, ,

Sweet It's a Tropical Traditions Raw Honey Giveaway!

Saturday, October 3, 2009 Leave a Comment

Ask and you shall receive!  Literally!

When Tropical Traditions sponsored the Virgin Coconut Oil giveaway on my blog last month, I asked you all to visit their site and tell me another product you'd be interested in trying.  I had a good majority of you all tell me you'd be interested in the Raw Honey.  In light of that, I announce...
Tropical Traditions Raw Honey Giveaway!

Okay here's the deal, our family, kind of are honey experts.  I say that with just a tad of a smirk on my face, but really it's sort of true.

My grandpa kept bees, and we had their honey all the time.  Oh yum, nothing like breakfast toast with honey you watched being made, somehow that makes it all the sweeter.

The other thing that makes us honey aficionados is the fact that we lived in Canada.  "What" you are thinking, "does that have to do with anything?".  Let me explain.  I have for the life of me, never seen creamed honey here in the U.S.  Okay now it might exist, but not at my local grocery stores, and we've looked for it online but have only been able to find it in flavors, never just plain creamed honey.  We actually tried "spun" honey once, but after opening the container found it wasn't the same thing.

Truly there is something just different about creamed honey that you don't get out of the "bear bottle" kind (you know that messy, liquid stuff).  If you don't believe me, then you've never tried it, every single soul who eats honey in our home always asks us where we get it from.

Seeing as honey is an integral part of our morning breakfast routine on Fridays, and it is important to have the very best, we have up to this point "imported" (meaning picked up when we visit, and make family bring it down to us in order for them to secure lodging when visiting us) all of our honey from Canada.


Notice I said "up to this point".  Finally, finally I say, we have found a contender!  Tropical Traditions Raw Honey.  Umm oh yeah did I mention...it's certafied organic raw honey from Canada?  lol!

In any case the taste tester Hubby, was to be the ultimate decision maker in whether Tropical Traditions Raw Honey could compete with and maybe just maybe surpass the Bee Maid brand we currently haul over the border every six months.  The taste and texture test proved to be successful and Hubby declared it worthy of ordering and having a place in our cupboards.  That my readers is an endorsement like no other.

Tropical Traditions Raw Honey isn't creamed like the one we currently used, it is a little more solid (creamed honey is not a liquid, but easily spreadable right out of the container).  I did not have any problems scooping the Raw Honey out of the jar with a spoon, and it spread wonderfully with the little heat emanating from my toast.

The reason it is harder than creamed honey, and obviously than liquid honey is that the honey crystallizes when it is raw, and then turns harder.

The Raw Honey comes in a 17.6oz glass jar or in larger tubs and pails, the honey costs $17.50 for the jar. If you can't wait and see if you win the giveaway and really want to try this, if you order and enter my referral code 5414915, you can receive a free copy of the book Virgin Coconut Oil, How it has changed people’s lives and how it can change yours! by Brian & Marianita Jader Shilhav.  Even better Tropical Traditions provides excellent customer service and you can reach them here with any questions.

To see more about how Tropical Traditions Raw Honey is harvested and how it can claim the USDA Organic Seal, please visit their site.  The information is truly valuable and I can't do it any better justice than how they explain it.

And now on to the giveaway.  One reader will receive a 17.6 oz jar of Tropical Traditions Raw Honey.  Please make your way over to Tropical Traditions site and let me know of another product (other than the honey), that you would be interested in trying.

For extra entries (the above must be done first) you can:

1. Subscribe to the Tropical Traditions Newsletter.
2. Follow me on twitter & TropicalTraditions and tweet this giveaway (this can be once per day, please leave the direct link to your tweet in the comments).You can tweet "@threedifferent @TropTraditions Sweet! It's a Tropical Traditions Raw Honey Giveaway! Nothing Like Breakfast with Honey! http://bit.ly/eB9K9"
3. Follow my blog publicly.
4. Subscribe to my feed via e-mail or reader.
5. Blog about this giveaway linking back to my blog.
6. Add my button to your blog.

This giveaway will end on October 17, 2009 at 11:59 pm cst and open to U.S. Residents ages 18+. The winner will be chosen by random.org and will be e-mailed. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to the e-mail or an alternate winner will be chosen. By entering this giveaway you are stating that you have read my **About Reviews and Privacy/Rules declaration and agree to them.

208 comments »

«Oldest   ‹Older   1 – 200 of 208   Newer›   Newest»
  • Aileen said:  

    Rather than putting the coconut oil in our mouth how about using it on our skin. I would be interested in trying the Citrus Moisturizing Lotion.

    arobymom@gmail.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    Tea Tree Organic Liquid Soaps

  • Liz D said:  

    Since flu season is coming up I'd like to try the Benefect disinfectant

  • Liz D said:  

    Subscribed to the TT newsletter

  • Liz D said:  

    http://twitter.com/abbyalex/status/4581921777

  • slb3334 said:  

    gold label virgin coconut oil.

  • mensa63 said:  

    Subscribed to newsletter.
    When I was growing up every Saturday we would drive out to this farmer's place and get butter and eggs (this was during WWII and this was how we circumvented some of the rationing limitations)and one thing my grandmother always got was a big jar of his honey from his own hives, nothing done to it that the bees did not do and it was so good. We would eat it just spread on bread and drizzle it on everything from waffles to ice cream and grandmother made the best baked beans with this honey. Would love to try this raw honey again. Have no babies in home so would be safe for us.

  • Peggy said:  

    I would love to try the Raw Coconut Water Vinegar,sounds awesome and different!!
    Thanks
    matternu@aol.com

  • Peggy said:  

    Subscribe to the Tropical Traditions Newsletter.
    matternu@aol.com

  • Peggy said:  

    tweet
    http://twitter.com/velvet1116/status/4584333299
    matternu@aol.com

  • Peggy said:  

    Follow blog publicly.
    matternu@aol.com

  • Peggy said:  

    Subscribe to feed via e-mail & reader.

    matternu@aol.com

  • Peggy said:  

    Add button to my blog.
    www.pegsplay.blogspot.com
    matternu@aol.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'd like to try the Virgin Coconut Oil.

    bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I subscribe to the Tropical Traditions Newsletter.

    bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I subscribe to your blog via email.

    bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • JMom said:  

    I really would like to try the Tropical Traditions skin care products especially the moisturizing creams

    jmomblogs@gmail.com

  • JMom said:  

    I am subscribed to the Tropical Traditions newsletter


    jmomblog@gmail.com

  • JMom said:  

    I follow you on Twitter and tweeted:

    http://twitter.com/JMom/status/4585130431

    jmomblogs@gmail.com

  • mrsshukra said:  

    I would like to try TT's Organic Liquid Soap!

    delilah0180(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • mrsshukra said:  

    Google reader subscriber!

    delilah0180(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • JMom said:  

    I follow on Google


    jmomblogs@gmail.com

  • mrsshukra said:  

    Follower!

    delilah0180(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • JMom said:  

    I subscribe via email

    jmomblogs@gmail.com

  • Unknown said:  

    I'm a big fan of tea tree oil so I would love to try the Tea Tree Organic Liquid Soaps

  • Mari said:  

    I'd also like the Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil!

    runningmatey at hotmail dot com

  • Mari said:  

    follow

    runningmatey at hotmail dot com

  • Mari said:  

    subscribe

    runningmatey at hotmail dot com

  • Mari said:  

    tweet
    http://twitter.com/LuckyDuckyToo/status/4586471210

    runningmatey at hotmail dot com

  • Miss Rachel said:  

    I would like to try the coconut vinegar water.

  • Miss Rachel said:  

    I am an email subscriber for their newsletter.

  • Miss Rachel said:  

    I follow you on twitter.

  • Miss Rachel said:  

    I follow TT on twitter.

  • Miss Rachel said:  

    I tweeted - http://twitter.com/ACityOnAHill/status/4587095396

  • Miss Rachel said:  

    I am following your blog.

  • Miss Rachel said:  

    I blogged - http://dixonhomestead.com/rachel/?page_id=73

  • Miss Rachel said:  

    I put your button on my site - http://dixonhomestead.com/rachel/?page_id=71

  • Noggy said:  

    With all the concern about the H1N1 flu this season I would be interested in the Benefect® Botanical Disinfectant. I'm always looking for natural disinfectants for my home since I have children, small dogs and allergies to contend with on a day-to-day basis.

  • Noggy said:  

    Subscribed to the Tropical Traditions Newsletter.

    noggysnotes[at]yahoo[dot]com

  • Noggy said:  

    I am a follower of the Three Different Directions blog.

    noggysnotes[at]yahoo[dot]com

  • Noggy said:  

    Subscribed to the Three Different Directions feed via e-mail.

    noggysnotes[at]yahoo[dot]com

  • Anonymous said:  

    As a food Historian, I must admit I'm intrigued by the Unrefined Seseme oil- or the Extra Virgin olive oil. writer61@yahoo.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    Wild low-mercury tuna.

    dangotmail AT yahoo DOT com

  • itsme said:  

    i think the liquid (foaming) soaps look good...in any scent

  • itsme said:  

    signed up for newsletter

  • mverno said:  

    all purpose cleaner mverno@roadrunner.com

  • kamewh said:  

    I would love to try the Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil!

  • Jeni said:  

    I would like to try the coconut flour and the tea tree soap

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/4591645689 tweet

  • itsme said:  

    have your button http://clarissaneiding.blogspot.com/2009/10/another-stroller.html

  • Michelle said:  

    I would love to try the Organic Vanilla Cranberry
    Peanut Butter it sounds yummy...

  • Michelle said:  

    I Subscribed to the Tropical Traditions Newsletter...

  • Michelle said:  

    I am Following your blog...

  • Michelle said:  

    I have your button on my blog...

    http://shellbell574.blogspot.com

  • Michelle said:  

    Tweet!!!

    http://twitter.com/shellbell574/statuses/4591868944

  • Stephanie said:  

    Rapunzel Organic Swiss Chocolate looks tasty too
    tvollowitz at aol dot com

  • Amber said:  

    I think I would also like to try the Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil!
    Thank you for the giveaway :)
    hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    Tea Tree Oil Liquid Soaps!
    panicxduh@yahoo.com

  • Kristi Price said:  

    Lately I have been craving healthy foods like yogurt, honey, nuts, etc. so this giveaway definately caught my eye. I was watching Globetrekker (favorite show) last night and the place they were showing was Greece and everyone was eating yogurt and honey there and it looked so good. I am not even sure what "raw" honey is but I bet it's good..your husband said so and he is the expert! ;-) Ok, I am writing a book here..lol..sorry. Another product that looks good is Rapunzel Organic Swiss Chocolate. Thanks for the giveaway!

  • Kristi Price said:  

    subscribe by google reader

  • Kristi Price said:  

    follow on twitter - jessilynne

  • Kristi Price said:  

    tweet -

    http://twitter.com/jessilynne/status/4594358625

  • Kristi Price said:  

    following Tropical Traditions

  • Vanessa M. said:  

    I'd like to try the Organic Dark Chocolate!

    Thank-you

    vkmayer@yahoo.com

  • Wendy said:  

    I would like to try Rapunzel Organic Swiss Chocolate
    bear101 at hotmail dot com

  • sweepmom said:  

    I would like to try the shampoo bar.

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/4616969210 daily tweet

  • Janette said:  

    I'd like to try their organic brow rice syrup!

  • Janette said:  

    subscribed to their newsletter

  • Janette said:  

    tweet http://twitter.com/jsoldham/status/4621207136

  • clc408 said:  

    I would enjoy any of the Organic Nut Butters. Thanks!

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/4639414101 daily tweet

  • cstironkat said:  

    I would like to try the Organic Unrefined Sesame Oil.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would also like to try the virgin coconut oil

  • lwoods297 said:  

    I would like to try the Organic Pizza sauce.
    lwoods297@centurytel.net

  • SuperAngel said:  

    I would so love their Citrus Lotion!
    Amanda
    The Daily Planet
    iamsuperangel@yahoo.com

  • SuperAngel said:  

    I'm subscribed to their newsletter.
    Amanda
    The Daily Planet
    iamsuperangel@yahoo.com

  • SuperAngel said:  

    I follow you and TT and tweeted: http://twitter.com/Super_Angel/status/4648019128
    Amanda
    The Daily Planet
    iamsuperangel@yahoo.com

  • SuperAngel said:  

    I'm subscribed.
    Amanda
    The Daily Planet
    iamsuperangel@yahoo.com

  • Nancy said:  

    I would like to try their natural soaps.

  • Nancy said:  

    I subscribe to the Tropical Traditions Newsletter.

  • Ali said:  

    OH MMMM!!! I used to use creamed honey a lot when I was younger, but haven't seen it in the stores for a really long time - I'd love to try this!
    I'd also like to try the Eden Organic Pizza Sauce, I use trader joes and its good but I'd prefer using organic.

  • Kristi Price said:  

    daily tweet -
    http://twitter.com/jessilynne/status/4670952084

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/4673077363 daily tweet

  • llinda29 said:  

    I like Organic Liquid Soaps

  • K. Rock said:  

    I would try the coconut oil

  • Heidi V said:  

    I would love to try their Stuffed Green Olives with Almonds!

    Thanks
    heidivargas [at] live dot com

  • Heidi V said:  

    Tweeted - http://twitter.com/HeidiVargas/status/4689558216

    Thanks
    heidivargas [at] live dot com

  • Heidi V said:  

    Blogged about the giveaway @ http://theblackcell.com/blogs/index.php/tropical-traditions-raw-honey-giveaway-ends-10-17-2009/

    Thanks again!
    heidivargas [at] live dot com

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/4694050796 daily tweet

  • Renee said:  

    I'd like to try the Bug Arrest product on the battalion of gnats that have recently invaded our house.

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/4723393800 daily tweet

  • skytoucher said:  

    Raw Coconut Water Vinegar looks like something I would love to cook with. I've tried coconut vinegar, and I love it in Asian salad dressings and in sweet and sour.

  • Smooshy said:  

    i want to try the coconut flour!

  • Kristi Price said:  

    daily tweet -

    http://twitter.com/jessilynne/status/4762333741

  • lmurley2000 said:  

    i would love to try their moisturizing lotion
    lmurley2000@yahoocom

  • lmurley2000 said:  

    signed up for tropical traditions newsletter
    lmurley2000@yahoo.com

  • lmurley2000 said:  

    follow and tweeted

    http://twitter.com/lmurley2000/status/4766727531
    lmurley2000@yahoo.com

  • lmurley2000 said:  

    follow blog
    lmurley2000@yahoo.com

  • lmurley2000 said:  

    email subscriber
    lmurley2000@yahoo.com

  • Brooke said:  

    I would love to try a ton of their products but currently I would love to try any of the exfoliators... They have three scents (well two and one unscented) organic skin exfoliators that I would love to try

  • Angela said:  

    I would like to try their pumpkin seeds. I love pumpkin seeds!

  • Angela said:  

    I'm an email subscriber

  • joellen said:  

    Citrus moisturizing lotion sounds really good!
    mjcranford@bellsouth.net

  • Anonymous said:  

    daily tweet

    http://twitter.com/lmurley2000/status/4815965978
    lmurley2000@yahoo.com

  • Ken said:  

    I also like the Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil. Please accept my entry. Thank you.

  • Jessica said:  

    I would also like to try the laundry detergent or teeth cleaners!

  • Jessica said:  

    I added your button to my right sidebar under "buttons oh my!"

  • brokenteepee said:  

    The organic moisturizing cream
    thank you
    kaiminani@gmail.com

  • brokenteepee said:  

    I subscribe by email
    thank you
    kaiminani@gmail.com

  • brokenteepee said:  

    I subscribe in a google reader
    thank you
    kaiminani@gmail.com

  • lmurley2000 said:  

    daily tweet
    http://twitter.com/lmurley2000/status/4841095207
    lmurley2000@yahoo.com

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/4867142161 daily tweet

  • Mary A said:  

    I would also be interested in trying the Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil. Thanks for the giveaway.

  • Crystal Arcand said:  

    I'd like to try the organic shredded coconut.

  • heaventrees said:  

    I would like to try the Forbidden Rice. The Raw Honey sounds wonderful!

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/4894526212 daily tweet

  • Wehaf said:  

    I'd also like to try the Unscented
    Moisturizing Lotion with coconut oil.

    urchiken at gmail dot com

  • Michele said:  

    Thank you for the giveaway. I'd love to try this honey! I'd also love to try the laundry detergent and the hand soap.

  • Jennifer said:  

    I would like to try the Atchara
    jennifer@makemoneyworkonline.com

  • Jennifer said:  

    I am subscribed to TT newsletter
    jennifer@makemoneyworkonline.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    Would love to try the I'd like to try the Organic Dark Chocolate.JD

    SamneneD@aol.com

  • Renee G said:  

    I would love to try the coconut flour.
    rsgrandinetti(at)yahoo.com

  • Jeff said:  

    Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil

  • Amy said:  

    Their Chemical-free and aluminum-free deodorant roll-on.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'd like to try the Benefect disinfectant.
    erma.hurtt@sbcglobal.net

  • Andrea Kruse said:  

    I would love to try the organic moisturizing lotions... any of them! I bet they would be divine.

  • Andrea Kruse said:  

    Following you on Twitter & just tweeted!
    http://twitter.com/notimeMom/status/4915668231

    andrea.kruse at gmail dot com

  • Andrea Kruse said:  

    Signed up for the Tropical Tradition's newsletter
    andrea.kruse at gmail dot com

  • Andrea Kruse said:  

    Following your blog
    andrea.kruse at gmail dot com

  • Andrea Kruse said:  

    Your button is on my blog.
    http://adventuresinallthingsfood.blogspot.com/

  • ky2here said:  

    I'll try unrefined sesame oil. Sounds interesting.

  • ky2here said:  

    Following on twitter as ky2here, here's a tweet: http://twitter.com/ky2here/status/4916200648

  • Kimberly said:  

    I am very curious to try the coconut flour.

  • Kimberly said:  

    I subscribe to the tropical traditions newsletter.

  • ms mel said:  

    i would like to try their peanut butter, and thank you for the chance!

    ranmel(at)televar(dot)com

  • ms mel said:  

    i subscribe to the Tropical Traditions Newsletter!

    ranmel(at)televar(dot)com

  • arla said:  

    Subscribed to the Tropical Traditions Newsletter.

  • arla said:  

    Following blog publicly.

  • lmurley2000 said:  

    daily tweethttp://twitter.com/lmurley2000/status/4924025257
    lmurley2000@yahoo.com

  • csue said:  

    Organic extra Virgin Olive Oil.

  • csue said:  

    I sugscrivbe to the Tropical Traditions newsletter.

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/4926723201 tweet

  • Tinyblessing said:  

    the organic apple sauce
    lil.blessing(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'd like to try the Virgin Coconut Oil.

    droopydog63@hotmail.com

  • wantsandwishes said:  

    I would like to try the gold label virgin coconut oil

  • Aisling said:  

    I'm already using their coconut oil and would love to try their Organic Stone-Ground
    Unbleached Wheat Flour. (In addition to the honey, of course.)

  • Catharine said:  

    Definitely the Gold Label Coconut Oil!

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/4947053798 daily tweet

  • Candie L said:  

    I would like the bug arrest. Thank you

    candieluster(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Me said:  

    I would love to try some of the organic Spicy Dip Mixes!

  • mrsshukra said:  

    I like the organic liquid soap!

    delilah0180(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • mrsshukra said:  

    Google reader subscriber!

    delilah0180(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • mrsshukra said:  

    Follower!

    delilah0180(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • lmurley2000 said:  

    daily tweet

    http://twitter.com/lmurley2000/status/4954735693
    lmurley2000@yahoo.com

  • Pamela S said:  

    I've been dying to try the coconut oil and also think the organic fruit spreads look interesting. Thanks so much! pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net

  • Pamela S said:  

    I'm subscribed to the tropical traditions newsletter with this same email address. Thanks so much! pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net

  • Pamela S said:  

    I'm already a follower on GFC. Thanks so much! pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net

  • susansmoaks said:  

    i would like to try the Tea Tree Organic Liquid Soaps

  • Andrea Kruse said:  

    Daily Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/notimeMom/status/4954919990
    andrea.kruse at gmail dot com

  • Gloria's Bits and Pieces said:  

    I'd like to try the coconut oil.

    kngmckellar@hotmail.com

  • Gloria's Bits and Pieces said:  

    subscribe to Tropical Traditions.

    kngmckellar@hotmail.com

  • Gloria's Bits and Pieces said:  

    http://twitter.com/kngmckellar/status/4955728488

    follow both on twitter and tweeted
    kngmckellar@hotmail.com

  • Gloria's Bits and Pieces said:  

    follow your blog
    kngmckellar@hotmail.com

  • Gloria's Bits and Pieces said:  

    email subscriber
    kngmckellar@hotmail.com

  • Gloria's Bits and Pieces said:  

    http://kngmckellar-glorias.blogspot.com/2009/10/httpwwwthreedifferentdirectionscom20091.html

    blogged
    kngmckellar@hotmail.com

  • lace said:  

    I'd like to try their organic coconut flakes.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I want to try the Organic Sweet Molasses Peanut Butter.

    Allegro966(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Kathy P said:  

    id love to try the Powdered Laundry Detergent
    Environmentally Safe, Nontoxic Detergent

  • Kathy P said:  

    tt subscriber klp1965@myfairpoint.net

  • Kathy P said:  

    http://twitter.com/klp1965/status/4957540236

  • Kathy P said:  

    following your blog as klp1965 kathy pease

  • Nancy S. said:  

    I would like to try the shredded coconut.
    ncschools at yahoo dot com

  • Nancy S. said:  

    I follow your blog.
    ncschools at yahoo dot com

  • Nancy S. said:  

    I follow you on twitter and I tweeted.
    http://twitter.com/ncschools/status/4958104454
    ncschools at yahoo dot com

  • Nancy S. said:  

    I subscribe to the Tropical Traditions newsletter.
    ncschools at yahoo dot com

  • Nancy S. said:  

    I subscribe to your feed.
    ncschools at yahoo dot com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would love to try the All Purpose Cleaner. garrettsambo@aol.com

  • cman said:  

    The Organic Chocolate :)

  • Donna said:  

    I would like to try the Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil for Hair Treatment
    donna444444@yahoo.com

  • Donna said:  

    I signed up for their newsletter.
    donna444444@yahoo.com

  • Donna said:  

    subscriber
    donna444444@yahoo.com

  • Donna said:  

    follower
    donna444444@yahoo.com

  • Donna said:  

    Button on my blog.
    donna444444@yahoo.com

  • lilyk said:  

    I would like to try the Lavender Moisturizing Lotion.

  • /\Heather/\ said:  

    I'm looking at all their organic peanut butters, and I am intrigued! Organic Onion Parsley
    Peanut Butter! Organic Thai Ginger and Red Pepper
    Peanut Butter! Count me in!

  • lilyk said:  

    I subscribed to the Tropical Traditions newsletter.

  • «Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 208   Newer› Newest»

    Leave your response!