,

The Blue Star Giveaway

Wednesday, August 19, 2009 Leave a Comment


The Blue Star (8/26/2009) by Tony Earley is the sequel to his first novel Jim The Boy.

The Blue Star takes place in the small town of Aliceville, NC during the early 1940s. In this sequel Jim is no longer a boy but a senior in high school, in love with a girl who he probably shouldn't be.

Books that are written, placing you in this era, are often referred to as being part of a "simpler" time. While in consumerism and technology that may be so, nothing is ever simple about relationships and world events no matter what era it takes place in, and Earley captures that in this book.

With no mysteries to solve, the absence of intrigue or big city lights, it is surprising but true that Tony Earley manages to keep you turning the pages of this book with the pure simple telling of a young man on the brink of responsibility.

The story culminates in the title and Jim's achievement of manhood, with recognition in the window of his childhood home; a banner with The Blue Star.

Hachette Book Group is sponsoring a giveaway for 5 readers of my blog to receive a copy of The Blue Star by Tony Earley.

To enter this giveaway just leave a comment letting me know that you are interested in a chance at winning.

For extra entries you can:

1. Follow my blog publicly
2. Subscribe to my feed via e-mail or reader
3. Add my button to your sidebar
4. Follow me on twitter and tweet about this giveaway (this can be done daily)
5. Blog about this giveaway linking back to me

This giveaway is open to residents of Canada and the U.S. ages 18+ (no P.O. boxes), and by entering you are acknowledging that you have read and agreed to both my **About Reviews (at the bottom of the page) and my Privacy/Rules. The giveaway will end on September 1, 2009 at 11:59 pm cst. Winners will be notified via e-mail and have 48 hours to respond with shipping information.

85 comments »

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'm certainly interested in a chance to win this book. I'd love to read The lue Star.

    bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I subscribe via email.

    bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Ms. Anita said:  

    I'm interested in winning. Love books like this!

    roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com

  • Ms. Anita said:  

    I follow your blog publicly.

    roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com

  • Ms. Anita said:  

    I follow you on Twitter & tweeted for 8/19:

    http://twitter.com/HSBSuzanne/status/3410755220

    roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com

  • Laurie said:  

    I'd love to check this book out.

    lauriemac982 at aol dot com

  • Marjorie/cenya2 said:  

    I am a follower and would love to win this book. Jasmine

    jsroger at shaw dot ca

  • L. J. Lowe said:  

    I subscribe via Google Reader which is how I knew about this giveaway.

  • L. J. Lowe said:  

    snagged your button: http://convenientlysimplistic.blogspot.com/

  • L. J. Lowe said:  

    i follow on twitter and tweeted about it: http://twitter.com/ConvenientlySim/status/3437632530

  • Ms. Anita said:  

    I tweeted for 8/20:

    http://twitter.com/HSBSuzanne/status/3440110104

    roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com

  • K. Rock said:  

    I would like to win this. Thanks for the chance.

  • K. Rock said:  

    I get your feed in a reader.

  • Amber said:  

    I would love to win!
    Thank you for the giveaway :)
    hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Amber said:  

    I follow your blog!
    Thank you for the giveaway :)
    hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com

  • abfantom said:  

    This sounds like an interesting book that I'd like to read. Please enter me in the giveaway.

    abfantom at yahoo dot com

  • mverno said:  

    i wanna win mverno@roadrunner.com

  • taterbug said:  

    This sounds like a great book - count me in the running. I would love to have a copy.

  • taterbug said:  

    I subscribe via Google Reader.

  • taterbug said:  

    I follow on Twitter (taterbugtx) and tweeted:
    http://twitter.com/taterbugtx/status/3462518147

  • David Johnson said:  

    I'd like to win this book, thanks for the chance.

  • mindy said:  

    i would love to win this thanks minsthins at optonline dot net

  • Nancy said:  

    I'd enjoy reading this book. Thansk!

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

  • Nancy said:  

    I am also an e-mail subscriber.

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

  • Nancy said:  

    I also follow with Google Friends.

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

  • Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom said:  

    This sounds like a wonderful book - I do love books about "simpler times"...thanks!

    mandjregan at gmail dot com

  • Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom said:  

    I follow you on twitter and I tweeted:
    http://twitter.com/EightyMPHMom/status/3496723566

  • Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom said:  

    I follow your blog:
    Eighty MPH Mom

    mandjregan at gmail dot com

  • Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom said:  

    I subscribe via Google Reader
    mandjregan at gmail dot com

  • Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom said:  

    Your button is on my sidebar:
    http://www.eightymphmom.com

  • danosor said:  

    I'd love to win this book.

  • Ms. Anita said:  

    I tweeted for 8/23:

    http://twitter.com/HSBSuzanne/status/3504021674

    roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com

  • Ms. Anita said:  

    I tweeted for 8/24:

    http://twitter.com/HSBSuzanne/status/3526923906

    roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com

  • Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom said:  

    8-24 RT
    http://twitter.com/EightyMPHMom/status/3527613015

  • Anonymous said:  

    Please enter my name in you draw. Thanks.
    wandanamgreb (at) gmail (dot) com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I just became a follower of your blog.
    wandanamgreb (at) gmail (dot) com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I subscribe via Google Reader.
    wandanamgreb (at) gmail (dot) com

  • Ms. Anita said:  

    I tweeted for 8/25:

    http://twitter.com/HSBSuzanne/status/3549578740

    roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com

  • Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom said:  

    8-25 RT
    http://twitter.com/EightyMPHMom/status/3549677834

  • jwx4 said:  

    Enter me please.
    jwx4 at yahoo dot com

  • Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom said:  

    8-26 RT
    http://twitter.com/EightyMPHMom/status/3568798460

  • Ms. Anita said:  

    I tweeted for 8/26:

    http://twitter.com/HSBSuzanne/status/3570160355

    roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com

  • Ms. Anita said:  

    I tweeted for 8/27:

    http://twitter.com/HSBSuzanne/status/3584534004

    roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com

  • Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom said:  

    8-28 RT
    http://twitter.com/EightyMPHMom/status/3618132853

  • Ms. Anita said:  

    I tweeted about this for 8/28:

    http://twitter.com/HSBSuzanne/status/3618488865

    roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com

  • Ms. Anita said:  

    I tweeted for 8/29:

    http://twitter.com/HSBSuzanne/status/3634890435

    roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com

  • Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom said:  

    8-29 RT
    http://twitter.com/EightyMPHMom/status/3635905646

  • Andrea said:  

    I love this sort of book.

    andie.v107(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Carol EL said:  

    I would like to win this. jelly15301@gmail.com

  • Carol EL said:  

    E-mail subscriber. jelly15301@gmail.com

  • Carol EL said:  

    Blog follower. jelly15301@gmail.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    OH YES! I AM interested in winning this book. It sounds great.

    May Schultz
    may041827@yahoo.com

  • Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom said:  

    8-30 RT
    http://twitter.com/EightyMPHMom/status/3654253397

  • Ms. Anita said:  

    I tweeted for 8/30:

    http://twitter.com/HSBSuzanne/status/3656620107

    roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'd love the chance to win.
    erma.hurtt@sbcglobal.net

  • Kimberly said:  

    This looks like a good book. I'd like to win it.

  • Ellie Wright said:  

    I love to read books set in this time period. Thanks for the giveaway.

  • Nickolay said:  

    This looks like some great late Summer reading

    jason(at)allworldautomotive(dot)com

  • Unknown said:  

    This NC gal would love to read this! I am always interested in how our state is portrayed in literature. Thanks for the chance!

    sherri419 at gmail dot com

  • Anonymous said:  

    Please enter me!

    theyyyguy@yahoo.com

  • Ms. Anita said:  

    I tweeted for 8/31:

    http://twitter.com/HSBSuzanne/status/3681789677

    roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com

  • Marianna said:  

    I'd love to win - thanks for the chance

  • Ms. Anita said:  

    I tweeted for 9/1:

    http://twitter.com/HSBSuzanne/status/3692303303

    roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com

  • js22 said:  

    I'd love to win! This book sounds great!

    Thanks for the giveaway!
    email in blogger profile.

  • js22 said:  

    i follow on twitter - js22222222 .
    tweet: http://twitter.com/js22222222/status/3695141518

    email in blogger profile.

  • Sheila Hickmon said:  

    I'm very interested in this book! Thanks for the chance!
    hawkgirl_16{at}hotmail{dot}com

  • phxbne said:  

    tweet http://twitter.com/phxbne/status/3698903370

  • Tiffany819 said:  

    I would love to win! Thank you!

    tiffanys819 at gmail dot com

  • Charlene Kuser said:  

    I would love to read The Blue Star,
    sounds like an interesting book

    CharlieGurl57@aol.com

  • Charlene Kuser said:  

    Following your blog

    CharlieGurl57@aol.com

  • Charlene Kuser said:  

    Subscribe via email

    CharlieGurl57@aol.com

  • Charlene Kuser said:  

    Follow and Tweet:Swtlilchick
    http://twitter.com/Swtlilchick/status/3704706055

    CharlieGurl57@aol.com

  • 07violet said:  

    I am interested in a chance at winning, it sounds good.

    alterna7 at hotmail dot com

  • 07violet said:  

    following

    alterna7 at hotmail dot com

  • 07violet said:  

    subscribed

    alterna7 at hotmail dot com

  • lilyk said:  

    I am interested in a chance at winning. Thanks for the great contest!

  • lilyk said:  

    I subscribed by email.

  • Leave your response!