, , ,

Tunza Cards Review & Giveaway!

Monday, August 31, 2009 Leave a Comment

Use Tunza Cards Tunza ways for Tunza things Tunza Times.

When preparing homeschool lessons, I often use index cards. We use them for study helps, research, recipes, how-to's, just to name a few ways.

So when I was approached to review Tunza Cards re-usable index cards, I was curious to learn about them.


I received some Tunza Cards to sample. They come 25 cards to a pack and are white with a glossy finish.

Oh yes I said they're re-usable. With permanent markers. Like Sharpies.

Let me tell you. They are fantastic!


I tried them out using 2 different colored Sharpies. A navy blue one and a silver one . I made a simple math flash card out of it. After writing my "5 x 5 = ?" on the card (which was smooth and perfect to write on), I waited the 20 seconds suggested and rubbed it with my fingers. It didn't smudge, not a bit. No smears at all!


And as I love all things re-usable (because I'm thrifty like that) I proceeded to get my rubbing alcohol to wipe it off. DOH! Wouldn't you know I have no rubbing alcohol in my home. Since I am as impatient as I am thrifty, I could not wait to go out to get some to finish this review, I needed to see if these cards really came clean. NOW. I figured if I experimented with one card and failed I could at least tell you what NOT to use on them.


I proceeded to search on the internet on how to get Sharpie stains removed and besides rubbing alcohol, acetone was mentioned. Oh yeah. I had some nail polish remover in my bathroom (which in itself is quite funny because I don't wear nail polish!). In any case a quick pump on a couple of sheets of toilet paper, a swipe across my Tunza Card and voila, as good as new, clean to write something else on it. Tunza Cards instructions do suggest rubbing alcohol but in a pinch...

Tunza Cards were created by a mother of three, is family owned and operated and they are made in the USA. They are very durable and you will be able to get lots of uses from them and for $5.99 for a package of 25, they're a deal too.

I highly recommend these index cards to anyone who uses them on a regular basis, as well as for families that need to make flash cards or how to's for their kids.

For more information about Tunza Cards check InventHelpStore.com out.

You have a chance to win a pack of 25 Tunza Cards. How neat is that?

To enter visit InventHelpStore and comment with how you would use your Tunza Cards if you won.

For extra entries you can: (the item above must be done first before extra entries can be submitted, please leave a separate comment for each you are eligible for)

1. Follow me on twitter and tweet this giveway (this can be once per day, please leave the direct link to your tweet in the comments).
2. Follow my blog publicly.
3. Subscribe to my feed via e-mail or reader.
4. Blog about this giveaway linking back to my blog.
5. Add my button to your blog.

This giveaway will end on September 13, 2009 at 11:59 pm cst and open to U.S. & Canadian Residents ages 18+. The winner will be chosen by random.org and will be e-mailed. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to the e-mail or an alternate winner will be chosen. By entering this giveaway you are stating that you have read my **About Reviews statement at the bottom of this page and my Privacy/Rules declaration and agree to them.

57 comments »

  • annies home said:  

    sounds like a great item to use in my sunday school room
    shopannies@Yahoo.com

  • annies home said:  

    following on twitter and tweeted http://twitter.com/shopannies/status/3669291218

    shopannies@Yahoo.com

  • TZel said:  

    I think that I would use these for math too, or maybe as state fact cards. Great idea and review!

  • TZel said:  

    I am a follower as bridgestranslation

  • Anonymous said:  

    My son who is starting the eighth grade would get a lot of mileage out of these cards. It would definitely save some money in both the short and long term.

    dunmees@aol.com

  • mverno said:  

    to teach my children mverno@roadrunner.com

  • Amber said:  

    I would use these to help me study for college exams - especially new vocabulary in Spanish!
    Thank you for the giveaway :)
    hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Amber said:  

    I follow your blog!
    Thank you for the giveaway :)
    hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Lim said:  

    I'd use them at work to help keep track of the most recent changes and reminders in general.

  • itsme said:  

    i'd use them to assign chores to my children..they could draw out a card and then have to complete that chore

  • itsme said:  

    following blog publicly

  • K. Rock said:  

    I would use them for my daughter to practice her letters on.

  • K. Rock said:  

    I subscribe in a reader

  • darlanpaulsmamma said:  

    i would use them to help my daughter with her vocabulary words and math
    melissa.barnes76 at yahoo dot com

  • darlanpaulsmamma said:  

    blog tweeted http://twitter.com/lovinmykiddos/status/3710138665
    melissa.barnes76 at yahoo dot com

  • Toystory said:  

    I think I would try them in our warehouse to label items on the shelves... esp. those items that are more "unusual" which we always seem to have for a time, from time to time.

  • AB Smith said:  

    what a great idea! did know these existed!

    This would be great for math flash cards for my son - so hard to find what we need!

    thanks for sponsoring this.

    2kidsblogger(at)gmail(dot)com

  • AB Smith said:  

    follow and tweeted

    http://twitter.com/2kidsblogger/status/3820937730

  • AB Smith said:  

    2kidsblogger@xxx.com is subscribed to the mailing list of Three Different Directions

  • Metal Momma said:  

    i would use them to leave notes around the house

  • Sarah said:  

    we would use them for bible verses and math flash cards!

  • Sarah said:  

    i tweeted! http://twitter.com/sadiekate08/status/3857876887

  • Kimberly said:  

    I would use these in school to write down procedures on. I only need one at a time, and I think this would be easier than having disposable cards made that I lose all the time. I like the idea of just writing it out when I need it and being able to reuse the same card.

  • Admin said:  

    I would use these for notes to my family. We always leave notes for each other...like a honey do list.

  • Admin said:  

    I am following your blog on Google connect.
    dmjitems (at) gmail (dot) com

  • Admin said:  

    I am subscribed to your feed via email.
    dmjitems (at) gmail (dot) com

  • D Q said:  

    I would use them as daily note reminders.

  • Mom Union said:  

    I'll use these note cards to help my daughter study.
    dontaskme22(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Mom Union said:  

    following on twitter: momunion
    tweet: http://twitter.com/momunion/status/3944952337
    dontaskme22(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Mom Union said:  

    following via google friends: heathergf
    dontaskme22(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Mom Union said:  

    email newsletter subscriber: dontaskme22(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Mom Union said:  

    Blogged with required link:
    http://iblameitonthecat.blogspot.com/2009/09/exp-913-three-different-directions.html

    dontaskme22(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Ilissa said:  

    I would use them for studying (I'm in university)

  • cman said:  

    For my kids to study multiplication :)

  • Susan said:  

    I would use these to write notes on for my kids , husband or myself.

    ryanw@mts.net

  • Candie L said:  

    I would use them for my to do list. THank you

    candieluster(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Candie L said:  

    I am following your blog. THank you

    candieluster(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Candie L said:  

    I am an email subscriber. Thanks

    candieluster(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would use them to take notes by the phone.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I subscribe.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I follow on Twitter and tweeted
    http://twitter.com/jdaniel4smom/status/3959143325

    dreaob at aol dot com

  • Tammy said:  

    These would help me as I study for my CMA

  • cherdon said:  

    Gosh, there are so many uses for these cards but one thing I would use them for is helping my granddaughter with the Alphabet.

    Wonderful giveaway...thanks

    cherdon@sympatico.ca

  • cherdon said:  

    I follow you on twitter

    ID - iamcherdon


    tweet

    http://twitter.com/iamcherdon/status/3969460113

    cherdon@sympatico.ca

  • cherdon said:  

    I follow your blog publicly

    cherdon@sympatico.ca

  • cherdon said:  

    Subscriber to your feed via e-mail and google reader

    cherdon@sympatico.ca

  • /\Heather/\ said:  

    This would be great for my daughter to use while learning her lines for her acting jobs. Thanks!

  • /\Heather/\ said:  

    I follow and tweeted: http://twitter.com/choochoo428/status/3973065122

  • tina reynolds said:  

    i would use them when teaching my kids thanks for the chance to win eaglesforjack@gmail.com

  • tina reynolds said:  

    i follow thanks for the chance to win eaglesforjack@gmail.com

  • tina reynolds said:  

    i subscribe thanks for the chance to win eaglesforjack@gmail.com

  • masonsgranny59 said:  

    i would use them to leave notes around the house

  • Leave your response!