,

Tuesday's Tip Jar

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 Leave a Comment

Welcome to this week's addition of Tuesday's Tip Jar!

Spring is coming soon (I hope!), and with it comes the beauty of nature that is creeping back to life. I love nature...from a distance. I am a city girl through and through, and while I deem it all beautiful and wonderful, would rather not have it up close.

Which is my dilemma. See, we live in a condo unit that has fire sprinkler heads on our balcony. Prime spot for nest making (see where I'm going here?). The birdies, well they just love to build nests on our sprinkler head. But that just can't be allowed, so this is what I need to do to deter them...so my Tuesday Tip is....

To keep birds of your stuff, hang twisted strips of aluminum foil close to what you want to keep them away from using fishing line. The light reflections and the sound will keep birds away.


For more Tips visit Blog Mommas!

2 comments »

  • Anonymous said:  

    Wow! That is a great idea that I am defintely going to try! We get the European Starlings here and they are such a nuisance!

    Happy Tuesday!
    :)
    Becki@BlogMommas

  • Kalei said:  

    I also heard that on NPR this weekend about woodpeckers and old CD's. The CD's Spin on the fishing line and create a distraction from the nearby pleasure. Great Tip!

  • Leave your response!