, , , , ,

Douglas Toy Review & Giveaway

Thursday, May 7, 2009 Leave a Comment

When the box that our Douglas Stuffed Animal arrived in, landed on our doorstep it was like Amber's birthday had arrived early!

You see, Amber is all about fantasy and sci-fi. From the time she was old enough to know what she wanted to play with, it was all about space men, knights and dragons. Forget the princesses. Those days have not come to an end, although the toys have become more sophisticated, the computer games still are all about the fantasy realm. As a matter of fact she has a collection of flying drakes in the game she plays, and the blue ones are her favorite.

Yet at 13, she is still not ashamed to say she likes her stuffed animals and really has always been looking for fantasy type stuffies. Those are kind of few and far between though, and when you can find them, the stuffed dragons tend to look like Puff or Figment rather than one that you would see in a fairy tale breathing fire from it's jaws.

But the collection that Douglas Stuffed Animals has for the fantasy buffs is delightful. Amber chose to receive the Douglas Jade Blue Stuffed Dragon and was not disappointed.


Amber says that she likes the stuffed dragon plushie because it's soft and easily huggable. It's got a cool color scheme and it will stand up to lots of imagination play time, and posing for my art work!

For myself I was pleased to see a real quality toy. The only thing I've noticed about it, is that with much hugging and playing the wings on the dragon have become a little bent, however, since the wings get a lot of "flap" time as the dragon flies across the living room, it is only noticeable when the dragon is taking a snooze in the kitchen cave.

The details are impeccable from the glitter and satin bound wings to the shimmering scales on its underbelly.


So if your kids (or yourself) are wanting some fantasy stuffed toys that don't look overly "cartoony", you must check out the selection at Douglas' online store. Of course they have all sorts of other wonderful stuffed animals also and if you make a purchase you can save 10% by using the code tenoff4moms.

Please read ** About Reviews at the bottom of the page.

But wait...One lucky reader will win a Douglas Toys Stuffed Animal of their choice (except for an over-sized product).

Head on over to their site and look through their fantastic collection of stuffed animals and let me know which one you would choose to bring home.

If you complete the above required entry you are eligible for extra ones! Just leave a separate comment for each one you complete.

* 1 Extra Entry - Subscribe to my RSS feed or by e-mail
* 1 Extra Entry - Follow my blog publicly
* 1 Extra Entry - Kirtsy this post
* 1 Extra Entry - Follow me on twitter and tweet about this giveaway - leave a link to the tweet
* 2 Extra Entries - Blog about this giveaway with a link back to my blog - leave the permalink to your post

Giveaway ends on May 14th at 11:59 pm CST. Winner must claim prize within 48 hours or a new winner will be selected. US Only ages 13+ please.

Check out more giveaways this week hosted at Mom Most Traveled during her Give It Away Now! Blog Carnival.

136 comments »

  • mar said:  

    I would choose 1275.1 Tender Teddy. I collect teddy bears!

  • Jingle said:  

    I love the Prairie Dog! Those aren't easy to find!

  • A said:  

    I would love to win the Joker Coyote w/bandanna. Thanks for this cool giveaway!

    Nyuel113(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • A said:  

    I'm an email subscriber.

    Nyuel113(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Unknown said:  

    I would love the 1332 Yellow Giraffe Lil' Snuggler for my friend's brand new baby girl!


    ferriza2(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Unknown said:  

    I subscribed to your rss feed with my yahoo!


    ferriza2(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Unknown said:  

    I follow publicly!


    ferriza2(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • sunnymum said:  

    I love all the guinea pigs! So cute! This is a great idea for my family since allergies prevent us from having real pets.

  • sunnymum said:  

    Twitter follower! http://twitter.com/sunnymum/status/1728983815

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would choose 1195 Southwestern Knapsack. Thanks.
    -Terra H.
    partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'm an e-mail subscriber.
    -Terra H.
    partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • Vicky H. said:  

    I'd want the Dixie Sheltie plush.

    lilnamekangelivy[at]aol[dot]com

  • Anonymous said:  

    My niece would adore this -

    2201 PINK CALLIOPE HORSE PURSE

  • Anonymous said:  

    email subscriber

  • Anonymous said:  

    follower

  • Anonymous said:  

    http://twitter.com/lisagee123/status/1730217809

    tweet & follow

  • Anonymous said:  

    My son would love the 2024 KAISER BLK/WHT POINTER.

    samsakara@twcny.rr.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    i like the dreamy octopus
    timgus at cox dot net

  • The Crazy Mom said:  

    1277.1 Magic Pink Bear

    My daughter who we call Bear and loves pink, would LOVE this!!! :)

    ~Crazy Mom

  • Sylvia said:  

    I would chose MACK the MEERKAT
    sylviawhit@gmail.com

  • lfhpueblo said:  

    3781 Chaos Brown & White Rodeo Bull would be my first choice, or any of the other bulls/steers.
    Thanks,
    lfhpueblo (at) msn (dot) com

  • Susan said:  

    Hermy the hermit crab is soooo cute!

  • Kelly said:  

    Awww... I adore the Fire Kiss Orange Baby Dragon. My favorite color, and he's just so awesome. :)

    krtrumpet [at] aol [dot] com

  • Anonymous said:  

    Douglas Cuddle Toys are the best! If I'd have to choose one, it would be General, the German Shepherd... he's so adorable! My daughter would absolutely love him. :-)

  • Anonymous said:  

    I already subscribe via email. :-)

  • Anonymous said:  

    I like the Snort Sparkle Dragon.

    oldnehamkin@yahoo.com

  • Lori said:  

    my son would just love the 1805 Chester Black Lab since we have a black lab puppy at home.

  • judybrittle said:  

    I would love the T-Rex dinosaur for my grandson. He would really love it! Thank you so much!

  • judybrittle said:  

    I follow on Twitter and I tweeted
    http://twitter.com/kewpiedoll04/status/1733239525

  • slb3334 said:  

    the professor walrus is adorable.

  • Rachel said:  

    I love the 1110 PINK &GREEN QUILTI DOG

    freakfaceone@yahoo.com

  • MOMFOREVERANDEVER said:  

    1850 Honey Golden Retriever

  • Sue said:  

    I love TOOTH. Thanks for sharing~

  • denyse said:  

    I love the hermit crab. He rocks!

  • Lower Mitten Kitten said:  

    My little one would love Bounce Frog (1362) - he's so cute and looks cuddlely. Thanks!

  • Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne said:  

    I love the ruby red dragon! Totally cute!

  • Sunnyvale said:  

    Tasha, the Himalayan cat

  • Nicole Ibarrondo said:  

    Definitely the Sporty Jack Russell Doll since we have one here!

  • cathy said:  

    Wilma the Calico Cat (1773) is adorable - looks just like my old Mitzi cat! My DD would love this - she is 6. Thank you!

    cathy54321(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • Denise S. said:  

    Its so hard to choose! I'll pick the Wave Rider Humpback Whale.

  • Pamela S said:  

    Since we have a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel I'd pick that!!!


    pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net

  • mom2boys said:  

    Hi,

    I would pick mack the meerkat. Thanks! : )


    hottmomma_03(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • throuthehaze said:  

    3701 Billy Mountain Goat

  • Anonymous said:  

    The Beluga Whale!
    msurosey@yahoo.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    e-mail subscriber
    msurosey@yahoo.com

  • sarahbethe said:  

    I love the Kaiser Black and White pointer (2024). It looks like my dog!

  • kdkdkd said:  

    My son would love the T Rex

  • Jennifer Wilson said:  

    I adore the copper tri colored guinea pig!

    jenndiggy at gmail dot com

  • cpullum said:  

    Love to win the 2055 CELIA BLACK LAB!
    Carla
    cpullum(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • scottsgal said:  

    These are so cute. I'd choose Duncan or Feathers both springer spaniels

  • DEBIJOT said:  

    I like the Ruby Red Dragon. Thanks

  • ReggieMann said:  

    I would choose the 2200 PURPLE DAZZLE HORSE PURSE

  • Peggy said:  

    I love the 2106 STRIPES TOTE W/TERRIER,what an adorable dog! Thanks
    Matternu@aol.com

  • Peggy said:  

    subscriber
    matternu@aol.com

  • Peggy said:  

    Follow blog publicly
    matternu@aol.com

  • nightowl said:  

    I like the Paco Chihuahua.

  • nightowl said:  

    I subscribe to your feed by email.

  • oceanrena said:  

    i like the 1305 Baby Giraffe for my baby due in oct

  • Nikki said:  

    I would love the Lizzy Marine Iguana, how cute!!

  • jennem said:  

    From Douglas, I'd choose the 3743 Stanley Hammerhead Shark
    Jennifer, jennem22 at yahoo dot com

  • Dave said:  

    What an amazing selection! My nephew is crazy about dinosaurs, and I would love to surprise him with plush Triceratops. Heck, I would love one of those! :)
    Thank you for the chance to win.

  • mogrill said:  

    I love the Humpback whale!! Thanks for the chance.
    mogrill@comcast.net

  • Anonymous said:  

    My gals chose #734, the Moon Dream Unicorn.

  • Aisling said:  

    My favorite is 1836 Tyson Floppy Wolf.

  • throuthehaze said:  

    i follow!
    throuthehaze at gmail dot com

  • Lentil said:  

    I'd love the 272/ Boulder Black Bear

  • susan1215 said:  

    I like the Royal Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.

  • Unknown said:  

    I love Black Bears so Boulder Bear is my favorite.

    hafner611{AT}gmail{DOT}com

  • joni chadwell said:  

    1911 Stubbsly Bassett Hound looks like my "Mimi"

    joni514@roadrunner.com

  • Jen said:  

    My son would love THE KID!!
    Thanks
    Jennifer
    bretha03 @ Gmail.com

  • Mimi the kitten said:  

    I love Mischa Orange Tiger Cat. God bless you.

  • Anonymous said:  

    Shaker the black and white Cat would probably be my daugter's favorite since it looks like her real cat, Buster.
    renee
    yeloechikee at hotmail dot com

  • angela said:  

    I like the cashmere cat!

  • heaventrees said:  

    Milkshake Cow and Tumbleweed Bull! What a cute pair they would make for me.

  • tatertot374 said:  

    Thank you for a great giveaway! I like the white tail deer for my kids. Thank you!
    tatertot374@sbcglobal.net

  • Justine said:  

    I would choose the 3826 SEYMOUR SEAGULL, Seagull fanatic here! They're lovely even tho most people don't appreciate them :(

    Justine417@comcast.net

  • Sherry R said:  

    My favorite is the Durango Indian Paint Horse!

    jnkrim (at) qwestoffice (dot) net

  • Sherry R said:  

    I'm following you on Twitter (SherryR2) and tweeted:

    http://twitter.com/SherryR2/status/1786294499

    jnkrim (at) qwestoffice (dot) net

  • covercover said:  

    I'd like 1350 Musical Tender Teddy Bear

  • Anonymous said:  

    Gosh its so hard to choose a favorite they are all adorable!!! I guess I would pick the Trex its cute in its own little way LOL. Thanks for the awesome contest!!! :)

  • Anonymous said:  

    I follow! :)

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would love to win the Joler Coyote-
    diane
    dianesmb@aol.com

  • ky2here said:  

    Gotta have the T-Rex dinosaur.

  • k-team said:  

    I love the Paddy O'Llama! He's so cute. Thanks!

  • Melanie said:  

    I would choose the Ace Black/White cat.








    clarkmurdock@yahoo.com

  • Christina said:  

    Christina - xristya@rock.com - I'd choose the 318 Jewel Poseable Unicorn! Tres cute!

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'd really like a suprise but I love horses so I would pick the 1635 Atlas Paint horse, he loooks like my horse!

    Thank you so much for this contest! :)

    katco64 at aol dot com

  • michelle lopez said:  

    celia black lab. bill110@optonline.net

  • Crystal F said:  

    My daughter would love the 1189.2 Miss Marilyn Sak with 1746 Speck Dalmatian set. Thank you!

  • Brooke said:  

    Well I think 3796 Gum Drop Lime Green Baby Dragon is just plain adorable... however, if I won I guess I would let my son pick.

  • Angela said:  

    I would choose the Tonto Raccoon!
    pleaseundress@yahoo.com

  • Tina said:  

    My daughter loves Nugget the horse.

    sweeps4us(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Nanette said:  

    The hermit crab is cool.

  • Becky said:  

    They are all so cute it's hard to choose, but 1846 Mai-Ling Floppy Panda Bear is one of my faves.

  • Andrea B said:  

    The Baby Giraffe plush matches our nursery.
    dearandrea
    at sbcglobal. net

  • Mia J. said:  

    My favorites are slicker duck and hambone pig. There are so many cute ones.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I love Blaster Blue Glitter Dolphin! My baby girl would light up and grab hold immediately!It would be a blast to see her! Would be so wonderful to have this prize! Thanks for this great site

    Barbara Rawe
    tykelly1@yahoo.com

  • iggysaysno said:  

    Tulsa Australian Cattle Dog! we have one and this one is so cute

  • bloggytreasures said:  

    I think I would choose the Tasha Himalayan cat!
    quelleheure4[at]gmail{dot}com

  • blogggggg said:  

    I love the Professor Walrus. So funny and adorable!

    wordsmoveme(at)gmail(dot)com

  • blogggggg said:  

    I subscribe to your RSS feed.

    wordsmoveme(at)gmail(dot)com

  • blogggggg said:  

    I follow on blogger :)

    wordsmoveme(at)gmail(dot)com

  • bloggytreasures said:  

    I kirtsy'd it (quelleheure4)

  • Kathy P said:  

    i love the 1918 Tenzin Himalayan Cat

  • Kathy P said:  

    following your blog as klp1965

  • Tracy said:  

    my daughter loves giraffes, so i'd pick the musical baby giraffe.

  • Kandelina said:  

    y Mlitle guy would love the Triceratops.

    candelina09@gmail.com

  • lezanac said:  

    My daughter loves the 317 Magic Carpet Poseable Pegasus lezanac@yahoo.com

  • Cindy said:  

    1332 Yellow Giraffe Lil' Snuggler is so cute!!!

  • cman said:  

    I love the 2008 Kahlo Yellow Lab :)

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would choose Gabriel Gorilla. garrettsambo@aol.com

  • Helen said:  

    My girls would love Feathers Black & White Springer Spaniel.

  • Anonymous said:  

    The Cosmo Tortoise Cat has me sold!

  • Anonymous said:  

    subsribe via email

  • Anonymous said:  

    follow your blog

  • Anonymous said:  

    follow on twitter and tweeted

    http://twitter.com/Ardy22/status/1802004279

  • Jinxy and Me said:  

    The Dixie Sheltie is so cute!

  • liliesrnice said:  

    i love the cream lamb lil snuggler.

  • Bakersdozen said:  

    I love the Arroyo Blanket Appaloosa . vidomich(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • 37 Questions said:  

    I would pick Tooth the dog.

  • Donna said:  

    I like the 343 Abracadabra Unicorn.
    donna444444@yahoo.com

  • Donna said:  

    subscriber
    donna444444@yahoo.com

  • Leave your response!