Home School In The Woods Review
This past year through the TOS Crew, I have been able to try all sorts of fun and unique learning tools.
Now I'm a city girl through and through, so when I heard I was getting something from a company called "Home School in the Woods"...well, I was positively frightened. Images of camping and mosquitoes were passing in front of my eyes.
I was greeted in my e-mail by a very different sight. I was blessed with a New Testament Activity Pack to review.
This pack is set up in a lapbook type format. I really like it. We worked our daily Bible reading around the activity. We had a discussion about where else we've heard these Bible lessons (Sunday School, devotions, cds, etc.), and what (if anything) new we learned from doing these activities. And yes, we did learn some new things!
The step by step instructions were wonderful and for the most part Genius managed on her own to put the activities together (there was one that stumped her, and much to her chagrin, she had to ask for help).
The only thing my 7th grader thought could be improved upon, was that the pictures were kind of tiny to color properly and she had to use pencil crayons because markers would smudge the ink from the printer and wax crayons were not fine enough to color in details.
I would say that you could use this as is for children as young as 2nd grade, although Home School In The Woods, has it recommended for 3rd - 8th grade. Lapbooks are so flexible, they really can be adapted for any age though.
Since you can either purchase this product by download or cd, you can use it over and over through the years. The purchase price for the download is $18.95. One may at first think that is expensive, but since all the research and planning has already been done for you and your children, it really is a fairly reasonable purchase.
Home School In The Woods has many other history based resources for your family. You can check out other reviews of the New Testament Activity Pack at the TOS Crew Blog also.



























Thanks so much for participating in Blog Popz!