, , , , , , , ,

FIRST Wild Card Tour: The Christmas Kitchen

Thursday, December 3, 2009 Leave a Comment

It is time for a FIRST Wild Card Tour book review! We are a group of reviewers who tour Christian books. A Wild Card post includes a brief bio of the author and a full chapter from each book toured. The reason it is called a FIRST Wild Card Tour is that you never know if the book will be fiction, non~fiction, for young, or for old...or for somewhere in between! Enjoy your free peek into the book!

You never know when I might play a wild card on you!


Today's Wild Card author is:


and the book:

Howard Books (October 6, 2009)
***Special thanks to Jennifer Willingham of Simon and Schuster for sending me a review copy.***

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:


Tammy Maltby is a writer, speaker, and media personality. For eight years, she was the co-host of the Emmy Award-winning television talk show, Aspiring Women. She serves on the board of the National Women’s Ministry Association, Christian Women in Media and Arts, and Women of Courage International. She and her family live in Colorado Springs, CO.


Visit the author's website.

Product Details:

List Price: $14.99
Hardcover: 132 pages
Publisher: Howard Books (October 6, 2009)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1416587659
ISBN-13: 978-1416587651

AND NOW...THE FIRST CHAPTER:


Press this picture to browse inside the entire book:





My Review:  Really the above is true!  I had so much fun when I first received this book, and I'm sure my family is greatful (and they're stuffed!) for all the new recipes that were brought into our home! 

I made the Cider that is in the preview chapter, as well as the gingerbread and the snack mix.  There is also a hot cocoa mix to make that would be great for gifting.

If you enjoy collecting Christmas books, this would be a super one to add to your collection.
CymLowell

2 comments »

  • Eve @ Letters to breathe said:  

    that looks so nice- def adding it to my wish list!

  • Jennifer Pellicone said:  

    I love taking peeks inside books. And Christian ones are hard to do that with. Thanks

  • Leave your response!