, ,

Softlips Lip Balm Giveaway

Wednesday, October 7, 2009 Leave a Comment

Living in the Northern Plains can be brutal on the skin, and that includes lips.  It can get very hot in summer and in the winter it gets cold and super windy.

Because of a medical condition I suffer from that is exacerbated by humidity, we try and keep our home as dry as we can tolerate.  So heat or cold, inside or out, our lips tend to be dry and thus they crack.

I recently was sent a number of different varieties of Softlips to try.  I have dozens of different lip balms in my home, most of them opened, a lot of them barely or only half used.

Personally I liked the Softlips Pure line that I was sent, specifically the Acai Berry variety.  The Pure line are 100% natural organic lip conditioners.  They contain a blend of organic oils, beeswax and Shea butter that moisturize and nourish your lips.

What I liked about them is that even though they contain beeswax they don't feel waxy on your lips.  It feels very light and natural when you put it on.  As a matter of fact I found myself smacking my lips (or trying to anyway, lips don't smack well when they protected with lip balm) to see if it was still on, because I couldn't feel it.

I gave the Chai variety to my lip balm and chai loving friend, and she thought it was great as well.  I think I made her into a Softlips Pure Chai junkie.  Other Pure flavors include Peppermint, Pomegranate, Papaya and Honeydew.

The other reason I like Softlips is because their scents and flavors are understated.  You can distinguish the various kinds from each other, but they aren't heavy or overpowering.

Softlips often comes out with limited edition versions of their lip balms and this holiday season they have some fun choices.  Sugar & Spice, Vanilla, Winter Mint, Cherry, Sugar Cookie and Sugar Plum Berry.

All of those varieties have SPF 20 lip protectant/sunscreen.  Which makes them great for daily use whether you're skiing in the mountains, snowshoeing in the plains or swimming in the tropics.

Softlips Pure or Limited Edition packs make great stocking stuffers or thank you gifts, at an average price of $3.69 (sometimes you can even get the value packs for that!), it's affordable and the recipients lips will be just as thankful as the words that come out of them.

I have a set of some of the Softlips Limited Edition Winter Flavors to give to one reader here on my blog. (May not be exactly as pictured) 


To enter leave a comment letting me know which flavor would be your favorite.

For extra entries you can (please leave a new comment for each additional entry):


1. Follow Me on twitter and tweet this giveaway (this can be done daily!)
2. Become a fan of Softlips on Facebook
3. Become a fan of Three Different Directions on Facebook
4. Subscribe to my feed via reader or email
5. Follow my blog publicly
6. Add my button to your blog
7. Post about this giveaway on your blog and link back to it

This giveaway will end on October 21, 2009 at 11:59 pm cst and is open to U.S. Residents ages 13+. The winner will be chosen by random.org and will be e-mailed. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to the e-mail or an alternate winner will be chosen. By entering this giveaway you are stating that you have read my **About Reviews and my Privacy/Rules statements and agree to them.


I received a variety of complimentary Softlip Lip Balms for the purpose of this review.

241 comments »

«Oldest   ‹Older   1 – 200 of 241   Newer›   Newest»
  • tawndam said:  

    wintermint would be yummy!

  • karenmed409 said:  

    following blog publicly

  • karenmed409 said:  

    tweet http://twitter.com/karenmed409/status/4683485723

  • karenmed409 said:  

    Three Different Directions on Facebook Fan

  • K. Rock said:  

    I would like the vanilla.

  • K. Rock said:  

    I get your feed in a reader

  • Charlene Canfield said:  

    I think I would like the winter mint.
    cjcmommy@gmail.com

  • Charlene Canfield said:  

    I get your emails.
    cjcmommy@gmail.com

  • Charlene Canfield said:  

    following you on tweeter.
    cjcmommy@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/cjcmommy

  • Charlene Canfield said:  

    I follow your blog.
    http://cjcmommy.blogspot.com/
    cjcmommy@gmail.com

  • Lynne said:  

    I would like the winter mint.

  • mom2boys said:  

    I love the Cherry flavor! Thanks

    hottmomma_03(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Rita M said:  

    I'd go for the Sugar Plum Berry.

  • Anonymous said:  

    Love the Raspberry and Vanilla
    - use them all the time and have been for years -would love to try any new flavor
    Joanne @ HB5573@Aol.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    i like the chocolate covered banana flavor
    lmurley2000@yahoo.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    follow and tweeted

    http://twitter.com/lmurley2000/status/4688773621
    lmurley2000@yahoo.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    fan of softlips on FB-lmurley2000
    lmurley2000@yahoo.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    fan of 3 different directions on FB-lmurley2000
    lmurley2000@yahoo.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    email subscriber
    lmurley2000@yahoo.com

  • Meredith said:  

    Sugar Cookie sounds delish! Thanks for the chance!
    meredith.hellen@gmail.com

  • Meredith said:  

    Fan of SoftLips on Facebook (Merri)!
    meredith.hellen@gmail.com

  • Meredith said:  

    Following your blog! (Meredith Hellen)
    meredith.hellen@gmail.com

  • Aileen said:  

    Subscribe by email

    arobimom(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Aileen said:  

    I think honeydew would be my favorite.

    arobimom(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Diane said:  

    Id love to try the sugar cookies

  • Diane said:  

    http://twitter.com/dwalline/statuses/4691260348

  • peg42 said:  

    The Sugar Cookie sounds really great. Thanks so much.

  • Theresa said:  

    I'd like to try Winter Mint.

  • Kia89 said:  

    I would like to try the vanilla.
    austma7@aol.com

  • Leslie said:  

    I think chai would be my favorite.

  • Amber said:  

    Sugar Plum Berry would be my favorite flavor!
    Thank you for the giveaway :)
    hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Amber said:  

    I follow your blog with google friend connect!
    Thank you for the giveaway :)
    hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com

  • coliebear said:  

    I would like to try sugar cookie.

  • pamcallahan said:  

    Winter Mint!

    pamela.callahan@sbcglobal.net

  • Unknown said:  

    Winter Mint would be my favorite.
    Thanks for the chance to win!
    proudyaya04 {at} yahoo {dot} com

  • Unknown said:  

    I'm an email subscriber!
    proudyaya04 {at} yahoo {dot} com

  • April said:  

    I want to try Sugar Cookie.

    teenytig@sbcglobal.net

  • Elkaye said:  

    I really like to try the Acai Berry.


    elkaye[at]gmail[dot]com

  • Elkaye said:  

    TWitter follower & tweet: http://twitter.com/Elkaye/status/4708334840


    elkaye[at]gmail[dot]com

  • Elkaye said:  

    RSS feed subscriber.


    elkaye[at]gmail[dot]com

  • buzzd said:  

    Sugar plum berry sounds great

  • Kei said:  

    I follow you on twitter

    dpc0ntest at yahoo.com

  • Kei said:  

    Just wanted to let you know that I added your contest to doubleprizes.com and hopefully more people find your blog.

    http://doubleprizes.com/contests/403

    dpc0ntest at yahoo.com

  • Kei said:  

    I follow your blog.

    dpc0ntest at yahoo.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    Sugar Plum Berry. Thanks.
    emmy5905@embarqmail.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    sugar cookie

    dirtyprettylibertine at hotmail dot com

  • mogrill said:  

    Sugar Cookie sounds good. Thanks for the chance.
    mogrill@comcast.net

  • Sharon Harmon said:  

    The Sugar Cookie Softlips would be my favorite! I LOVE sugar cookies!
    Happy Fall!
    txgigggles@yahoo.com

  • jlmk said:  

    I'd like to try honeydew. Not sure if it'd be my favorite, but it has me intrigued.

  • Kelly said:  

    I'm excited to try the Winter Mint. I have a tube of Softlips everywhere... my car, purse, desk, bedside table... the new flavors sound great!

    krtrumpet [at] aol [dot] com

  • lmurley2000 said:  

    daily tweet

    http://twitter.com/lmurley2000/status/4728168183
    lmurley2000@yahoo.com

  • Laurie said:  

    I'd love to try the sugar plum berry & pomegranate set. I love softlips products, they're great!
    lauriemac982 at aol dot com

  • Laurie said:  

    I follow your blog.
    lauriemac982 at aol dot com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I am interested in the Pure Pomegranate.

    Phuckiphino@hotmail.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    Fan on Facebook

    Phuckiphino@hotmail.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would love the vanilla

    samsakara@twcny.rr.com

  • clc408 said:  

    I think I would like the Wintermint.

  • Nicole C. said:  

    My favorite would be Sugar & Spice!

    choateorama(at)gmail(dot)com

  • vboackle said:  

    the vanilla would be a favorite.

  • lmurley2000 said:  

    daily tweet

    http://twitter.com/lmurley2000/status/4742535255
    lmurley2000@yahoo.com

  • Jill Myrick (jsc123) said:  

    I would most love to try the Sugar Cookie Flavor.
    Thank you so much for the chance tow in.

  • Jill Myrick (jsc123) said:  

    I am a fan of Softlips on Facebook.

  • Angela said:  

    Oooh, the WinterMint sounds nice! :) Although Sugar Cookie was close.

  • Angela said:  

    I'm an email subscriber.

  • ohstac said:  

    I'd like to try the vanilla.

  • ohstac said:  

    I follow and tweeted
    http://twitter.com/ohstac/statuses/4749172437

  • julis55 said:  

    I would like the vanilla

  • Nancy said:  

    My favorite would be the raspberry.

  • karenmed409 said:  

    daily tweet http://twitter.com/karenmed409/status/4764514831

  • barbara said:  

    I'd love the winter mint

  • barbara said:  

    I follow you on twitter and tweeted: http://twitter.com/bsw529/status/4764581244

  • barbara said:  

    I follow softlips on facebook - barbarawr

  • barbara said:  

    I'm a facebook fan of yours - barbarawr

  • barbara said:  

    I subscribed with Google Reader.

  • lmurley2000 said:  

    daily tweet

    http://twitter.com/lmurley2000/status/4765654015
    lmurley2000@yahoo.com

  • Tamara B. said:  

    Sugar Plum Berry.
    tamben7996(at)aol(dot)com

  • Tamara B. said:  

    I am a fan of Softlips on Facebook
    tamben7996(at)aol(dot)com

  • Tamara B. said:  

    I am a fan of Three Different Directions on Facebook
    tamben7996(at)aol(dot)com

  • Tamara B. said:  

    I am a subscriber.
    tamben7996(at)aol(dot)com

  • Holly B said:  

    Their sugar cookie flavor sounds so good!

    hblaser at gmail dot com

  • momznite said:  

    Sugar cookie from the winter flavors and chai tea from the pure flavors both sound good to me.

  • Janette said:  

    I'd like to try sugar cookie!

  • Janette said:  

    subscribed via email
    decadent87@gmail.com

  • Cynthya said:  

    I would love to try the Sugar Cookie flavor.

  • clynsg said:  

    So far, I haven't found any that I do not like, but of the new ones, I think Winter Mint would be my favorite.

    clynsg(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • clynsg said:  

    Blog follower

    clynsg(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Victoria said:  

    Sugar cookie would be my favorite! Thanks. utgal2004[at]yahoo[dot]com

  • Melody said:  

    Sugar Cookie. I would love that.
    melodyj(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Rachel said:  

    I have always been a fan of the fruit (vs. the mint flavors) and pomegranate sounds enticing, so that's my choice - for the moment, that is. I am quite whimsical.

    racheliznewman(at)gmail(dot)com

  • lmurley2000 said:  

    daily tweet
    http://twitter.com/lmurley2000/status/4814232107
    lmurley2000@yahoo.com

  • Nickolay said:  

    Sugar Cookie all the way

    jason(at)allworldautomotive(dot)com

  • lmurley2000 said:  

    daily tweet
    http://twitter.com/lmurley2000/status/4840169495
    lmurley2000@Yahoo.com

  • Smooshy said:  

    i think i'd like acai berry!

  • Stephanie Grant said:  

    I think Winter Mint would be my fave
    thegrants(at)live(dot)com

  • Stephanie Grant said:  

    I follow on twitter @sgrant2005 and tweet:
    http://twitter.com/sgrant2005/status/4850802510
    thegrants(at)live(dot)com

  • Stephanie Grant said:  

    I'm a fan of Softlips on Facebook (Stephanie Petty-Grant)
    thegrants(at)live(dot)com

  • Stephanie Grant said:  

    I'm a fan of Three Different Directions on Facebook (Stephanie Petty-Grant)
    thegrants(at)live(dot)com

  • Stephanie Grant said:  

    I subscribe via e-mail
    thegrants(at)live(dot)com

  • Stephanie Grant said:  

    I'm a follower
    thegrants(at)live(dot)com

  • JC said:  

    I like vanilla flavor!

  • JC said:  

    http://twitter.com/tcarolinep/status/4855146863 @tcarolinep follower.

  • JC said:  

    Fan of Softlips on Facebook@tcarolinep JessieKatie S.

  • JC said:  

    fan of Three Different Directions on Facebook @tcarolinep JessieKatie S.

  • JC said:  

    http://tcarolinep.blogspot.com/2009/10/giveaway-three-different-directions_13.html blogged.

  • melsywsou said:  

    I think the sugar & spice would be nice.

  • furygirl3132 said:  

    Sugar Cookie would definitely be my favorite, thanks so much for the great giveaway!

    Eloise
    furygirl3132[at]comcast[dot]net

  • furygirl3132 said:  

    Following you on Twitter (furygirl3132) and I tweeted: http://twitter.com/furygirl3132/status/4865848054

    Eloise
    furygirl3132[at]comcast[dot]net

  • furygirl3132 said:  

    Fan of Softlips on Facebook (Eloise Carlson)

    Eloise
    furygirl3132[at]comcast[dot]net

  • furygirl3132 said:  

    Fan of Three Different Directions on Facebook (Eloise Carlson)

    Eloise
    furygirl3132[at]comcast[dot]net

  • furygirl3132 said:  

    Subscribed via Google Reader.

    Eloise
    furygirl3132[at]comcast[dot]net

  • Holly said:  

    I would love sugar cookie. It just sounds yummy.

  • Andrea Kruse said:  

    Both the wintermint & sugar cookie sound delicious!

    andrea.kruse at gmail dot com

  • Andrea Kruse said:  

    Tweeted http://twitter.com/notimeMom/status/4869809666

    & follow on Twitter (NotimeMom)

  • Andrea Kruse said:  

    Fan of Softlips on Facebook (andrea kruse)

  • Andrea Kruse said:  

    A fan of yours on Facebook (andrea kruse)

  • Andrea Kruse said:  

    Subscribing via email (andrea kruse at gmail dot com)

  • Anonymous said:  

    I think the Sugar Plum Berry would be my fave.

    hebert024 at aol dot com

  • Alicia said:  

    pomegranate

    Thanks for the giveaway >^..^<

    bloggyig at gmail dot com

  • Taylor said:  

    I'm torn between Winter Mint and Sugar & Spice.

  • Andrea Kruse said:  

    Daily Tweet
    http://twitter.com/notimeMom/status/4891125757

  • Ladytink_534 said:  

    I think I'd like the cherry flavor

    Ladytink_534(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Ladytink_534 said:  

    I'm a follower
    Ladytink_534(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • mail4rosey said:  

    Cherry and Sugar Cookie sounds great, and would most likely be my favorite.

    Thank you. msurosey@yahoo.com

  • lmurley2000 said:  

    daily tweet
    http://twitter.com/lmurley2000/status/4908579003
    lmurley2000@yahoo.com

  • lmurley2000 said:  

    daily tweet
    http://twitter.com/lmurley2000/status/4923415310
    lmurley2000@yahoo.com

  • Jocilyn said:  

    i would like to try wintermint and papaya.
    & i followed softlips on facebook

  • Brn2lisn said:  

    I'd like to try the Winter Mint

    brn2lisn(at)gmail(dot)com

  • lmurley2000 said:  

    daily tweet

    http://twitter.com/lmurley2000/status/4954700450
    lmurley2000@yahoo.com

  • dawn0124 said:  

    The Winter Mint flavor Softlips would be my favorite.

  • Deb K said:  

    My favorite is the Sugar Plum Berry.

  • hbbs55 said:  

    I like the Sugar Plum Berry

  • lmurley2000 said:  

    daily tweet
    http://twitter.com/lmurley2000/status/4983344056
    lmurley2000@yahoo.com

  • Kimberly said:  

    I think the chai would be my favorite.

  • furygirl3132 said:  

    Daily tweet: http://twitter.com/furygirl3132/status/5007539471


    Eloise
    furygirl3132[at]comcast[dot]net

  • CherylS22 said:  

    Winter Mint would be my favorite
    megalon22{at}yahoo{dot}com

  • CherylS22 said:  

    I just became a Facebook fan of Three Different Directions ~ megalon22{at}yahoo{dot}com

  • Unknown said:  

    i would love to try the sugar and spice!

    ferriza2(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Unknown said:  

    feed subscriber

    ferriza2(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Unknown said:  

    i follow your blog publicly!

    ferriza2(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Unknown said:  

    tweeted! @ferriza2

    http://twitter.com/ferriza2/status/5013460505

    ferriza2(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • denyse said:  

    I'd love to try the Sugar Cookie.

    denyse_g@hotmail.com

  • AEKZ2 said:  

    Sugar plum berry sounds yummy.

    annettekz2@yahoo.com

  • Molly K said:  

    I think the Sugar Plum Berry would be my favorite.

  • Meet the Browns said:  

    Sugar plum berry sounds delightful!

    Katie
    showbizkp[at]gmail[dot]com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would like the winter mint.
    erma.hurtt@sbcglobal.net

  • Anonymous said:  

    The winter mint sounds invigorating! mzpaw@yahoo.com

  • Abbyyy said:  

    I think I'd love the Sugar Cookie

  • seaside44 said:  

    Winter mint sounds like me!

  • terri142 said:  

    I think I would like the Sugar Plum Berry.

  • terri142 said:  

    I am a fan of Three Different Directions on facebook.

  • sharonjo said:  

    I like Winter Mint best! Thanks! senekers@comcast.net

  • Anonymous said:  

    I think I would like the Sugar Cookie.

    Allegro966(at)gmail(dot)com

  • luckylucianie said:  

    Sugar and Spice sounds nice.

  • lmurley2000 said:  

    daily tweet
    http://twitter.com/lmurley2000/status/5036468595
    lmurley2000@yahoo.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    Sugar Cookie sounds nice.

  • Molly C. said:  

    I think I will love the cherry.

  • Unknown said:  

    http://twitter.com/dddiva/status/5040974941

  • Unknown said:  

    FB Softlips Sherry Conrad

  • Unknown said:  

    FB fan 3 different directions Sherry Conrad

  • Julie said:  

    Sugar and spice

    aunteegem@yahoo.com

  • Julie said:  

    follow blog as jelaws5

    aunteegem@yahoo.co

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would love to try the papaya.
    jcristig@hotmail.com

  • plhill2000 said:  

    Make mine Sugar Plum Berry.

  • Becky said:  

    I already use the vanilla.

  • Sheila Hickmon said:  

    I would love the Sugar and Spice! Thanks for the chance!
    hawkgirl_16{at}hotmail{dot}com

  • Sheila Hickmon said:  

    I'm a fan of Sofflips on facebook! Sheila H.
    hawkgirl_16{at}hotmail{dot}com

  • Sheila Hickmon said:  

    I'm a fan of yours on facebook! Sheila H.
    hawkgirl_16{at}hotmail{dot}com

  • Sheila Hickmon said:  

    I follow your blog as mom2anutball!
    hawkgirl_16{at}hotmail{dot}com

  • Sheila Hickmon said:  

    I subscribe!
    hawkgirl_16{at}hotmail{dot}com

  • Carrie Davis said:  

    i would love the sugar and spice one!

    carried102@yahoo.com

  • Happi Shopr said:  

    I think it will either be Pomegranate or Acai Berry. trinitygsd at yahoo dot com

  • Pamela S said:  

    I'd love to get the Sugar Cookie for my teen to use and I think I'd like Sugar Plum Berry! Thanks so much! pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net

  • Gina said:  

    Vanilla would be my favorite

  • Gloria's Bits and Pieces said:  

    the Sugar Cookie sounds very good

    kngmckellar@hotmail.com

  • Gloria's Bits and Pieces said:  

    http://twitter.com/kngmckellar/status/5051685613

    follow on twitter and tweeted
    kngmckellar@hotmail.com

  • Gloria's Bits and Pieces said:  

    facebook fan Softlips=gloria mckellar

    kngmckellar@hotmail.com

  • Gloria's Bits and Pieces said:  

    fan of Three Different Directions on facebook-gloria mckellar

    kngmckellar@hotmail.com

  • Gloria's Bits and Pieces said:  

    http://kngmckellar-glorias.blogspot.com/2009/10/httpwwwthreedifferentdirectionscom20091_21.html

    blogged
    kngmckellar@hotmail.com

  • Hotsnotty2 said:  

    I'd love to try the sugar cookie flavor, thanks!

    Hotsnotty2@hotmail.com

  • «Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 241   Newer› Newest»

    Leave your response!