Allergaroo Review & Giveaway

If you have a child with allergies, you may hear the "It's Not Fair" rant once in awhile, when they are not allowed to eat what others can.
I know it has always been a problem for me, that when I'm looking for a food to bring along on a group outing or get together, to make sure that I'm checking labels, in order that all the kids can partake. That can be tough though.
That's how Allergaroo was born. Tabor, a mother of children with multiple allergies, was looking for easy ready made meals for her family, and couldn't find any on the store shelves. The products she ordered off the internet, just didn't taste very good. So she came up with her own dishes.
Allergaroo is the country's only allergy-friendly, gluten-free brand of ready-made dishes. They are free of the eight most common allergens (wheat, milk, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, fish and shellfish), and are made without casein, potato, sesame and sulfites. Available in three varieties they are easy to make and taste great. We got to try all three varieties. These are so simple to use. You just tear the notch at the top to vent the steam out. Place in the microwave for 45 - 60 seconds, and you have a tasty, allergen free meal.
The noodles in the package are made of rice, so if you are used to other types of noodles, you may notice that they have a firmer texture to them.
I personally tried the Chili Mac. The sauce was mild enough that most children would like it if they generally are chili eaters (mine isn't, so that's why I tasted it). I thought the sauce had a great consistency, and that the noodles tasted good.
Genius tried the Spyglass Noodles and the Spaghetti. When I asked her how she liked it, she told me the sauce was strong. I wasn't quite sure what she meant by that so I took a little sampling of it. As soon as I tasted it, I knew what she meant. By golly, the tomato sauce tasted like tomatoes! Having had so many artificially flavored sauces, had apparently deadened those taste buds. She really liked it, and after having eaten the Spyglass Noodles, asked when she could have the Spaghetti. She enjoyed that just as much. With 8oz in a package she felt it was a good amount for a meal.
I was thinking of all the reasons that one would want to have these on hand in their pantries.
- If your child does have allergies, it's a great meal to pack along if they're going to a friend's place over a meal hour. You need not worry about cross contamination or allergens getting into their food.
- Going out for the evening. Leave the babysitter a package to heat up. Again even if they are aware of the allergies your child has, it's easy and convenient, and you don't have to be concerned.
- You just need a quick and simple meal to make for your kids that tastes good. These are so convenient.
- Traveling? Bring a few with. You won't need to scour the aisles of a unknown grocery store reading all those labels.
- If your child doesn't have allergies, I can bet you know one who does, or maybe you don't, which is just as much reason to have these on hand. If you are unaware of any allergies of a child that is at your home for a meal, you can serve one of these and feel confident that it is allergy friendly, not having ingredients that of the 8 most common allergens.
As with all packaging one needs to be careful when removing it from the microwave. Allergaroo has the warnings on them. The packages do get very hot on the bottom during microwaving, so supervision with younger children is probably a good idea.
Would you like the chance for your children to try Allergaroo? If so keep reading. You could win 3 packages of Allergaroo (one of each flavor) by following the instructions below.
Here's how to enter: (By leaving a comment you agree to the Privacy Disclosure and Rules)
- Visit Allergaroo tell me the closest store you can buy these products at and which variety you think your kids would like best.
For additional entries (the above entry MUST be done in order to qualify for additional entries)
- Follow my blog publicly (that's the only way I can verify) if you already follow publicly just comment with that and your blogger id.
- Subscribe to my feed, if you already subscribe just mention that you already do.
- Write a post and link back to this contest on your blog, leave the permalink so I can find you.
- Spread the word to your friends via twitter and leave your username with the link.
- Grab my button, and put it on your blog, leave a link so I can find you, if my button is already on your blog just let me know.
- Use your EC credits to buy advertising on Three Different Directions, just comment with your blog name so I can check my list of current and awaiting ads.
US Residents ages 18+ only please.
Contest ends on February 26, 2009 at 10:00 am cst.



























the chili mac I bet and they are everywhere- can I ask where in the store- I have never seen these in IGA- are they in the pharmacy- diet area or where?
Wow, I have never been first to comment, too cool. I can get Allegaroo at Good 4 U Nutrition in Arnold, MO.
Thank you for the giveaway.
The closest store to me is Togard, OR and I follow publicly as heartchild.
Thanks!
Angie
love to tell you but maine isn't on the state list. still would like to try it
lunardi's in san jose
they all sound good - my guys would probably choose the spyglass noodles first.
http://twitter.com/valerie2350/status/1228260440
The closest place for me to buy it would be in Lexington which is two hours away. I think my boys would enjoy the spaghetti the most.
at my Local Giant Eagle
I think Albertson's, and probably the spagetti. I would love to try this.
starr_greenwellATcomcast.net
The closet store to me is in Franklin, TN. About 5 hours away! I think my daughter would like the Chili Mac. She likes thing kind of spicy and zesty, and she's into meat!
quitecontrary1977@hotmail.com
ORGANIC FOOD DEPOT
is the nearest retailer to me. I think my son would like the Chilli mac best. He loves Mac and Cheese. Charlotte
charlottewinters@cox.net
The closest store that sells these is the Old Wheat Barn in Ruston, la. and we would like to try the spyglass noodles.
GRASSLAND MARKET
FRANKLIN, TN 37069, they would probably like the spyglass noodles. Thank you for the giveaway
closest store is PODESTO'S MARKET in stockton
i think we'd like the chili mac best
The closest store to me that carries Allergaroo is 275 ORGANIC MARKET in NEW YORK, NY. I would like to try and I look forward to trying the Allergaroo Chili Mac the most.
Closest place to me is GREENACRES MARKET #2!
hawkgirl_16 at hotmail dot com
Im a follower!
hawkgirl_16 at hotmail dot com
Whole foods in Tucson. chili mac
I think my kids would like chili mac the best. I can buy Allergaroo products at all of the Jewels near me :)
Thanks for the giveaway and please enter me :)
hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com
WINN DIXIE #1357
BILOXI, MS
Spaghetti would be a hit in my household.
Thanks!
1bmore @ gmail. com
FRANKLIN SQUARE HEALTH FOOD
spyglass noodles
WINN DIXIE
#698
ST. PETERSBURG, FL
I think they'd like any of them. The spyglass ones look cool.
HOLIDAY FOOD CENTER
1203 S MAIN ST
ROYAL OAK, MI 48067
very close to my house. I think my grandson would love the Spaghetti.
Thank you!
We could find it at King Soopers in Loveland, CO and my kids would try the Spyglass Noodles!
thank you for the great contest
enter me please
there are no stores close to me, all in NorCal and I am SoCal - but my kiddo would like to try the spyglass noodles
seesessel (at) gmail (dot) com
G&G Market in Petaluma, CA . My kids would probably like the Spyglass Noodles best. THanks!
The closest store to me is Greenacres in Wichita Kansas. Spyglass noodles, please. (I just like the name!)
I would go to EVERYTHING NATURAL UNDER THE SUN in Altoona, PA
I can buy Allergaroo at the Whole Foods in Old Town Alexandria, just a few blocks from my house. I think the Spyglass noodles would be the best, if not just for the name!
WINN DIXIE
STORE #163
PALATKA, FL
I can get these at Kroger.
I already follow.
I subscribe in google reader.
this looks like a great quick and easy meal for your kids that don't even have food allergies. I would rather give this to them than any other prepared store bought pasta dish. My nearest store is the Jewel store in the next town over, and a natural food store that I have heard of but never been to in another nearby town. Thanks for the giveaway.
Chili Mac
Hornbachers Osgood
tiramisu392 (at) yahoo.com
Giant Eagle in Columbus carries these. Thank you for a great giveaway!
tatertot374@sbcglobal.net
These are available at the Rosauers near me (in Spokane). I think my boys would love the spyglass noodles the best.
rsgrandinetti(at)yahoo(dot)com
WEST SIDE HEALTH
NEW YORK, NY
My daughter would like the Rice Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce.
Jennifer, jennem22 at yahoo dot com
The closest store is Joe's Produce in Livonia MI. I think the favorite would be the chili mac.
pkildow at gmail dot com
Whole Foods in Scottsdale. I would try spaghetti.
I found a store in Baxter--the Super One I usually shop at--so I'll have to look for these products. I think we would like the Spaghetti best.
farrell@crosslake.net
I subscribe.
farrell@crosslake.net
GIANT EAGLE #4090
7200 PEACH ST
ERIE, PA 16509
spyglass noodles
joni514@roadrunner.com
The closest for me to buy Allergaroos would be a Winn Dixie in Palm Coast, FL, and the kids say they'd like to try the Chili Mac.
I can buy them at the Old Country Store in Hot Springs, AR
Kroger in Rockwall, TX and I think they'd love Penne Rice Pasta with Tomato Sauce and Ground Chicken. trinitygsd at yahoo dot com
The closest store is
SAVAGE
CUB FOODS
STORE #31524
SAVAGE, MN
I think the chilli mac would be the biggest hit
jason@allworldautomotive.com
The closest store to me (although not really "close" relatively) is New Castle, PA.
My daughter does the "not fair" thing nearly every day with things she can't eat and I am so thrilled to find this product. I'd love to try it out with her!
I just subscribed via email. :-)
My kids would probably like spaghetti best. The closest store to me would be WHOLE FOODS LEXINGTON, KY which is too far away to shop.
avalible at Jewel- spyglass noodles
The closest store to me is Grassland Market, in Franklin, TN.
Andwe would really enjoy the Chili Mac.
clarkmurdock@yahoo.com
The closest place I could buy Allergaroo would be: TAMPA, WINN DIXIE #637 TAMPA, FL.
My nephew would like all 3 so I can't decide which one he would like most!
harlifantham@yahoo.com
I'm a subscriber.
harlifantham@yahoo.com
I could get this past at my local Central Market in San Antonio, Texas!
I am sure the kids would love the Chili Mac the best!
The nearest store would be SIMPLY GLUTEN FREE in Thousand Oaks. I think my kid would like the spaghetti best.
PabaV at AOL dot com
The Ball's Hen House is the nearest location(2 miles)listed that carries these products, which surprised me because we love pasta and I thought I knew virtually every product they stock. And although I may prefer the chili mac, the voting majority (3 kids) would opt for the spaghetti. :)
mcj4tlj@comcast.net
ELBERT'S NATURAL FOOD MARKETS INC
EVANSVILLE, IN
follower
My closest location is Against the Grain in Taylorsville, UT - not to close but not bad! And my kids are huge spaghetti fans, so the spaghetti would be a must!
pauline15_01 at hotmail dot com
Looks for a store near me, and there isn't one. I'm in Crystal River, FL. The closest to me is Winn Dixie in Ocala which is a drive. Too bad they don't carry them here. I bet the Penne Rice Pasta with Tomato Sauce and Ground Chicken would be a big hit.
I'm a follower.
JAKE'S PLACE
4360 E FAIRVIEW AVE
MERIDIAN, ID
I think they would like the spaghetti
strange, I have never come across this product.
PHILADELPHIA
WHOLE FOODS
2001 PENNSYLVANIA AVENUE
PHILADELPHIA, PA
WHOLE FOODS
929 SOUTH STREET
PHILADELPHIA, PA
The KROGER #445 in ARLINGTON, TX is closet to me. I think my kids would like the Spaghetti the best.
jennylovesjeff (at) hotmail (dot) com
My children would love the Spyglass Noodles best! Allergaroo is sold at Clover's Natural Food South in Columbia, MO which is close to me!
Thanks!
lisalmg25 at gmail dot com
I'm following your blog.
Thanks!
lisalmg25 at gmail dot com
I'm an email subscriber too.
lisalmg25 at gmail dot com
Nowhere in my city but if I travelled 45 minutes or an hour I could find the product at Jewel in Woodstock or Schumburg.
rosans4@comcast.net
I follow you and forgot to mention in my last post that we'd want chili mac
rosans4@comcast.net
I subscribe
rosans4@comcast.net
I can purchase these at TOUCAN MARKET and my kids would love the Spyglass Noodles.
The closest place to purchase is about 50 miles away -
AKIN'S NATURAL FOODS MARKET
6900 O ST MERIDIAN PK CTR
LINCOLN, NE
Spaghetti would be the most popular in my household.
SUNFLOWER SHOPPE
FORT WORTH, TX
Rice Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce
WHOLE FOODS, BETHESDA, MD. We'd like the Rice Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce.
My kids would like the spagetti.
ELBERT'S NATURAL FOOD MARKETS INC in IN is the closest place.
donna444444@yahoo.com
subscriber.
donna444444@yahoo.com
follower
donna444444@yahoo.com
I love the Spyglass Noodles! The closest store to me is Simply Gluten Free in Thousand Oaks, California.
ms.lilyk@gmail.com
I subscribed to your feed.
ms.lilyk@gmail.com
I am following your blog.