, , , , , , ,

Shake It All Up! Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil Giveaway

Thursday, September 3, 2009 Leave a Comment


Last week I received a jar of Virgin Coconut Oil from Tropical Traditions.


The first thing you may notice about this is, when you open it, it doesn't really look like oil.  The properties of it solidify somewhat and so it is soft enough to scoop but it is not in an actual liquid state.

 
That is so easy to remedy though.  Just boil a bit of water and put it in a bowl and then take how much coconut oil you need and put that in a smaller bowl.  The use a "double boiler" effect and in no time you will have "liquid" coconut oil.  It's so worth the little bit of extra effort too.

Already I have substituted the Tropical Traditions Extra Virgin Coconut Oil for vegetable oil in baking, and I have used it as a hot oil treatment on my scalp and hair.

One would never have noticed the difference in my zucchini bread, except that perhaps it was moister than ever before.  As for the oil treatment for my scalp and hair, lets just say this will be a routine that I will keep.

You see I have psoriasis on my scalp and have sores and itching  because of it.  Psoriasis of the scalp basically is that the skin on your scalp grows at different rates causing build up of skin deposits on same parts of it.  Often it will cause itching and yes that flaky white stuff too.  I have tried all sorts of shampoos and hair treatments some which have worked for a bit, others not, but generally those that have worked have contained medicates which I'd rather not use on my head. 

The coconut oil treatment was a bit messy, but well worth it.  I left it on all night (covered my hair up with a shower cap and an old towel to absorb extra oil) while I slept and washed it out in the shower the next morning.  Seriously my hair has never looked so soft and shiny, but even better when I combed out my hair, I had hardly any hair casts (the white flakys) fall out.  Amazing!

After reading about it success for skin blemishes in Virgin Coconut Oil, How it has changed people’s lives and how it can change yours! by Brian & Marianita Jader Shilhav, the book I was sent along with the oil to review, my 13 year old daughter plans to try and help eradicate her pimples with it as well.

Along with the skin care tips, it is chocked full of recipes and other ways you can implement coconut oil in your daily routines.

Tropical Traditions is generously sponsoring a giveaway for one of my blog readers to receive a 32 oz Jar of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (that's a value of $37.50).

But if you can't wait to see if you've won, hurry and order some by September 6th, because they are on sale Buy 1 Get 1 Free for $27.50.  That's an UNBELIEVABLE price!

Also if you order and enter my referral code 5414915, you can receive a free copy of the book.  Even better Tropical Traditions provides excellent customer service and you can reach them here with any questions.

To enter the giveaway:  Visit Tropical Traditions and comment with another one of their products you would like to try.

For extra entries (the above must be done first) you can:

1. Subscribe to the Tropical Traditions Newsletter.
2. Follow me on twitter & TropicalTraditions and tweet this giveaway (this can be once per day, please leave the direct link to your tweet in the comments).
3. Follow my blog publicly.
4. Subscribe to my feed via e-mail or reader.
5. Blog about this giveaway linking back to my blog.
6. Add my button to your blog.

This giveaway will end on September 16, 2009 at 11:59 pm cst and open to U.S. Residents ages 18+. The winner will be chosen by random.org and will be e-mailed. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to the e-mail or an alternate winner will be chosen. By entering this giveaway you are stating that you have read my **About Reviews statement at the bottom of this page and my Privacy/Rules declaration and agree to them.

135 comments »

  • Michelle said:  

    I would love to try the Organic Raw Honey. It sounds so yummy =)

  • Michelle said:  

    I Subscribed to the Tropical Traditions Newsletter =)

    shellbell574(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Michelle said:  

    I Follow your Blog =)

    (shellbell574)

  • Michelle said:  

    I Subscribe by Email =)

    shellbell574(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Michelle said:  

    I Follow you on Twitter & I Tweeted About This Giveaway =)

    http://twitter.com/shellbell574/statuses/3740824742

  • Michelle said:  

    I blogged about this giveaway =)

    http://shellbell574.blogspot.com/2009/09/tropical-traditions-extra-virgin.html

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'd really like to try the Organic Raw Honey.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I subscribe via email.

    bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Emily N. said:  

    Organic Dark Chocolate
    Peanut Butter
    email in profile

  • Emily N. said:  

    I subscribe to TropTrad newsletter. email in profile

  • Unknown said:  

    organic raw honey would be great !

  • pcollins@cajunnet.com said:  

    I would get Virgin Coconut Oil.
    pcollins@cajunnet.com

  • Laura C said:  

    I subscribe to Tropical Tradition
    newsletter.
    pcollins@cajunnet.com

  • throuthehaze said:  

    organic swiss chocolate
    throuthehaze at gmail dot com

  • throuthehaze said:  

    Subscribe to the Tropical Traditions Newsletter.
    throuthehaze at gmail dot com

  • throuthehaze said:  

    reader subscriber
    throuthehaze at gmail dot com

  • Toystory said:  

    Two items tweeked my interest, the organic sweetened condensed milk and the laundry detergent.

  • llinda29 said:  

    I like Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil
    for Hair Treatment

  • clc408 said:  

    I would love to try the Organic Thai Ginger and Red Pepper
    Peanut Butter. Sounds so good! Thanks for the chance.

  • Laura said:  

    tweet 9/6
    http://twitter.com/sweepcoupon

  • cstironkat said:  

    I would like the Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil For Hair Treatment. Thank you.

  • Blogaway Girl said:  

    I'm a subscriber to their newsletter.

    tbrown.avon at gmail dot com

  • Blogaway Girl said:  

    Following you and TT on twitter and tweeted:

    http://twitter.com/taygirl7/statuses/3803350326

  • Blogaway Girl said:  

    Added to button to my blog.

  • Blogaway Girl said:  

    Here is my first entry (out of order!!). I would like to try the coconut flour.

  • Laura said:  

    I follow your blog
    pcollins@cajunnet.com

  • Laura said:  

    I subscribe by email.
    pcollins@cajunnet.com

  • wantsandwishes said:  

    I would like to try the cinnamon teeth cleaner.

  • Shelly Leatham said:  

    No doubt about it...I'd love to try the organic raw honey!
    thanks
    bleatham(at)gmail.com

  • Shelly Leatham said:  

    I get the Tropical Traditions news letter
    bleatham(at)gmail.com

  • Shelly Leatham said:  

    Following both on twitter and tweeted
    http://twitter.com/sleatham1/status/3813166971
    bleatham(at)gmail.com

  • Shelly Leatham said:  

    I follow your blog publicly
    bleatham(at)gmail.com

  • Shelly Leatham said:  

    email subscriber
    bleatham(at)gmail.com

  • Laura said:  

    tweet 9/7
    http://twitter.com/sweepcoupon

    pcollins@cajunnet.com

  • ehhogan said:  

    I'd like to try the Insect Repellent and Moisturizer

    ehhogan at bellsouth.net

  • skytoucher said:  

    I would love to try the 100 percent Virgin Coconut Oil for my plethora of rare medical disorders. The raw honey looks like a valuable health aid as well.

  • msrodeobrat said:  

    i would love to try the organic raw honey

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'd love the pet shampoo for my doggie.

    hebert024 at aoldot com

  • Jennifer said:  

    Would like to try the Organic Atchara.
    jennifer@makemoneyworkonline.com

  • Jennifer said:  

    subscribed to their newsletter
    jennifer@makemoneyworkonline.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would like to try their organic dark chocolate. sejotess@yahoo.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would love to try this and the organic coconut flour!
    jamie_lynn_jam@hotmail.com

  • Blogaway Girl said:  

    Daily tweet:

    http://twitter.com/taygirl7/statuses/3855459219

  • matt4melis said:  

    I would love to try their coconut flour, deodorant and lip balm.

    matt4melis(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • matt4melis said:  

    I subscribe to the Tropical Traditions newsletter.

    matt4melis(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    Been subscribed for a few years.
    Would like to try Coconut Cream Concentrate.

    pisnak@eastlink.ca

  • HODGEPODGESPV said:  

    i want to try their deoderant. with the commerical kind you get in the store, i have to change to a different brand about ever 5=6 months. (a secondary reason, i want to know what franensense smells like

    spvaughan yahoo.com

  • HODGEPODGESPV said:  

    i subscribe to their newsletter

    spvaughan yahoo.com

  • HODGEPODGESPV said:  

    you can now see HODGEPODGESPV following you

  • Blogaway Girl said:  

    Daily tweet:
    http://twitter.com/taygirl7/statuses/3862293768

  • Stacey said:  

    I would LOVE to try the grain mill!

  • Stacey said:  

    I have also subscribed to TT newsletter.

  • jennem said:  

    At Tropical Traditions, I'd like to try the cinnamon tooth cleaner.
    Jennifer, jennem22 at yahoo dot com

  • lovebeingamom said:  

    I would love to try the palm shortening. I already love the coconut flour and oil. kycpa1@gmail.com

  • Natalie A. said:  

    I'd like the Coconut Flakes!

    coolnatty12@yahoo.com

  • Natalie A. said:  

    I subscribe to Tropical Traditions newsletter!

    coolnatty12@yahoo.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'd like to try the citrus moisturizing lotion - sounds fragrant and beneficial. sunflower-girl@juno.com

  • Blogaway Girl said:  

    daily tweet:

    http://twitter.com/taygirl7/statuses/3915556719

  • Mary A said:  

    I would also like to try the Coconut Chips. Thanks for the giveaway.

  • ky2here said:  

    Red Pepper
    Peanut Butter.

  • Amanda S. said:  

    I'd like to try their Bug Arrest.

  • Blogaway Girl said:  

    daily tweet:

    http://twitter.com/taygirl7/statuses/3947364005

  • Michele said:  

    Thank you for the giveaway. I'd really like to try the organic raw honey, it sounds delicious.

  • Michele said:  

    I am a tropical traditions subscriber!

  • Sarah said:  

    i would like to try their Oxygen Bleach. thanks!

  • Sarah said:  

    i subscribe to their newsletter

  • Sarah said:  

    i follow on twitter (sadiekate08) and i tweeted! http://twitter.com/sadiekate08/status/3949177327

  • Anonymous said:  

    i want to try the Organic Raw Honey- we use a lot of it here in our house and i'm sure this is better!

  • Blogaway Girl said:  

    daily tweet:

    http://twitter.com/taygirl7/statuses/3967584097

  • heaventrees said:  

    I would love to try the Forbidden Rice.

  • Jenny said:  

    I would also like to try their organic maple syrup. When I first read that, I thought it was odd. Isn't all maple syrup organic? After reading their information, I was shocked. I had no idea that some harvesters use formaldehyde in syrup collection! That turns my stomach.

  • Jenny said:  

    I also subscribed to their newsletter (not sure if I need to put this in a separate comment or not!).

  • taylorbagels said:  

    The Organic Atchara.
    electricisland(at)gmail.com

  • taylorbagels said:  

    Subscribed to the Tropical Traditions Newsletter.
    electricisland(at)gmail.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    The Insect Repellant.
    no chemicals!
    ashley221@comcast.net

  • Melanie said:  

    My puppies would love to have the organic raw pet food.


    clarkmurdock@yahoo.com

  • Kim (Randominities) said:  

    I'd like to try the Organic Raw Honey. Thanks!

  • Admin said:  

    I would like to try their corn starch.
    dmjitems (at) gmail (dot) com

  • Admin said:  

    I am following your blog on Google connect.
    dmjitems (at) gmail (dot) com

  • Admin said:  

    I am subscribed to your feed via email.
    dmjitems (at) gmail (dot) com

  • Admin said:  

    I am subscribed to the Tropical Traditions Newsletter

  • Stephanie Grant said:  

    I would like to try their Organic Dark Swiss Chocolate
    thegrants(at)live(dot)com

  • Stephanie Grant said:  

    I subscribe to the Tropical Traditions Newsletter
    thegrants(at)live(dot)com

  • Stephanie Grant said:  

    I follow you both on twitter @sgrant2005 and tweeted:
    http://twitter.com/sgrant2005/status/4017858987

  • Stephanie Grant said:  

    I'm a follower
    thegrants(at)live(dot)com

  • Stephanie Grant said:  

    I subscribe
    thegrants(at)live(dot)com

  • Unknown said:  

    I would like to try their soap.
    bonmay@live.com

  • Unknown said:  

    I am already subscribed to Tropical Traditions.
    bonmay@live.com

  • Unknown said:  

    I am following you and Tropical Traditions on twitter.
    I tweeted about this giveaway.
    http://twitter.com/bonmay

  • Unknown said:  

    I am following your publicly.
    http://quicktattletails.blogspot.com/

  • Unknown said:  

    I subscribed by email.
    bonmay@live.com

  • Unknown said:  

    I added your button to my blog @
    http://quicktattletails.blogspot.com/

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'd like to try the Palm Shortening
    digicat{AT}sbcglobal{DOT}net

  • Anonymous said:  

    I subscribe to the Tropical Traditions Newsletter
    digicat{AT}sbcglobal{DOT}net

  • Anonymous said:  

    I follow your blog
    digicat{AT}sbcglobal{DOT}net

  • Anonymous said:  

    I subscribe
    digicat{AT}sbcglobal{DOT}net

  • Ali said:  

    the organic raw honey, I'm sure it's so much better for me than the processed one I'm using!

    gibbylet21 (at) hotmail (dot) com

  • Dawn Reid said:  

    I would get Virgin Coconut Oil.

  • Pamela S said:  

    I'd love to try the Organic Fruit Spreads, like maybe the Wild Blackberry! Sounds yummy!
    Thanks so much!
    pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net

  • Pamela S said:  

    I'm subscribed to tropical traditions newsletter. Thanks so much!
    pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net

  • Pamela S said:  

    I follow you. Thanks so much!
    pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net

  • Carol EL said:  

    I would try the Bug Arrest
    Non-toxic pest management product. jelly15301@gmail.com

  • Carol EL said:  

    TT newsletter subscriber. jelly15301@gmail.com

  • Carol EL said:  

    E-mail subscriber. jelly15301@gmail.com

  • Carol EL said:  

    Blog follower. jelly15301@gmail.com

  • Kathy P said:  

    id love to try the Organic Skin Exfoliator

  • Kathy P said:  

    subscribe to TT newsletter

  • Kathy P said:  

    following your blog as klp1965
    kathy pease

  • Gloria's Bits and Pieces said:  

    I would like to try their Organic Raw Honey.

    kngmckellar@hotmail.com

  • Gloria's Bits and Pieces said:  

    I subscribe to their newsletter

    kngmckellar@hotmail.com

  • Gloria's Bits and Pieces said:  

    http://twitter.com/kngmckellar/status/4042147099

    follow both on twitter and tweeted
    kngmckellar@hotmail.com

  • Gloria's Bits and Pieces said:  

    follow your blog as kngmckellar

    kngmckellar@hotmail.com

  • Gloria's Bits and Pieces said:  

    subscribe email
    kngmckellar@hotmail.com

  • Gloria's Bits and Pieces said:  

    http://kngmckellar-glorias.blogspot.com/2009/09/httpwwwthreedifferentdirectionscom20090_16.html#comments

    blogged
    kngmckellar@hotmail.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'D LIKE TO TRY THE ORGANIC SWEET MOLASSES PEANUT BUTTER.

    allegro966(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Nancy S. said:  

    I'd like to try the organic coconut flour.
    ncschools at yahoo dot com

  • Nancy S. said:  

    I tweeted.
    http://twitter.com/ncschools/status/4045539599
    ncschools at yahoo dot com

  • Nancy S. said:  

    I follow your blog.
    ncschools at yahoo dot com

  • Nancy S. said:  

    I subscribe to your feed.
    ncschools at yahoo dot com

  • /\Heather/\ said:  

    I'd love to switch it up and try the Cinnamon Teeth Cleaner.

  • /\Heather/\ said:  

    I follow you on twitter - choochoo428

  • /\Heather/\ said:  

    Tweeted - http://twitter.com/choochoo428/status/4047512043

  • cman said:  

    Organic Dark Swiss Chocolate :)ro

  • lilyk said:  

    The Organic Raw Honey looks very nice!

  • lilyk said:  

    I subscribed to the Tropical Traditions newsletter.

  • lilyk said:  

    I subscribed by email.

  • tina reynolds said:  

    I would love to try the Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter plus its organic thanks for the chance to win eaglesforjack@gmail.com

  • Leave your response!