, ,

The Birth of Cornelius CD Review & Giveaway

Thursday, March 19, 2009 Leave a Comment

The release of "The Birth of Cornelius" doesn't just mark the arrival of a major new artist on Motown Records. The album chronicles the latest chapter for a musician who has already had a remarkable career -- and an extraordinary life. Though virtually unknown here in the United States, Corneille sells out arenas in other parts of the world.

Corneille was born in Germany, but at the age of 6, his family returned to Rwanda, their country of origin. In 1994 when the horrific genocide in Rwanda claimed more than 800,000 people, Corneille's parents and other family members were killed in the massacre. At just 17 years old, he alone managed to escape.

In turn music was an outlet for him. He found fans in France and Quebec, and has a recorded a song with a Senegalese superstar. The R&B style of this CD should appeal to fans of John Legend, Tracy Chapman and Marvin Gaye.

After having listened to this cd for a few days, I realize Corneille has some real panache. Considering this was his first album produced with English tracks, most of the songs have good lyrics, and his singing voice is flawless. This guy has talent, and if you are truly interested in experimenting with a new star and/or a new genre of music, you should check him out. His website is located at http://www.corneillemusic.com/.

You can also look at the Amazon Corneille page where you can preview some of his music as well as watch a video where he discusses his life and The Birth of Cornelius album.

WIN IT!! One random commenter can win an Autographed Copy of The Birth Of Cornelius CD.

To enter tell me what your favorite non kid-oriented music is?

The above step is required before you use any of the extra credit options.
Please leave an e-mail if it is not visible in your profile.


Extra Entries! Leave a separate comment for each one you do.

1. Blog about this giveaway, leaving a link to this post.

2. Follow me publicly. Click on follow this blog in the right sidebar. (If you already follow that counts)
3. Subscribe to my blog via rss feed. (If you already subscribe that counts)
4. Add my button to your blog, located at the top left sidebar (If you already have it, let me know with a link to your blog)
5. Follow me on twitter and tweet about this contest. Leave the link to your tweet in the comments.


Contest ends March 28, 2009 at 11:59 pm cst. Winners will be chosen at random. This giveaway is open to US Residents ages 18+.

33 comments »

  • 3carnations said:  

    My favorite non kid oriented music is Barenaked Ladies. Although my son does like them, too.

  • saragillman said:  

    I am a total rock and roller

  • valerie2350 said:  

    non-kid oriented? lol - I took my kids to OzFest ;)

  • valerie2350 said:  

    http://twitter.com/valerie2350/status/1355740496

  • mverno said:  

    gypsy tramps and thieves

  • reddon30 said:  

    Non-kid? So many...but Rock, Alternative and jazz are my favorite.

  • chromiumman said:  

    anything by the counting crows

  • MOMFOREVERANDEVER said:  

    ok non kid- beatles- chicago- rolling stones

  • paulinerose said:  

    I have a very eclectic taste in music :)

  • The Merry Death said:  

    I love The Beatles and Belle & Sebastian.
    meredycat*lycos*com

  • Sunnyvale said:  

    I like to listen to Andrea Bocelli

  • Nickolay said:  

    Kid Rock

    jason@allworldautomotive.com

  • David Johnson said:  

    I like rock, alternative, indie, some country, some metal, thanks.

  • Ken said:  

    I have favorite artists at the top of many genres. The Beatles, The Clash, Yes, Britney Spears, Eminem, Kraftwerk and others. Please accept my entry. Thank you.

  • Karen said:  

    My fav is the Beatles.

    ktgonyea at gmail.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I like the oldies of Elvis Presley.
    farrell@crosslake.net

  • Anonymous said:  

    Third Eye Blind.
    Most def not kid oriented, but they are amazing.


    clarkmurdock@yahoo.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    Seventies Disco!

    theyyyguy@yahoo.com

  • superdavefive said:  

    I love all music, but I love classic rock the best. The Beatles, Grateful Dead, Jimi Hendrix... you get the idea. I do appreciate any and all music.

    thanks for the contest.
    superdavefive(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    B B King is my favorite. garrettsambo@aol.com

  • travellingmomof2 said:  

    Jimmy Buffett is my favorite non-kid music.

  • Helen said:  

    I love Pop music! Give me some Justin Timberlake or Britney Spears.

  • Charlene Kuser said:  

    I like Seal and Lenny Kravitz

    CharlieGurl57@aol.com

  • Charlene Kuser said:  

    Following your blog

    CharlieGurl57@aol.com

  • Charlene Kuser said:  

    Subscribe to your blog via rss feed

    CharlieGurl57@aol.com

  • Charlene Kuser said:  

    Following you on Twitter and Tweet
    (Swtlilchick)
    http://twitter.com/Swtlilchick/status/1410484949


    CharlieGurl57@aol.com

  • ZESTYWONDERLAND said:  

    I am obessed with Paolo Nutini & Darren Hayes!

    zestywonderland@gmail.com

  • ZESTYWONDERLAND said:  

    I follow your blog on blogger & you're on my blog roll!

    zestywonderland@gmail.com

    http://zestywonderland.blogspot.com/

  • ZESTYWONDERLAND said:  

    I subscribe!

    zestywonderland@gmail.com

    http://zestywonderland.blogspot.com/

  • Leave your response!