, , , , ,

snackTAXI Review & Giveaway

Saturday, February 28, 2009 Leave a Comment

It troubles me to think about how much waste my family has created over the years by snacking and packing sandwiches. Between the plastic zip top bags we've left in landfills, to the single serving snack pouches, I'm sure we have our own little mound at the local dump that we could put a flag on, and claim as our own.

SnackTAXIs will change all that though! Designed as an alternative to plastic zip top bags, snackTAXIS are perfect for transporting snacks and sandwiches anywhere you are headed.



Why not just pack re-usable containers you ask? For little fingers (sometimes even for big ones) lids can often be difficult to open. They generally take up more room in a lunch bag as well. The Velcro on snackTAXIs make them easy to open and close, even for the littlest of fingers.


Since snackTAXIs have a coated nylon lining (the coating is applied to the underside of the lining, so it doesn't come in contact with the food),they are easy to keep clean too! They can be machine washed and dried or hand washed and air dried.

The sandwich size bags are about the size of a 1 qt Ziploc bag, and they can hold a lot. I filled mine up with a dozen of these little cookies and it still fastened securely. (I know I know, they're individually wrapped cookies, but see now that I have a snackTAXI, I don't have to buy those any more!)


If none of the above has yet convinced you that snackTAXIs are the way to go, here's another plus, they are made right here in the United States. A cottage industry in MA sews them, and a mom of three invented them. The snackTAXIs are very well constructed too.

You'll want to pick one or two up for each child, and since the sandwich size comes in 33 different fun patterns, and the snack sacks in 35, each child can have their own design. No more hearing "Mom, he ate pretzels from my bag", "no that was my bag", "no it wasn't, that was mine".....
These two patterns are called Bright Huts and Bright Masks.
The sandwich size bags are $8.95 and the snack size bags are $6.95, they are available to purchase at some retail stores across the nation, or you can purchase them online at the snackTAXI website. You will not only be saving the earth by using these, but money too!

WIN IT!! Seven (yes seven!!) of my readers will receive a snackTAXI of their very own (I have some in each of the patterns you see in this review).

To enter, visit snackTAXI and tell me which pattern you like the best besides the ones shown in this review. (I will not publish these comments until the contest is concluded).

The above step is required before you use any of the extra credit options. Please leave an e-mail if it is not visible in your profile.

Extra Entries! Leave a separate comment for each one you do.

1. Blog about this giveaway, leaving a link to this post and to snackTAXI. (be sure to leave the link to your post in the comments)
2. Follow me publicly. Click on follow this blog in the right sidebar. (If you already follow that counts)
3. Subscribe to my blog via rss feed. (If you already subscribe that counts)
4. Add my button to your blog, located at the top left sidebar (If you already have it, let me know with a link to your blog)
5. Follow me on twitter and tweet about this contest. Leave the link to your tweet in the comments.

Do you use Entrecard? Earn one more credit by using your credits on my blog. Your comment must include your blog name with which you used your credits for, so I can check it against incoming adverts.

Contest ends March 7, 2009 at 11:59 pm cst. Winners will be chosen at random. US & Canadian Residents ages 18+ only.

100 comments »

  • Leslie M. said:  

    Oh Tammy, what a great idea!!! I showed my hubby and we both are Earth lovers, Tree Huggers, and Recyclers!

    The Green Taxi Check pattern is my favorite!! I hate the idea of all that stuff in our landfills.. this IS one way to help!
    Thank you so much for this giveaway! And good luck to Everyone who enters! Everyone is a winner!
    Leslie
    LeslieVeg@msn.com
    http://leslielovesveggies.blogspot.com/

  • Leslie M. said:  

    Yes I sure do follow your Blog, I love it! and you are a Precious Lady!
    Leslie
    LeslieVeg@msn.com
    http://leslielovesveggies.blogspot.com/

  • Leslie M. said:  

    I am already a subscriber I do NOT want to miss a single post of your Blog!
    Leslie
    LeslieVeg@msn.com
    http://leslielovesveggies.blogspot.com/

  • Leslie M. said:  

    LeslieVeg is following you on Twitter and I left you a tweet
    http://tinyurl.com/c9vxwe

    Leslie
    LeslieVeg@msn.com
    http://leslielovesveggies.blogspot.com/

  • mverno said:  

    i like the sporty sandwich-sack

  • annies home said:  

    I like the sporty sandwich snack

    shopannies@Yahoo.com

  • annies home said:  

    subscribed to feed
    shopannies@Yahoo.com

  • Shauna said:  

    I love the geometry on black and color blocks prints, but my favorite is the sea monkey!

  • Sue said:  

    I have four boys that I pack lunches for. As much as I'd like to choose one of those cute pink ones, I have to say Skulls on Black for the sake of the kids who'd use it! Thanks for the fun giveaway - I love this idea!

  • Lori Watson said:  

    Very cool, thanks for sharing! I thought the color block pattern was cute, it's neat that they have so many. This would be a great option for those of us who live near the beach. We already have a water bottle for everyone. We keep our beach stuff in the van, fill our bottles, and head out in the summer. This would make a cool addition to keep snacking cheaper (summer is the only time I buy the individual packages).

  • Betty N said:  

    I think my grandkids would like the camo critters pattern but there is such a great selection of patterns, I would be happy with most of them.

  • mar said:  

    I could not make up my mine so I am finally going with the kona black sandwich sack as my favorite. I love this concept - and it is washable!

  • Anonymous said:  

    pink ta dot
    KawaiiNeko2008 (at) aol (dot) com

  • KR said:  

    I like the pink ta dot snack-sack

  • danosor said:  

    I kinda like the Geometry on black snack sack.I just subscribed.

  • valerie2350 said:  

    i like the cool picks and the mod blooms :)

  • valerie2350 said:  

    http://twitter.com/valerie2350/status/1263379539

  • Miss Spoken said:  

    I like the Tweet Tweet fabric
    gkstratos@yahoo.com

  • Miss Spoken said:  

    Subscriber
    gkstratos@yahoo.com

  • Miss Spoken said:  

    Following
    gkstratos@yahoo.com

  • Heidi said:  

    My favorites are Camo Critters, Mod Dots and Wake Up Green!

    mom2jc@yahoo.com

  • Laura O in AK said:  

    I love the bright masks one. Thanks for sharing about this on the TOS Crew board!

    laurasteve @ aol.com

  • Tracysweetangl said:  

    I like the Colored Blocks! thanks!

  • Sheila Hickmon said:  

    I like the dogs in shoes on blue design!
    hawkgirl_16 {at} hotmail {dot} com

  • baggypants said:  

    I like the cool pic one!!

  • Unknown said:  

    What a great product! I love the skulls and the reduce, reuse, recycle bags the best

    sports_goddess at hotmail dot com

  • Stephanie said:  

    like color blocks and camo critters!
    tvollowitz at aol dot com

  • Shannon said:  

    I like the sporty sack.

  • denyse said:  

    I love the camo critters sandwich-sack.

  • sweetsue said:  

    I like the geometry on black sandwich sack. This is such a good idea, I use so many sandwich bags-what a waste!
    smchester at gmail dot com

  • The Merry Death said:  

    I absolutely love the Reduce, Reuse, Recycle one! It's totally me!
    meredycat*lycos*com

  • The Merry Death said:  

    I tweeted! https://twitter.com/meredycat

  • The Merry Death said:  

    Follower.
    meredycat*lycos*com

  • Deborah said:  

    I like the Flora & Fauna pattern. asthenight at gmail dot com

  • Anonymous said:  

    camo critters sandwich-sack is cute! My son starts kindegarden next year so I'd love this for him!
    kristi2bsb@yahoo.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I really like the tweet tweet one!

    autielady[at]live.com

  • Storm, The Psychotic Housewife said:  

    I love the skulls on black pattern!

    stormraven at gmail dot com

  • Storm, The Psychotic Housewife said:  

    I sent a request for an advert on Entrecard (Confessions of a Psychotic Housewife)

  • 3carnations said:  

    I like the Dogs in Shoes design. These are awesome!

  • Anonymous said:  

    I really like the mod blooms sandwich-sack. Very cute! Thank you for a great giveaway!
    tatertot374@sbcglobal.net

  • judybrittle said:  

    I really like the Sporty. That is a cute design. Thank you!

  • Tammy said:  

    I like papillon sandwich-sack. Thanks for the contest.

  • Danielle M. said:  

    I love the mod blooms design. My daughter would love these. She always wants to do her part to reduce waste and conserve.

    dmmarklin at bresnan dot net

  • Holley V said:  

    I love the Frog Chow and Mod Dots versions! Thanks for the giveaway!

  • jodene said:  

    I love love love this idea and I would choice the papillon pattern.

  • Dina said:  

    I like the groovy guitar lime sandwich-sack! So cute.

    Thanks for the contest!

  • rosannepm said:  

    I likethe Groovy Guitar in Lime
    rosans4@comcast.net

  • Rachel said:  

    Dogs in shoes, without a doubt, because it's ridiculous!

    racheliznewman@gmail.com

  • The Dreamer said:  

    LOVE the cool picks and the lime groovy guitar!

    thanks

    addeviant006 at gmail dot com

  • justicecw said:  

    I love Disco Dots but I know my son would love the Groovy Guitar in lime. Thanks so much for the chance, justicecw@hotmail.com

  • justicecw said:  

    I just subscribed for email updates. thanks, justicecw@hotmail.com

  • justicecw said:  

    I just became a follower. thanks, justicecw@hotmail.com

  • lezanac said:  

    I love the dogs in shoes pattern

  • Anonymous said:  

    Disco Dots!

    theyyyguy@yahoo.com

  • Lisa Garner said:  

    I think the green taxi check snack-sack is my favorite print! Thanks!
    lisalmg25 at gmail dot com

  • Lisa Garner said:  

    I'm following your blog. Thanks!
    lisalmg25 at gmail dot com

  • Lisa Garner said:  

    I'm subscribed to your RSS feed in google. Thanks!
    lisalmg25 at gmail dot com

  • theolotto said:  

    I like the disco dots design.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I like camo critters. garrettsambo@aol.com

  • Candie L said:  

    I love the Camo Critter style. Thank you.

    candieluster(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Candie L said:  

    I subscribed. Thank you.

    candieluster(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Candie L said:  

    I followed you. Thank you.

    candieluster(at)gmail(dot)com

  • daytoncat said:  

    I like the camo critters!

    daytoncat1(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • John Deal said:  

    I like the Frog Chow. AztecFeller@aol.com

  • Charlene Kuser said:  

    I favor the groovy guitar lime sandwich-sack.Thanks for the giveaway

    CharlieGurl57@aol.com

  • Charlene Kuser said:  

    Following you on Blogger (Swtlilchick)

    CharlieGurl57@aol.com

  • Charlene Kuser said:  

    Subscribed

    CharlieGurl57@aol.com

  • Charlene Kuser said:  

    Following you on Twitter (Swtlilchick) and tweet
    http://twitter.com/Swtlilchick/status/1294042731

    CharlieGurl57@aol.com

  • CanAmBlond said:  

    My favorite snack pattern is the Camo Critters, my boys would get a real kick out of those. Thanks for the chance to win one, and for introducing me to yet another new product.

    sasquatch1bmf[at]gmail[dot]com

  • CanAmBlond said:  

    I'm a follower too, thanks!

  • CanAmBlond said:  

    And I subscribe to your rss via Google reader, thanks again!

    sasquatch1bmf[at]gmail[dot]com

  • Vaiva said:  

    Fly By Night is my favorite. Thanks, viva
    vivaciousb4 (at) yahoo (dot) com

  • Helen said:  

    My favorite is the fly by day sandwich.

  • ZESTYWONDERLAND said:  

    I would want the batik bubbles sandwich-sack!
    I am just a bubbly gal!

    zestywonderland@gmail.com

  • ZESTYWONDERLAND said:  

    I am flollowing you on blogger & your on my blog roll!

    zestywonderland@gmail.com

  • ZESTYWONDERLAND said:  

    I subscrine in reader & by email@

    zestywonderland@gmail.com

  • njsunbunny said:  

    I like the Disco Dot Pattern!

  • kylie8cake said:  

    i like the disco dots design. Thanks!

    kylie8cake@gmail.com

  • kylie8cake said:  

    i am a follower on blogger

  • Anonymous said:  

    Bright Citrus sandwich-pack & ty.ambpool(at)hotmail.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    Subscribed! ambpool(at)hotmail.com

  • /\Heather/\ said:  

    frog chow is hilarious! love that pattern.

  • 37 Questions said:  

    I love the peapods sandwich bag, but they are all so cute!

  • Anonymous said:  

    batik bubbles sandwish sack for me, so retro. llchacko(at)hotmail.com

  • Donna said:  

    I like the camo critters.
    donna444444@yahoo.com

  • Donna said:  

    I am a subscriber.
    donna444444@yahoo.com

  • Donna said:  

    I am a follower.
    donna444444@yahoo.com

  • Donna said:  

    I put your button on my blog.
    http://donna444444.blogspot.com/
    donna444444@yahoo.com

  • lilyk said:  

    I love the camo critters sandwich sack!

  • lisaray said:  

    I know my daughter would love the peace flowers sandwich-sack.

  • lilyk said:  

    I subscribed by email.

  • Anonymous said:  

    My favorite is the papillon. Thank you for the opportunity to participate in this giveaway!

  • Leave your response!