, , , ,

COME TOGETHER with Macy's and Feed the Hungry

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 Leave a Comment







One of the things I am most thankful for all year round is that the Lord has provided my husband with good health and a job that provides us with a salary, where buying groceries is never a struggle.

During this time of the year when the holiday's are approaching and food and festivities seem to be in sheer abundance for some of us, I am acutely aware that this is not the case for everyone. Much of what I see in the places that I partake food at gets wasted; and at the same time many families go to bed hungry at night.

Macy's is taking up the cause to help feed 10 million people suffering from hunger.  The number seems large, but if we all do our part the effect will be profound. 

COME TOGETHER invites the public to rally around the cause by hosting special dinners in their homes and asking their guests to pledge a donation to Feeding America. In return, Macy's will match these donations dollar-for-dollar until the total goal of 10 million meals is reached.

Perhaps that isn't an option for you and your family though.  Macy's has other ways for you to get involved also.

Rather than Host an event, stop by a Macy's in your city, you can Give at the checkout.  As little as a $1.00 donation will provide dinner for 7 people.

If you're a Shopper, this Saturday, October 17th, Macy's will host a "Shop for a Cause" day.  For $5.00 you can purchase an in store ticket for special savings on purchases.  A portion of that ticket price will benefit Feeding America.




Macy's is giving one of my reader's the chance to win a $20.00 Macy's gift card for helping the hungry and spreading the word about COME TOGETHER.

To enter this giveaway, leave a comment letting me know what you could give up to donate at least $1.00 to feed 7 people dinner.

For instance, I can give up buying a package of cookies for my family which would free up $3.00 which will feed 21 people dinner!

For extra entries (these are little different this time folks, it's all about COME TOGETHER and feeding families, and not about my blog) you can:

1. Tweet about Come Together *2 entries - let people know they can feed 7 people dinner for $1.00 (leave the link to your tweet)
2. Share on another networking site *2 entries for each site you share it on - Facebook, Digg, Stumble whatever you're a part of, again let your friends and social communities know how they can partner with Macy's to help feed the hungry. (leave a link to where you shared)
3. Blog about it - *5 entries - share the way people can help partner with Macy's by Hosting, Giving or Shopping (leave the link to your blog post)

This giveaway will end on November 1, 2009 at 11:59 pm cst and is open to U.S. Residents ages 18+. The winner will be chosen by random.org and will be e-mailed. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to the e-mail or an alternate winner will be chosen. By entering this giveaway you are stating that you have read my **About Reviews and my Privacy/Rules statements and agree to them.

I received no compensation from Macy's to share about their COME TOGETHER campaign.

198 comments »

  • Anonymous said:  

    I could give up Diet Pepsi.

  • Mysharona said:  

    i'll give up my morning coffee.

  • Kim said:  

    I could give up my daily coffees - that's a few bucks a day

  • Amber said:  

    I would give up coffee for a week!
    Thank you for the giveaway :)
    hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Courtney B said:  

    i could give up my daily starbucks

  • Courtney B said:  

    tweet

    http://twitter.com/MeandBells/status/4841562348

  • Courtney B said:  

    tweet #2

    http://twitter.com/MeandBells/status/4841562348

  • Angela said:  

    I could give up getting some fries at the fast-food place. I really shouldn't be getting them anyway, so now I have a good excuse. :)

  • peg42 said:  

    This is such a wonderful cause. I would give up my coffee that I get each morning.

  • Theresa said:  

    I'll give up my friday latte & donate the money instead.

  • Kia89 said:  

    I would give up soda.
    austma7@aol.com

  • Leslie said:  

    I could give up my daily Starbucks habit for a month and feed an entire third world country.

  • JC said:  

    I could give up by caffeine fix(coffee) to help!

  • JC said:  

    http://twitter.com/tcarolinep/status/4849717166 tweet
    1

  • JC said:  

    http://twitter.com/tcarolinep/status/4849717166 tweet
    2

  • JC said:  

    Shared on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/tcarolinep?ref=profile
    1

  • JC said:  

    Shared on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/tcarolinep?ref=profile
    2

  • JC said:   This comment has been removed by the author.
  • JC said:   This comment has been removed by the author.
  • JC said:   This comment has been removed by the author.
  • JC said:   This comment has been removed by the author.
  • JC said:  

    http://tcarolinep.blogspot.com/2009/10/giveaway-three-different-directions.html
    blogged.
    1

  • JC said:  

    http://tcarolinep.blogspot.com/2009/10/giveaway-three-different-directions.html
    blogged.
    2

  • JC said:  

    http://tcarolinep.blogspot.com/2009/10/giveaway-three-different-directions.html
    blogged.
    3

  • JC said:  

    http://tcarolinep.blogspot.com/2009/10/giveaway-three-different-directions.html
    blogged.
    4

  • JC said:  

    http://tcarolinep.blogspot.com/2009/10/giveaway-three-different-directions.html
    blogged.
    5

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would give up my pretzels and popcorn, which would come up to a tidy sum. It is a great question - makes you really think about what you would do without when others do nit even have a choice and have to do without even the basics.

  • JC said:  

    Stumbled@tcarolinep
    1

  • JC said:  

    Stumbled@tcarolinep
    2

  • Stephanie said:  

    Our favorite cookies at trader joe's cost 3.50 so could give those up easy!
    tvollowitz at aol dot com

  • April said:  

    I would give up any kind of afternoon snacks at the office.

    teenytig@sbcglobal.net

  • Mami2jcn said:  

    I blogged about this:

    http://grand-giveaways.blogspot.com/2009/10/macys-20-gift-card-giveaway.html

    #1

  • Mami2jcn said:  

    I blogged about this:

    http://grand-giveaways.blogspot.com/2009/10/macys-20-gift-card-giveaway.html

    #2

  • Mami2jcn said:  

    I blogged about this:

    http://grand-giveaways.blogspot.com/2009/10/macys-20-gift-card-giveaway.html

    #3

  • Mami2jcn said:  

    I blogged about this:

    http://grand-giveaways.blogspot.com/2009/10/macys-20-gift-card-giveaway.html

    #4

  • Mami2jcn said:  

    I blogged about this:

    http://grand-giveaways.blogspot.com/2009/10/macys-20-gift-card-giveaway.html

    #5

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would give up my weekly chocolate allowance!

  • Metal Momma said:  

    I could give up my pepsi addiction for a week or two.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I could give up a lot of things including cutting back on things like renting movies, and going out to dinner. This is a great cause. I love Macys! Thanks.

    shevilkenevil1 at aol dot com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I tweeted:

    http://twitter.com/lipstickncandy/status/4867290295

    Entry 1
    shevilkenevil1 at aol dot com

  • Anonymous said:  

    Tweeted
    Entry 2

    shevilkenevil1 at aol dot com

  • buzzd said:  

    I could give up donuts

  • sphinx63 said:  

    I could give up my Hershey's Bliss everyday!

    sphinxcw at aol dot com

  • Alison said:  

    I could give up a beer at the bar -- that would feed about 28 people!

  • Meredith said:  

    We could give up the expensive cookies.

  • ohstac said:  

    I don't think I could give up my coffee but I could give up our Friday pizza delivery.

  • ohstac said:  

    tweet
    http://twitter.com/ohstac/statuses/4874585965

  • allysona said:  

    you can also donate on-line

  • llinda29 said:  

    I would give up icecream

  • clc408 said:  

    I could give up snacks.

  • JulieMoe said:  

    I could give up buying a pop at lunch

  • JulieMoe said:  

    http://twitter.com/JulieMeagan/status/4902654454 Tweeted #1

  • JulieMoe said:  

    Tweeted #2 http://twitter.com/JulieMeagan/status/4902654454

  • pattycake said:  

    I could give up junk food like chips and ice cream for about $10 in savings to donate

  • Tamara B. said:  

    I would give up my daily bottle of Diet Coke to give a $1.00 donation.
    tamben7996(at)aol(dot)com

  • pattycake said:  

    TWEETED Latest: http://bit.ly/S2Gdwless than 5 seconds ago

  • chromiumman said:  

    i could give up my morning coffee

  • Roxy said:  

    i could give up my starbucks pumpkin spice lattes!

    hockiemack at hotmail.com

  • AmandaK said:  

    I would give up my chocolate!

    orchestratenoise0726[at]yahoo[dot]com

  • mrsshukra said:  

    Giving up Starbucks coffee!

    delilah0180(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Erica C. said:  

    I could give up a soda from the vending machine...easy!

  • Anonymous said:  

    I could give up my daily yogurt for about $4.00 a week

    dirtyprettylibertine at hotmail dot com

  • Tamara said:  

    I could give up eating fast food and eat at home instead.

  • msrodeobrat said:  

    i could give up my weekly smoothies at smoothie king.

  • clynsg said:  

    I would give up a frozen dessert.

    clynsg at yahoo dot com

  • Renee said:  

    I could give up my sweet tea from McDonalds!

  • Ashley said:  

    I could give up the Starbucks runs - that's at least $4 every time I go!

    KikiZoe86(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Barbara Montag said:  

    I can easily give up my daily donut.

  • Nancy said:  

    I could give up a diet soda.

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

  • 1993wel said:  

    I could give up my daily latte.

  • Sprittibee said:  

    I could give up gum or Barnum's Animal Crackers. Mmmm. Animal Crackers....

  • Erica G said:  

    I could (and will) give up my large unsweet tea from McDonalds that I usually get once a week.

    egreca (at) hotmail {dot{ com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would give up my weekly Starbucks for $5 to help.

    hebert024 at aol dot com

  • pattycake said:  

    tweeted Latest: know they can feed 7 people dinner for $1.00 at macy's food driveless than 5 seconds ago

  • Shelly Leatham said:  

    I could give up my 20 oz Dr Pepper! Thanks
    bleatham(at)gmail.com

  • Shelly Leatham said:  

    tweeted
    http://twitter.com/sleatham1/status/5120173414
    bleatham(at)gmail.com
    entry 1

  • Shelly Leatham said:  

    tweeted
    http://twitter.com/sleatham1/status/5120173414
    bleatham(at)gmail.com
    entry 2

  • Elkaye said:  

    I could give up buying a smoothie from Tropical Smoothie Cafe (that's about $5).


    elkaye[at]gmail[dot]com

  • Elkaye said:  

    tweet: http://twitter.com/Elkaye/status/5121289143

  • Elkaye said:  

    tweet: http://twitter.com/Elkaye/status/5121289143

    elkaye[at]gmail[dot]com

  • Elkaye said:  

    I dugg on digg as Elkaye.


    elkaye[at]gmail[dot]com

  • Elkaye said:  

    I dugg on digg as Elkaye.


    elkaye[at]gmail[dot]com

  • Abby said:  

    I could definitely give up a Starbucks run for the day!

    ajcmeyer at go dot com

  • Linda said:  

    I would give up buying a cup of coffee in the morning!
    lgrieser(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

  • mytwogirls said:  

    I could save a gallon of gasoline by walking more often. cillymoo@gmail.com

  • hale2005 said:  

    I would give up the drinks I buy from work!
    hellrzr(at)juno(dot)com

  • Melinda said:  

    I would give up buying tea in the morning, and would save money

    BTW, I did donate to Macys for this cause!

  • Melinda said:  

    shared on facebook!
    Melinda H. F.

  • Jill Myrick (jsc123) said:  

    I could give up my morning latte.
    And gladly would.
    Thank you so much for the chance to win.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I could give up my All American Meal at Micky D's
    jwatkk at comcast dot net

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would give up my daily soda!

  • Claire said:  

    I'd give up eating at a restaurant with my best friend and instead eat at home -- that would be at least $10!

    thefatesarevicious at yahoo dot com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I could give up my daily swiss cheese.

    sylvieanddudes@yahoo.om

  • roseh2o19 said:  

    i could give up a 2 liter of pop to feed 5.7 people

  • SeahorseLady said:  

    I could give up my weekly piece of chocolate.

  • rosannepm said:  

    I could give up going through the dollar menu at Mcdonalds
    rosans4@comcast.net

  • Steph said:  

    I could do pay more bills online to save the cost of a couple of stamps.

    ms0812(at)zoominternet(dot)net

  • carolyn said:  

    i could give up soda and junk food

  • Lower Mitten Kitten said:  

    I can give up purchasing one bag of halloween candy which would free up $3.00 which will feed 21 people dinner.

  • Lower Mitten Kitten said:  

    Tweet! http://twitter.com/Facetwit17/status/5305832871

  • mytwogirls said:  

    I am a follower
    cillymoo@gmail.com

  • mytwogirls said:  

    I am a subscriber
    cillymoo@gmail.com

  • heaventrees said:  

    I could give up a lunch out and take a sandwich. That would save maybe $4 and could be donated.

  • arla said:  

    I could give up ice cream
    lighthousee27{at}gmail.com

  • Anne said:  

    I will give up soda for a week, which will save aobut $6.00.

  • Anne said:  

    tweeted #1
    http://twitter.com/lunaj1456/status/5313393242

  • Anne said:  

    tweeted #2
    http://twitter.com/lunaj1456/status/5313393242

  • Anne said:  

    I blogged #1
    http://lunaj1456.blogspot.com/2009/10/help-macys-fight-hunger.html

  • Anne said:  

    I blogged #2
    http://lunaj1456.blogspot.com/2009/10/help-macys-fight-hunger.html

  • Anne said:  

    I blogged #3
    http://lunaj1456.blogspot.com/2009/10/help-macys-fight-hunger.html

  • Anne said:  

    I blogged #4
    http://lunaj1456.blogspot.com/2009/10/help-macys-fight-hunger.html

  • Anne said:  

    I blogged #5
    http://lunaj1456.blogspot.com/2009/10/help-macys-fight-hunger.html

  • Happi Shopr said:  

    I would give up my sprite. trinitygsd at yahoo dot com

  • scottsgal said:  

    I could give up my morning bagel from Panera

    msboatgal at aol.com

  • Julieh said:  

    I could give up my daily afternoon cappucino at the coffee shop to donate. honeypie411 at yahoo dot com

  • AEKZ2 said:  

    I could give up bottled water.

    annettekz2@yahoo.com

  • denyse said:  

    My morning coffee.

    denyse_g@hotmail.com

  • CherylS22 said:  

    I could give up buying my favorite chocolates (Riesens) this week.

    Thanks ~ megalon22{at}yahoo{dot}com

  • diesel51 said:  

    I would give my breakout and eat at home.

  • ky2here said:  

    I wouldn't have to give anything up, I could and should just give it and a helluva lot more.

  • Jeanne B-W said:  

    I could give up fast food and eat at home.
    littlecat123@cox.net

  • Kimberly said:  

    I could give up getting my eyebrows waxed. I can do them myself, but it's so much easier to have someone do it for me. That would be enough for at least 70 people!

  • Gabriel S-J. said:  

    I would give up my morning coffee!

  • Anonymous said:  

    Beer on a weekend!

  • whysoitenly5 said:  

    I could give up my fancy coffee and stick to instant at home.

    whysoitenly5(at)gmail(dot)com

  • K Anne said:  

    I could give up my energy drink that I drink every day.


    fooks213@yahoo.com

  • tomservo56954 said:  

    I could give up my weekly lunch out and donate the proceeds..

  • Anonymous said:  

    I could give up my pepsi!!

  • Anonymous said:  

    tweet #1
    http://twitter.com/SweepsCat713/status/5331454476

  • Anonymous said:  

    tweet#2
    http://twitter.com/SweepsCat713/status/5331454476

  • Anonymous said:  

    Shared on FB #1
    http://www.facebook.com/posted.php?id=100000299569417&share_id=167906829703&comments=1#s167906829703

  • Anonymous said:  

    Shared on FB #2
    http://www.facebook.com/posted.php?id=100000299569417&share_id=167906829703&comments=1#s167906829703

  • Anonymous said:  

    Blogged your giveaway #1
    http://littertidbitsfrommschat.blogspot.com/2009/10/come-together-with-macys-and-feed.html

  • Anonymous said:  

    Blogged your giveaway #2
    http://littertidbitsfrommschat.blogspot.com/2009/10/come-together-with-macys-and-feed.html

  • Anonymous said:  

    Blogged your giveaway #3
    http://littertidbitsfrommschat.blogspot.com/2009/10/come-together-with-macys-and-feed.html

  • Anonymous said:  

    Blogged your giveaway #4
    http://littertidbitsfrommschat.blogspot.com/2009/10/come-together-with-macys-and-feed.html

  • Anonymous said:  

    Blogged your giveaway #5
    http://littertidbitsfrommschat.blogspot.com/2009/10/come-together-with-macys-and-feed.html

  • chazvgo said:  

    I could give up my daily Sonic Happy Hour :)

  • chad sexington said:  

    I'll give up my squishee addiction. I get at least 1 or 2 of the 44oz squishee's from my local gas station per day. They're $1.39 after tax. But they're oh so delicious... sigh... I can give them up...

  • Jinxy and Me said:  

    I could give up soda for a day.

  • Sheila Hickmon said:  

    I could give up my Diet Dr. Pepper from McDonalds everyday.
    hawkgirl_16{at}hotmail{dot}com

  • Sheila Hickmon said:  

    I tweeted! Entry #1
    http://twitter.com/mom2anutball/status/5335079608


    hawkgirl_16{at}hotmail{dot}com

  • Sheila Hickmon said:  

    I tweeted! Entry #2
    http://twitter.com/mom2anutball/status/5335079608


    hawkgirl_16{at}hotmail{dot}com

  • K. Rock said:  

    I could give up my morning bagel!!

  • Suz said:  

    I could give up a drink at Starbucks.

    txhottie_86 at yahoo dot com

  • skytoucher said:  

    I could give up my Dr. Pepper I allow myself twice a month

  • Crystal F said:  

    I could give up my diet cola for a day. That would feed about 28 people. It sad when you think about that. Just by giving up my drink for one day we could help that many people. Just think that if we all gave up something for one day how many people we could help. Thanks for the reminder!

  • tmh said:  

    i could give up my morning coffee

    tmh29141 @ hotmail dot com

  • Unknown said:  

    I could give up Starbucks coffee for a few days.

  • susan1215 said:  

    I could give up chocolate for a month

  • Meet the Browns said:  

    I could've done without the two bags of Halloween candy I just bought on sale.

    Katie
    showbizkp[at]gmail[dot]com

  • hbbs55 said:  

    I could give up my chocolate bar!

  • hbbs55 said:  

    tweeted!
    http://twitter.com/hbbs55/status/5343770863

  • Donna said:  

    I could not go out to eat once.
    donna444444@yahoo.com

  • Amy delong said:  

    I could give up a 2liter of soda,we don't need it!

    ardelong2(at)gmail(dot)com

  • demmi said:  

    a trip to the coffee shop
    con5459(at)gmail(dot)com

  • skicat said:  

    Breast cancer impacts many women. I also try to support buying merchandise for breast cancer awareness or that donates part of their profits to find a cure.

  • Angela G said:  

    I could give up my Boba Tea to donate!
    ag1414@hotmail.com

  • carolpie said:  

    Chocolate for a few days!

  • Annemarie said:  

    I would give up my weekly visit to Starbucks and donate the money saved instead.

    annemarie562000(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Mary512 said:  

    I could pack a lunch and not eat out and donate more than a dollar. Thanks!

  • Mary512 said:  

    tweeted this giveaway http://twitter.com/512kidz/status/5351468771

  • Mary512 said:  

    entry 2 for tweeting http://twitter.com/512kidz/status/5351468771

  • Mary512 said:  

    posted on facebook http://www.facebook.com/posted.php?id=1355927710&share_id=172484460879&comments=1#s172484460879

  • Mary512 said:  

    entry 2 for posting to facebook http://www.facebook.com/posted.php?id=1355927710&share_id=172484460879&comments=1#s172484460879

  • Amy L said:  

    I could give up chocolate. It'd be hard, but I could do it! :)

  • Mary512 said:  

    Blogged this giveaway http://512kidz.blogspot.com/2009/11/come-together.html

  • Mary512 said:  

    entry 2 for blogging http://512kidz.blogspot.com/2009/11/come-together.html

  • Mary512 said:  

    entry 3 for blogging http://512kidz.blogspot.com/2009/11/come-together.html

  • Mary512 said:  

    entry 4 for blogging http://512kidz.blogspot.com/2009/11/come-together.html

  • Mary512 said:  

    entry 5 for blogging http://512kidz.blogspot.com/2009/11/come-together.html

  • Tatum said:  

    tatum810@yahoo.com

    I could give up my massive amount of gum I chew during the day.

  • js22 said:  

    I'd give up soda for a week.

    Thanks for the giveaway!
    email in blogger profile.

  • Ginny said:  

    I could give up my 16oz pops I buy to drink while out :)

  • Pamela S said:  

    I could give up a soft drink at the drive through window! Thanks so much! pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net

  • js22 said:  

    #1
    tweet: http://twitter.com/js22222222/status/5353233331

    email in blogger profile.

  • js22 said:  

    #2
    tweet: http://twitter.com/js22222222/status/5353233331
    email in blogger profile.

  • Cynthya said:  

    I could give up buying lottery tickets.

  • dvice12 said:  

    I could give up coffee in the morning

  • Hotsnotty2 said:  

    I could give up eating out!

    Hotsnotty2@hotmail.com

  • Sand said:  

    I could give up my weekly take out for once!

  • cman said:  

    That extra box of brownie mix.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I could give up my Dr. Pepper, and my cookie snack.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I could give up my donut every morning. garrettsambo@aol.com

  • /\Heather/\ said:  

    We go out for a Starbucks frap once a week. We could give that up and feed 84 people per week. At LEAST!

  • lilyk said:  

    I could give up eating some snacks.

  • Leave your response!