,

Permission Slips Giveaway

Monday, October 26, 2009 Leave a Comment

For all the stupid things you've thought, said or done, or for all the things you should have thought said or done but didn't, there is a Permission Slip.

The first thing you want to do if you feel inferior as a wife, mother or person is read Sherri Shepherd's (co-host of The View, and I state that because I don't watch The View, so honestly I didn't know who she was!) book Permission Slips: Every Woman's Guide to Giving Herself A Break.

Written in a down-to-earth, sometimes irreverent but nonetheless thought-provoking manner, "this book is a shout-out to anyone who's said something dumb, in front of one person, two people, or the entire United States of YouTube."

All you need to do is read the book, fill in your name in the "permission slip" and you're golden, at least until the next dumb thing you do (or don't do).

What's more?  4 readers on my blog have a chance to win a copy!  Simply leave a comment letting me know you're interested.

For extra entries (the above must be done first) you can:
 
1. Become a fan of Three Different Directions on Facebook

2. Follow me on twitter and tweet this giveaway (this can be once per day, please leave the direct link to your tweet in the comments). Just click the birdie.
3. Follow my blog publicly.
4. Subscribe to my feed via e-mail or reader.
5. Blog about this giveaway linking back to my blog.
6. Add my button to your blog.

This giveaway will end on November 9, 2009 at 11:59 pm cst and open to U.S. and Canadian Residents ages 18+. The winner will be chosen by random.org and will be e-mailed. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to the e-mail or an alternate winner will be chosen. By entering this giveaway you are stating that you have read my **About Reviews and Privacy/Rules declaration and agree to them.

I received a complimentary copy of Permission Slips from Hachette Book Group prior to writing this post.

72 comments »

  • lissaxolove said:  

    This sounds great!
    Thanks for the opportunity!

    melis4745@yahoo.com

  • lissaxolove said:  

    I subscribe via email!
    melis4745@yahoo.com

  • Marla said:  

    Sounds like an interesting book. Thank you for the entry.

    koinonia572001@yahoo.com

  • Marla said:  

    I follow your blog. Thanks!

    koinonia572001@yahoo.com

  • Marla said:  

    I am an email subscriber. Thanks again!

    koinonia572001@yahoo.com

  • Ms. Sarah said:  

    i have so wanted to read this.
    Sarahcaiafa@gmail.com

  • Ms. Sarah said:  

    i belong to your reader

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'm interested. I'd love to read this book.

    bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'm an email subscriber.

    bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Dawn @ Coming to a Nursery Near You said:  

    Hi there :)
    I'd definitely be interested, in that yeah, I LIVE in a pool of guilt. All I ever hear from family & friends is "you gotta give yourself a breaaaak" but it's just so hard! I'd like to see what Sherri has to say about it.

  • Dawn @ Coming to a Nursery Near You said:  

    I'm a follower on twitter :) (@dawniemom)

  • Dawn said:  

    http://twitter.com/dawniemom/status/5187413426 I tweeted :)

  • Nancy said:  

    I think I can use a permission slip...or two.

  • Nancy said:  

    I subscribe via RSS feed.

  • JaelCustomDesigns said:  

    I'm already publicly following you.

  • JaelCustomDesigns said:  

    I'm now your Fan on Facebook!

  • JaelCustomDesigns said:  

    Now following you in twitter!

  • JaelCustomDesigns said:  

    I tweeted about this Giveaway!

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'd love to read this book. Great giveaway!
    jackieque@comcast.net

  • 409cope said:  

    This looks like a good read that I would enjoy. cardshark42(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • Nicole C. said:  

    I woudl love to read this book!!

    choateorama(at)gmail(dot)com

  • mscoffee77 said:  

    I would love to win this book. It sounds relevant to my life!

    mscoffee77(AT)juno(DOT)com

  • Nickolay said:  

    I know someone who really wants to read this book

    jason(at)allworldautomotive(dot)com

  • Evie said:  

    I want to enter this contest

  • Evie said:  

    fan of Three Different Directions on Facebook (luvmakeup)

  • Evie said:  

    tweeted & follow http://twitter.com/shopgurl/status/5282132129

  • Anonymous said:  

    I love watching Sherri and would love to read her book. JD

    SamneneD@aol.com

  • Renee said:  

    Interested! I love Sherri :)

  • K. Rock said:  

    I would like to read this book!!

  • Deb K said:  

    I would love to win this book~It sounds so good!!

  • Deb K said:  

    I am a fan on Facebook

    Deb S

  • Deb K said:  

    I follow you on Twitter

    Tweet
    http://twitter.com/Deb55106/statuses/5341090767

  • Deb K said:  

    I subscribe with Google Reader


    deb55106(at)gmail(dot)com

  • missdenise said:  

    I have been dying to read this since I read her article in home journal this month

  • Krista said:  

    I would like to win this book.

    junkbox0506@hotmail.com

  • Mari said:  

    I'd love to win this book because I think Sherri is so funny and a survivor

    runningmatey at hotmail dot com

  • Mari said:  

    also a subscriber

    runningmatey at hotmail dot com

  • cassie said:  

    I'm interested, ty.
    wombatspurple at yahoo dot com

  • Kimberly said:  

    She's so funny. I would love to read this.

  • Kimberly said:  

    I subscribe via email.

  • Anonymous said:  

    Yes, I am interested!

    theyyyguy@yahoo.com

  • Ellie Wright said:  

    Thanks for the giveaway. I'd love to win this.
    eswright18 at gmail dot com

  • Hotsnotty2 said:  

    I'd love to read this, thanks for the chance!

    Hotsnotty2@hotmail.com

  • Kidazy said:  

    I would love to win a copy of this for my best friend, she is having a really hard time and needs to learn to write herself some permission slips once in a while!

    amysweepstake at yahoo.com

  • Kidazy said:  

    I follow you and tweeted! http://twitter.com/Kidazy/status/5548642269

    amysweepstake at yahoo.com

  • Kidazy said:  

    I follow your blog publicly (kidazy)

    Amysweepstake at yahoo.com

  • Kidazy said:  

    I blogged you! http://www.kidazy.com/contests/zippity-giveaway-and-more/

    amysweepstake at yahoo.com

  • cherdon said:  

    I'd love the chance to win this book. Please enter me. Thanks so much.

    cherdon@sympatico.ca

  • cherdon said:  

    Became a fan of Three Different Directions on Facebook

    username is cheryl hodgkins

    cherdon@sympatico.ca

  • cherdon said:  

    I follow you on twitter

    username is iamcherdon


    tweeted

    http://twitter.com/iamcherdon/status/5548856508


    cherdon@sympatico.ca

  • cherdon said:  

    I follow your blog publicly

    cherdon@sympatico.ca

  • cherdon said:  

    I Subscribe to your feed via google reader

    cherdon@sympatico.ca

  • Belinda M said:  

    tweeted

    http://twitter.com/Prairiebelle/status/5563152685

    Canadian Contests, Freebies, Coupons, Deals, Games and Chat - join us at http://forum.coolcanucks.ca/


    bluebelle0367(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • Mary said:  

    I love watching Sherri on The View and would love to read her book.

    mamie316(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

  • Miranda Ward said:  

    This looks like a great book

  • rlgrady said:  

    I need this bad! I put my foot in my mouth on a regular basis.

    rlgrady[at]yahoo[dot]com

  • Sand said:  

    This sounds like a good book.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would love to win this book.

  • Charlene Kuser said:  

    I would love to win this book,it sounds inspirational

    CharlieGurl57@aol.com

  • Charlene Kuser said:  

    Fan of Three Different Directions on Facebook
    (Charlene Kuser)

    CharlieGurl57@aol.com

  • /\Heather/\ said:  

    I have this affliction where I say too many things that can be taken a variety of ways. People usually take it the worst way possible...and I end up embarrassed. I'd love to read this.

  • Charlene Kuser said:  

    Follow and Tweet:Swtlilchick
    http://twitter.com/Swtlilchick/status/5581701043

    CharlieGurl57@aol.com

  • Charlene Kuser said:  

    Following your blog (Charlene)

    CharlieGurl57@aol.com

  • Charlene Kuser said:  

    Subscribe via email

    CharlieGurl57@aol.com

  • Leave your response!