, , , ,

Jetheads Disposable Airline Pillowcases - Review & Giveaway

Friday, July 17, 2009 Leave a Comment

The Perfect Airline Travel Accessory


I'm not a huge germaphobe. I do hate bugs however. Not your average garden kind, more like the teeny tiny invisi-bugs that live on people's heads and skin. When we travel via car, I always bring my own pillow wherever we go. That's not always easy to do when flying though, and my family will testify that I lift mattresses and check for bugs in each hotel room we stay in.

With the rising costs of air travel and the diminishing services they offer, it probably doesn't come as a huge surprise that airlines don't change the covers on the pillows they offer for use after every flight. Which is why I ball up my sweater or jacket and lean on it. That however, does not thrill me to do for our flight home next year from Barcelona. 8 hours using my jacket as a pillow is not enticing.

Jethead pillowcases have come to my rescue, through the Parent Reviewers Travel With Me blog tour! These disposable pillowcases are a very good way of protecting your family from previous passengers potential germs and (I don't even want to think about it eww...) bugs.

The fabric used in the manufacturing is soft on the skin. The only thing that I could see on them that could even be counted as negative is minuscule. The serged ends on the threads are clipped a little long and it detracts a bit from the look of them (it makes them seem not so quality, but they are it is just a perception of the longish threads). Since they are to be disposed after use, that was probably not worth mentioning, but it may bother some people.

I wish they would sell them in different colors or patterns as well (hint hint). Licensed characters would certainly attract children to them!

I would recommend these if you are planning on airline travel with your family. This is an extremely functional travel accessory. While it may seem a little pricey at $5.95 for a package of two (available at Travel With Me), look at it as cheap insurance from a ruined vacation due to sickness or infestation or from a heyday of doctors visits when you return home.

Please read **About Reviews at the bottom of this page.

Since I received more Jethead pillowcases to review than I can use with my family, I am going to give away 2 packages (a total of 4 pillow cases) to one reader.

To enter just let me know where your next airline travel destination will be.

For Extra Entries (please leave a comment for each one you are eligible for):

1. Blog about this giveaway and link back to me and Travel With Me.
2. Follow me on twitter.
3. Tweet this giveaway, I've made it easy, just press the retweet button in the upper corner of this post and leave your twitter link in the comments.
4. Follow my blog publicly.
5. Subscribe to my feed via e-mail or reader.
6. Add my button to your blog.

This giveaway is open to US and Canadian Residents ages 18+, and will end on July 26th, 2009 at 11:59 pm cst.

63 comments »

  • Unknown said:  

    to mexico. so we could really use this.amsbolda@hotmail.com

  • Unknown said:  

    follow u on twitter. 1amypugmire. amsbolda@hotmail.com

  • Unknown said:  

    I follow u. amsbolda@hotmail.com

  • Unknown said:  

    email subscriber. amsbolda@hotmail.com

  • Unknown said:  

    subscribe to your feed. amsbolda@hotmail.com

  • Unknown said:  

    I have your button. amsbolda@hotmail.com

  • Unknown said:  

    tweeted. amsbolda@hotmail.com

    http://twitter.com/1amypugmire

  • slb3334 said:  

    Not sure but maybe MN.

  • Shannon Wallace said:  

    1. Most likely, 99.5% sure it would be home to San Antonio, TX :o)

    Thanks for the giveaway!!!

  • Shannon Wallace said:  

    2. I follow your blog :o)

  • Shannon Wallace said:  

    3. I subscribe to your lovely blog!

  • Shannon Wallace said:  

    5. I have your button on my blog,
    www.shannonstampsforfun.blogspot.com

  • nightowl said:  

    My next travel destination will probably be to San Diego to visit relatives.

  • Anonymous said:  

    to the Mediterranean-Italy, France, Greece.

    bgcchs@yahoo.com

  • nightowl said:  

    I Follow you on twitter.
    (winsome6)

  • nightowl said:  

    I follwo your blog publicly.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I subscribe via email.

    bgcchs@yahoo.com

  • nightowl said:  

    I subscribe by email.

  • ChristyJan said:  

    My 18 year old son is planning a trip to Oregon ~ these would be great!

    hawkes(at)citlink.net

  • ChristyJan said:  

    I follow

    hawkes(at)citlink.net

  • mverno said:  

    boston mverno@raodrunner.com

  • Darlene said:  

    I am hoping our next destination will be Disney World.

  • Elena said:  

    We're heading to Washington, DC in February. Thanks for the contest!

  • grammyrivard said:  

    Our next visit will be out to my Mom in Arizona. And, NO, protecting oneself from germs nowadays is not silly, it's mandatory. Thanks for a useful giveaway. God's blessings to all...

  • Karen said:  

    Vegas baby :)

    ktgonyea at gmail.com

  • phxbne said:  

    tweeted - http://twitter.com/phxbne/status/2741459209

  • phxbne said:  

    follow on twitter - phxbne

  • Anonymous said:  

    This is awesome! We are going to Cairo in September and its a LONG flight - I'm also a bit of a germaphobe so this would be wonderful. Thanks for the giveaway!

    luckymegs1981 AT yahoo DOT com

  • Andria said:  

    I'm flying to Florida in January. Thank you.

  • grammyrivard said:  

    I subscribe via e-mail. Thanks for the giveaway. God's Blessings to all...

  • blogggggg said:  

    I will be flying to Florida to visit my grandmother!

    wordsmoveme at gmail dot com

  • blogggggg said:  

    I follow on twitter!
    username: wordsmoveme

    wordsmoveme at gmail dot com

  • blogggggg said:  

    I follow your blog!

    wordsmoveme at gmail dot com

  • blogggggg said:  

    I subscribe to your feed!

    wordsmoveme at gmail dot com

  • yellowlabs said:  

    To Ethiopia, as we are adopting a child from there and should be going next year to pick him or her up!

  • wendy wallach said:  

    I am going to hot springs next month

    madamerkf at aol dot com

  • electricisland said:  

    Next airline destination- Queanbeyan NSW Australia but dont know
    electricisland(at)gmail.com

  • electricisland said:  

    Subscribed! electricisland(at)gmail.com

  • Gloria's Bits and Pieces said:  

    Possibly to California!

    kngmckellar@hotmail.com

  • trixx said:  

    Our next trip is to the Bahamas, can't wait!

  • Marianna said:  

    We'll be headed to Seattle, WA in September

  • Marianna said:  

    I follow on twitter @mannabsn

  • carolpie said:  

    Germany, if possible!~

  • Tylerpants said:  

    We're thinking of going to Florida in a few months for my son's first trip to Disney World! tylerpants[at]gmail.com

  • Tylerpants said:  

    I'm a subscriber via Google Reader. tylerpants[at]gmail.com

  • Tylerpants said:  

    I'm a follower via Google Friends. tylerpants[at]gmail.com

  • Xenia said:  

    My husband and I are taking our first post-children trip alone at the end of next month to Las Vegas, I've never been there before!

    xpsundell at gmail dot com

  • Donna said:  

    I plan to go to LA in the fall.
    donna444444@yahoo.com

  • Donna said:  

    follow on twitter.(donnak4)
    donna444444@yahoo.com

  • Donna said:  

    subscriber
    donna444444@yahoo.com

  • Donna said:  

    follower
    donna444444@yahoo.com

  • Donna said:  

    Button on my blog.
    donna444444@yahoo.com

  • lilyk said:  

    My next next airline travel destination will be Los Angeles.

  • lilyk said:  

    I subscribed by email.

  • Leave your response!