, , , , , , ,

zOrb Review & Giveaway - A fun way to magnify!

Saturday, April 25, 2009 Leave a Comment

Do you have a budding scientist at home or a child that just needs to see every little detail?

If so you may be interested in this neat product by Carson. The zOrb, which is just as cool as it's name.

This egg shaped hand held digital microscope, also has an integrated camera and the ability to capture video! The box states that it has a 35x magnification, however the larger your monitor, the larger the magnification! You can get up to a 53x if you have a 21" monitor.

This is what you get when you purchase a zOrb.


Everything your child (or you!) needs to to display a magnified image right on your computer screen. The zOrb connects directly to your computer through the USB port so it doesn't need batteries.

The zOrb we received from Carson to review was extremely easy to set up and use (it is simple to turn on and off, once set up), and for the price (I found it as low as $40.61 online when I did a Google search) it is a great magnifier for the likes of bugs, rocks, stamps, coins, fibers etc. This won't take the place of a microscope that you would use to view slides for biology or things like that, but it would be a good tool for the elementary aged kids for basic science lessons. We liked that you could take a picture of the magnified object, very helpful for science lessons and projects!

The zOrb comes in three fun colors too, Lava Orange, Safari Green and Surf Blue.

I would recommend this if you are looking for a microscope with a lower magnification resolution. Being able to view the image on a computer monitor really is a unique way to view a magnified image, and more than one child can see it at a time that way too.

Here you can see the zOrb in action:


Carson would like to offer one lucky reader a zOrb!

To enter please visit their website and tell me one other product you would like to experience from Carson.

Be sure to leave your email address if it is not visible in your profile, so I can contact you if you're the lucky winner.

For more entries, you can:

  • Subscribe to my blog via email or feed and let me know you did (or do!)
  • Follow my blog publicly and let me know you did (or do!)
  • Blog about this giveaway and let me know the address
  • Twitter about this giveaway and leave the link to the tweet - you can copy and paste this tweet: @threedifferent Enter to win: zOrb Digital Microscope - Ends May 2 http://tinyurl.com/c2etsu - visit Three Different Directions Blog
  • Add my button to your blog/site - leave the address so I can find it
  • Kirtsy this post
Leave a separate comment for each bonus entry you qualify for.
This giveaway ends on May 2nd and is open to U.S. residents ages 13+.

Please read my **About Reviews at the bottom of this page.

208 comments »

«Oldest   ‹Older   1 – 200 of 208   Newer›   Newest»
  • Reiza said:  

    My kids would love the adventure pack.
    YiddishBitterRose at gmail dot com

  • Anonymous said:  

    The adventure pack would rock in this household!

    mzpaw@yahoo.com

  • mverno said:  

    like to try the bandit mverno@roadrunner.com

  • Shauna said:  

    We used a microscope like this at a museum and my kids loved it. The pocket microscopes would also be useful.

  • Kristenph said:  

    We would love the zOrb! What a neat product. Carson also has a great selection of binoculars and we need a set.

    www.homeschoolblogger.com/kristenph

  • Anonymous said:  

    It would be the binoculars because we only have one pair, we are both bird watchers and we are camping for the summer and will see a lot of birds to check out besides the cool mountain scenery!

  • Anonymous said:  

    tweeted

    http://twitter.com/lisagee123/status/1614175861

  • Anonymous said:  

    follower

  • Anonymous said:  

    email subscriber

  • Kristenph said:  

    I subscribed to your blog in a reader.

  • Kristenph said:  

    I put a button on my blog.
    www.homeschoolblogger.com/kristenph

  • Susan said:  

    The Magniscope would be cool for nature walks:-)

  • Susan said:  

    subscribed via email

  • Brenda Emmett said:  

    We would love the Adventure kit or just a pair of their binoculars. :-)

  • valerie2350 said:  

    the xm series binoculars look great!

  • valerie2350 said:  

    http://twitter.com/valerie2350/status/1614593757

  • valerie2350 said:  

    http://sweeps4bloggers.blogspot.com/2009/04/threedifferentdirections-zorb-giveaway.html

  • Celeste said:  

    The zPix looks cool!

    contact me at:
    celeste@mail4me.com

  • Celeste said:  

    Blog follower

    contact me at:
    celeste@mail4me.com

  • Celeste said:  

    Got your button!
    etsyitup.blogspot.com

    (see the bottom of the page - where I have all of my buttons)

    contact me at:
    celeste@mail4me.com

  • Unknown said:  

    i also love the XM Series
    8x42mm XM-842 binnoculars. amsbolda@hotmail.com

  • Unknown said:  

    I follow. amsbolda@hotmail.com

  • Unknown said:  

    tweeted. 1amypugmire is my username. amsbolda@hotmail.com

  • jffryclough said:  

    i could use the binoculars for the beach!

  • Heidi V said:  

    My son would really enjoy the MicroBrite.


    heidivargas [at] live dot com

  • Heidi V said:  

    Blogged about the giveaway @ http://theblackcell.com/blogs/?p=16724


    heidivargas [at] live dot com

    Thanks!

  • Heather D. said:  

    Ooops, forgot to say what I liked at Carson! I like the MM-740 zPix LED Lighted USB Zoom Microscope. We've been wanting to get a microscope lately.

  • Unknown said:  

    I would love to play with the Magniscope. (Heck with the kids.)

  • agordon10 said:  

    we'd get some binoculars

  • Anonymous said:  

    The SS-550 BackCountry would be awesome to own.

    talonsmom731 at gmail dot com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I am a follower.

    talonsmom731 at gmail dot com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I blogged: http://goyay.blogspot.com/2009/04/zorb-giveaway_25.html

    talonsmom731 at gmail dot com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I twittered: http://twitter.com/talonsmom731/status/1615284585

    talonsmom731 at gmail dot com

  • Unknown said:  

    JK Series - JK-042 - binoculars. We need a pair!

  • Unknown said:  

    http://twitter.com/misaacmom/status/1615641000

  • Unknown said:  

    subscribed via google reader.

  • Unknown said:  

    added your button to blogmania - found your blog via entrecard

  • peg42 said:  

    This Zorb looks fantastic. My sons would love this! I also love the XM Series™ XM-025 binoculars. Thanks so much.

  • peg42 said:  

    I'm a follower.
    Thanks again.

  • Anonymous said:  

    My anniversary is coming up and I found just what I want! I would love to get the "EXTREME CLOSE FOCUS" binoculars or the "SkySeeker" telescope for my husband. Don't know for sure which one yet. I did request a catalog so I can study them both closer!

    moonshadow43(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    Subscribed via email

    moonshadow43(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    Twittered - http://twitter.com/moonshadow43/status/1616014215

    moonshadow43(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    Following you on Twitter

    moonshadow43(at)gmail(dot)com

  • MOMFOREVERANDEVER said:  

    binoculars for sports events and going to the park

  • Anonymous said:  

    Blogged - http://moonshadow43.blogspot.com/2009/04/zorb-hand-held-microscope-giveaway.html

    moonshadow43(at)gmail(dot)com

  • abfantom said:  

    My daughter and I could have so much fun with this.

    I would also like the SuperZoom binoculars

    abfantom (at) yahoo (dot) com

  • Anonymous said:  

    The high definition binoculars would be great for hunting.

    ropeswing77 at yahoo dot com

  • Anonymous said:  

    My kids would enjoy the AdventurePak HU-401.

    samsakara@twcny.rr.com

  • EDRing said:  

    My 10 year old granddaughter has really gotten into nature. I'ld love to get her the MiniScout binoculars.

    Ellen
    eering99@hotmail.com

  • Katherine said:  

    I think the DR-200 ezRead Digital TV Magnifier is a great idea!
    kkondek at gmail.com

  • Katherine said:  

    Tweet! http://twitter.com/ktkatherine/status/1617235432
    kkondek at gmail.com

  • makeetis said:  

    My 3 kids would love the adventure pack I think.
    brewerchickey78(at)yahoo.com

  • purplegengar said:  

    XM-HD HIGH DEFINITION BINOCULARS

  • Anonymous said:  

    I follow :)

  • Anonymous said:  

    I follow.
    naturetoclickatyahoodotcom

  • Anonymous said:  

    I subscribed to your newsletter through email.
    naturetoclickatyahoodotcom

  • Anonymous said:  

    I love so much of their product it's hard to choose but I would love to try out their VM-99 VidiMax cleaner and brush!
    naturetoclickatyahoodotcom

  • Not So Average Mama said:  

    I think we would really enjoy the AdventurePak
    http://www.carsonoptical.com/Outdoor_Kids/Binoculars/HU-401

    This is a great giveaway!!

  • Not So Average Mama said:  

    I am following you under the name stitchblade

  • Not So Average Mama said:  

    following you on twitter under the name stitchblade and I tweeted!

  • Not So Average Mama said:  

    Added your button to my links page here:
    http://notsoaveragemama.com/links/

  • Not So Average Mama said:  

    I signed up for an account on Kirtsy and did that for your post :)

  • chromiumman said:  

    would love the SS-550 BackCountry

  • Rajee said:  

    Love XM Series™
    8x32mm XM-832HD binacular.
    rajikarthik@hotmail.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    How cool is this? I would love to have a digital microscope.

  • randycur0962 said:  

    The microscope will be nice, we have a 12 year old that will be entering Jr. High next year and this will peak his interest in science. I myself, would like binoculars for our camping trip this summer.

  • clc408 said:  

    My aging eyes could use the Chrome Lighted RimFree Magnifier.

  • Anson Young said:  

    The MO-042 Caribou binoculars

  • Denise S. said:  

    My kids would love this and also their binoculars!

  • Erica C. said:  

    the miniscout binoculars are great!

  • Greg said:  

    The SS550 BackCountry would be really cool to have.

    gregjanke AT yahoo DOT com

  • Risingsouth said:  

    My kids would love to have the MicroMax™ - MM-100.

  • Anonymous said:  

    The adventure pack

  • denyse said:  

    The Bandit™ is also great.

  • Fangirl Jen said:  

    The AutoZoom binoculars look great.

  • Stefanie Hartman said:  

    Another item I'd like to get is the Back Country Scope for our big view in the foothills. My son,Bobby, loves this kind of stuff. Blessings,Stefanie Hartman fhartman@frontiernet.net

  • sweetsue said:  

    I love the Zorb, and I also love the XM-025 binoculars!
    smchester at gmail dot com

  • sweetsue said:  

    I follow your blog.
    smchester at gmail dot com

  • Bob D. said:  

    The Scoutplus is really neat because it is small enough to be carried almost anywhere.

    quetzalcoatl463@yahoo.com

  • mobrien said:  

    The BackCountry spotting scope looks like a convenient way to way the birds out back.

  • Estelle said:  

    I like the MicroBrite™ - MM-24. I would love to have a microscope like this.

  • Sunnyvale said:  

    I also like the hands free magnifiers

  • DBAIN said:  

    I would like the Magnitop PT-30 tabletop magnifier. My hobby is electronics and the parts keep getting smaller and smaller every year.

  • llinda29 said:  

    I like SuperZoom™ - Z-80S

  • Crown the Queen said:  

    THe bandit look cool too - I showed my man this giveaway and he is freaking out - He's a scientist lol

  • Crown the Queen said:  

    twitter: http://twitter.com/crownthequeen/status/1625080533

  • Crown the Queen said:  

    I blogged about this SWEEEEET giveaway

    http://crownthequeen.blogspot.com/2009/04/three-diff-directions-giveaway.html

    Science is Super!!

  • Julieanne said:  

    I think that my hubby would just love those High Def binoculars that they sell! Woo-hoo! Thank you for giving us a chance to win this microscope. Looks neat!

    Julieanne
    http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/iLoveHomeschooling

  • vboackle said:  

    i like the adventure pack.

  • Kimberly Kihega said:  

    I'd love to have the adventure pack for my family! Thanks!

  • Kimberly Kihega said:  

    Email subscriber...bkkihega@yahoo.com

  • Susan said:  

    I think we would enjoy the Skyseeker Telescope.
    coachsusie@bellsouth.net

  • cathirushing said:  

    I would really enjoy the MicroBrite

  • The Dreamer said:  

    I like the AdventurePak too!

    addeviant006 at gmail dot com

  • saxoman said:  

    I would like to experience the BackCountry SS-550 Spotting Scope. I would put that scope to good use.

  • Anonymous said:  

    Tweeted about it: http://twitter.com/addictedknitter/status/1632062069

  • Anonymous said:  

    I like The adventure pack

  • DEBIJOT said:  

    I would like the digital magnifier

  • photoquest said:  

    The Binoculars, I love watching birds and i need a pair of these to see them better
    photoquest(at)bellsouth(dot)net

  • photoquest said:  

    I am a subscriber also
    photoquest(at)bellsouth(dot)net

  • Anonymous said:  

    Thank you for a great giveaway! I also like the Adventure kit for my 3 kiddos. Thank you!
    tatertot374@sbcglobal.net

  • apple said:  

    AdventurePak™ is cool especially for kids on camping!

    applez_55@yahoo.com

  • Bebemiqui said:  

    I like their binoculars!
    bebemiqui82(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I like the compact scout binoculars.
    msurosey@yahoo.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    e-mail subscriber
    msurosey@yahoo.com

  • wendy wallach said:  

    I would choose the HD binoculars.

    madamerkf at aol dot com

  • Ken said:  

    We like the FULL SIZED BINOCULARS - JK Series 8x42mm JK-842. Please accept my entry. Thank you.

  • Nadi said:  

    My kid would really enjoy the Hawk binoculars. Thanks for the chance!

    treflea4 at gmail dot com

  • jennem said:  

    I'd also like the
    Lighted LinenTest™ magnifier.
    Jennifer, jennem22 at yahoo dot com

  • mogrill said:  

    I like the adventure pack!! Thanks for the chance.
    mogrill@comcast.net

  • Nickolay said:  

    The Magniscope was neat

    jason@allworldautomotive.com

  • heaventrees said:  

    I like their Z-80S SuperZoom binoculars. They'd be great for the lake. T

  • stowelljg said:  

    I think the zPix™ MM-740 would be great to have. I've always loved looking at nature and examining thing closely and the zPix™ would greatly enhance that experience.

  • Mia J. said:  

    I would like to try the outdoor adventure pack.

  • Smooshy said:  

    i'd like the binoculars!

  • Sarah H said:  

    My daughter likes playing around with our binoculors, she'd like her own.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'd love to get the "SkySeeker" telescope for the kids. They are very interested in the solar system and the stars. Thanks for the giveaway.

  • TDS said:  

    Would love to use the XM Series™ 10x50mm XM-050HD binoculars for comet hunting!

  • yyeres said:  

    I would like to experience the AdventurePak. yyeres(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Unknown said:  

    I also love the adventure pack for kids. my daughter would love the binoculars that come with the pack

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'm Dreaming BIG with The Aim - MTEL-50. The Aim™ refractor type Telescope would be soooo fun for our family. And, my husband has been wanting a telescope. This would allow my husband to share his interest with the kids.

  • blogggggg said:  

    I would like the Bandit Monocular. It focuses quickly and is lightweight, which is perfect.
    wordsmoveme(at)gmail(dot)com

  • blogggggg said:  

    I tweeted!
    http://twitter.com/wordsmoveme/status/1668444289

  • ksbald2 said:  

    The adventure pack would be a hit in my household! Thanks for the contest! ksbald2@yahoo.com

  • boyd said:  

    the lighted magnifiers are also pretty nice.

  • taxchyk said:  

    The kids adventure pack. Lots of learning to be had here, especially over the summer.

  • Lindley said:  

    My son would love to get his own pair of binoculars so he could birdwatch with Dad- thanks!
    linjenals at yahoo dot com

  • idahomom said:  

    The adventure kit would be nice.

  • cindiizzy said:  

    I like the autozoom binoculars.


    mercsmercado at yahoo dot com

  • bfox74 said:  

    I would love the Zorb! I'm all the time finding the magnifying glass to get a better look at weird little stuff! A microscope would rock!

  • Anonymous said:  

    every week my son brings home books of science, facts or infomation, he would love to win this, i think he would love the SkySeeker telescope
    taintedtears102@yahoo.com

  • Vandroid said:  

    The lighted magnifiers look like they'd be handy for my grandparents.

  • Beverley said:  

    I'd love to get the "SkySeeker" telescope for my husband.

  • Unknown said:  

    My littlest is a huge fan of the outdoors so I know he would love the HU-401 AdventurePak™! Thanks!

    sherri419 at gmail dot com

  • Sherry R said:  

    My favorite is the AdventurePak!

    jnkrim (at) qwestoffice (dot) net

  • Sherry R said:  

    I subscribe via email.

    jnkrim (at) qwestoffice (dot) net

  • Sherry R said:  

    I'm a follower!

    jnkrim (at) qwestoffice (dot) net

  • Anonymous said:  

    My daughter would have fun watching the squirrels and birds in our backyard with the MiniScout compact binoculars.
    renee
    yeloechikee at hotmail dot com

  • Alex K. said:  

    I would like to experience the XM-050HD Binoculars.

  • Michael said:  

    I have some projects in which the Carson Zorb Digital Microscope MM-480 would be ideal in helping me to complete. On the other end of the spectrum, the SkyRunner SV-350 would be ideal in helping me with my 'hobby'. :)

    mcj4tlj@comcast.net

  • Anonymous said:  

    Need a nice set of binoculars....

    i(dot)am(dot)823(at)gmail.com

  • covercover said:  

    I like MonoZoom™ for our hiking trips

  • Jayfr said:  

    The LensPen ® - LP-80 looks useful.

  • flared0ne said:  

    I can't help but think that the DR-200 ezRead Digital TV Magnifier would have some excellent possibilities in a classroom setting... Impressive!

  • Quasar said:  

    I would like the MonoZoom

    walters123 (at) hotmail (dot) com

  • Quasar said:  

    I am signed up for your newsletter.

    walters123 (at) hotmail (dot) com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I like their kids AdventurePak

  • Anonymous said:  

    subscribed via email

  • Anonymous said:  

    follow your blog

  • Anonymous said:  

    tweeted
    https://twitter.com/Ardy22/status/1678935756

  • angie said:  

    The AdventurePak™ looks good. Lots of cool things in there.

  • etrnlone said:  

    i like the BackCountry™ - SS-550-
    monocular, looks like a lot of fun to use

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would like to experience the Bandit. garrettsambo@aol.com

  • Eric R said:  

    I like the jk series binoculars

  • bloggytreasures said:  

    I'd love those full size binoculars!
    quelleheure4[at]gmail{dot}com

  • bloggytreasures said:  

    tweet tweet! http://twitter.com/quelleheure4/status/1679552659

  • bloggytreasures said:  

    I subscribe to your feed through my reader.

  • yadgirl said:  

    I like the MagniStand.

  • Angela said:  

    The Clip & Flip™ - CF-10 would be useful.

  • orchidfae said:  

    adventure pack is so cool!

  • john ferris said:  

    Bin0culars.
    john ferris

  • Lorie Shewbridge said:  

    binoculars would be cool

  • Sheila Hickmon said:  

    This looks neat! I would like to try out the Adventure Kit! Thanks for the chance! hawkgirl_16 {at} hotmail {dot} com

  • Sheila Hickmon said:  

    I tweeted! http://twitter.com/mom2anutball/status/1682199027

  • Sheila Hickmon said:  

    I subcribe via google reader!

  • Kathy P said:  

    id love the XM BINOCULARS | XM-HD HIGH DEFINITION BINOCULARS

  • Kathy P said:  

    following your blog as klp1965

  • Anonymous said:  

    The zPix 200 (MM-740) appears to be the zOrb's big brother. That would be interesting to check out too!

  • Anonymous said:  

    DigiKlear
    vbracy@att.net

  • Renee G said:  

    This looks great. I also like the super zoom binoculars.

    rsgrandinetti@yahoo.com

  • GabbyLowe said:  

    I like XM Series™ - XM-842HD binoculres

    timmiedeluca@comcast.net

  • GabbyLowe said:  

    i subscribe

    timmiedeluca@comcast.net

  • GabbyLowe said:  

    i follow on google

    timmiedeluca@comcast.net

  • lace said:  

    I like the sure grip magnifier with the fold out stand. Perfect for little kids.

  • Valancia said:  

    Outdoor Adventure Pack. skyxsky27[at]gmail.com

  • Valancia said:  

    Following your blog.

  • Valancia said:  

    Tweet ! http://twitter.com/skyxsky27/status/1683642377

    skyxsky27[at]gmail.com

  • roseyroser said:  

    I'm interested in the LapTop Pro™ - VM-50. Sounds like it would be really great for cleaning LCD screens.!

  • Jinxy and Me said:  

    I also like the XM Series™ XM-025 Binoculars

  • Jinxy and Me said:  

    I tweeted your giveaway! (My Twitter name is @ThriftyJinxy)

  • kerri69 said:  

    The adventure pack would be pretty cool

  • cman said:  

    I love the XM Series
    8x42mm XM-842 binoculars :)

  • /\Heather/\ said:  

    I would love to try the MonoZoom. I'm a curious one, just like the kinder.

  • Helen said:  

    I like their 10x25mm XM-025 binoculars.

  • ZESTYWONDERLAND said:  

    DR-200 ezRead Digital TV Magnifier us another product I would love to expreince!
    My eye sigth is getting so bad!
    sometimes even with glass~I cannot read fine print!

    zestywonderland@gmail.com

  • Bakersdozen said:  

    I would love the binoculars. vidomich(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • ZESTYWONDERLAND said:  

    I follow on blogger!

    zestywonderland@gmail.com

  • «Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 208   Newer› Newest»

    Leave your response!