, , , , , ,

The Encyclopedia of Immaturity Giveaway

Monday, October 26, 2009 Leave a Comment

Be Prepared to Giggle and Never Grow Up! 


Amber is one of those people who doesn't like to admit they're getting older, and want to keep being...well....a kid.

Klutz sent her the second volume in their Encyclopedia of Immaturity series, to see what she thought of it. She enjoyed reading and snickering at many of the articles, and she is planning on sharing it with her best friend the next time she comes over to hang out. I'm pretty sure they'll find many activities to keep themselves amused within the covers of this book.

She already has a couple of the entries down pat like the

and fortunately for me she is an only child so has no use for the

In any case this series isn't just for kids, well it is and its not; it's suitable for anyone whose maturity stopped developing around the age of 12. So that may include your brother, neighbor, father-in-law or boss, I'm pretty sure you know someone who would appreciate this series!

Check out this neat How To Slip On A Banana Tutorial.



So if you know someone who is a lot less mature than they look (or hey, it might be you!), you can pick up the Encyclopedia of Immaturity Volumes 1 and 2 at Klutz.com for $19.95 each.

2 winners from my site will receive: * the new release Encyclopedia of Immaturity VOL 2 * and Encyclopedia of Immaturity VOL 1

To enter leave a comment telling me the funniest practical joke you've ever participated in or that was played on you.

For extra entries (the above must be done first) you can:
 
1. Visit Klutz.com and let me know another book that interests you.
2. Sign up to be a Klutz Insider
3.  Become a fan of Three Different Directions on Facebook
4. Follow me on twitter and tweet this giveaway (this can be once per day, please leave the direct link to your tweet in the comments). Just click the birdie.
5. Follow my blog publicly.
6. Subscribe to my feed via e-mail or reader.
7. Blog about this giveaway linking back to my blog.
8. Add my button to your blog.

This giveaway will end on November 9, 2009 at 11:59 pm cst and open to U.S. Residents ages 18+. The winner will be chosen by random.org and will be e-mailed. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to the e-mail or an alternate winner will be chosen. By entering this giveaway you are stating that you have read my **About Reviews and Privacy/Rules declaration and agree to them.

I received a complimentary copy of The Encyclopedia of Immaturity Volume 2 from Klutz prior to writing this post.

151 comments »

  • Kim said:  

    I can't think of anything aside from the cliche saran wrap on the toilet thing shenanigans!

  • Sweeter the berry said:  

    My brother used to use a whoopie cushion to make someone fart when they sat down.

  • Sweeter the berry said:  

    i like the face painting book.

  • Sweeter the berry said:  

    I'm a Klutz insider
    letessha@yahoo.com

  • Sweeter the berry said:  

    fb fan/Letesshaw


    letessha@yahoo.com

  • Sweeter the berry said:  

    following your blog
    letessha@yahoo.com

  • Terra Heck said:  

    One time at work, a co-worker hung a colostomy bag filled with green tea onto my chair. Every time I moved, the bag would swing with the chair. I was unaware of this until the end of my shift. Quite embarrassing.
    partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • itsme said:  

    Not much is coming to mind now...we were camping about 2 weeks ago and someone put an empty pop can in the fire. My husband kept wanting to reach in with his bare hands and pull it out...the thing was glowing it was so hot, it was getting holes burnt through it etc. My husband swore if he licked his fingers and grabbed the tab he would not get burnt. I told him that was idiotic and if he did he then he would not be allowed to seek medical attention of any sort when he got burnt. When my husband left the fire for a while we pulled the can out with a stick and we came up with this plan to tell my husband that another camper in our group pulled it out with his hands. And we all acted in awe whereas we were all telling my husband he was dumb for thinking it. Dh was mad because he wanted to pull it out and get the admiration. Finally we admitted it was pulled out with a stick.

  • itsme said:  

    my son would go bonkers for the draw star wars book

  • itsme said:  

    became a Klutz insider

  • itsme said:  

    directions facebook fan

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5182613303 tweet

  • itsme said:  

    http://clarissaneiding.blogspot.com/2009/10/encyclopedia-of-immaturity.html blogged

  • itsme said:  

    http://clarissaneiding.blogspot.com/2009/10/encyclopedia-of-immaturity.html have your button

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would also love the book A Book Of Artrageous projects. seehorce(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'm a fan of yours on facebook. seehorce(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I subscribe to your blog. seehorce(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I follow your blog. seehorce(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I only remember the practical jokes when we were young. Things like if your refrigerator is running, go catch it. Not much else comes to mind now.

    bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    Email subscriber.

    bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    Paper Fashions Fantasy interests me.

    bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I signed up to be a Klutz insider.

    bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Amber said:  

    For our senior prank in high school we stuck over 10,000 plastic forks in the football field!
    Thank you for the giveaway :)
    hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Toby said:  

    I didn't find it that funny, but as a teenager I went to my friend's house and her mother offered me a plate of choclates. I took one and bit in - it was rubber!

  • Lim said:  

    I live in a pretty rural area where no one locks their doors and running into the store while leaving the vehicle running (especially in the winter) is pretty common. We decided to move a friend's car around the corner and turn it off. We then went inside and acted surprised to see him, after all we hadn't seen his car. He looked puzzled when we said no, no it wasn't out there. The look on his face when he came back in was great. It's just too bad we couldn't keep straight faces and draw it out longer!

  • Lim said:  

    The Most Amazing Thumb Doodles Book. I remember Mom making simple thumb people, and these look like so much fun! THUMB MONKEYS! HA HA! HA HA! HA HA! ok i'm done now.

  • Tracey said:  

    I once put a tiny rubber spider in my granddad's french fries thinking that it would scare him. I kept waiting for him to say something about the spider. He finished his fries without saying a word about it. I then asked him if he found the spider and he got mad because he had eaten the spider without knowing it.
    traymona[at]aol.com

  • zealandsmom said:  

    I had girls put M&Ms in my nose at a sleepover because I was snoring!

  • Anonymous said:  

    I can't think of a practical joke played on me or that I ever participated in. You've made me realize, I'm too serious. lol

    Mona Lisa
    monalisa@twcny.rr.com

  • Mona Lisa said:  

    I am now a Klutz Insider.

    Thanks for the link.

    Mona Lisa
    monalisa@twcny.rr.com

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5213049840 daily tweet

  • Sunnyvale said:  

    I finished my husband's joke at a pizza parlor with friends when he went to pick up our order and when he got to the punch line and no one laughed, he was dumbfounded.

  • Bebemiqui said:  

    I mixed salt and baking soda together and put on my dad's brush as if it was toothpaste! I loved the look on his face!
    bebemiqui82(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I don't know if this was a practical joke, a payback, or insanity, but my Mom came to an adult costume party that I was attending, dressed as "a guy ghost " who came over to flirt with me, and I had no idea who it was...and chatted away...
    I'd sure love to win these books for some fun ideas!!

    pumpkinlady430@yahoo.com

  • mindy said:  

    when i was teaching my ex that you put the toilet seat down after use, i super glued it shut and let him learn what it was like to have to wait minsthins at optonline dot net

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5245449044 daily tweet

  • megan said:  

    I've never played a practical joke on anyone.

  • Nickolay said:  

    We filled the cab of a friends junker truck with shaving cream


    jason(at)allworldautomotive(dot)com

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5272851154 daily tweet

  • mail4rosey said:  

    It was funny but horrible, and I'd never do it again. My husband gave our teen a scratch off lotto that was fake and said he won $10k.

    msurosey@yahoo.com

  • mail4rosey said:  

    I subscribe.

    msurosey@yahoo.com

  • mail4rosey said:  

    I follow.

    msurosey@yahoo.com

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5295471096 daily tweet

  • mytwogirls said:  

    The only kind of practical joke I have ever participated in, regretfully, was loosening the lids on all the salt shakers in the diner when I was in high school. Primitive, I know.
    cillymoo@gmail.com

  • mytwogirls said:  

    The Klutz build a book kits look pretty neat.
    cillymoo@gmail.com

  • mytwogirls said:  

    I am a subscriber
    cillymoo@gmail.com

  • mytwogirls said:  

    I am a public follower
    cillymoo@gmail.com

  • mytwogirls said:  

    I am a Klutz insider
    cillymoo@gmail.com

  • Renee said:  

    My brother in law dressed up in my sister's long, black hooded coat and scared the bejeepers out of my friend and I one night. We thought the grim reaper was coming after us!

  • Renee said:  

    I want the How to Draw Star Wars book! My husband would think I was the GREATEST if I could draw Yoda :)

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5321252758 daily tweet

  • Alicia said:  

    Never done any or remember any done on me. But my favorite was the April Fool's day Burger King Left-handed Whopper full page newspaper ad.

    Thanks for the giveaway >^..^<

  • K. Rock said:  

    We made my dad think his vine had sprouted in grapes overnight by affixing plastic grapes to it!!

  • K. Rock said:  

    I like the super simple sewing book. I have been wanting to learn.

  • Unknown said:  

    My oldest son played a joke on his 18 year old brother when he got his first car. Older son snagged his keys and rolled down the driver's window, put a rock on the seat and spread some broken glass pieces on the ground in front of driver's side window to make it look like someone threw a rock through his car window overnight. He finally fessed up when my son was going to call the police to report the incident.

    shel704 at aol dot com

  • Unknown said:  

    I'd like to get Super Simple Sewing for my 12 year old daughter..she just started asking to learn how to sew.

    shel704 at aol dot com

  • Unknown said:  

    I'm a Klutz Insider
    shel704 at aol dot com

  • Unknown said:  

    Facebook Fan (Michelle Hudak)

    shel704 at aol dot com

  • Unknown said:  

    Twitter follower & I tweeted:
    http://twitter.com/auntiethesis/status/5339529577

  • Unknown said:  

    Follower via google friends

  • Unknown said:  

    Subscribed via google reader

    shel704 at aol dot com

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5346187539 daily tweet

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5369413882 daily tweet

  • Lindsay said:  

    My nephew would love this!

    Another Klutz book I'm interested in is the: New! Draw Star Wars®: The Clone Wars™ !

    frugalfab at gmail dot com

  • Lindsay said:  

    Following you on blogger!

    frugalfab at gmail dot com

  • Lindsay said:  

    Following on twitter & tweeted! (@lindsfrugalfab)

    frugalfab at gmail dot com

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5398699431 tweet

  • Jill said:  

    I like the Capster book. What a great way to use up some of the bottle caps my son likes to collect.

    tutucuteforme(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • Jill said:  

    Oops did my extra first. I'm not a big practical joker. Once in a while, my kids will do a "made you look" on me.

    tutucuteforme(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5431962439 daily tweet

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5455507637 daily tweet

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5484228216 daily tweet

  • Heather said:  

    I like a lot of the books in the science section but my boys would love the Lego one.

  • Heather said:  

    tweeted but don't know how to do a status link? if someone can email me directions I will gladly send the link

  • roseh2o19 said:  

    the old toilet seat plastic wrap gag

  • Heather said:  

    tweet http://twitter.com/Heatherann76/status/5510120654

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5510568687 daily tweet

  • Anonymous said:  

    We convinced my buddy to put Icy Hot in his underwear. There is a lot of detail I won't fill in, but it was hilarious.

  • Dawn said:  

    My husband does the old rubber band over the sink sprayer trick on me often. I think it is funny but I can never trick him with it.

  • Dawn said:  

    I like the Klutz Book of Balloon Twisting. I have always wanted to learn how to do that.

  • Dawn said:  

    I signed up to be a Klutz Insider.

  • Dawn said:  

    I follow you on Twitter and I tweeted. http://twitter.com/dawn408/status/5520551176

  • Dawn said:  

    I follow your blog.

  • Unknown said:  

    One year for April Fools Day, I pored jello into cups and added a straw. I placed them in the fridge to harden. The next morning I served the kids their "juice". It was funny seeing them try to drink it.

    hafner611{AT}gmail{DOT}com

  • Unknown said:  

    I like the Fuzzimal Puppies book.

  • Unknown said:  

    I subscribed in Google reader.

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5537679200 daily tweet

  • ShesAnAngel said:  

    When I was in high school we had a teacher that was easily messed with...one day at the end of our senior day we all went to class as usual but locked the door after us and when he came to class he couldn't get in and he kept knocking and knocking but we acted like we couldn't hear him! When he went to the principal to get a key we all quickly ran to the parking lot so when he returned it made him look crazy cause the door was open and no one was there! Now I don't know how funny this actually was but it did make him really mad! I was forced to participate in this or else they would have killed me!

    justine417@comcast.net

  • Dawn said:  

    daily tweet http://twitter.com/dawn408/status/5539675501

  • ShesAnAngel said:  

    Another book that interests me is the Origami book, my family goes crazy for that sort of stuff!

    justine417@comcast.net

  • ShesAnAngel said:  

    I signed up to be a Klutz insider

    justine417@comcast.net

  • ShesAnAngel said:  

    I became a fan of Three Different Directions on facebook

    justine pierson

    justine417@comcast.net

  • ShesAnAngel said:  

    I'm following you via google

    justine417

    justine417@comcast.net

  • ShesAnAngel said:  

    I'm following you via twitter and I tweeted

    http://twitter.com/ShesAnAngel417/status/5540229490

    justine417@comcast.net

  • ShesAnAngel said:  

    I subscribe via email

    justine417@comcast.net

  • Mel said:  

    I love the Picture Bracelets book. I think these encyclopedias are hilarious! I would love to have them!
    mel (at) crazyreinvented (dot) com

  • Mel said:  

    Haha - Last summer, after saying a final goodbye to some friends when we were moving across the country, we put a dirty diaper in their car. We figured They'd find it when they went out later. Their plans changed, however, and they didn't find it until the next day.
    They said the odor was horrible.
    They deserved it though. They had pulled a similar joke on us more than a year before.

    mel (at) crazyreinvented (dot) com

  • Anonymous said:  

    My brother would get the lotto numbers ( which were not televised until later when a baseball game was on ) and "divine" the correct numbers as they appeared!

    theyyyguy@yahoo.com

  • Egare1 said:  

    Hubby has the best practical joke - he stuck the sound part from a Christmas card in the ventilation system at work! The ducts amplified the sound, and no-one could find where the tinny carols were coming from for weeks!

  • Egare1 said:  

    I'm an email subscriber :)

  • Egare1 said:  

    I'm a blog follower too :)

  • Unknown said:  

    Well I took a "rain coat" and filled it with conditioner and put it on my sisters door. When she went to open the door she freaked,

  • Unknown said:  

    We put a toilet in my in-laws yard with a "surprise" inside. Don't worry, it was a fake :)

  • Anonymous said:  

    My sisters and I would just do mean psychological practical jokes on each other. Scaring was the most fun, but tricking them into confessing to our parents was even better! This book is right up my alley since I'm going to have my own kid in about 3 weeks!

    kanderspina~at~yahoo~dot~com

  • Heather said:  

    http://twitter.com/Heatherann76/status/5562920516

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5564054868 daily tweet

  • Angela C said:  

    Boom!Splat!KABLOOEY! looks fun, I have 2 boys that would love it.

  • susan1215 said:  

    My husband was all excited because he "won" money at a scratch off ticket and I got all excited untill I read it and it was a fake.

  • Bridget3496 said:  

    My son and I took off on a last minute trip to tour all of the major stadiums between Virgina and Boston 2 years ago. I called my mom and told her we actually went to Canada and now they wouldn't let my son back in the country withou a passport and I didn't understand WHY they would let him into Canada without warning us that he couldn't come back into the states but that I found a really nice family he could stay with while I came home to find his passport. It was mean lol but my 12 yr old son and I got a big kick out of it. My mom freaked and then I told her the truth but she went ahead and played the same joke on the rest of the family.

  • Bridget3496 said:  

    The LEGO Crazy Action Contraptions looks cool!

  • Kelley said:  

    I once told my friend that if she sang a song..."mmm mmm good, buritos are good, mmm, mmm good buritos are good"... at the counter of Taco Bell, they would give her food for free. She did sing..and they did not give her food.
    We all did laugh our hineys off.

  • Kelley said:  

    Wow, there are some great books at KLUTZ. The Lego Crazy Action Contraptions would send my son over the moon.

  • Tylerpants said:  

    A classmate once put some itching powder on my clothes, yeah it wasn't that funny to me =p
    tylerpants(at)gmail.com

  • Tylerpants said:  

    My son would enjoy 'Fuzzy Little Monkeys'!
    tylerpants(at)gmail.com

  • Dawn said:  

    Daily Tweet http://twitter.com/dawn408/status/5575090813

  • Brooke said:  

    Oh once we took fishing wire and up it up on my brothers bedroom door.. Then to make sure he didn't notice it we put saranwrap at the top.. He of course stopped and took down the wrap and then HAHA at us... Took one step into his room and BAM fell to the ground.. MUHAAA so funny then but of course we got the whole blah blah someone could get hurt blah blah not thinking.. hehee

  • trixx said:  

    I'm a twin so my sister and I used to trick our boyfriends by pretending to be each other!

  • trixx said:  

    The Window Art book looks really fun!

  • cman said:  

    I put saran wrap on the toilet seat and then shut the lid LOL

  • Jinxy and Me said:  

    Once at work we did a complicated prank that made our friend think that he had called in to the radio station and won $5K - it was really mean, but he laughed anyway!

  • Donna said:  

    Brading my hair while asleep.

  • Donna said:  

    I would like the potholders one.

  • Donna said:  

    I signed up as an insider.
    donna444444@yahoo.com

  • Donna said:  

    follower
    donna444444@yahoo.com

  • rb109972 said:  

    i came home early and hid in the house and when my mother came home i jumped out and scared her.

  • /\Heather/\ said:  

    We were camping and hiking for two weeks with a co-ed group in high school. We had just hiked seven miles and were famished. It was a camp where we got to make tacos, but afterward, we were too tired to do the dishes, so we set them on rocks a few hundred yards away. I overheard some of the guys talking about it, but I let it go, thinking it would be funny to see my two other tent mates' reactions. Well, one had also heard, but the other hadn't. The guys started banging pots a few hours later, then attacked the tent. I was laughing so hard, I almost peed myself.

  • /\Heather/\ said:  

    Another book that interests me: Battery Science

  • /\Heather/\ said:  

    Follow on twitter and tweeted - http://twitter.com/choochoo428/status/5581779815

  • Charlene Kuser said:  

    I would love the Klutz Book of Balloon Twisting

    CharlieGurl57@aol.com

  • Charlene Kuser said:  

    Signed up to be a Klutz Insider

    CharlieGurl57@aol.com

  • Charlene Kuser said:  

    Fan on Facebook (Charlene Kuser)

    CharlieGurl57@aol.com

  • Charlene Kuser said:  

    Following your blog

    CharlieGurl57@aol.com

  • Charlene Kuser said:  

    Subscriber via email
    CharlieGurl57@aol.com

  • Leave your response!