, , , ,

Warm Mouse Heated Keyboard Review & Giveaway

Tuesday, June 30, 2009 Leave a Comment

About 5 years ago I was diagnosed with a condition called Raynaud's. The condition causes blood to not flow properly to fingers, toes and other parts of the body. I do take medication for it, but my hands and feet are still cold a lot of the time.

You will find me in socks most all of the time no matter the temperature, and I can't go into the freezer without my fingers turning white so I either have to get another family member to get things out or I have to wear gloves. Of the things I most enjoy doing, many of them are stationed right here at my computer.

Those would be surfing the Internet, blogging and playing World of Warcraft. But having my hand positioned on the mouse all day to do those activities is not comfortable with the loss of blood flow to them, and by the end of the day my hand is extremely achy or numb. When I was offered the chance to try an Infrared Ray product from Warm Mouse Heated Keyboards I was eager to try it. Infrared Rays are capable of penetrating deep into the human body where they elevate surface temperature and activate healthy body functions. I chose the ValueRays® Warm Mouse Pad.




When this arrived at my door, I opened it quickly and set it up right away. Two usb plugs are needed to use it. One for the four additional usb hubs on the mouse pad to work and one to activate the heat. The instructions noted to plug the red marked usb cable in to activate the infrared rays to heat the mouse pad, but mine weren't marked. It isn't rocket science though, so it was easy to figure out which cable did what. I am fortunate to have two usb outlets on my keyboard so I didn't even have to get under my desk and behind my computer tower to plug anything in.


This mouse pad really has kept my hand warm while using it. It has a wrist rest on it is as well to ergonomically help you keep a healthy position for your wrist while using your mouse. I've tried using a wrist rest in the past and honestly never felt comfortable using one. The same went for this one. However, I like the heating of the pad so much and it has helped soothe the pain in my hand, so I simply turned the mouse pad 90 degrees to its side and I use it like that. Works great for me that way!

The pad heats up within a few minutes and then stays at a temperature between 99 and 104 degrees after that point. It can get rather hot to the touch so make sure if you have young children around to keep it away from them when it is plugged in.

The four extra USB hubs on this mouse pad are a great bonus and make it easy to connect devices when needed right on your desktop.

This is the perfect device (think gifts here!) for anyone who suffers from conditions like mine (Raynaud's), Arthritis, and Carpal Tunnel to just name a few. Perhaps you are someone who just gets a "cold mouse hand" in winter, again perfect to resolve that issue. Free Shipping and No Sales Tax sweetens the deal!


Speaking of cold hands and computer mice, Warm Mouse Heated Keyboard also sells a ValueRays® Mouse Hand Warmer. This product is a heated mouse cover - an USB mini electric blanket for the mouse hand. It is a low, steady heat with a carbon fiber infrared heating element sewn inside the double layer of fleece.


Please read **About Reviews at the bottom of this page.

Warm Mouse Heated Keyboard has generously offered one my readers to win a ValueRays® Mouse Hand Warmer ($24.95 value)

To enter this giveaway visit Warm Mouse Heated Keyboard and tell me one unique piece of information you learned on their site.
This must be completed first in order to qualify for extra entries.


Extra Entries (leave a new comment for each one you are eligible for)
1. Subscribe to my RSS feed either by e-mail or reader.
2. Place my button on your blog.
3. Follow me on twitter and tweet about this giveaway (this can be done daily)
4. Blog about this giveaway with a link back to me and to Warm Mouse Heated Keyboard

5. Visit the Partners Page - Become a ValueRays Fan on Facebook & Follow "Warm_Mouse" on Twitter
6. Visit the Products Page - Which do you like best?


This giveaway will end on July 8, 2009 at 11:59 pm cst and is open to residents of the US ages 18+ only.


79 comments »

  • 2B4U said:  

    Excellent Review & Giveaway! Thanks!

  • Unknown said:  

    I leanred that Infrared heat delivers warmth to the hands, wrists & arms when using the keyboard. It also helps increase circulation and relieves tension. If you or someone you know suffers with cold hands when using the computer the ValueRays® products are an ideal solution. Infrared heat helps relieve pain from arthritis and cold from poor circulation. The USB heated computer keyboard pad works well with other ValueRays® Heated Computer Gadgets. amsbolda@hotmail.com

  • Unknown said:  

    I subscribe in a reader. amsbolda@hotmail.com

  • Unknown said:  

    I follow u on twitter and tweeted. amsbolda@hotmail.com

    http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/2407275340

  • Unknown said:  

    facebook fan of warm mouse heated keyboard. amy bolda pugmire. and I follow on twitter. 1amypugmire. amsbolda@hotmail.com

  • Unknown said:  

    I also really like the ValueRays Warm Mouse I. amsbolda@hotmal.com

  • MOMFOREVERANDEVER said:  

    not only keeps the hands and wrist warm but also helps with muscles

  • pamcallahan said:  

    These products not only provide warmth but also assist with hand pain.

    pamela.callahan@sbcglobal.net

  • The Dreamer said:  

    I think it's cool that it helps hand pain


    addeviant006 at gmail dot com

  • ChristyJan said:  

    Infrared heat has been effectively used to rid the body of unwanted, harmful environmental toxins and inhibit bacterial growth from these toxic substances.

    hawkes(at)citlink.net

  • ChristyJan said:  

    I'm a NEW subscriber.

    hawkes(at)citlink.net

  • nightowl said:  

    I learned that studies show about 20-30 minutes of infrared heat therapy daily produce positive results.

  • nightowl said:  

    I subscribe by email.

  • nightowl said:  

    I like the ValueRays® Warm Mouse III thay is coming soon.

  • mogrill said:  

    I have arthritis so this would be nice! Thanks for the chance. mogrill@comcast.net

  • Anonymous said:  

    My hands get very cold during the winter especially and I'm not talking about when I'm outside. I have been known to wear gloves in the house especially when I'm on the computer. Didn't realize that they had a product such as this.

  • VickieB said:  

    They also have a non heated version of the blanket that would be great to use with the warm mouse or warm mouse pad.

  • VickieB said:  

    ValueRays Fan on Facebook Vickie Bartlett & Follow "Warm_Mouse" on Twitter vlbsweeps

  • VickieB said:  

    Follow and Tweet https://twitter.com/luckytoddler/status/2441658008

  • kygirl said:  

    assist with hand pain too

  • Anonymous said:  

    It is a low, steady heat with a carbon fiber infrared heating element sewn inside the double layer of fleece. Thanks for the giveaway!

    luckymegs1981 AT yahoo DOT com

  • sandyy456 said:  

    Studies show about 20-30 minutes of infrared heat therapy daily produce positive results

  • VickieB said:  

    7/3 http://twitter.com/vlbsweeps/status/2452497991

  • Miranda Ward said:  

    Infrared heat has been effectively used to rid the body of unwanted, harmful environmental toxins and inhibit bacterial growth from these toxic substances.

  • Alicia said:  

    Infrared heat penetrates deep through the skin's layers to the muscle tissue relieving tension and stress.

    Thanks for the giveaway >^..^<

  • VickieB said:  

    7/5 http://twitter.com/vlbsweeps/status/2480749839

  • kryptongirl said:  

    I've never heard of heated mice and keyboards, and I'm glad I know about them now. My mother has a very hard time in the winter with her fingers and I need to get her this as a gift.

  • BrendaLea, the Prpldy said:  

    Your hands are one of the most valuable parts of your body. Hand therapists world wide agree computer related hand injuries are on the rise.

    prpldy (at) comcast dot net

  • BrendaLea, the Prpldy said:  

    I happily subscribe to your blog via e-mail.

    prpldy at comcast.net

  • BrendaLea, the Prpldy said:  

    I like the ValueRays® Warm Mouse III

  • Anonymous said:  

    Infrared heat helps to heal by ridding the body of toxins.

    bgcchs@yahoo.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I subscribe via email.

    bgcchs@yahoo.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I like the ValueRays USB Warm Keyboard Pad and Mouse Hand Warmer.

    bgcchs@yahoo.com

  • Smooshy said:  

    they have a non heated version of the blanket!

  • Squish said:  

    I subscribed. I am so happy you shared these products with us. What I also learned is that their products are used to relieve the cold and improve circulation to the affected areas that ache and are sore by the way theu use heat and inferred light. I have Fibromyalgia and my hands often hurt since they get so cold when I stop using them for a while,just like the other muscle inmy body. So, using these products would help me out so much. I can't wait until I can save up and get their product! Thank you

  • tasardina said:  

    Infrared heat is used to rid the body of unwanted, harmful environmental toxins and inhibit bacterial growth from toxic substances.
    tasardina@yahoo.com

  • tasardina said:  

    Email subscriber.
    tasardina@yahoo.com

  • Gloria's Bits and Pieces said:  

    The USB heated computer keyboard pad works well with other ValueRays® Heated Computer Gadgets.

    kngmckellar@hotmail.com

  • Gloria's Bits and Pieces said:  

    I subscribe by email.

    kngmckellar@hotmail.com

  • Ellen C. said:  

    I learned that just 20 to 30 minutes a day of infared heat can produce positive results. Thansk for the chance.

    sweetascandy579 at yahoo dot com

  • Gabriel S-J. said:  

    I learned that infrared heat delivers warmth to the hands, wrists & arms when using the keyboard.

  • Melanie Montgomery said:  

    Great Giveaway!

    I learned that eastern cultures have been using infrared heat as healing methods for centuries.


    clarkmurdock@yahoo.com

  • tina reynolds said:  

    i learned it does not just deliver heat to give warmth but also aids in relief for muscles and helps with pain from frequent computer use thanks for the chance eaglesforjack@gmail.com

  • tina reynolds said:  

    i subscribe by email thanks eaglesforjack@gmail.com

  • VickieB said:  

    blogged http://vickieb52.blogspot.com/2009/07/win-valuerays-mouse-hand-warmer.html

  • VickieB said:  

    http://twitter.com/vlbsweeps/status/2529147097

  • intime said:  

    Infrared heat penetrates deep through the skin's layers to the muscle tissue relieving tension and stress intime@myself.com

  • pitaharmon said:  

    This is what I learned: USB heated warm mouse, heated keyboard pad, mouse hand warmer and heated warm mouse pad are made using a carbon fiber. Carbon fibers generate infrared heat. Infrared heat is a healing heat. It's the same type of heat generated by the infrared rays of the sun without the harmful UV rays.
    harmonden[at]wowway[dot]com

  • Charity S said:  

    I learned that Infrared heat has been effectively used to rid the body of unwanted, harmful environmental toxins and inhibit bacterial growth from these toxic substances.

    Thanks

    charisscharity [at] yahoo [dot] com

  • Charity S said:  

    I like the ValueRays® Warm Keyboard Pad .

  • Charity S said:  

    I follow and tweeted.

    http://twitter.com/ccboobooy/status/2535366986

  • Charity S said:  

    I'm a fan on facebook and following Warm_Mouse on twitter.

    charisscharity [at] yahoo [dot] com

  • imaclutz89 said:  

    I learned USB infrared heat computer accessories relieve the cold and improve circulation to the affected areas.

  • imaclutz89 said:  

    Follower on twitter and tweeted.

    http://twitter.com/imaclutz89/status/2535504421

  • imaclutz89 said:  

    I like the ValueRays® USB Warm Mouse & USB Warm Keyboard Pad the best.

  • carolyn said:  

    I like the value rays infared.What a cool concept my hands stay cold all the time.

  • carolyn said:  

    It not only warms the hands it helps muscle pain.

  • Kathy P said:  

    Common clinical signs and symptoms of Cumulative Trauma Disorders include: Pain, swelling, nocturnal pain (pain at night), numbness or tingling, loss of motion and moss of strength. These signs and symptoms are the body’s warning signals that there is too much damage followed by too little repair time.

  • Kathy P said:  

    http://twitter.com/klp1965/status/2538508219

  • Kathy P said:  

    valuerays fan on facebook KathyLPease

  • Kathy P said:  

    i love the
    ValueRays® USB Warm Keyboard Pad & USB Warm Mouse Pad & USB Mouse Hand Warmer®

    ValueRays® 3-Piece Combination Set includes:
    1 USB Warm Keyboard Pad
    1 USB Warm Mouse Pad
    1 USB Mouse Hand Warmer®

  • Xenia said:  

    I learned that ValueRays recommends using their computer gadgets to create an ergonomic, healthy, warm, comfortable, cost-effecive, heat-efficient source of warmth for the ergonomic computer workstation.

    Thanks!
    xpsundell at gmail dot com

  • Xenia said:  

    I like the 5-Piece ValueRays® Hand Warmer Set:
    1 USB Warm Mouse
    1 USB Warm Mouse Pad
    1 USB Warm Keyboard Pad
    1 Mouse Hand Warmer® (non-USB)
    1 USB Mouse Hand Warmer®
    How great to have one of everything!

    Thanks!
    xpsundell at gmail dot com

  • theolotto said:  

    I learned that infrared heat delivers warmth to the hands, wrists & arms when using the keyboard.

  • Maja said:  

    it is nice that it helps hand pain

  • cman said:  

    Infrared heat helps to heal by ridding the body of toxins :)

  • Anonymous said:  

    The Warm-Mouse-Heated-Keyboard Online Store in partnership with ValueRays® advocates and supports online Forums as a healthy place for people to meet, chat about their experiences, and read about their medical conditions. Thank you for the opportunity to participate in this giveaway!

  • Anonymous said:  

    My favorite is the ValueRays® Mouse Hand Warmer. Thank you for the opportunity to participate in this useful giveaway!

  • Rajee said:  

    I leanred that Infrared heat delivers warmth to the hands, wrists & arms when using the keyboard. It also helps increase circulation and relieves tension.

  • Donna said:  

    Infrared heat delivers warmth to the hands, wrists & arms.

  • Donna said:  

    Put your button on my blog.

  • Leave your response!