, , , , ,

Smelly Washer Giveaway

Saturday, October 24, 2009 Leave a Comment



Makes Your Washing Machine Smell and Look Great


I am on my second front loading washing machine. After a couple of months with my first one ten years ago, I soon learned that if I did not want my laundry room or clothes and towels to smell all mildewy, I had to leave the door of the machine open after washing.

Front loaders are great at saving water and not as tough on your clothes as a top loader, but the design lends itself to trapped water and residue on and in the door and gasket.

I have never thought of "cleaning" my washing machine. That seems sort of oxymoronic doesn't it, using a washing machine cleaner? I mean by default shouldn't your machine be getting clean each time you use it? Unfortunately not. Detergent and fabric softeners leave themselves behind, the dark damp environment is perfect for mold growth, and then (ick) we throw our clothes in there, and they pick all that up when we're "washing" them. Kind of ironic in a way.

In any case there is a better way to keep that scent and growth at bay then my solution of just leaving the door open and that's Smelly Washer.
To start on a washer that has never been cleaned - take one level cap of Smelly Washer and use your hottest water setting.  (Of course make sure your washing machine is empty first).  Agitate for two minutes and then turn off.  Let it sit overnight, and then in the morning complete the cycle.


Now I didn't have a mildew smell from my washer, since I always leave my door open when it's not in use.  But, I did have some pretty unsightly residue on the inside of the door.



One use of Smelly Washer as detailed above and....



Now to keep a cleaned washer clean you use just a teaspoon in a hot wash or soak cycle monthly to remove any accumulated residue.  Easy peasy.

A bottle of Smelly Washer runs $16.99 plus shipping, but that has 24 uses in it.  So that's less than a dollar a use which I think is worth keeping your laundry from stinking.  If you use the code differentdirections you will get 10% off your purchase. It's also an all natural product so you know there isn't any additional chemicals being put in your machine.

Smelly Washer is giving away one bottle to a reader here on my blog.

To enter leave a comment letting me know you would like to be entered to win.

For extra entries (the above must be done first) you can:
 
1. Subscribe to the Smelly Washer Blog feed.
2. Become a fan of Three Different Directions on Facebook
3. Follow me on twitter and tweet this giveaway (this can be once per day, please leave the direct link to your tweet in the comments). Just click the birdie.
4. Follow my blog publicly.
5. Subscribe to my feed via e-mail or reader.
6. Blog about this giveaway linking back to my blog.
7. Add my button to your blog.

This giveaway will end on November 8, 2009 at 11:59 pm cst and open to U.S. Residents ages 18+. The winner will be chosen by random.org and will be e-mailed. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to the e-mail or an alternate winner will be chosen. By entering this giveaway you are stating that you have read my **About Reviews and Privacy/Rules declaration and agree to them.

I received a complimentary bottle of Smelly Washer to use and formulate my own opinion about prior to writing this post.

102 comments »

  • mverno said:  

    i 'd love to be entered to win thank-you
    mverno@roadrunner.com

  • teddi said:  

    Hi. This would be great to win. Thank you!

  • teddi said:  

    I subscribe via Google reader.

  • Anonymous said:  

    We could really use this for our smelly washer.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I subscribed to Smelly washer.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I am a Facebook Fan.

  • Anonymous said:  

    Twitter/Tweet:
    http://twitter.com/Babasfarmlife/status/5128199149

  • Anonymous said:  

    I am following you blog.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I am an email subscriber.

  • Anonymous said:  

    Posted here:
    http://babasfarmlife.blogspot.com/2009/10/list-your-giveaways-saturday-1024.html

  • Anna said:  

    I'd love to be entered to win - my washing machine could use it!
    anna.courtney(at)virgin(dot)net

  • Anna said:  

    I follow your blog publicly
    anna.courtney(at)virgin(dot)net

  • Anna said:  

    I am a fan of Three Different Directions on Facebook
    anna.courtney(at)virgin(dot)net

  • Anna said:  

    I subscribe to the Smelly Washer Blog feed
    anna.courtney(at)virgin(dot)net

  • Anna said:  

    I sunscribe to your feed via reader.
    anna.courtney(at)virgin(dot)net

  • andrea v said:  

    I've love to try this, thanks

  • christina a said:  

    just yesterday i was wondering if a product like this existed because I too keep smelling a mildey odor in my machine and couldnt understand how a washing machine could be dirty :/

  • Laura C said:  

    I would like to enter to win.
    pcollins@viscom.net

  • Terra Heck said:  

    I'd like to try this. Please count me in to win.
    partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • Terra Heck said:  

    email subscriber
    partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • Terra Heck said:  

    I follow your blog.
    partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • sweepmom said:  

    I never thought of cleaning out my washing machine. I am guessing it really needs it.

  • Toystory said:  

    I would like to try this... my washer is about 11 years old now, and it needs it!!

  • Toystory said:  

    I am a subscriber to your email.

  • Toystory said:  

    I follow you on Twitter!

  • Sue E said:  

    I would love to be entered to win, I need to get rid of my smelly washer. Thanks!

    sueellison@hcecwildblue.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    b/c my dryer stinks!

    autumn398 @ yahoo.com

  • Laura C said:  

    I subscribe Smelly washer blog feed
    pcollins@viscom.net

  • Laura C said:  

    I follow on twitter and tweeted 10/27
    http://twitter.com/sweepcoupon

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would love to win this! My washer really needs it!

    hebert024 at aol dot com

  • Laura C said:  

    tweet 10/28
    pcollins@viscom.net

  • mail4rosey said:  

    We have the mildew smell....ew!

    msurosey@yahoo.com

  • mail4rosey said:  

    subscriber

    msurosey@yahoo.com

  • Laura C said:  

    I follow on twitter 10/29
    http://twitter.com/sweepcoupon

    pcollins@viscom.net

  • Laura C said:  

    I follow your blog.
    pcollins@viscom.net

  • tomato said:  

    We have stinky well water, I'd love to win this!


    hanovertomato at yahoo dot com

  • Evie said:  

    I want to be entered

  • Evie said:  

    Subscribe to the Smelly Washer Blog feed via google reader

  • Evie said:  

    follow & tweeted: http://twitter.com/shopgurl/status/5281771376

  • Evie said:  

    fan of Three Different Directions on Facebook (luvmakeup)

  • Evie said:  

    subscibed to this blog via reader

  • chlorinebrain said:  

    i 'd love to be entered to win - I do have a smelly washer! Thanks!

  • Renee said:  

    I'd like to be entered to win

  • andrea v said:  

    I'd love to win, thanks

  • andrea v said:  

    blog subscriber to smelly washer-vickers

  • andrea v said:  

    your blog follower-vickers

  • mytwogirls said:  

    Oh my, I wash cloth diapers in my front loader every other day and we could seriously use this product!!! My washer gets funky sometimes. Yuk.
    cillymoo@gmail.com

  • mytwogirls said:  

    I subbed to smelly washer blog feed
    cillymoo@gmail.com

  • mytwogirls said:  

    I am a follower
    cillymoo@gmail.com

  • mytwogirls said:  

    I am a subscriber
    cillymoo@gmail.com

  • Laura C said:  

    I follow and tweeted 11/1
    pcollins@viscom.net

  • Laura C said:  

    I follow and I tweeted 11/2
    pcollins@viscom.net

  • Laura C said:  

    I follow and tweeted 11/4
    pcollins@viscom.net

  • Laura C said:  

    I subscribe to my email feed
    pcollins@viscom.net

  • idahomom said:  

    I have a smelly washer. Help please.

  • Gabriel S-J. said:  

    This would be great for my smelly washer!

  • Brooke said:  

    Would love to try this for my washer and my hubbys towels phew..

  • Anonymous said:  

    Yes! I would love to be entered to win!

  • Anonymous said:  

    I could really use this our washer smells nasty!!

    shawnac68@hotmail.com

  • jenni d said:  

    Enter me to win!
    studio869 at yahoo dot com

  • Pamela S said:  

    I would love to win this because my HE washer stinks horribly and it needs help!! Thanks so much! pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net

  • Pamela S said:  

    Subscribed via google reader. Thanks so much! pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net

  • Pamela S said:  

    Follower on GFC. Thanks so much! pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net

  • Laura C said:  

    I tweeted 11/8
    pcollins@viscom.net

  • heatherzilla said:  

    Please include me in the giveaway. I would love to try smelly washer. My front loading washing machine is a nightmare.

  • heatherzilla said:  

    I follow you and I tweeted:
    http://twitter.com/heatherzilla8/statuses/5530769926

  • CherylS22 said:  

    Please enter me in the drawing.
    Thanks ~ megalon22{at}yahoo{dot}com

  • CherylS22 said:  

    I'm a fan on Facebook
    megalon22{at}yahoo{dot}com

  • CherylS22 said:  

    I follow publicly
    megalon22{at}yahoo{dot}com

  • CherylS22 said:  

    I subscribe via Google Reader
    megalon22{at}yahoo{dot}com

  • AmentsChick said:  

    I've been wanting to try this! Please enter me to win!

    amentschick(at)gmail(dot)com

  • bkwrms said:  

    I would love to try this.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I want to win! My washer has recently become smelly.
    fefebelkin[at]live[dot]com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'm a fan on facebook as Felicia Marie.
    fefebelkin[at]live[dot]com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I follow you via google friend connect as LadybugMama.
    fefebelkin[at]live[dot]com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I subscribe via google reader.
    fefebelkin[at]live[dot]com

  • Anonymous said:  

    OMG, this would rock! I would love to be entered!

    mzpaw@yahoo.com

  • chaipo said:  

    I'd like to win!

    chaipoak@gmail.com

  • chaipo said:  

    Added smelly washer to google reader.

    chaipoak@gmail.com

  • chaipo said:  

    fan of three different directions on facebook.

    chaipoak@gmail.com

  • chaipo said:  

    tweeted: http://twitter.com/chaipoakgnr/status/5546002463

    chaipoak@gmail.com

  • Gloria's Bits and Pieces said:  

    I'd love to be entered to win Smelly Washer!

    kngmckellar@hotmail.com

  • Gloria's Bits and Pieces said:  

    Subscribe to the Smelly Washer Blog feed via google reader

    kngmckellar@hotmail.com

  • Gloria's Bits and Pieces said:  

    fan of Three Different Directions on Facebook - gloria mckellar

    kngmckellar@hotmail.com

  • Gloria's Bits and Pieces said:  

    http://twitter.com/kngmckellar/status/5546260879

    follow on twitter and tweeted
    kngmckellar@hotmail.com

  • Gloria's Bits and Pieces said:  

    follow your blog

    kngmckellar@hotmail.com

  • Gloria's Bits and Pieces said:  

    email subscriber

    kngmckellar@hotmail.com

  • Gloria's Bits and Pieces said:  

    http://kngmckellar-glorias.blogspot.com/2009/11/httpwwwthreedifferentdirectionscom20091_08.html

    blogged
    kngmckellar@hotmail.com

  • Lisanne624 said:  

    This sounds like a really useful product! I'd love to try it!

    lahlstedt (at) gmail (dot) com

  • Miranda Ward said:  

    My washer smells like sewage ewww

  • dvice12 said:  

    I'd like to be entered to win

  • cman said:  

    I'd like to be entered to win for my smelly washer.

  • Donna said:  

    I would like to enter please.
    donna444444@yahoo.com

  • Donna said:  

    button on my blog
    donna444444@yahoo.com

  • lilyk said:  

    I would like to be entered to win. Thanks!

  • Leave your response!