, , ,

Offworld by Robin Parrish

Thursday, August 20, 2009 Leave a Comment

I love to read, as you can probably tell by the massive amount of book reviews I do on my blog. I like to read a lot of different genres too, mysteries, historical, biographical, and so on, I enjoy them all.

I always am on the lookout for fantasy and science fiction books for Amber and Hubby to read, as those are the type of books they prefer.

When I was given the opportunity from Bethany House to review Offworld by Robin Parrish, I snapped it up. A team of four astronauts returning to Earth from a mission to Mars, only to come back to nobody (well that's the initial thought). That's right no one is left on Earth! A Ha, I thought, a book for Hubby!

I have not had a chance to read this yet, I have been busy with other challenges and the impending visit of my parents (which means I'm cleaning frantically!), so I forced the book into Hubby's hands and told him to get busy reading!

Hubby is not a person of many words, and a book review is too much to ask from him, but I did manage to drag the following out of him:

Offworld is a little hard to follow and confusing at the beginning, that made it a little frustrating for him to read at first. However, the farther you get into the book the more is explained, so if you are like him and want gratification instantly, don't let that deter you from reading it, he assures me that indeed all the confusion that he had in the earlier chapters was dealt with to fulfill the plot.

Hubby found the characters a little too "touch feely" for his linking, but then I've never known him to appreciate character development in any book or movie. He's far more into the thrill of the book, which he tells me there is plenty of between the pages.

One of things he liked about Offworld, is that there is no objectionable content in it. When he can read a book and pass it on to our 13 year old daughter to read, that garners a high spot for it on the bookshelf.

If you are interested in a "visual" sneak peak of Offworld, here is a trailer for it:



You can also read the first chapter of the book at the official Robin Parrish website, as well as find a boatload of other goodies there. Offworld is available for purchase at Amazon.com.

0 comments »

Leave your response!