Though Waters Roar ♦ Book Giveaway and Review
Saturday, December 26, 2009
Leave a Comment
Though Waters Roar - Lynn Austin
I was first introduced to Lynn Austin's books from a cousin of mine, who became friends with Lynn when the Austin family was living in Manitoba. I read the book with no expectations, simply doing so because my cousin had mentioned it. Well I quickly realized the friendship factor aside, why my cousin so loved her books, and I became equally enamored with Lynn's writing.
In Though Waters Roar, you will hear of the tale involving three generations of females. Each one swimming against the current in their own way in their circumstances. Through the reminiscing of Harriet as she spends a night in jail after being arrested during Prohibition, we follow the lives of her grandmother Bebe and mother Lucy.
Bebe moves from farm life to high society with her marriage. Day by day struggling to stay afloat in their new surrounding she finds her niche in helping the less fortunate much to the chagrin of her hoity toity mother-in-law.
Lynn Austin weaves a compelling historical story, focusing on change and the never changing God. While the circumstances in life may bend like a river and "though waters roar" only true change of attitude and contentment can be found with Him.
Bethany House Publishers provided me with a complimentary copy of Though Waters Roar to read and review.
I am giving away the copy I was sent to review.
To enter simply leave a comment if you're interested.
For extra entries you can (the above must be done first to be eligible for extra entries):
* Tweet this giveaway (leave a link to your tweet in the comments) - This can be done daily!
Open to US Residents ages 18+, ends January 10, 2010 at 11:59 pm cst. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. Email must be in comment or available in profile. By entering this giveaway you are stating that you have read my **About Reviews and my Privacy/Rules statements and agree to them.
I was first introduced to Lynn Austin's books from a cousin of mine, who became friends with Lynn when the Austin family was living in Manitoba. I read the book with no expectations, simply doing so because my cousin had mentioned it. Well I quickly realized the friendship factor aside, why my cousin so loved her books, and I became equally enamored with Lynn's writing.
In Though Waters Roar, you will hear of the tale involving three generations of females. Each one swimming against the current in their own way in their circumstances. Through the reminiscing of Harriet as she spends a night in jail after being arrested during Prohibition, we follow the lives of her grandmother Bebe and mother Lucy.
Bebe moves from farm life to high society with her marriage. Day by day struggling to stay afloat in their new surrounding she finds her niche in helping the less fortunate much to the chagrin of her hoity toity mother-in-law.
Lynn Austin weaves a compelling historical story, focusing on change and the never changing God. While the circumstances in life may bend like a river and "though waters roar" only true change of attitude and contentment can be found with Him.
Bethany House Publishers provided me with a complimentary copy of Though Waters Roar to read and review.
I am giving away the copy I was sent to review.
To enter simply leave a comment if you're interested.
For extra entries you can (the above must be done first to be eligible for extra entries):
* Tweet this giveaway (leave a link to your tweet in the comments) - This can be done daily!
Open to US Residents ages 18+, ends January 10, 2010 at 11:59 pm cst. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. Email must be in comment or available in profile. By entering this giveaway you are stating that you have read my **About Reviews and my Privacy/Rules statements and agree to them.




























Thanks! I've been reading like crazy lately and this sounds interesting!
doot65[at]comcast{dot}net
I'd love to add this to my 2010 reading list.
janessalynntaylor (at) gmail (dot) com
Sounds interesting!!
Oh this sounds amazing! I would love to win, reading is my favorite hobby!
justpeachy36@yahoo.com
Love to read this one... Enter me in the giveaway.
I would love to read this. It sounds intriguing.
This book sounds great and I'm VERY interested in reading it!
katieandbobby10@yahoo.com
tweet
http://twitter.com/ktfereva22/status/7092492176
katieandbobby10@yahoo.com
I love to read and this sounds really neat. jacksond@nhr3.net
I subscribe by email. jacksond@nhr3.net
I like to read about stong women--so I think I would like this.
farrell@crosslake.net
Thanks. The book sounds great, and I'd love to read it.
bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com
This sounds like a good book!
Thanks for the chance, enter me in :)
melis4745@yahoo.com
I'm interested--thank you
email subscriber
I would love to read this book!! Please enter me. Thanks!!
esterried[at]yahoo[dot]com
This sounds like a nice story...I'd love to read it! Thanks for the review and giveaway!
I am interested to read this book
mandalarctic@gmail.com
this sounds wonderful thanks minsthins at optonline dot net
Sounds like a great book! Thanks for the chance to win!
mannasweeps (at)))) gmaildotcom
I would love to win! I love reading history books, fiction or otherwise! :)
krtrumpet [at] aol [dot] com
I love these types of stories that point out that despite who we are, what we do, or what circumstances we have throughout our lives, God is not the one changing - He's our Rock!
This looks like a great book! Thanks for the chance to win.
This sounds wonderful. I would love to read it.
misusedinnocence@aol.com
I am TOTALLY interested! This book sounds wonderful. Thank you for the chance to win it. bekki1820cb at gmail