, , , , ,

Oral-B Smile-Stages and Giveaway!

Wednesday, December 2, 2009 Leave a Comment

Good oral hygiene is so important to me. I grew up with it not being a priority in my family, and although I was fortunate enough that my parents took me to the dentist, the habits at home weren't formed and due to that now as an adult, I am making sure that Amber takes better care of her teeth than I did at that age.

During the holiday season, where sugar sweets and chocolates are abundant and the gatherings often turn into late nights, often our children are laid in bed without their teeth getting brushed.

On October 22, Oral-B Stages hosted an event in New York City with Dr. Jennifer Salzer to talk to parents and children about children's oral care.  An informational video with tips from Dr. Salzer was created as a result and I think that you will enjoy watching it.


To educate parents about children's oral health, Oral-B Stages and Scrapblog.com have partenered to provide parents a unique and easy way to document key "Smile-Stages" in their children's oral health development.  Smile-Stages are important milestones in children's oral health development, such as their first smile or the loss of their first tooth. A Smile-Stage is also a specific time of year when children's oral health is especially important, like Christmas!

With all the family gatherings and holiday events, parents have cute photos of their kids all dressed up.  You can take your children's Smile-Stages and visit http://www.scrapblog.com/smilestages/ and create personalized multimedia scrapbooks that can be viewed and shared online.

Don't forget that there are Oral-B Stages products for children of all ages, right from cleaning those first teeth that pop out, to children 8+.  Toothbrushes, toothpaste and floss always make great stocking stuffers for the whole family.

Oral-B is providing one of my readers with a set of Oral-B Stages toothbrushes and toothpaste (one of each stage) !!

To enter visit http://www.oralb.com/en-US/stages/#/home and let me know something you learned.

For extra entries (you must complete the above first to have extra entries)

1) Subscribe to my rss feed.
2) Become a fan of Three Different Directions on Facebook.
3) Follow me on twitter and Tweet about this giveaway. You may do this once per day.
4) Blog about this giveaway linking back to my blog.

Open to US residents, ages 18+, ends December 16, 2009 at 11:59 pm cst. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. Email must be in comment or available in profile. By entering this giveaway you are stating that you have read my **About Reviews and my Privacy/Rules statements and agree to them.

I received no compensation in any form of product or currency to post this information.

78 comments »

  • Sarah G. said:  

    I did not know that thumb sucking could cause problems with tooth alignment.

  • lissaxolove said:  

    I subscribe via email
    melis4745@yahoo.com

  • lissaxolove said:  

    I learned that during the winter, if your mouth is dry.. it can cause bad breathe!
    melis4745@yahoo.com

  • Benita said:  

    I subscribe via email.

    bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Benita said:  

    I learned that as soon as the baby's first tooth appears it's time to start brushing his teeth.

    bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • itsme said:  

    there was an article talking about the alcohol in mouthwash and it mentioned kids could get sick if they drank it...which I never really thought about the danger of mouthwash being alcohol. We don't really use it at our house but its one of those items that would be out within reach of little hands in a lot of homes and not really considered a dangerous poision

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/6292218085 tweet

  • Jennifer T. said:  

    I learned that tooth decay in babies can be avoided by not giving a baby a pacifier that has been dipped in honey or sugar. Unfortunately, this is a passed-down remedy in some families for teething pain.

  • Bebemiqui said:  

    I learned that my daughter's gums will be more tender as she's turning 8.
    bebemiqui82(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • mogrill said:  

    I learned a dry mouth can give you bad breath. Who knew??
    Thanks for the chance.
    mogrill@comcast.net

  • Anonymous said:  

    I learned... to swish mouthwash around in your mouth for 30 seconds to one minute. Thanks!
    cuteclipsandmore(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Stephanie Grant said:  

    I learnt that thumb sucking could cause problems with tooth alignment and that's a big issue we have been trying to break our son from thumb sucking and thats just more motive eeeekkkkk
    thegrants(at)live(dot)com

  • Stephanie Grant said:  

    I'm a fan of Three Different Directions on Facebook (Stephanie Petty-Grant)
    thegrants(at)live(dot)com

  • Stephanie Grant said:  

    Tweet:
    http://twitter.com/sgrant2005/status/6317128089

  • Stephanie Grant said:  

    I blogged:
    http://thegrantsgiveaways.blogspot.com/2009/12/three-different-directions-oral-b.html
    thegrants(at)live(dot)com

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/6323897163 tweet

  • Stephanie said:  

    learned usually all the baby teeth are in by age 3
    tvollowitz at aol dot com

  • Missybeez said:  

    I found out that as soon as the baby's first tooth appears it's time to start brushing his or her teeth.


    honeybeez80@yahoo.com

  • mverno said:  

    sucking of the thumb will do damage to the teeth mverno@roadrunner.com

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/6357984557 tweet

  • Brn2lisn said:  

    I learned that you can avoid baby bottle tooth decay by not putting your child to bed with a bottle. If you must, make sure it contains plain water instead of milk, juice or formula.

    brn2lisn(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Unknown said:  

    start brushing your baby's teeth as soon as the first chopper appears!

    Thanks for entering me! Great Contest!

    Janna Johnson
    janna@FeedYourPigBlog.com
    jannajanna@hotmail.com
    www.FeedYourPigBlog.com

  • Frankly Mary said:  

    I didn't know age 8 is when adult teeth grow in.

    lilacsilver(at)/yahoo[dot]/com

  • julis55 said:  

    I learned that my daughter's gums will be more tender as she's turning 8

  • Angela said:  

    I learned that their stage 2 toothbrushes have a cushioned head.

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/6387786464 tweet

  • Renee said:  

    I learned that, now that my daughter is three years old, her baby teeth have probably stopped growing by now.

  • pinkveganmiso said:  

    I learned that a study showed that standard flossing is as effective as electric flossers.

    We love these toothbrushes. And would love to win because for some reason, they are hard to find in our new city.

    pinkveganmiso(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Unknown said:  

    giving a baby a bottle in the crib can cause tooth decay
    amy16323(at)gmail(dot)com

  • ehhogan said:  

    I learned my daughter could benefit from a cross action power tooth brush

    ehhogan at bellsouth.net

  • Cowleys said:  

    It is good to watch your children and their thumb sucking because it can cause issues with tooth alignment later.

  • nightowl said:  

    I'm a fan of Three Different Directions on Facebook.

  • nightowl said:  

    I subscribe to your rss feed.

  • nightowl said:  

    I learned that dry mouth can lead to bad breath since there won't be as much saliva to wash away excess food particles and bacteria.

  • Tatum said:  

    When I asked my sons doctor if I should start brushing his first tooth he told me no..I just read that you should. I did start brushing when his first tooth appeared. Awesome Giveaway & Information Thanks..

  • mscoffee77 said:  

    I learned that an electric flosser such as the Oral-B Hummingbird is great for flossing the back teeth.

    mscoffee77(AT)juno(DOT)com

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/6442865950 tweet

  • Faythe said:  

    I found that it was a good idea to start cleaning my sons teeth as soon as they appeared. And that to floss as soon as you can get them too.

    gramousetails atgmail.com

  • Faythe said:  

    I subscribe to RSS via GFC.

    Faythe @GMT
    gramousetails ATgmail.com

  • itsme said:  

    tweet http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/6471292171

  • bethany said:  

    I learned ways to prevent baby bottle tooth decay! (No bottles in the crib w/ milk, juice, etc, no pacifiers dipped in sugary liquids, don't use bottle as pacifier)

    Thanks for the chance!

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/6504754608 tweet

  • phxbne said:  

    as soon as the baby's first tooth appears it's time to start brushing teeth - oops!

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/6539517948 tweet

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/6572164937 tweet

  • wigget said:  

    i learned All Floss Types Work Well When Used Daily

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/6601662397 tweet

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/6633706920 tweet

  • Anonymous said:  

    Awesome blog and thanks for the giveaway!....I would love love love to win this one!.... =]

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/6668644987 tweet

  • Anonymous said:  

    I learned that as soon as the baby's first tooth appears it's time to start brushing their teeth.
    erma.hurtt@sbcglobal.net

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/6703105803 tweet

  • Marla said:  

    I learned that if your mouth is dry during the winter you could get bad breath

  • chromiumman said:  

    learned that stage 2 toothbrushes have a cushioned head

  • Christy said:  

    As soon as your baby's first tooth appears, it's time to brush his/her teeth.

    safety_chick@hotmail.com

  • Tracey said:  

    Baby tooth decay is caused by giving a bottle at bedtime.
    traymona[at]aol.com

  • Happi Shopr said:  

    I learned that as soon as the baby's first tooth appears it's time to start brushing his teeth.

    trinitygsd at yahoo dot com

  • checkers said:  

    I went to their site & learned that Oral-B is The Brand More Dentists Use Themselves Worldwide.

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/6735993995

  • missreneer said:  

    I learned that a black hairy tongue is a temporary and harmless condition that is often caused by an overgrowth of bacteria in your mouth. Thanks for the great contest and Happy Holidays :)

  • Sonya said:  

    Once the first tooth comes in it's time to start brushing!

  • giggling kids said:  

    Sucking on thumbs can cause teeth problems!

    heatherstamper09@aol.com

  • cman said:  

    A dry mouth can give you bad breath..

  • laurenhollins said:  

    I just learned I am not supposed to be dipping my daughters pacifer in honey, because it can cause tooth decay. I have been doing it, my mom did it to me, my grandmother did it to my mom : ( and I never knew that was a negative thing. I'm so glad I learned this.

    poopoochoo@gmail.com

  • laurenhollins said:  

    I subscribed to your rss feed, using google reader.

    poopoochoo@gmail.com

  • Donna said:  

    If your mouth is dry, you can get bad breath.
    donna444444@yahoo.com

  • Donna said:  

    subscriber
    donna444444@yahoo.com

  • laurenhollins said:  

    i follow you on twitter and tweeted about this giveaway here: http://twitter.com/crayonder/status/6755913325

  • /\Heather/\ said:  

    I learned that Oral-B recommends that kids floss starting at stage 3 (5-7 years).

  • lilyk said:  

    I learned that thumb sucking can cause problems with tooth alignment.

  • lilyk said:  

    I subscribed to your feed.

  • lilyk said:  

    I became your Facebook fan.

  • Leave your response!