, ,

Garden Clogs by Jollys Review and Giveaway

Thursday, March 26, 2009 Leave a Comment


I think you could say that I collect plastic slip on shoes. If you took a peek in my closet, you would find no less than six pairs of the kind that have a reptile on the clasp, one pair of slippers made by the same company and (horrors!) a pair of knock offs. While my husband (as many other people) do not consider this type of footwear to be classified as "shoes", I find them to be the most comfortable and easy to care for shoes ever. Stylish, they are not....

But then I came across Garden Clogs by Jollys. A different kind of clog. Made from 100% CFC-free Polyurethane Foam, they are virtually indestructible, and they come with a set of natural cork and latex insoles, covered with plaid cotton cloth.

I knew that they would be quality shoes before I even received them, because they are imported from Germany. Having grown up with grandparents that lived there, we always had European footwear growing up, and they were always well made.


They felt a little strange when I first put them on, but after I wore them for awhile, the insoles started to pick up my "foot imprint" and then they were very comfortable.


I love clogs, being a busy Mom, I can slip them on and off so easily, and never have to bend over to put them on or lace them up. These seamless clogs are so easy to clean if they happen to accrue some mud while trekking across the soccer fields or if you should actually happen to use them in your garden. Just rinse them with water. The treads keep you balanced and sure footed, and those too, clean up quick, a bit of water and a soft brush will get them looking like new.

The pair of Jollys that I chose to review are the fashion style. I know what you are thinking, "You just said your plastic shoes aren't stylish." I know it's written in print just a few paragraphs above this! But those are the other plastic shoes I own. My Jollys are stylin! I chose a black pair, and my husband (who has become so used to ignoring my footwear), actually thought they were leather just from looking at them. He was instantly impressed (that is saying a lot!).

But Jollys come in a number of different options, and if you want your feet to be noticed (in a good way), check out their picture clogs.


I have never seen Jollys in the stores here, but that's okay because, they can be ordered online (along with extra insoles, so that when you are washing them or they wear out, you can have an extra set on hand, so you don't have to walk around without your Jollys on your feet!). To make it even better, they have free shipping! And if your Jollys arrive and they don't fit, you need not worry because they can be exchanged if they haven't been worn for an alternate size.

Would you like a pair? You can get your own pair of Garden Clogs by Jollys- remember they have free shipping! One Three Different Directions reader will win a pair of their choice thanks to the generosity of Delanni Imports.

WIN IT!! One random commenter can win a pair of Jollys Garden Clogs.

To enter tell me what pair and size you would choose.

The above step is required before you use any of the extra credit options.
Please leave an e-mail if it is not visible in your profile.


Extra Entries! Leave a separate comment for each one you do.

1. Blog about this giveaway, leaving a link to this post.

2. Follow me publicly. Click on follow this blog in the right sidebar. (If you already follow that counts)
3. Subscribe to my blog via rss feed. (If you already subscribe that counts)
4. Add my button to your blog, located at the top left sidebar (If you already have it, let me know with a link to your blog)
5. Follow me on twitter and tweet about this contest. Leave the link to your tweet in the comments.


Contest ends April 2, 2009 at 11:59 pm cst. Winners will be chosen at random. This giveaway is open to US Residents ages 18+.

181 comments »

  • Sue said:  

    I think the Women's Picture Clog - Roses are so cute. Thanks for the fun giveaway~

  • mickeyfan said:  

    I'd choose the Plumeria in size 9/39. I work part time in a gym and always wear a pair of the "other" brand you mentioned in a fun color. The members expect me to be wearing "interesting" footwear, and this would surely fit the bill!

  • mar said:  

    I would choose the Men's in Navy Blue size 12!

  • Jaina's Mom said:  

    I like the Women's Picture Clog - Roses, in a size 8. From you review these look like the would be great.

  • harleymanhawk said:  

    Men's Fashion Clog, size 11, Navy
    harleymanhawk@hotmail.com

  • mverno said:  

    i like the Women's Fashion Clog (Red) size 7 mverno@roadrunner.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'm a classic style kind of gal, but those sunflower ones sure are cute! They would be perfect for me clogging around the garden :) I'm a size 8.5.

    I just followed you on Blogger and Twitter. Tweeted your contest here.

    I'll blog about it and will be back later to leave you the link.

    Please help me with my first giveaway too at Amoores.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'd like the fashion style in hunter green, size 8. sharonaquilino(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    Blogged about the contest in our house :)

  • The Merry Death said:  

    I love Plumeria in size 11.
    meredycat*lycos*com

  • MOMFOREVERANDEVER said:  

    Men's Fashion Clog (Black) sz 13- these look great

  • heartchild said:  

    I would choose the women's red fashion clog in size 6 (36). Great find!

  • Suburban prep said:  

    These are so cute.
    I love the Picture clogs in Plumeria.

    I'd wear them in a size 8.

    Thank you for a wonderful giveaway.

  • Katy said:  

    These are awesome! I'd pick the Women's Classic Clog in yellow. I just love the way the traditional one is sort of fashion-y in a new way! Thanks for the awesome giveaway!!! :)

  • js22 said:  

    I'd love the classic clogs in Navy, and size 9.

    Thanks for the giveaway!

  • Jill said:  

    I like the Woman's Fashion Clog in Brown, size 9. I don't care how unfashionable they might become, I love clogs.

  • PAIGE said:  

    i'd choose womans yellow in size 8- Wow!

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would pick the picture clog-plumeria in size 9. They are just super cute.
    farrell@crosslake.net

  • Anonymous said:  

    I like the blue ones so my feet dont stand out like a sore thumb like if you are wearing say for instance yellow or orange shoes that would be critically fugly.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I subscribe via email
    farrell@crosslake.net

  • Anonymous said:  

    sweet to tweet and follow too

    dunno how to do statuses so I copy and paste the linkypoo.

    lisagee123
    ~Clog giveaway~http://tinyurl.com/dyycqyless than 5 seconds ago from web

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'd like the Navy Blue in size 6.
    traymona[at]aol.com

  • Fangirl Jen said:  

    I'd go with the Navy Blue in size 9. Thanks.

  • Amy L said:  

    I would choose brown in a size 9.

  • Amy L said:  

    I'm following you on Twitter and I Tweeted:
    http://twitter.com/amylou61/status/1396257543

  • Sonya Cocherell said:  

    I like the Plumeria in size 8. Thanks!

  • Stephanie said:  

    Women's Fashion Clog (Black) in size 9 please
    tvollowitz at aol dot com

  • juedy said:  

    I like those Sunflowers, size 8.

  • Jean said:  

    I'd like women's Classic clogs in Navy Blue, size 7

  • brokenteepee said:  

    Oh my, who could resist the classic red clog? Gorgeous! In size 7...
    But a close second is the plumeria - what a clever idea!
    Thanks for another great giveaway.

  • brokenteepee said:  

    I am a subscriber...
    thank you

  • brokenteepee said:  

    I twitted?tweeted?twooted?
    Anywho http://twitter.com/BrokenTeepee/status/1396910232

  • Shannon said:  

    navy in womens size 10

  • Anonymous said:  

    Women's Picture Clog - Sunflowers. Yellow! Size 7.
    harlifantham@yahoo.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'm an e-mail subscriber.
    harlifantham@yahoo.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    MENS SIZE 8 OR 8.5 IN BLUE OR BLACK
    snowyatnite@yahoo.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would really like the Black in a size 11.


    texas_heartland84[at]yahoo[dot]com

  • valerie2350 said:  

    https://twitter.com/valerie2350/status/1397911133

  • slylady said:  

    I like the Women's Fashion Clog in Black size 7

  • Emily said:  

    I like the women's fashion clogs in black, size 8.

  • EDRing said:  

    I would love the Picture Clog - Roses in size 9.

    Ellen
    eering99@hotmail.com

  • jenny said:  

    i think there al realy nice and well if i won them i think i go wit a black pair add me in for this thanks

  • jenny said:  

    i follow as well on both followers and subscribe oh heres my e-mail jenny9675309@yahoo.com

  • Unknown said:  

    I'd go with black size 8. Thanks for entering me!

  • Beverley said:  

    Women's Fashion Clog (Black) Size 8

  • Carolyn G said:  

    I would get Women's Picture Clog - Roses in women's size 9

  • Carolyn G said:  

    I follow on twitter and tweeted:
    http://twitter.com/carogonza/status/1398851436

  • vijeli said:  

    I would choose the womens classic clog in hunter green size 10.
    I've always wanted to try them. Thank you !

  • Unknown said:  

    I love the fashion style black!!!
    Thanks for entering me! Great Contest!

    Janna Johnson
    janna@FeedYourPigBlog.com
    www.FeedYourPigBlog.com

  • Ascending Butterfly said:  

    Women's Fashion Clog (Red) in size 9 for me

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would choose the black clogs in size 7. msurosey@yahoo.com

  • lsfish said:  

    I like the Womens picture clogs in the Roses style size 8

  • clc408 said:  

    I like the Fashion Style in Navy Blue, size 8. Thanks for the giveaway.

  • RobininVT said:  

    I would choose the fashion shoe in black, size 9. Thanks so much for the chance!

  • souldolphindream said:  

    Women's Picture Clog - Roses is so cool looking. I would love to have a pair in size 9.

    souldolphindream@aol.com

    thanks

  • Katmagick said:  

    The Woman's Picture Clog in Plumeria, size 7 is the pair I would choose

  • Katmagick said:  

    Tweet

    http://twitter.com/katmagick/statuses/1400551232

  • Denise S. said:  

    I'd love Navy Blue in size 8.5

  • sweetsue said:  

    I love the Women's Picture Clog - Roses in size 8. They would make gardening a lot more fun!
    smchester at gmail dot com

  • sweetsue said:  

    I follow on Blogger.
    smchester at gmail dot com

  • divaqueenie said:  

    I like the Roses in size 9...they're perfect for gardening!

  • Jennireesa/Jennifer W. said:  

    I like the Women's Picture Clog - Plumeria in size 9.

  • hbbs55 said:  

    I love the women's picture clogs in sunflowers size 10!

  • vboackle said:  

    i like the Women's Picture Clog - Roses, in a size 9.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I like the Women's Fashion Clog in size 8

    Tarah
    tarah716[at]ymail.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I really like the Roses in a size 9
    Thank you!
    tatertot374@sbcglobal.net

  • Anonymous said:  

    I like the Women's Fashion Clog (Red), size 9.

  • Anonymous said:  

    hunter green in size 7 please

  • Mia J. said:  

    I would love the women's fashion clog in red in size 7 if I were the lucky winner. Thanks for the chance.

  • Deborah said:  

    I like the Women's Fashion Style Garden Clog in Hunter Green, size 9. asthenight at gmail dot com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'd like the fashion style in hunter green, size 6

  • Sarah Z said:  

    I like the Fashion Style in Black!
    Thanks
    Sarah
    believedreamcourage (at) gmail.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    Women's Picture Clog - Plumeria are my fave. In size 8 please

  • Anonymous said:  

    I am a follower

  • Anonymous said:  

    I am following on twitter heres a tweet http://twitter.com/drala625/status/1405225257

  • baggypants said:  

    The Sunflower Picture clogs are so cute...in size 9 or 10!!

  • Pamela S said:  

    I'd pick the Women's Picture Clog - Plumeria in size 8. They're so colorful!!

  • cranepuffin said:  

    I would choose a Men's Classic Clog (Navy) in size 13 for my big boy!

  • Christina G. said:  

    I would choose navy blue in size 10. Thanks for the giveaway!

  • Christina G. said:  

    I blogged: http://extra-entries.blogspot.com/2009/03/three-different-directions-garden-clogs.html

  • Christina G. said:  

    I followed you on blogger.

  • Christina G. said:  

    I followed on twitter and tweeted: http://twitter.com/bayview99/status/1406114738

  • The Dreamer said:  

    I would get the Red in 9 for my momma

    addeviant006 at gmail dot com

  • The Dreamer said:  

    rss subscriber

    addeviant006 at gmail dot com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I love these! I would love to have the fashion style clogs in black! Thanks so much for the contest! :)

  • Anonymous said:  

    I follow!

  • mogrill said:  

    I like the roses in size 9! Thanks for the chance.

    mogrill@comcast.net

  • ehhogan said:  

    I like red ones in size 7

    ehhogan@bellsouth.net

  • DOODLEGIRL said:  

    fashion style in navy ble size 9

  • CAmom04 said:  

    These would be so fun to keep by the door! I would choose the NEW! Women's Picture Clog Sunflowers (Fashion style) in size 11. We are growing sunflowers in our backyard this year and I would be the ultimate fashionista with these cute clogs covering my toes!

  • Melissa Butler said:  

    I would choose the Women's Picture Clog - Roses, size 10. I am an RN and know the value of comfortable shoes, and shoes I don't have to touch to take off!

  • heaventrees said:  

    I'd love the Roses picture clog in size 9.

  • Karen said:  

    Love the woman's pink clog.

    ktgonyea at gmail.com

  • CAROLINA said:  

    I'm a clog lover. I had my first pair at 10, brown beauties with colorful Alpine flowers stamped into them.

    I hope I'm the lucky winner of this contest. I would choose the Fashion Style, red, size 11. Bravo jollys for carrying larger sizes. I don't often see 11 and above. Your customer services skills are A+

  • Belinda said:  

    The Men's Classic Clog in size 10 Black would be my pick.
    Thanks!
    1bmore @ gmail . com

  • Island Girl Mainland Mama said:  

    I'd choose the women's fashion clog in black, size 8. thanks!
    correaohana at gmail dot com

  • Bonnie in FL said:  

    I'd have to have any one of the picture grden clogs they are all so pretty

  • geofive said:  

    I love the Women's Picture Clog - Plumeria in size 8.

  • joannaonthelake said:  

    I love to work out in our gardens all spring, summer and fall and have always wanted a pair of Garden Clogs. I think the NEW! Women's Picture Clog - Roses (Fashion style) in Size 9. They are just the cutest design, so bright and cheerful! Thank you for the opportunity to enter.
    joannaonthelake@gmail.com

  • joannaonthelake said:  

    I am following your blog publicly. My username is joannaonthelake

    joannaonthelake@gmail.com

  • joannaonthelake said:  

    I am following you on twitter. My username is joannaonthelake and here is a link to my tweet:

    http://twitter.com/joannaonthelake/status/1426948676

    joannaonthelake@gmail.com

  • joannaonthelake said:  

    I am subscribed to your blog via RSS Feed. Thank you.

    joannaonthelake@gmail.com

  • Unknown said:  

    Womens brown clogs, size 9

    manicmotherme@gmail.com

  • Unknown said:  

    I would pick the Women's Brown Fashion Clog in size 8.

  • trishden said:  

    I like the Women's Picture Clog - Plumeria in size 10. Thanks for a great giveaway!

  • trishden said:  

    I'm a blog follower. Thanks! trishden

  • trishden said:  

    I'm subscribed to your feed in my yahoo. Thanks! trishden

  • trishden said:  

    I'm a twitter follower and I tweeted here:
    http://twitter.com/trishden/status/1428739820

    Thanks
    trishden

  • janetfaye said:  

    Women's Picture Clog - Plumeria, size 10.

    Thank You!

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

  • CDStardust said:  

    I would choose the Women's Fashion Clog in size 8. These look comfy and versatile. Thanks for the giveaway!

  • wendy wallach said:  

    Ilike the roses style in size 7.

    madamerkf at aol dot com

  • Marie said:  

    I like the Roses clogs in size 8.

    vmlay@artsci.wustl.edu

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would choose the Women's Picture Clog - Plumeria in size 10. Thanks.
    -Terra H.
    partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • jennem said:  

    I'd choose Sunflowers size 8.
    Jennifer, jennem22 at yahoo dot com

  • darlanpaulsmamma said:  

    Womens roses size 8 = to cute!
    barnes76@sbcglobal.net

  • Sherry R said:  

    I would love the Black Garden Clogs size 10!

    jnkrim (at) qwestoffice (dot) net

  • Sherry R said:  

    I subscribe in Google reader.

    jnkrim (at) qwestoffice (dot) net

  • Christina said:  

    Christina - xristya@rock.com - I'd like the Women's Red Garden Clogs, in size 8 please!

  • Ali said:  

    I'd love to win the Women's Fashion Clog in brown size 9...It matches the brown mat I'm currently keeping my really ugly blue garden clogs on and the clashing drives me bonkers! ;)

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'd love the Plumeria in size 9. Thanks.

  • Colengal said:  

    I like the womans fashon style clogs in brown size 9.

  • Angie said:  

    I'd pick women's roses - size 8.

  • Trish said:  

    i would pick the yellow cliogs in ladies 8

  • Bebe said:  

    Hi!
    I love the Womans Picture Clog in Plumeria ~ so pretty for the garden! Please enter me into your contest ~ thanks!!
    :)Bebe

  • Lisa Garner said:  

    These look so comfy! I would love to have the Women's Fashion Clog in Hunter Green size 7. Thanks!
    lisalmg25 at gmail dot com

  • Lisa Garner said:  

    I'm following your blog. Thanks!
    lisalmg25 at gmail dot com

  • Lisa Garner said:  

    I'm also subscribed to your feed in google. Thanks!
    lisalmg25 at gmail dot com

  • Lisa Garner said:  

    I'm following you on Twitter user lisalmg and Tweeted. http://twitter.com/lisalmg/status/1436497642
    Thanks!
    lisalmg25 at gmail dot com

  • rosannepm said:  

    I like the Picture clogs in Roses in sixze 8

  • Jinxy and Me said:  

    I would choose black in size 8

  • slehan said:  

    I'd like the Women's Fashion Clog in Hunter Green in size 8

  • slehan said:  

    tweet: http://twitter.com/slehan/statuses/1437105672

  • LaureliB said:  

    I'd pick the closed heel fashion shoe in black, size 9.

    laurelibecker(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I think the Picture Clog - Roses is the one I would like. In size 8 please. Now all I have to do is WIN, right??

    May S.
    may041827@yahoo.com

  • idahomom said:  

    Navy Blue in 8. Please

  • Karen A. said:  

    I'd like the Picture Clogs - Roses. Size 9

  • onlytwoleft said:  

    navy blue ladies size 8 would be lovely

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would choose the women's Plumeria clogs in size 7. Thanks.

  • Tina said:  

    These look so comfortable! I would pick the fashion clog in black size 8. Thanks so much for the contest.

    sweeps4us(at)gmail(dot)com

  • yadgirl said:  

    I like the Women's Fashion Shoe in hunter green.

  • Valancia said:  

    The women's fashion clogs in black, size 10 please. skyxsky27(at)gmail.com

  • nickyle said:  

    Women's Fashion Shoe (Navy), size 10. I have friends that swear by these "plastic shoes", they say they are the most comfortable but I have yet to get a pair of my own so here I am.
    I think they would be great during the summer, get dirty in the garden, spray hose off and you are done. No tracking mud and dirt into the house.
    Thank you for the chance.

  • nickyle said:  

    http://twitter.com/Nickyle/status/1439690561

    Twitter follower and twittered :)

  • Valancia said:  

    blogged- http://skyxsky27.blogspot.com/2009/04/win-shoesclogs-come-enter-this-nifty.html

  • Valancia said:  

    I'm following your blog as 'Taylor'.

  • Valancia said:  

    I subscribed via RSS feed.

  • Valancia said:  

    Im following you on Twitter(skyxsky27) and tweeted.
    http://twitter.com/skyxsky27/status/1439708801

    skyxsky27(at)gmail.com

  • NesieBird said:  

    The women's Plumeria in size 7 1/2 is my pick. Thank you!

  • ~*~lilshuga2001~*~ said:  

    Women's Fashion Clog (Black) in size 10

    ~thanx~

  • ~*~lilshuga2001~*~ said:  

    I follow and I tweeted...

    http://twitter.com/lilshuga2001/status/1440111080

  • arvard said:  

    I like the women's Classic clogs in Navy Blue size 9.

  • carolpie said:  

    I like the women's in blue.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I just found a pair of green Jollys clogs today at a thrift store! I knew they were quality when i saw the German label (mit FuSbett!).

    - Maria

  • Happi Shopr said:  

    Love the Roses (Fashion style) in size 8...trinitygsd at yahoo dot com

  • SeahorseLady said:  

    I would love a pair of the fashion style in hunter green, size 8.
    Thanks for the great giveaway.

  • SeahorseLady said:  

    I subscribe to your blog.

  • lezanac said:  

    I would love the sunflower in size 8

  • Catharine said:  

    Love the picture clogs in Sunflower (size 8).

  • Helen said:  

    My husband would like the Men's Fashion Shoe (Navy) in 9, metric 42.

  • OlyveOyl said:  

    Thanks for the chance to own my own women's fashion clog in brown. I will need a size 11 please. The traction looks like it would be a great asset!

  • ZESTYWONDERLAND said:  

    I love the Women's Classic Shoe (Black) or Clog in Size 8!
    All the colors are pretty but I love to rock a solid black shoe!

    zestywonderland@gmail.com

  • ZESTYWONDERLAND said:  

    I subscribe!

    zestywonderland@gmail.com

  • ZESTYWONDERLAND said:  

    I follow on blogger & you're on my blog roll!

    zestywonderland@gmail.com

  • luckichicka said:  

    I would pick the red in a size 8.5 Thanks!

  • cman said:  

    I love the Women's Fashion Clog (Navy)in a 9 :)

  • /\Heather/\ said:  

    Going with Plumeria, size 8 American. lol

  • Leave your response!