, ,

Scenarios for Girls: Review & Giveaway

Thursday, July 23, 2009 Leave a Comment


Remember when you were a young teenager and faced with a decision, you knew what was right, but peer pressure stared you in the face?

Whatever your choice might have been, don't you wish you could have seen the consequences of either before you chose?

That option gives freshness to the new series of books by Nicole O'Dell aimed at teenage girls; "Scenarios for Girls". The first two books in the series Truth or Dare and All That Glitters will be available on August 1st.

If you are in your 30s like I am, you may note having read similar type books where you "chose your own adventure", but O'Dell's "choose your own consequence" twist on them offers revealing lessons on situations our daughters or other young ladies in our life may encounter.

Truth or Dare focuses on Lindsay's choice and consequences of doing something illegal vs. being accepted in a friendship circle. All That Glitters, has Drew choosing between pleasing her boyfriend and doing what's right.

I love the concept of the these books. Seeing both consequences of a scenario is a powerful teaching tool. Wrapped up in a book full of fun characters makes it even more so. The Christian message in them is spelled out plainly, understandably and is Biblical.

As the mother of a 13 year old myself, I personally did not care for the "boyfriend" theme in books written and marketed for young girls this age. With schoolwork, fluctuating hormones and fragile emotions the last thing a young teenager needs is a relationship with a boy and I feel Christian books written for young teen girls need not highlight that. I'm not naive enough to think though that outside the four walls of my home, there aren't middle/high school girls who are boy crazy or who want a boyfriend, as a matter of fact my niece is one of them. She would be one who would eat these books up, and honestly they are likely much better content then the books she currently reads.

With a commitment pledge and prayer at the back of the book, young ladies can feel encourage to follow in the Lord's ways and be held accountable for their decisions and actions, and that is always a good thing.

You can pre-order the books before they are released at Amazon.com for $7.97 each. And you can read an excerpt from them on her website.


13 comments »

  • mverno said:  

    love to win mverno@Roadrunner.com

  • Nicole O'Dell said:  

    Tammy,

    Thanks so much for the review. I'm enjoying your blo. I look forward to hanging out here with your readers this week, and then finding out who wins the set of books.

    Blessings everyone!

  • zekebamm said:  

    Very nice, I would love to be your winner.

  • Nicole O'Dell said:  

    Thanks so much everyone! :)

  • Nia said:  

    I would love to read this book

  • Anonymous said:  

    so little time..allthe good bnook. thanks.

  • Miranda Ward said:  

    looks like a great read

  • chromiumman said:  

    would love this

    chromiumman (at) mail (dot) com

  • Nicole O'Dell said:  

    Thank you all for your interest!

    And, I agree, so many good books out there...so little time! :)

    Blessings!!

  • Leave your response!