, ,

Yanni Voices Album Review

Friday, April 10, 2009 Leave a Comment

I've blogged about Yanni Voices a couple of times now. You can see my previous posts here and here. (You can view video clips and hear some of the music if you check out those links).

When I received this CD to review, I already knew from what I had seen and heard, that I would like it. However, I expected the rest of my family to complain and tell me to turn it off, so I was extremely surprised that Hubby liked this CD too! He's not the kind of person you'd expect to like a CD in this genre.

The unique sounding tracks give the CD somewhat of a sci-fi appeal, which is I suppose what drew Hubby in.

The gorgeous voices of
Nathan Pacheco, Chloe, Leslie Mills and Ender Thomas add to the score in a very nice way.

This is a brilliant piece of work and I found myself turning the volume up on more than one occasion. This CD is an excellent combination of lyrics (often in a foreign language, my daughter is curious as to why I want to listen to music that I can't understand!) with Yanni's synthesizer sounds. The tracks are nicely balanced also. Operatic, easy listening and alternative songs are all featured. While very diverse they all fit well together.

This CD is interesting, fun and different from your average mainstream tunes.

Thank you to Universal Music Group and One2One Network for the review CD.

1 comments »

  • Anonymous said:  

    He is so brilliant! Trying to get ticket's to go see him in ATL.

    PS: My son's name is Yanni. ; )

  • Leave your response!