, , ,

Yummy Alternative for Motion Sickness

Friday, July 31, 2009 Leave a Comment

When I heard about Queasy Pop Kids, a natural way to ease motion sickness, I was instantly intrigued and asked Three Lollies if I could feature them on my blog.

With all the traveling we do by car, plane and ship, it's inevitable that sometime during our vacation either Amber or myself gets motion sickness.

Since I already take prescription pills for a number of physical ailments, I really try to limit the amount of over the counter medications I take. Amber, in general, just has problems swallowing pills, plus I really try and limit the amount of medication she takes, pain relief or otherwise.

Here is a bit about Queasy Pops from their website:

I had requested them in time for a day trip that I knew we were going to take yesterday. We took a car ride in which we drove for about 1 1/2 hours each way. Now generally that's not a problem, but in summer with the sun beating in the windows and a tummy filled from breakfast out, I was anticipating hearing from the back seat "Mom, I don't feel very good". With that expectation I had the Queasy Pop Kids ready. Of course, that didn't happen (rolls eyes).

Fortunately for the sake of this review, after we arrived home a few hours later, bellies filled with ice cream now, I had the chance to give Amber one of the Queasy Pop Kids. She chose a cola flavored one, and right away gave the taste a thumbs up. I assume that the properties that allow it to be effective in easing motion sickness worked as we had no sickness incidents due to a queasy tummy.

Q
ueasy Pop Kids come in 7 flavors; Peppermint, Cinnamon, Natural Cola, Natural Green Apple, Sour Raspberry, Sour Lemon, & Papaya. You get one of each in a box. They have a store finder on their website, or you can purchase them online as well. They have an mrsp of $3.95 a box, which is right in line with the cost of most motion sickness pills.

I know that Queasy Pop Kids will always be with us when we travel in our car or on a plane. I surely will take them with us on the ship next year as well as we sail across the Atlantic, I'm anxious to see whether they can hold us up for 14 days to alleviate the motion sickness!

I would like to share a box from the samples that Three Lollies sent to me.

To enter this giveaway just tell me which flavor you think your kids (or you!) would like best?

For extra entries you can: (leave each as a separate comment)

1. Follow me on twitter and tweet this giveaway (you can do this daily)
2. Follow my blog publicly
3. Subscribe to my RSS Feed
4. Add my button to your blog

This Giveaway will end on August 6th, 2009 at 11:59 pm cst, and is open to US and Canadian Residents ages 18+.

17 comments »

  • Cjnedrow said:  

    I would choose cinnamon. This sounds like something I would really like to try!
    cjnedrow@gmail.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I think my kids (and hubby who gets motion sick) would like the Cola flavor best.

  • aredfern@insightbb.com said:  

    I would choose papaya, but my daughter is a different story. She would probably choose cola.
    Thank you

  • mverno said:  

    sour raspberry mverno@roadrunner.com

  • MOMFOREVERANDEVER said:  

    mrs.mommyyatgmaildotcom
    cola

    count me in

    Everyone have a great week!

  • HilLesha Anderson said:  

    Cinnamon =)

    lilacbutterfly [at] earthlink.net

  • debbie78 said:  

    If its going to be sour mys well be lemon. Please enter me, thank you

  • Prissy said:  

    I think I would choose Cinnamon. This sounds like a great product! I would love to try it out.
    pw0105(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would pick the Cola flavor.
    erma.hurtt@sbcglobal.net

  • Jessilyn82 said:  

    I'd love to try the cola flavor

  • Jessilyn82 said:  

    I follow on Twitter as Jessilyn82 and tweeted http://twitter.com/Jessilyn82/status/3161749349

  • blogggggg said:  

    The Natural Green Apple sounds good!

    wordsmoveme at gmail dot com

  • blogggggg said:  

    I subscribe to your RSS feed!

    wordsmoveme at gmail dot com

  • lilyk said:  

    I love the Natural Green Apple flavor!

  • lilyk said:  

    I subscribed to your feed.

  • Leave your response!