, , , , ,

Apple Pro Peeler from Starfrit® Giveaway

Sunday, October 25, 2009 Leave a Comment

A trip to the apple orchard and our bags are laden with delectable fruit, waiting to be used for yummy baking recipes...but wait...sigh...peeling and coring them is so much work, and I seriously do find it a chore to do so.

I was recently sent a Starfrit Apple Pro Peeler to use and review; and my family  is thankful.
It now officially takes me longer to do the dishes, than it does to prepare the apples for baking.

In just seconds the Apple Pro Peeler, peels your apple with such precision that only a minuscule amount of fruit gets removed with the peel.  Use the included corer/slicer and you might only have to cube the apples at that point for baking.

The see through design make it fun for kids to watch you use, or if they are a bit older use themselves (only under supervision, the blade and the prongs are very sharp), and it has some what of a retro look to it.

When you're done, the directions state to rinse the blade and prongs under running water, but I'd simply use a soapy sponge and then go over it with a wet cloth to remove any soap, again being very careful around the blades.  When I rinsed it under water I ended up getting water inside the housing.  It did dry out on its own, but to avoid that happening again, I've successuflly cleaned it just using a sponge.

The suctioned cup feet on the base make it slip resistant when using it, which is a nice feature.

The only thing I found awkward, is while taking the apple off the prongs when the peel has been removed, I have to hold the handle down with one hand, while grabbing the apple with the other.  Maybe that's the intended way to remove the apple or maybe I'm just a 94 pound weakling, but I find it a little tough to do, lol.

All in all though that is a minor inconvenience for the quickness that this system does peeling, coring and slicing the apples.

Here is a recipe I made, using the Apple Pro Peeler as my prepping tool.

Apple Cake with Caramel Sauce

2 1/2 cups apples, chopped
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
(mix together set aside)

1 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
(Mix together set aside)

1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 egg, beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla
(Stir into apple mixture)

Mix the apples and the dry ingredients together.  Pour into a greased pie plate.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.  Top with Ice Cream Caramel Sauce.

If you'd like to make the apple prep work in your kitchen faster, you can purchase the Starfrit Apple Peeler Pro for $16.99 - that includes the corer/slicer and 3 additional replacement blades.

Starfrit is sponsoring a giveaway here on my blog for one of my readers to win the Apple Picker Pro.  

To enter visit Starfrit USA and leave a comment with another item they sell that you would be interested in.

For extra entries (the above must be done first) you can:
 
1. Become a fan of Starfrit USA on Facebook
2. Become a fan of Three Different Directions on Facebook
3. Follow me on twitter and tweet this giveaway (this can be once per day, please leave the direct link to your tweet in the comments). Just click the birdie.
4. Follow my blog publicly.
5. Subscribe to my feed via e-mail or reader.
6. Blog about this giveaway linking back to my blog.
7. Add my button to your blog.

This giveaway will end on November 8, 2009 at 11:59 pm cst and open to U.S. Residents ages 18+. The winner will be chosen by random.org and will be e-mailed. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to the e-mail or an alternate winner will be chosen. By entering this giveaway you are stating that you have read my **About Reviews and Privacy/Rulesdeclaration and agree to them.

I received a complimentary Apple Peeler Pro from Starfrit USA prior to writing this post.

238 comments »

«Oldest   ‹Older   1 – 200 of 238   Newer›   Newest»
  • Anonymous said:  

    The "potato Masher and Ricer"!
    could be used alot in our kitchen~

    panicxduh@yahoo.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    Fan on Starfrit USA Facebook!::

    http://www.facebook.com/erinxduh

    panicxduh@yahoo.com

  • Kati Aileen said:  

    I really like the Supreme Slicer Set. ladybugmamaof2@hotmail.com

  • Jana said:  

    WOW Cool stuff! Right away I see I want a QUICK FIX spatula! No more messes on the counter top & heat resistant up to 300 degrees F! SWEET!

    dropcqueen@yahoo.com

  • Jana said:  

    I am a fan of Starfrit USA on Facebook

    dropcqueen@yahoo.com

  • Jana said:  

    follow on twitter and tweeted

    dropcqueen@yahoo.com

  • Jana said:  

    I follow you blog publicly

    dropcqueen@yahoo.com

  • Kati Aileen said:  

    I'm a fan of Starfrit USA on facebook. ladybugmamaof2@hotmail.com

  • Kati Aileen said:  

    I'm a fan of Three Different Directions on facebook. ladybugmamaof2@hotmail.com

  • Kati Aileen said:  

    I'm a follower. ladybugmamaof2@hotmail.com

  • Kati Aileen said:  

    I have your button. ladybugmamaof2@hotmail.com

  • Traumajunky said:  

    I would also like the Supreme Slicer Set. Thanks!

  • Anonymous said:  

    The Garlic Genius looks pretty cool.
    reberd at yahoo dot com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I like the silicone tongs.
    gemitan at aol dot com

  • Unknown said:  

    I also like the STARFRIT potato chipper. amypugmire@live.com

  • Unknown said:  

    fb fan of starfrit. amy bolda pugmire. amypugmire@live.com

  • Unknown said:  

    fb fan of yours. amy bolda pugmire. amypugmire@live.com

  • Unknown said:  

    I follow u. amypugmire@live.com

  • Unknown said:  

    email subscriber. amypugmire2live.com

  • Unknown said:  

    I subscribe to your feed. amypugmire@live.com

  • Unknown said:  

    I have your button. amypugmire@live.com

  • Unknown said:  

    follow on twitter and tweeted. amypugmire@live.com
    http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/5148882347

  • Missybeez said:  

    The rotate express is neat.

  • aggie said:  

    I can see great possibilities for the Potato Chipper and the Rotato Express.
    gavagana@yahoo.com

  • aggie said:  

    blog follower
    gavagana@yahoo.com

  • aggie said:  

    follow on twitter @localoba and tweeted
    http://twitter.com/localoba/status/5150018922
    gavagana@yahoo.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would also like to try the Freshcut folding chopping board--I like it's funneling feature.
    farrell@crosslake.net

  • Anonymous said:  

    I like the Silicone Tongs.

    bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    Email subscriber.

    bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Sonya Cocherell said:  

    I think I would like the Supreme Slicer Set. Thanks!

  • Anonymous said:  

    The Starfrit Potato Chipper looks interesting.

    Mona Lisa
    monalisa@twcny.rr.com

  • chromiumman said:  

    would love the Electronic Wall Kitchen Scale

  • Anonymous said:  

    The silicone tongs would surely come in handy!!!

    mzpaw@yahoo.com

  • lmurley2000 said:  

    i like the rotato express
    lmurley2000@yahoo.com

  • lmurley2000 said:  

    fan of starfrit on facebook-lmurley2000
    lmurley2000@yahoo.com

  • lmurley2000 said:  

    fan of tdd on facebook-lmurley2000
    lmurley2000@yahoo.com

  • lmurley2000 said:  

    follow and tweet
    http://twitter.com/lmurley2000/status/5158405793
    lmurley2000@yahoo.com

  • lmurley2000 said:  

    follow blog
    lmurley2000@yahoo.com

  • lmurley2000 said:  

    email subscriber
    lmurley2000@yahoo.com

  • lfhpueblo said:  

    The Electronic Kitchen Wall Kitchen Scale.

  • lfhpueblo said:  

    I became a fan of their site on facebook.

  • lfhpueblo said:  

    I'm your fan too on facebook. Good luck to all.

  • Ms. Deeds said:  

    Garlic Genius

    Melissa(dot)Becker@gmail(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I wouldn't mind trying the eco-breakfast pan:
    I can't make decent fried eggs with my frying pan even with non-stick spray,writer61@yahoo.com

  • itsme said:  

    i could use a masher ricer

  • itsme said:  

    starfrit facebook fan

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5162796108 tweet

  • itsme said:  

    http://clarissaneiding.blogspot.com/2009/10/apple-gadget.html blogged

  • itsme said:  

    http://clarissaneiding.blogspot.com/2009/10/apple-gadget.html have button

  • Natalie A. said:  

    I think the STARFRIT potato chipper is pretty cool! Thanks!

    coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

  • Natalie A. said:  

    I follow and tweeted!
    http://twitter.com/natdey/status/5165697159

  • Heather Brandt said:  

    I love the Collapsible Silicone Steamer with lid!

    heatherlbrandt (at) verizon (dot) net

  • Celeste said:  

    I like the Die-Cast aluminum cook ware

    contact me at:
    celeste@mail4me.com

  • Celeste said:  

    Got your button!

    contact me at:
    celeste@mail4me.com

  • Jean said:  

    I like the Rechargeable pepper grinder

  • Unknown said:  

    tweet on 10/26. amypugmire@live.com
    http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/5174811648

  • gary, katie, gavin and marek said:  

    I like the Deluxe rotary grater. Thank you.

  • gary, katie, gavin and marek said:  

    Fan of Three Different Directions on Facebook

  • gary, katie, gavin and marek said:  

    Follow on facebook and sent a Tweet http://twitter.com/Katrinska/status/5179737679

  • KayeDean said:  

    I like the Potato express also.

  • KayeDean said:  

    I am a fan of Starfrit USA on Facebook (saundra mckenzie)

  • KayeDean said:  

    I am a fan of Three Different Directions on Facebook (saundra mckenzie)

  • KayeDean said:  

    I follow you on Twitter as LMsmeemaw and I tweeted -

    http://twitter.com/LMsMeeMaw/status/5181294220

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5182031250 daily tweet

  • Suburban prep said:  

    Sounds kind of bland but I would love the Salt & Pepper Grinder Set.
    I need a prepper grinder that works.

  • Katrina said:  

    I like the Freshcut folding chopping board

    ykatrina at hotmail dot com

  • ezmerelda said:  

    I would kill for the salad spinner.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I love the Electronic Kitchen Scale.

    hebert024 at aol dot com

  • mogrill said:  

    The folding chopping board is a great idea. Thanks for the chance.
    mogrill@comcast.net

  • Natalie A. said:  

    Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/natdey/status/5188923631

    coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

  • julis55 said:  

    The Garlic Genius looks pretty cool

  • clc408 said:  

    The Starfrit Eco Breakfast Pan looks very nice. Thanks!

  • karenmed409 said:  

    I would be interested in the Silicone oven mitt and pot holder for the BBQ

  • karenmed409 said:  

    Facebook fan of starfrit, left message on the wall

  • karenmed409 said:  

    blogged
    http://gummasplace.blogspot.com/2009/10/three-different-directions-apple-pro.html

  • Unknown said:  

    tweet on 10/27. amypugmire@live.com
    http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/5203126789

  • Natalie A. said:  

    Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/natdey/status/5205742793

    coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

  • Mary A said:  

    I would love to have some of the Silicone Spatulas with Quick Fix. Thanks for the giveaway.

  • Jamie - The Itty Bitty Teacher said:  

    The potato masher and rice looks great too.

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5210536463 daily tweet

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would like to try the Starfrit Eco Breakfast Pan

    samsakara@twcny.rr.com

  • Unknown said:  

    QUICK FIX spatula would be great in this house !!neat products and thanks for the opp

  • Unknown said:  

    tweet on 10/28. amypugmire@live.com
    http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/5233075261

  • Jeanine said:  

    i like the mightigrip jar opener

  • mindy said:  

    starfrit potato chipper is unique thanks minsthins at optonline dot net

  • Natalie A. said:  

    Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/natdey/status/5236930964

    coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

  • Wehaf said:  

    I'd also like to try the Garlic Genius. We use a lot of garlic!

    urchiken at gmail dot com

  • Stephanie Grant said:  

    I would also like to have the STARFRIT potato chipper
    thegrants(at)live(dot)com

  • Stephanie Grant said:  

    I'm a fan of Starfrit USA on Facebook (Stephanie Petty-Grant)
    thegrants(at)live(dot)com

  • Stephanie Grant said:  

    I'm a fan of Three Different Directions on Facebook (Stephanie Petty-Grant)
    thegrants(at)live(dot)com

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5245347921 daily tweet

  • Jeff said:  

    The Garlic Genius for fresh garlic ...

  • Unknown said:  

    tweet on 10/29. amypugmire@live.com
    http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/5261056746

  • Natalie A. said:  

    Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/natdey/status/5264912726

    coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5272831291 daily tweet

  • Heidi V said:  

    I like the Garlic Genius and the Manual food processor!

    Thanks
    heidivargas [at] live dot com

  • Heidi V said:  

    Blogged about the giveaway @ http://theblackcell.com/blogs/index.php/apple-pro-peeler-from-starfrit%C2%AE-giveaway-ends-11-08-2009/

    Thanks
    heidivargas [at] live dot com

  • Evie said:  

    I am interested in the garlic genius

  • Evie said:  

    fan of Starfrit USA on Facebook (luvmakeup)

  • Evie said:  

    fan of Three Different Directions on Facebook (luvmakeup)

  • Evie said:  

    tweeted & follow http://twitter.com/shopgurl/status/5282084163

  • tomato said:  

    The garlic genius looks cool!

    hanovertomato at yahoo dot com

  • Unknown said:  

    tweet on 10/30. amypugmire@live.com
    http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/5290118334

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5295447264 daily tweet

  • Natalie A. said:  

    Tweet
    http://twitter.com/natdey/status/5298087031

    coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

  • Renee said:  

    I'd like the SECURIMAX AUTO can opener

  • andrea v said:  

    Cheese Grater, always wanted a fancy one

  • Anne said:  

    I'd love the STARFRIT potato chipper.

  • Anne said:  

    facebook fan of Starfit

  • Anne said:  

    facebook fan of 3 different directions.

  • Anne said:  

    I follow publicly on google.

  • Anne said:  

    I tweeted:
    http://twitter.com/lunaj1456/status/5313582887

  • Anne said:  

    I subscribe by email

  • Unknown said:  

    tweet on 10/31. amypugmire@live.com
    http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/5315847561

  • Natalie A. said:  

    Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/natdey/status/5316244336

    coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

  • jerricaparr said:  

    I really like the Manual food processor!.
    :)

    jerricapuck@yahoo.com

  • jerricaparr said:  

    Starfrit USA fan on facebook.
    :)

    jerricapuck@yahoo.com

  • jerricaparr said:  

    Three Different Directions fac.
    :)

    jerricapuck@yahoo.com

  • jerricaparr said:  

    i follow you via twitter.
    & tweeted.
    http://twitter.com/jerricapuck/status/5316841503
    :)

    jerricapuck@yahoo.com

  • jerricaparr said:  

    i follow you publicly via Google & Blogger.
    :)

    jerricapuck@yahoo.com

  • jerricaparr said:  

    subscriber.
    :)

    jerricapuck@yahoo.com

  • throuthehaze said:  

    I also like the potato chipper
    throuthehaze at gmail dot com

  • throuthehaze said:  

    starfrit FB fan-Rae Pavey
    throuthehaze at gmail dot com

  • throuthehaze said:  

    your FB fan-Rae Pavey
    throuthehaze at gmail dot com

  • throuthehaze said:  

    follower
    throuthehaze at gmail dot com

  • throuthehaze said:  

    subscriber
    throuthehaze at gmail dot com

  • throuthehaze said:  

    button
    throuthehaze.blogspot.com
    throuthehaze at gmail dot com

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5321236317 daily tweet

  • sweetsue said:  

    I keep forgetting to buy a new can opener so my favorite product is the MightiCan can opener!
    smchester at gmail dot com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I like the Starfrit Eco Breakfast Pan.

    Allegro966(at)gmail(dot)com

  • sweetsue said:  

    I follow your blog publicly.
    smchester at gmail dot com

  • K. Rock said:  

    I would try the silicone steamer.

  • Unknown said:  

    tweet on 11/1. amypugmire@live.com
    http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/5339963866

  • Holly B said:  

    I like their Potato MASHER & RICER, would be very useful!

    hblaser at gmail dot com

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5346187539 daily tweet

  • Anne said:  

    tweeted:
    http://twitter.com/lunaj1456/status/5346731356

  • Natalie A. said:  

    Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/natdey/status/5349287767

    coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

  • Susan said:  

    I would like the StarFrit Deluxe Rotary Grater
    We need a new cheese grater!!!

  • Unknown said:  

    tweet on 11/2. amypugmire@live.com
    http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/5366139496

  • Natalie A. said:  

    Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/natdey/status/5369080064

    coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5369397547 daily tweet

  • Anne said:  

    tweeted:
    http://twitter.com/lunaj1456/status/5372830089

  • Leslie said:  

    I need a new potato masher, and theirs looks good!

  • Crystal said:  

    I LOVE the Rotato Press. I could use this when making potato soup!
    Thanks!
    davidandotis(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Crystal said:  

    Fan of Three Different Directions on FB.
    Thanks!
    davidandotis(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Unknown said:  

    tweet on 11/3. amypugmire@live.com
    http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/5394051548

  • Natalie A. said:  

    Tweet
    http://twitter.com/natdey/status/5398147606

    coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5398681321 daily tweet

  • Anne said:  

    tweeted:
    http://twitter.com/lunaj1456/status/5402691129

  • Unknown said:  

    tweet on 11/4. amypugmire@live.com
    http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/5423361993

  • The Dreamer said:  

    the potato peeler is awesome

    addeviant006 at gmail dot com

  • Natalie A. said:  

    Tweet
    http://twitter.com/natdey/status/5427754672

    coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

  • Natalie A. said:  

    I'm a Facebook Fan of Starfrit!

    coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

  • Natalie A. said:  

    I'm a Facebook Fan of Three Different Directions!

    coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

  • Natalie A. said:  

    I blogged!
    http://theadventuresofpaulnatalie.blogspot.com/2009/11/starfrit-apple-pro-peeler-giveaway.html

    coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

  • Anne said:  

    tweeted:
    http://twitter.com/lunaj1456/status/5431699144

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5431941051 daily tweet

  • Unknown said:  

    tweet on 11/5. amypugmire@live.com
    http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/5453957935

  • Natalie A. said:  

    Tweet
    http://twitter.com/natdey/status/5455348575

    coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5455486276 daily tweet

  • Anonymous said:  

    Potato masher

  • Unknown said:  

    I really like the Collapsible silicone steamer with lid!

    ferriza2(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Unknown said:  

    tweeted @ferriza2

    http://twitter.com/ferriza2/status/5473913530

    ferriza2(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Unknown said:  

    i follow! ferriz

    ferriza2(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • idahomom said:  

    I need the Garlic Genius.

  • Unknown said:  

    tweet on 11/6. amypugmire@live.com
    http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/5484051866

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5484212922 daily tweet

  • Natalie A. said:  

    Tweet
    http://twitter.com/natdey/status/5489867922

    coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

  • taxchyk said:  

    The Rotato Express. I have a niece with CP, and this would be very helpful for her.

  • Natalie A. said:  

    Tweet
    http://twitter.com/natdey/status/5510467655

    coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5510554995 daily tweet

  • Anonymous said:  

    I think I like the rotato express.

    denise_22315 at yahoo dot com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I subscribe.

    denise_22315 at yahoo dot com

  • Unknown said:  

    tweet on 11/7. amypugmire@live.com
    http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/5513279029

  • art-sweet said:  

    I like the collapsible silicon steamer

  • Aisling said:  

    I'd love to have a Mightigrip Jar 0pener and it's going on my Christmas list right now!

  • Anonymous said:  

    The folding chopping board.

    shawnac68@hotmail.com

  • Jessica said:  

    I like the potatoe Chipper too!

  • SeahorseLady said:  

    I also like the nice Stainless Steel Gourmet 10 piece set.

  • Tylerpants said:  

    I like the Starfrit Bake n' Serve 10" round pan!
    tylerpants(at)gmail.com

  • «Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 238   Newer› Newest»

    Leave your response!