The Inconvenient Adventures of Uncle Chestnut Giveaway
Monday, July 13, 2009
Leave a Comment
Based on the Life and Works of G.K. Chesterton
I have always loved reading. Since the time I was old enough to sound out words on my own, I've had a book at my side. As a child I often read works of author's well ahead of my years, including those of J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Leis and H.G. Wells. Some how or other I missed the works of G.K. Chesterton. Who? Exactly.
Interestingly enough, this man was one who inspired those of whose books I have enjoyed so much, yet I have never read his works before. However, I was introduced to him in a quaint and charming way with a review book of The Inconvenient Adventures of Uncle Chestnut by Paul Nowak.

Written primarily to introduce children to the writings and life of G.K. Chesterton in an up to date language, adults will appreciate the lessons and wisdom imparted to their charges, in the four short stories contained within this book.
These stories are written from the perspective of Jack, Uncle Chestnut's fictional nephew. Jack, whose parents are anthropologists travel due to their careers, is homeschooled and when Dad and Mom are traveling and Jack can't be with them, Uncle Chestnut takes over Jack's education. Jack "considers his 'lessons' from Uncle Chestnut to be more important than the lessons he would teach me from books". Music to a homeschoolers heart, no?
Another one of G.K. Chesterton's writings that Nowak chose to include among these short stories, is Uncle Chestnut's lesson on why stay at home moms are incredibly valuable. A story sure to grab the heartstrings of those of use who are (or want to be), yet are often pegged as inferior by our culture.
Closing off the book are pages of some of Chesterton's quotes, most of which will have you thinking, laughing or both!
I believe this is a book you would love to own, and have on your bookshelf. A perfect read aloud to engage all the ages of your family with, it's a keeper for generations. And no I have to scan my local library shelves to find some works by G.K. Chesterton to read for myself!
Please read **About Reviews at the bottom of the page.
The Inconvenient Adventures of Uncle Chestnut is available at Amazon.com for $7.88.
Paul Nowak is giving away a copy of The Inconvenient Adventures of Uncle Chestnut to one of my readers.
To enter this giveaway visit UncleChestnut.com and tell me something that you learned. (This must be completed for extra entries)
For extra entries (leave a separate comment for each completed):
1. Become a fan of Uncle Chestnut on Facebook.
2. Blog about this giveaway leaving a link back to me and to UncleChestnut.com
3. Follow me on twitter and Tweet this giveaway (can be done daily).
4. Follow my blog publicly.
5. Subscribe to my feed via e-mail or reader.
6. Add my button to your site.
This giveaway will end on July 23, 2009 at 11:59 pm cst, and is open to US residents ages 13+.
Interestingly enough, this man was one who inspired those of whose books I have enjoyed so much, yet I have never read his works before. However, I was introduced to him in a quaint and charming way with a review book of The Inconvenient Adventures of Uncle Chestnut by Paul Nowak.

Written primarily to introduce children to the writings and life of G.K. Chesterton in an up to date language, adults will appreciate the lessons and wisdom imparted to their charges, in the four short stories contained within this book.
These stories are written from the perspective of Jack, Uncle Chestnut's fictional nephew. Jack, whose parents are anthropologists travel due to their careers, is homeschooled and when Dad and Mom are traveling and Jack can't be with them, Uncle Chestnut takes over Jack's education. Jack "considers his 'lessons' from Uncle Chestnut to be more important than the lessons he would teach me from books". Music to a homeschoolers heart, no?
Another one of G.K. Chesterton's writings that Nowak chose to include among these short stories, is Uncle Chestnut's lesson on why stay at home moms are incredibly valuable. A story sure to grab the heartstrings of those of use who are (or want to be), yet are often pegged as inferior by our culture.
Closing off the book are pages of some of Chesterton's quotes, most of which will have you thinking, laughing or both!
I believe this is a book you would love to own, and have on your bookshelf. A perfect read aloud to engage all the ages of your family with, it's a keeper for generations. And no I have to scan my local library shelves to find some works by G.K. Chesterton to read for myself!
Please read **About Reviews at the bottom of the page.
The Inconvenient Adventures of Uncle Chestnut is available at Amazon.com for $7.88.
Paul Nowak is giving away a copy of The Inconvenient Adventures of Uncle Chestnut to one of my readers.
To enter this giveaway visit UncleChestnut.com and tell me something that you learned. (This must be completed for extra entries)
For extra entries (leave a separate comment for each completed):
1. Become a fan of Uncle Chestnut on Facebook.
2. Blog about this giveaway leaving a link back to me and to UncleChestnut.com
3. Follow me on twitter and Tweet this giveaway (can be done daily).
4. Follow my blog publicly.
5. Subscribe to my feed via e-mail or reader.
6. Add my button to your site.
This giveaway will end on July 23, 2009 at 11:59 pm cst, and is open to US residents ages 13+.




























I learned that you can sign up to receive a daily quote from G.K. Chesterton in your email.
partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com
I learned that this book was written at a 6th grade reading level for today’s students.
It was based on the writings and actual events in the life of G.K. Chesterton.
I susbcribe by email.
The book is based on the writings and actual events in the life of G.K. Chesterton.
traymona[at]aol.com
I learned that it's written at 6th grade reading level (perfect for my boys) and they have some pretty funny t-shirts.
s.mickelson at gmail dot com
can sign up to receive a daily quote from G.K. Chesterton mverno@roadrunner.com
What I learne: Written at a 6th grade reading level for today’s students, The Inconvenient Adventures of Uncle Chestnut draws primarily from Chesterton’s Tremendous Trifles and teaches the value of seeing everyday obstacles as exciting and unique adventures.
dag888888[at]yahoo[dot]com
Follower!
Google reader subscriber!
After the first small printing of books arrived, a few typographical errors were found. I could claim they were intentional, as Chesterton has said “If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly.”
follow
subscribe
Chesterton has said “If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly.”
I added this to my "Giveaways Galore" Mr. Linky
http://thefrugalkennedys.blogspot.com/2009/06/givaways-galore.html
I tweeted
http://twitter.com/MommyKennedy/statuses/2626231340
I follow your blog
I subscribe by email
The book is at 6th grade reading level. :)
misusedinnocence@aol.com
It was based on the writings and actual events in the life of G.K. Chesterton
suubscriber
I learned that it is written on a 6th grade reading level. Thanks!
I learned that you can get a copy of the first printing with an error in it for $5.
We loooove Chesterton in this house, we even have a G.K. Chesterton Christmas tree ornament:-)
I learned that you can order copies of the book with a few errors on his page for only $5. Thanks for the giveaway.
What I learnt:
Written at a 6th grade reading level for today’s students, The Inconvenient Adventures of Uncle Chestnut draws primarily from Chesterton’s Tremendous Trifles and teaches the value of seeing everyday obstacles as exciting and unique adventures.
spellbound18@hotmail.com
I learned that the first edition that was printed had a few typo's. OOPS!! I follow and subscribe to your blog. jwallace9@gmail.com
Thanks for the giveaway!
I learned that the artist for the Simpsons is a GK Chesterton fan... who woulda "thunk"! :)
roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com
I follow your blog publicly.
roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com
I'm subscribed to your feed.
roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com
I follow you on Twitter & tweeted for 7/15:
http://twitter.com/HSBSuzanne/status/2654162207
roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com
I want to win Uncle Chestnut!
delilah0180(at)yahoo(dot)com
Google reader subscriber!
Follower!
delilah0180(at)yahoo(dot)com
I learned that it is written at a 6th grade reading level for today’s students, The Inconvenient Adventures of Uncle Chestnut draws primarily from Chesterton’s Tremendous Trifles and teaches the value of seeing everyday obstacles as exciting and unique adventures.
hawkes(at)citlink.net
I follow your blog
hawkes(at)citlink.net
I'm a subscriber
hawkes(at)citlink.net
It was based on the writings and actual events in the life of G.K. Chesterton.
jason(at)allworldautomotive(dot)com
I tweeted for 7/16:
http://twitter.com/HSBSuzanne/status/2676949716
roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com
I tweeted for 7/17:
http://twitter.com/HSBSuzanne/status/2688750257
roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com
I blogged about this giveaway (including the appropriate links):
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Suzanne/708826/
roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com
I tweeted for 7/18: :)
http://twitter.com/HSBSuzanne/status/2706506756
roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com
I learned that you can sign up to receive a daily quote from G.K. Chesterton in your email.
ktgonyea at gmail.com
Ilearned that-Based on the writings and actual events in the life of G.K. Chesterton, this fictional book presents the wit and wisdom of the British writer in a considerably easier style for young people to read. jelly15301@gmail.com
Uncle Chestnut facebook fan. jelly15301@gmail.com
Yahoo reader subscriber. jelly15301@gmail.com
Blog follower. jelly15301@gmail.com
I learned that the book teaches the value of seeing everyday obstacles as exciting and unique adventures.
nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net
I follow your blog
nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net
I subscribe via email
nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net
I subscribe via reader
nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net
I follow on Twitter and I tweeted
nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net
I tweeted for 7/19:
http://twitter.com/HSBSuzanne/status/2731231363
roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com
I tweeted for 7/20:
http://twitter.com/HSBSuzanne/status/2741923138
roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com
It's written at a sixth grade reading level. Good to know.
I learned that you can sign up to receive a daily quote from G.K. Chesterton.
Thank you for the chance
tatertot374@sbcglobal.net
I learned that The Inconvenient Adventures of Uncle Chestnut draws primarily from Chesterton’s Tremendous Trifles and teaches the value of seeing everyday obstacles as exciting and unique adventures.
skyxsky27(at)gmail.com
subscribed, skyxsky27(at)gmail.com
I tweeted for 7/21:
http://twitter.com/HSBSuzanne/status/2768899896
roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com
I learned that it is written at a 6th grade level for today's students. Sounds great! Thanks!
sherri419 at gmail dot com
I learned that the books are based on the writings and actual events in the life of G.K. Chesterton. macd82 at gmail dot com
I tweeted for 7/22:
http://twitter.com/HSBSuzanne/status/2779593936
roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com
It is written at a sixth grade reading level!
theyyyguy@yahoo.com
I learned The Inconvenient Adventures of Uncle Chestnut is written at a 6th grade level
I follow!
I learned that an artist from the Simpsons created a cartoon based on G.K. Chesterton. That is really cool!
wordsmoveme at gmail dot com
the book is based on actual events con5459(at)gmail(dot)com
I tweeted for 7/23:
http://twitter.com/HSBSuzanne/status/2799912547
roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com
The book teaches the value of seeing everyday obstacles as exciting and unique adventures.
This book is "written at a 6th grade reading level," but can be enjoyed by all ages, according to the website!
it was written at 6th grade reading level
subscriber
follower
Mary
zenrei57 (at) hotmail (dot) com
I love Uncle Charlie LOL
And I learned that you can get a daily quote by G.K. Chesterton by simply signing up with your email addy (which I did) :)
They are written ata 6th grade reading level for today's students. garrettsambo@aol.com
I learned it's actually based on G. K. Chesterton's life.
Thanks!
pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net
i really liked this saying thanks so much for the chance to win eaglesforjack@gmail.com
If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly
i follow thanks for the chance to win eaglesforjack@gmail.com
i subscribe thanks for the chance to win eaglesforjack@gmail.com