, , , ,

Flavorful - Kernel Season's Review & Giveaway

Monday, June 22, 2009 Leave a Comment

Kernel Season’s, the number one popcorn seasoning in the country, is a line of shake on toppings that allows people to add exciting flavors to one of America’s favorite, good for-you snack foods. With American’s consuming 17 billion quarts of popcorn last year, people of all ages are topping their oil-, air- and microwave-popped popcorn with Kernel Season’s bold flavors.

Kernel Season’s has only two calories per serving* with zero fat and zero carbohydrates, keeping America’s wholesome snack food low in calories. All Kernel Season’s flavors are certified kosher cRc. * Flavors with different calorie counts per serving are butter (3) & caramel (5).

Kernel Season’s are
• Made with premium cheeses and spices
• Not “salts” but natural blends
• Contains 56 percent less sodium than other popcorn seasonings
• Flavors: White Cheddar, Butter, Nacho Cheddar, Caramel, Ranch, Parmesan &Garlic, Apple Cinnamon, Barbeque, Cajun, Chocolate Marshmallow, Jalapeno, Kettle Corn, Salt, Sour Cream & Onion
• Suggested Retail Price: $2.99 per shaker

My family was able to try the popcorn and shake on seasonings and it's truly all yummy. ☺ I don't think I'll ever eat plain popcorn again. These seasonings are not just perfect for popcorn lovers but with the selection they have good for other uses as well. For instance I made Chicken Parmesan and added the Parmesan & Garlic seasoning to it. Amber used that same one on some white rice to jazz it up. She also used the White Cheddar on some hamburger helper lasagna, which was very good and her favorite use for it. ☺

The only seasoning we had trouble using was the Kettle Corn variety. It was so fine and even with using the Popcorn Spritzer Butter Flavor Spray, it did not stick to the popcorn, but rather stuck to the sides of the bowl. (Although it was tasty to lick that bowl out!)

We were pleased with these products, the popcorn is delicious, (much better than the current brand we use) popped well in our microwave, and the seasonings are wonderful too.
I have seen Kernel Season's at our local Wal-Mart and Bed, Bath & Beyond, it's available at retailers nationwide.

Please read **About Reviews at the bottom of the page.

Kernel Season's has generously sponsored a giveaway for my readers. One random commetnere will win a "Get the Party Popping" package which includes:

-A bag of stovetop popping corn

-Three bags of microwave popcorn

-Popcorn spritzer

-Six different seasoning flavors.


To enter visit Kernel Season's and tell me what your favorite variety of seasoning is.

The above must be done first to be eligible for extra entries.

Extra Entries: (leave a comment for each one completed)

1. Leave a comment with your favorite recipe using Kernel Season's.
2. Follow me on twitter and tweet about this giveaway, leave the link in the comments. (Can be done daily)
3. Blog about this giveaway leaving a link back to me and Kernel Season's.
4. Subscribe to my RSS feed via e-mail or reader.
5. Follow my blog publicly.
6. Add me to your blog roll.
7. Add my button to your site.

Open to US Residents ages 13+ (no PO Boxes). Giveaway ends July 5th, 2009 11:59 pm cst.

281 comments »

«Oldest   ‹Older   1 – 200 of 281   Newer›   Newest»
  • Sarah G. said:  

    We tried, and liked, the butter flavor. I would also like to try the Parm Garlic.

  • js22 said:  

    Kettle Corn sounds delicious!

    Thanks for the giveaway!
    email in blogger profile.

  • js22 said:  

    Homemade White Cheddar Potato Chips sounds delicious!

    email in blogger profile.

  • js22 said:  

    i follow on twitter - js22222222 .
    i tweeted - http://twitter.com/js22222222/status/2280307896

    email in blogger profile.

  • mickeyfan said:  

    I'd love the Kettle Korn flavor.

  • mickeyfan said:  

    For a recipe, I'd like to try the Cajun dip.

  • mverno said:  

    white cheddar mverno@roadrunner.com

  • VickieB said:  

    I would like to try the butter flavor first

  • VickieB said:  

    follow on Twitter and tweeted

  • Amanda S. said:  

    Chocolate Marshmallow sounds yummy!

    amandasandico at yahoo dot com

  • plhill2000 said:  

    I would go for White Cheddar.

  • Karen B said:  

    Butter flavor for a starter.

  • Theresa said:  

    I've had White Cheddar and it's fantastic! The one I really want to try is Chocolate Marshmallow.

  • Sonya Cocherell said:  

    The nacho would be my favorite. Thanks

  • Debi said:  

    Because it is different and I have never tasted it, I would try the Chocolat Marshmallow first and then the Butter and then the Caramel and on and on LOL
    sounds yummy !

  • Denise S. said:  

    I'd like to try out the Ranch flavor.

  • Unknown said:  

    the white cheddar sounds so good to me. amsbolda@hotmail.com

  • Unknown said:  

    I follow on twitter and tweeted. amsbolda@hotmail.com
    http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/2283671698

  • marthajane said:  

    I would like to try the Cajun seasoning.

  • marthajane said:  

    I'd like to try to make the spicy egg drop soup. I love egg drop soup in the winter, especially when I have a cold.

  • Anonymous said:  

    i like the CARAMEL!

    allegro966@yahoo.com

  • Jenn S. said:  

    I would like to try the Barbeque seasoning.

  • cherriblossom25 said:  

    I'd like to try the Jalapeno.
    cherriblossom25@gmail.com

  • Amber said:  

    I like Kettle Corn best!
    Thank you for the giveaway :)
    hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would have to say Carmel.

    Nora
    neneelynn@yahoo.com

  • melsywsou said:  

    Chocolate tortilla chips!

  • coliebear said:  

    White cheddar is my favorite
    lenz.nicole@gmail

  • Mommy 2 Bears said:  

    I would go with the Dinner Roll Garlic Bread using the Parmesan and Garlic.

  • barbara said:  

    I guess I'm not unique - it looks like lots of people like the White Cheddar like I do

  • barbara said:  

    Homemade White Cheddar Potato Chips is making my mouth water!

  • barbara said:  

    I'm following you on Twitter and I tweeted:
    http://twitter.com/bsw529/status/2289153944

  • barbara said:  

    I'm following your blog

  • EDRing said:  

    My granddaughters want the Chocolate marshmallow. My husband wants the Parmesan Garlic.

    Ellen
    eering99@hotmail.com

  • EDRing said:  

    My granddaughters think they have to make the Chocolate Marshmallow Milk Shake.

    Ellen
    eering99@hotmail.com

  • throuthehaze said:  

    I like the nacho cheese

  • throuthehaze said:  

    subscribe in google reader

  • throuthehaze said:  

    I would like the cajun dip

  • Michele P. said:  

    I would love to try the Jalapeno flavor!

    micaela6955 at msn dot com

  • Michele P. said:  

    the recipe I most want to try is the Jalapeno and Cheddar tacos!

    micaela6955 at msn dot com

  • Michele P. said:  

    blog follower

    micaela6955 at msn dot com

  • clc408 said:  

    I think the Parmesan Garlic sounds great. Thanks for the chance!

  • sue14625 said:  

    i pop my own popcorn usally add pepper and old bay seasoning i would love to try the Nacho Chedder and also try the au gratin potatoes

  • D Q said:  

    I'd like to try the Ranch flavor.

  • lsfish said:  

    I would love to try the White Cheaddar

  • VickieB said:  

    The Spicy Chicken Casserole looks like a good recipe

  • VickieB said:  

    6/23 https://twitter.com/vlbsweeps/status/2295841822

  • 3carnations said:  

    Parmesan garlic sounds delicious!

  • 3carnations said:  

    I follow you in bloglines.

  • littlelatina said:  

    sounds wonderful i love cheese on my popcorn or butter.

  • denyse said:  

    Sour Cream and Onion

  • mogrill said:  

    White Cheddar sounds great. Thanks for the chance.
    mogrill@comcast.net

  • Laura O in AK said:  

    White cheddar looks good (although sour cream and onion does as well!)

  • Laura O in AK said:  

    Already following you publicly (which is how I spotted this post!)

  • Leona P said:  

    I like the white cheddar

  • ckhighland said:  

    I'm a white cheddar fan.

  • magic5905 said:  

    Ranch. Thanks.
    magic5905@embarqmail.com

  • Sylvia said:  

    I would like to try the Chocolate marshmallow
    sylviawhit@gmail.com

  • janetfaye said:  

    I like Barbecue flavor.

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

  • janetfaye said:  

    Subscribed.

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

  • janetfaye said:  

    I follow - janetfaye

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

  • cstironkat said:  

    Ranch and white cheddar would be my favorites.

  • cstironkat said:  

    The Ranch Potato Skins recipe looks so good.

  • VickieB said:  

    6/24 http://twitter.com/vlbsweeps/status/2308952954

  • Deborah Wellenstein said:  

    I would like to try the Kettle Corn variety. Thank you!

  • tawndam said:  

    white cheddar... Mmmmm

  • Kristie said:  

    I would like to try the Sour Cream & Onion!

    khmorgan_00 [at] yahoo [dot] com

  • julis55 said:  

    I'd love the Kettle Korn flavor

  • janetfaye said:  

    I follow and I sent a tweet:
    http://twitter.com/Janetfaye/status/2320557200

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

  • janetfaye said:  

    Baked Potatoes is my favorite recipe.

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

  • Jessilyn82 said:  

    The Butter flavor is my favorite :)

  • Jessilyn82 said:  

    The Au Gratin potato recipe sounds really good!

  • Jessilyn82 said:  

    I follow on twitter and left a tweet http://twitter.com/Jessilyn82/status/2320629591

  • janetfaye said:  

    Blogged:
    http://blog-giveaways.blogspot.com/2009/06/wed-listings.html

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

  • Anonymous said:  

    Kettle Corn is my favorite! :)

  • Alicia said:  

    White Cheddar or Jalapeno.

    Thanks for the giveaway >^..^<

  • VickieB said:  

    6/25 http://twitter.com/vlbsweeps/status/2324628729

  • Smooshy said:  

    i like white cheddar!

  • Nickolay said:  

    I am all about trying the cajun dip

    jason(at)allworldautomotive(dot)com

  • AB Smith said:  

    I would like to try the butter flavor


    I'd love to win this prize, thanks for sponsoring this.

    2kidsblogger(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Dave said:  

    White Cheddar. Thank you for the delicious give-away.

  • Mommy 2 Monkeys said:  

    I'd love to try sour cream and onion.

  • VickieB said:  

    6/27 http://twitter.com/vlbsweeps/status/2343321412

  • justicecw said:  

    I think the white cheddar sounds yummy! Thanks for the chance, justicecw@hotmail.com

  • justicecw said:  

    I would LOVE to try the homemade white cheddar potato chips. Thanks, justicecw@hotmail.com

  • justicecw said:  

    I am following on twitter and I tweeted at https://twitter.com/justicecw/status/2346366455
    thanks, justicecw@hotmail.com

  • Tamara B. said:  

    Parmesan and Garlic or their White Cheddar.
    tamben7996(at)aol(dot)com

  • Tamara B. said:  

    Love the Chicken Casserole recipe.
    tamben7996(at)aol(dot)com

  • Tamara B. said:  

    I am a subscriber.
    tamben7996(at)aol(dot)com

  • Tamara B. said:  

    I am a subscriber.
    tamben7996(at)aol(dot)com

  • Carly K said:  

    The jalapeno sounds delicious!
    awesome49557@aim.com

  • Lois S said:  

    My favorite would actually probably be the butter, but the others all sound good too

  • Lois S said:  

    I blogged http://ljsin2win.blogspot.com/2009/06/enter-to-win-kernel-seasons-popcorn_26.html

  • VickieB said:  

    6/27 http://twitter.com/vlbsweeps/status/2358455671

  • Tracy said:  

    I would like to try the Ranch seasoning.
    4heartbeats@gmail.com

  • Tracy said:  

    I signed up to follow.
    4heartbeats@gmail.com

  • janetfaye said:  

    6/27 Tweet:
    http://twitter.com/Janetfaye/status/2361912199

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

  • Debbie said:  

    I'd love to try the caramel!

  • Carol EL said:  

    Cajun is my favorite flavor. jelly15301@gmail.com

  • Carol EL said:  

    The Cajun au Gratin potatos is my recipe of choice. jelly15301@gmail.com

  • Carol EL said:  

    Yahoo reader subscriber. jelly15301@gmail.com

  • Carol EL said:  

    Blog follower. jelly15301@gmail.com

  • VickieB said:  

    6/28 http://twitter.com/vlbsweeps/status/2370677734

  • janetfaye said:  

    6/28 Tweet:
    http://twitter.com/Janetfaye/status/2371859181

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

  • Becky said:  

    The kettle corn does sound good, but so does the white cheddar ..

  • shivaeb1 said:  

    I like the white cheddar

  • carolasar said:  

    Ranch sounds yummy.Thanks

  • LittleEagle said:  

    I cannot choose just one so I would get parmesan & garlic, nacho cheese and kettle corn.

  • Laurie said:  

    Yum! They all sound good, but I think my favorite is the parmesan & garlic!

    Laurie

  • Laurie said:  

    I follow you on twitter & tweeted here...

    http://twitter.com/Bargain_Hunter_/status/2383555501

  • Laurie said:  

    I follow your blog publicly

  • VickieB said:  

    6/29 http://twitter.com/vlbsweeps/status/2386519525

  • VickieB said:  

    blogged http://vickieb52.blogspot.com/2009/06/win-kernel-seasons-popcorn-gift-pack_27.html

  • Sue E said:  

    Since I eat ranch dressing on everything, I'd also like to try it on my popcorn. Thanks for the chance to win!
    sueellison@hcecwildblue.com

  • nightowl said:  

    I like the ranch seasoning.

  • jeanine said:  

    neenee838@yahoo.com
    i would love to try the jalepeno.

  • jeanine said:  

    neenee838@yahoo.com

    my favorite recipe from the site is Toughguy Pastry Puff Twists

  • jeanine said:  

    neenee838@yahoo.com

    i subscribe via email.

  • Sheila P said:  

    I would like to try the Butter Flavor.

  • Lois S said:  

    tweeted http://twitter.com/ljshores/status/2394172499

  • msrodeobrat said:  

    i would love to try the white cheddar

  • justicecw said:  

    6/29 tweet at https://twitter.com/justicecw/status/2397663256
    thanks, justicecw@hotmail.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I love the kettle corn, and I would love to try the apple cinnamon! Thanks for the giveaway!

    luckymegs1981 AT yahoo DOT com

  • VickieB said:  

    6/30 https://twitter.com/vlbsweeps/status/2402634244

  • janetfaye said:  

    6/30 Tweet:
    http://twitter.com/Janetfaye/status/2403031303

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

  • Anonymous said:  

    The Parmesan Garlic sounds wonderful!

    hebert024 at aol dot com

  • Anonymous said:  

    The Ranch Potato Skins sound awesome.

    hebert024 at aol dot com

  • VickieB said:  

    7/1 https://twitter.com/vlbsweeps/status/2417973545

  • ChristyJan said:  

    The parmesan and garlic sounds yummy.

    hawkes(at)citlink.net

  • ChristyJan said:  

    I subscribe.

    hawkes(at)citlink.net

  • tracyb107 said:  

    i would love to try the butter

  • Pat said:  

    Butter flavor would be my favorite.
    pkildow at gmail dot com

  • Pat said:  

    Favorite recipe would be Healthy ranch tomatoes.
    pkildow at gmail dot com

  • janetfaye said:  

    7/2 Tweet:
    http://twitter.com/Janetfaye/status/2434733014

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

  • Donna said:  

    I would love to try the parmesan & garlic.

  • VickieB said:  

    7/2 https://twitter.com/vlbsweeps/status/2436801112

  • herblady said:  

    My favorite is White Cheddar. :)

  • Lois S said:  

    tweet http://twitter.com/ljshores/status/2443420449

  • onosquanna said:  

    White Cheddar sounds yummy.

  • Unknown said:  

    I would like to try the Nacho Cheddar.

    hafner611{AT}gmail{DOT}com

  • Unknown said:  

    I would like to try to make the Barbecue Chip recipe. I'll bet it would taste so good.

    hafner611{AT}gmail{DOT}com

  • Daniel M said:  

    kettle corn sounds great - regnod(at)yahoo(d0t)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'd have to go with the White Cheddar.

    bgcchs@yahoo.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would dip catfish in egg, and then in cajun seasoning. Then I'd deep fry it.

    bgcchs@yahoo.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I subscribe via email.

    bgcchs@yahoo.com

  • heaventrees said:  

    Definitely the Ranch flavor but I am also sure we'd like the White Cheddar and the Caramel.

  • crystal said:  

    I think that the Garlic Parmesan sounds good and all of the recipes are easy and great too!
    cyclona66(at)aol(dot)com

  • VickieB said:  

    7/3 http://twitter.com/vlbsweeps/status/2452751088

  • Jolene said:  

    nacho cheese sounds good!

  • Gloria's Bits and Pieces said:  

    The Parmesan Garlic sounds real good!

    kngmckellar@hotmail.com

  • Gloria's Bits and Pieces said:  

    Sorry, I didn't say my favorite recipe using parmesan garlic was mixing the parmesan garlic with noodles and butter and sprinkling parmesan cheese in it!

    kngmckellar@hotmail.com

  • Gloria's Bits and Pieces said:  

    I am subscribe to email

    kngmckellar@hotmail.com

  • Gloria's Bits and Pieces said:  

    I follow your blog as kngmckellar


    kngmckellar@hotmail.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    My 3 favs would be butter, nacho cheddar and caramel

  • Anonymous said:  

    The white cheddar potato chip sounds interesting. Im sure Id love it. Thanks for the giveaway.

  • ky2here said:  

    Let's go with the jalapeno.

  • Pamela S said:  

    My personal favorite would be the onion & sour cream, but my son would LOVE the jalapeno!

    Thanks!
    pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net

  • Pamela S said:  

    I think my family would love the Spicy Chicken Casserole made with the jalapeno seasoning!

    Thanks!
    pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net

  • Pamela S said:  

    I follow!

    Thanks!
    pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net

  • Meet the Browns said:  

    White cheddar sounds yummy!

    Katie
    showbizkp[at]gmail[dot]com

  • Meet the Browns said:  

    I'd love to make the Chocolate Marshmallow Milkshake!

    Katie
    showbizkp[at]gmail[dot]com

  • Meet the Browns said:  

    I follow on Blogger :)

    Katie
    showbizkp[at]gmail[dot]com

  • Lois S said:  

    I subscribe to your email

  • Lois S said:  

    Your on my blog roll http://ljsin2win.blogspot.com/

  • Lois S said:  

    tweeted http://twitter.com/ljshores/status/2462842113

  • AEKZ2 said:  

    My kid would love to try ranch. Thanks!

  • Unknown said:  

    Parmesan & Garlic would be the pick in my house! Everyone here thinks garlic goes on everything!!!! Thanks!

    sherri419 at gmail dot com

  • Jennifer said:  

    I'd love to try the caramel

  • Jennifer said:  

    I follow you (wenebara) and I tweeted.

    http://twitter.com/wenebara/statuses/2465565154

  • Jennifer said:  

    I subscribe to your blog.

  • Sheila R said:  

    I would love love love to try the Parmesan & Garlic. I love both Garlic and Parmesan so I bet this would be a dream come true for me.
    ilovebabynoah707@yahoo.com

  • Sheila R said:  

    I subscribe via email
    ilovebabynoah707@yahoo.com

  • Sheila R said:  

    I want to try the Quick Pasta Sauce recipe. It sounds Delish!
    ilovebabynoah707@yahoo.com

  • janetfaye said:  

    7/4 Tweet:
    http://twitter.com/Janetfaye/status/2466501533

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

  • VickieB said:  

    7/4 http://twitter.com/vlbsweeps/status/2467261953

  • terri142 said:  

    Parmesan & Garlic sounds delicious

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would love to try the Kettle Corn flavor.
    erma.hurtt@sbcglobal.net

  • Sarah Z said:  

    The Chocolate Marshmallow sounds so yummy!
    Thanks
    Sarah
    believedreamcourage (at) gmail.com

  • cowboyswife said:  

    Southwestern Cheesy Sauce

  • pickledseeds said:  

    Definitely white cheddar!

  • wendy wallach said:  

    my favorite variety is the kettle corn.

    madamerkf at aol dot com

  • justicecw said:  

    7/4 tweet at http://twitter.com/justicecw/status/2472944837
    thanks, justicecw@hotmail.com

  • Marianna said:  

    I'd love to try the caramel or jalapeno

  • Cassy said:  

    Parmesan Garlic sounds great.wombatspurple at yahoo dot com

  • «Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 281   Newer› Newest»

    Leave your response!