,

The Gift of an Ordinary Day by Katrina Kenison Review & Giveaway

Saturday, August 22, 2009 Leave a Comment


A Mother's Memoir
by Katrina Kenison (author of Mitten Strings from God)


Through her own story of midlife upheaval, Katrina Kenison invites mothers to rediscover the wonder of ordinary days with their families as they approach the changes that come with children growing up.


I have to say I absolutely loved this book.

Expressively written, filled with substantial and immeasurable considerations of how we parent and what makes us successful and content in that pursuit.

This is one book mothers of teenagers will not want to miss reading, as the author's poignant thoughts will, without a doubt, make you pause and consider; at least it did me. What are we aspiring for the children we are raising, and how are we going about accomplishing that (or not!)?

Upon finishing reading, I truly thanked the Lord for the gifts of ordinary days. Something I don't seem to do often enough.


Hachette Books provided me with a review copy of The Gift of an Ordinary Day. They are also letting me host a giveaway of 5 copies!
To enter:
  1. Leave a comment just letting me know you want to enter. If you have additional entries, leave them in another comment.
  2. Let me know if you subscribe to my blog via RSS or e-mail.
  3. Let other people know about this giveaway! Follow me on Twitter and tweet about it. Let me know the permalink of your tweet.
  4. Follow my blog publicly.
  5. Add my button to your website.
This giveaway is open to US and Canadian residents ages 18+ (no PO Boxes). This giveaway will end on September 6, 2009 at 11:59 pm cst. Winners will have 48 hours to respond with their shipping address or an alternate winner will be chosen. By entering this giveaway you acknowledge that you have read and agree to my Privacy/Rules.


121 comments »

  • Anonymous said:  

    I want to enter this giveaway, and I'd love to win it as well.

    bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I subscribe vie email.

    bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Nancy said:  

    This sounds like a fascinating book.

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

  • Nancy said:  

    I am an e-mail subscriber.

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

  • Nancy said:  

    I also follow publicly with Google Friends.

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

  • Marjorie/cenya2 said:  

    I am an email subscriber and would love to win this great book.

    cenya2 at hotmail dot com

  • Unknown said:  

    I would like to enter.

  • Unknown said:  

    Email subscriber

    bjhopper(at)me(dot)com

  • Unknown said:  

    Twitter follower & tweet

    http://twitter.com/bridget3420/status/3482017197

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would love to win this book,
    I am a new email subscriber.

    jsrogers at shaw dot ca

  • mverno said:  

    i want to enter mverno@roadrunner.com

  • David Johnson said:  

    Please count me in, thanks.

  • Jana said:  

    Great review of the book, makes me wanna read it. I would love to enter & better yet WIN! :-)

    dropcqueen@yahoo.com

  • Jana said:  

    I subscribe via e-mail

    dropcqueen@yahoo.com

  • Jana said:  

    I follow on twitter and tweeted.

    http://twitter.com/dropcqueen/status/3492428834

    dropcqueen@yahoo.com

  • Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom said:  

    Oh, I would SO love to win this book...you see my son is 19 and away at college and my daughter just turned 13. It is so strange to have older kids, and I am fearing the day when they leave the nest. This book sounds like something I really NEED to read! Thank you!

    mandjregan at gmail dot com

  • Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom said:  

    I follow you on Blogger (Eighty MPH Mom)

  • Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom said:  

    Your button is on my blog:
    http://www.eightymphmom.com

    (middle column, 2nd set)

    mandjregan at gmail dot com

  • Sunnyvale said:  

    this sounds like a book I would enjoy reading

  • Elsie said:  

    How delightful to find such an interesting book giveaway, I am so curious!

    pumpkinlady430@yahoo.com

  • demmi said:  

    please enter me in the book giveaway con5459(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Kristen said:  

    This sounds like a fantastic book - I'd love to win it! Thank you!

  • Nicole C. said:  

    I would love to enter!!

    choateorama(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Angela R. said:  

    Would love to win this for my mom!

  • Suburban prep said:  

    Though not a mother but the oldest of 7 siblings I think this would be an insightful read.

  • Lisa said:  

    Please enter me.
    iluvchrisnlevi@aol.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would love to read this book! Please enter me!
    Zoe0825@verizon.net

  • Laurie said:  

    I'd like to enter. I'm always looking for a new book to read.

    lauriemac982 at aol dot com

  • Laurie said:  

    I follow your blog

    lauriemac982 at aol dot com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would love to be entered in this draw. Thanks!
    wandanamgreb (at) gmail (dot) com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I am a follower of your blog.
    wandanamgreb (at) gmail (dot) com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I subscribe through Google Reader.
    wandanamgreb (at) gmail (dot) com

  • Heidi V said:  

    This book sounds like a great read!

    Thanks
    heidivargas [at] live dot com

  • Terra Heck said:  

    I'd like to read this book. Please count me in to win.
    partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • Terra Heck said:  

    email subscriber
    partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • Terra Heck said:  

    I follow your blog.
    partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'd like to win; the title alone is intriguing. THank you.
    msurosey@yahoo.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    subscriber

    msurosey@yahoo.com

  • Winning Readings said:  

    I'd love to read this!

    janemaritz at yahoo dot com

  • sweetsue said:  

    I would like to be entered-I need to quit taking the little things for granted.
    smchester at gmail dot com

  • sweetsue said:  

    I follow your blog.
    smchester at gmail dot com

  • Winning Readings said:  

    We've posted about this at Winning Readings:

    http://winningreadings.blogspot.com/2009/08/gift-of-ordinary-day_29.html

    janemaritz at yahoo dot com

  • mindy said:  

    i would love to enter for this thanks minsthins at optonline dot net

  • remarker/fcffollower said:  

    I want to enter - your comment about mother's with teenagers got me hooked!

  • Belinda M said:  

    Please include me in your giveaway


    Canadian Contests, Freebies, Coupons, Deals, Games and Chat - join us at CoolCanucks.ca


    bluebelle0367(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • Belinda M said:  

    I am an email subscriber

    Canadian Contests, Freebies, Coupons, Deals, Games and Chat - join us at CoolCanucks.ca


    bluebelle0367(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • Belinda M said:  

    I follow your blog


    Canadian Contests, Freebies, Coupons, Deals, Games and Chat - join us at CoolCanucks.ca


    bluebelle0367(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • Belinda M said:  

    I follow on twitter as Prairiebelle and tweeted


    http://twitter.com/Prairiebelle/status/3660880184


    Canadian Contests, Freebies, Coupons, Deals, Games and Chat - join us at CoolCanucks.ca


    bluebelle0367(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • grammy said:  

    I would love to win this book.

  • Andrea said:  

    Please enter me into this giveaway, I think my mother would love to read this.

    andie.v107(at)yahoo(com)

  • Mana Laura said:  

    Hello, I'd love to be entered into the giveaway! thanks for hosting it!
    My email address is lauraleighanderson(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    Count me in! It sounds like a great book. {mikaroni at gmail dot com}

  • Anonymous said:  

    I subscribe via email. {mikaroni at gmail dot com}

  • Anonymous said:  

    I follow you on Twitter (@wkiskizt). Tweet: http://twitter.com/wkiskizt/status/3749718617

    {mikaroni at gmail dot com}

  • Anonymous said:  

    I follow your blog publicly. {mikaroni at gmail dot com}

  • Curling up by the Fire said:  

    I teach teenagers and my son will soon be a teenager so I am interested in reading this book.

  • Sweeter the berry said:  

    I am the mother of a 16 year old and would love to read this book. I'm always looking for helpful ideas and info, thanks. letessha@yahoo.com

  • Sweeter the berry said:  

    I am an email subscriber to your blog.
    letessha@yahoo.com

  • Sweeter the berry said:  

    I am following your blog.
    letessha@yahoo.com

  • Sweeter the berry said:  

    I follow on twitter and tweeted
    http://twitter.com/dahliamomma/status/3774549908

    letessha@yahoo.com

  • Molly C. said:  

    Sounds like a great book, would love the chance to win it.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I love to read and this looks interesting.
    erma.hurtt@sbcglobal.net

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would like to enter! Happy Weekend!

    theyyyguy@yahoo.com

  • Unknown said:  

    Sounds like a really good read...and with 2 teenagers, I could use the help! Thanks!

    sherri419 at gmail dot com

  • Melanie Montgomery said:  

    I would love to enter!



    clarkmurdock@yahoo.com

  • Christina said:  

    Christina - xristya@rock.com - I want to enter to win this lovely book!

  • Candie L said:  

    I would like my name to be added for this giveaway. Thank you

    candieluster(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Candie L said:  

    I am an email subscriber. Thanks

    candieluster(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Candie L said:  

    I am following your blog. Thank you

    candieluster(at)gmail(dot)c0m

  • Sheila Hickmon said:  

    Sounds like a great read! Please enter me!

    hawkgirl_16{at}hotmail{dot}com

  • Sheila Hickmon said:  

    I subscribe via email!

    hawkgirl_16{at}hotmail{dot}com

  • Sheila Hickmon said:  

    I follow your blog! mom2anutball

    hawkgirl_16{at}hotmail{dot}com

  • Anonymous said:  

    Thanking you for posting such a wonderful contest. I love to read count me in.~ Amy (amyinkamloops *AT* gmail.com)

  • Lisa said:  

    Please enter me. Thank you.
    iluvchrisnlevi@aol.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    This book sounds awesome. Please enter me. Thanks for the chance.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I subscribe via email.
    fefebelkin(at)live[dot]com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I follow you on twitter as fefemarie09 and tweeted: http://twitter.com/fefemarie09/status/3801591432
    fefebelkin(at)live[dot]com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I follow you through google friend connect.
    fefebelkin(at)live[dot]com

  • Lee P said:  

    Sounds like a good book!Thank you for this giveaway and please count me in.

    chinook92(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Lee P said:  

    I subscribe to your blog via email.

    chinook92(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Lee P said:  

    I follow you on Twitter as chinook92 and Tweeted:

    http://twitter.com/chinook92/status/3802025903

    chinook92(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Lee P said:  

    I publicly follow your blog.

    chinook92(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Stitchin in the Sip said:  

    This sounds like such a good read. I would love to win.....

    Thanks

    ryspenc@yahoo.com

  • susan1215 said:  

    Sounds like a good book

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'd love to enter, thanks for the chance!

  • Ginny said:  

    I'd love a chance to read this book

  • Gloria's Bits and Pieces said:  

    Would really love to win this!

    kngmckellar@hotmail.com

  • Gloria's Bits and Pieces said:  

    subscribe email
    kngmckellar@hotmail.com

  • Gloria's Bits and Pieces said:  

    follow blog as kngmckellar

    kngmckellar@hotmail.com

  • Gloria's Bits and Pieces said:  

    http://twitter.com/kngmckellar/status/3804619892

    follow on twitter and tweeted
    kngmckellar@hotmail.com

  • tina reynolds said:  

    i would really like to win this book thanks for the chance to win eaglesforjack@gmail.com

  • tina reynolds said:  

    i follow thanks for the chance to win eaglesforjack@gmail.com

  • tina reynolds said:  

    i subscribe thanks for the chance to win eaglesforjack@gmail.com

  • tina reynolds said:  

    i tweeted thanks for the chance to win eaglesforjack@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/eaglesforjack/status/3806379966

  • Mishia said:  

    I'd love to enter.
    mishiareads(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Lisanne624 said:  

    Sounds like a great read! Throw my name in the hat!

    lahlstedt (at) gmail (dot) com

  • Kelly g said:  

    I want to enter this giveaway

  • Anonymous said:  

    I want to enter to win this great book. garrettsambo@aol.com

  • Tiffany819 said:  

    I would love a chance to win! thank you!!

    tiffanys819 at gmail dot com

  • Ms. Anita said:  

    I want to enter... please? :)

    roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com

  • Ms. Anita said:  

    I subscribe to your blog via email.

    roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com

  • Ms. Anita said:  

    I follow your blog publicly.

    roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com

  • Ms. Anita said:  

    I tweeted about it:

    http://twitter.com/HSBSuzanne/status/3812490940

    roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com

  • Charlene Kuser said:  

    I would love to read this book,sounds
    like it is written from the heart

    CharlieGurl57@aol.com

  • Charlene Kuser said:  

    Subscriber via email

    CharlieGurl57@aol.com

  • Charlene Kuser said:  

    Follow and Tweet:Swtlilchick
    http://twitter.com/Swtlilchick/status/3812612047

    CharlieGurl57@aol.com

  • Charlene Kuser said:  

    Following your blog

    CharlieGurl57@aol.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    This looks like a good read!

  • Anonymous said:  

    subscribe via email

  • Anonymous said:  

    follow on twitter and tweeted

    http://twitter.com/Ardy22/status/3812705078

  • Anonymous said:  

    follow your blog

  • lilyk said:  

    Please enter me into the contest. Thanks!

  • /\Heather/\ said:  

    I would love to read this. Thank you!

  • lilyk said:  

    I subscribed by email.

  • Leave your response!