, , , , ,

Eye Buy Direct Review & Giveaway

Thursday, May 14, 2009 Leave a Comment


If you would have asked me a month ago if I would ever purchase prescription glasses online, I would have emphatically stated NO. There is a perception (that I had bought into) that you could not possibly get quality prescription eyeglasses online.

When I had the opportunity to become an EyeBuyDirect.com customer, I was still a bit skeptical.

If you've ever had to shop for glasses before, you know that they are expensive. EyeBuyDirect has frames that start at just $14.95, including basic lenses!! Take for example the frames I chose, they are only $17.95.
When you have to wear glasses everyday, it's nice to be able to switch it up a bit. Even with insurance, at a traditional office or vision center, one pair is really all that is feasible to purchase. But the affordability that EyeBuyDirect offers would allow someone to get two or three pairs, so they could have a different look once in a while.

I found myself going in the ordering process a bit intimidated, but it truly was easy. If you're wondering how in the world one could order glasses online without seeing how they look on you first, no worries, the "Wall of Frame" has you covered. You upload a photo of yourself and then you can try on all different frames to find your perfect look! You can also see what they look like on other people who have posted their photos to it.

In less than two weeks from ordering them, I had the glasses in my mailbox. It usually takes longer than that when I order a pair from my optometrist. They even came with a nice hard case and cleaning cloth.

Now this may not be the case for everyone, but I have not had any fit problems with my frames either. Unfortunately, I usually have to return to the vision center to have my frames refitted two or three times after I receive them. With my new eyeglasses from EyeBuyDirect.com, I have not had any pinching or soreness behind my ears or across my nose.

I truly think that EyeBuyDirect.com provides a great product and service.

Please read **About Reviews at the bottom of the page.


WIN One person will win a gift code worth up to $100 to purchase a pair of glasses (excluding sunglasses and designer frames)


  • Take a look at the EyeBuyDirect Wall of Frame. Choose a photo with a pair of frames that you like and leave a comment. To do so you must log in or register. Then leave a comment here with the link to the photo on which you left a comment.
Extra Entries - # 1 (REQUIRED ENTRY) must be done first. Leave a comment for each one done.
2. Follow My Blog (See Side Bar)
3. Follow Me on Twitter & Tweet about Giveaway (include link to tweet)
4. Subscribe to my Feed via email or reader

5. Add Three Different Directions to your blog roll

6. Add the Three Different Directions button to your site
7. Kirtsy this post

Two Extra Entries
8. & 9. Blog about this giveaway and leave a link back to my site. Leave the permalink to your post in the comments.


One Winner will be chosen using a random number generator. Contest ends at 11:59 pm cst on May 28th, 2009. The winner will be e-mailed and needs to claim the prize within 48 hours. Contest open to U.S. and Canadian residents ages 18+.

81 comments »

  • Groovy Baby Blog said:  

    Hi Tammy, Cool Glasses!, I love mine too I buy them online also, Great costumer Service and half the price.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would choose the "Donna" Frames. I left a comment on the wall at EyeBuyDirect here: http://www.eyebuydirect.com/wall-of-frames.html

    I am vergingon40

  • Anonymous said:  

    I am a subscriber now

  • Anonymous said:  

    I am following you on Twitter and I tweeted: http://twitter.com/cre8tveminde/status/1795645643

  • Anonymous said:  

    I am Following your blog

  • throuthehaze said:  

    http://www.eyebuydirect.com/wall-of-frames-profile-16783.html

  • CaseyDeuce said:  

    I posted a comment here:
    http://www.eyebuydirect.com/wall-of-frames-profile-16759.html

  • CaseyDeuce said:  

    I follow your blog on blogger!!

  • luckyme said:  

    I think it is a great idea to see what a frame would look like on your face by using your own picture.

    luckyme51 (at) sbcglobal (dot) net

  • skytoucher said:  

    I really like the Imax frames, and the Donna frames. Would love to win this prize.

  • MOMFOREVERANDEVER said:  

    http://www.eyebuydirect.com/wall-of-frames-profile-16878.html

  • nightowl said:  

    I commented on a photo.
    http://www.eyebuydirect.com/wall-of-frames-profile-16121.html

  • nightowl said:  

    I follow your blog.

  • nightowl said:  

    I subscribe by email.

  • mverno said:  

    the "Donna" Frames mverno@roadrunner.com

  • VickieB said:  

    Wall of Frames comment
    http://www.eyebuydirect.com/wall-of-frames-profile-16852.html

  • VickieB said:  

    follow on Twitter and tweet http://twitter.com/vlbsweeps/status/1800021669

  • VickieB said:  

    Blog #1
    http://vickieb52.blogspot.com/2009/05/win-pair-of-eyeglasses.html

  • VickieB said:  

    Blog #2
    http://vickieb52.blogspot.com/2009/05/win-pair-of-eyeglasses.html

  • My Heart Blogged said:  

    I am Vanessa

    http://www.eyebuydirect.com/wall-of-frames-profile-16880.html

  • My Heart Blogged said:  

    i follow you on twitter and tweeted

    http://twitter.com/vanessanoel/status/1801178531

  • My Heart Blogged said:  

    i get your feed via email

    lostinthemission at yahoo dot com

  • Anonymous said:  

    http://www.eyebuydirect.com/wall-of-frames-profile-16852.html

    My comment page (Lisa)

  • Anonymous said:  

    tweet & follow too

    http://twitter.com/lisagee123/status/1803404767

  • Anonymous said:  

    email subscriber

  • OffTheMap13 said:  

    Great! I left a comment on the Marbella which is my favorite. Here's the link!

    http://www.eyebuydirect.com/wall-of-frames.html

  • clc408 said:  

    I commented on the Wall of Fame:

    http://www.eyebuydirect.com/wall-of-frames-profile-16734.html

    Thanks for the chance.

  • Peggy said:  

    I left my comment here
    http://www.eyebuydirect.com/wall-of-frames-pic-71500.html
    Thanks
    matternu@aol.com

  • Peggy said:  

    Following your blog
    matternu@aol.com

  • Peggy said:  

    Added your button
    matternu@aol.com

  • Hetal said:  

    I voted for Heidi.
    http://www.eyebuydirect.com/wall-of-frames-profile-16880.html
    thanks

  • Carolyn G said:  

    I like the suzie style

  • Erica C. said:  

    I love the guess red rectangle frames

  • The Dreamer said:  

    http://www.eyebuydirect.com/wall-of-frames-profile-16956.html

    addeviant006 at gmail dot com

  • The Dreamer said:  

    rss subscriber

    addeviant006 at gmail dot com

  • LeesaJ said:  

    I like the Tiber frames.
    http://www.eyebuydirect.com/tiber-fashion-glasses-p-1848.html

  • LeesaJ said:  

    I subscribe to your feed.

  • miriama said:  

    http://www.eyebuydirect.com/wall-of-frames-profile-16985.html

  • ehhogan said:  

    I like the princess frames

    ehhogan@bellsouth.net

  • Anonymous said:  

    http://www.eyebuydirect.com/wall-of-frames-profile-16982.html

    cute but he needs darker glasses.

  • Anonymous said:  

    email subscriber

  • Anonymous said:  

    follower

  • denyse said:  

    I like the frames on Roland.

  • Anonymous said:  

    These are cute.
    http://www.eyebuydirect.com/wall-of-frames-profile-17062.html

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'm following you.

  • Anonymous said:  

    Tweet http://twitter.com/DreeG/status/1900952987

  • Anonymous said:  

    I subscribe via email.

  • Anonymous said:  

    This so cool, you can see what they look like. My glasses are ten years old, so I think it is about time for new ones. Thanks.

  • Jordan'z Mommie! said:  

    It's a tie between the 'canadian' or 'princess' glasses. I'm a nut for the plastic glasses. I can't stand those nubby nose-rest things they have on the metal frames!

  • SantaFe said:  

    I must say I like the Donna frames the best.
    http://www.eyebuydirect.com/wall-of-frames-profile-17294.html

  • heaventrees said:  

    I like the ones on this lady:
    http://www.eyebuydirect.com/wall-of-frames-profile-16603.html

  • blogggggg said:  

    I left a comment here:
    http://www.eyebuydirect.com/share/lhMrI5ViETp2DeN

    wordsmoveme at gmail dot com

  • blogggggg said:  

    I follow your blog!

    wordsmoveme at gmail dot com

  • blogggggg said:  

    I subscribe via google reader!

    wordsmoveme at gmail dot com

  • Leslie said:  

    I left my comment here:
    http://www.eyebuydirect.com/wall-of-frames-profile-17374.html


    shmoopie13(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Gabriel S-J. said:  

    I really like: Merlin - Green - Rimless Eyeglasses.

  • NesieBird said:  

    I wear glasses and would love to have the Donna frames. Thank you! D

    kneecree at gmail dot com

  • Storm Safety Blog said:  

    I left a comment for Kristi:
    http://www.eyebuydirect.com/wall-of-frames-profile-17332.html

    Love the prices on this site!

  • Anonymous said:  

    I commented on http://www.eyebuydirect.com/wall-of-frames-profile-10668.html

    I love seeing what the glasses look like on an actual body rather than a page in a catalog.

  • yomomma said:  

    Left a comment : http://www.eyebuydirect.com/wall-of-frames-profile-17399.html

  • Betty C said:  

    Commented - http://www.eyebuydirect.com/wall-of-frames-profile-17163.html

  • Sonya said:  

    I commented on http://www.eyebuydirect.com/wall-of-frames-profile-17399.html

    Thanks for the great giveaway!

  • Anonymous said:  

    I left a comment at http://www.eyebuydirect.com/wall-of-frames-profile-17418.html garrettsambo@aol.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    This guy has nice looking frames *storm*

    http://www.eyebuydirect.com/wall-of-frames-profile-17438.html

  • Anonymous said:  

    follow your blog

  • Anonymous said:  

    follow on twitter and tweeted

    http://twitter.com/Ardy22/status/1955613036

  • Anonymous said:  

    subscribe via email

  • Anonymous said:  

    added to blog list
    http://ardy22.blogspot.com/

  • jjfiji said:  

    I posted a comment here:

    http://www.eyebuydirect.com/wall-of-frames-profile-17342.html

    (under username Jennifer)

    jjfiji(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • jjfiji said:  

    I follow your blog

    jjfiji(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • jjfiji said:  

    Email subscriber.

    jjfiji(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • Donna said:  

    I posted a comment on my own pictur on the wall of fame.
    https://www.eyebuydirect.com/wall-of-frames-profile-15373.html
    donna444444@yahoo.com

  • Donna said:  

    subscriber
    donna444444@yahoo.com

  • Donna said:  

    follower
    donna444444@yahoo.com

  • Donna said:  

    put your button on my blog.
    donna444444@yahoo.com

  • Donna said:  

    I tweeted:
    http://twitter.com/donnak4/status/1956256494

  • Leave your response!