,

Book Review: Gingham Mountain

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 Leave a Comment

Mary Connealy's third book in the "Lassoed in Texas" series is Gingham Mountain. This is actually the first one I've read, but I honestly feel that this book is able to stand alone, without the backing of the other two. I say that, because I didn't even know there were two previous installments when I was reading this.

The book is set in the 1870s, in a tiny Texas town. This is the last place that the orphans stop on long trips from New York, to find homes.

Grant, a single rancher, is the one who adopts these orphans who end up in Sour Springs, Texas, and gives them a home.

In this book, two children are left in Sour Springs, and Grant takes them to the ranch. One problem....Hannah Cartwright. She also has an interest in Libby, one of the orphans Grant adopts, and she does not trust Grant as far as she an throw him.

Did I mention that this is a historical romance? Uh huh, put 2 and 2 together.....although it is a good read, even if from the moment Grant and Hannah meet you can figure out the ending.

A single father of six, with about 15 more that he's already raised, some only a couple years younger than himself, provides some good laughs and Mary Connealy kept my interest throughout the entire novel.

And I will be on the lookout for the first two books in this series to read in the future.

0 comments »

Leave your response!