Tuesday's Tip Jar
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Leave a Comment

So we had rice for dinner last night. We actually eat it fairly often and I have a rice cooker to make it in, but for some reason, last night it was stickier than usual. I attribute it to the fact that it was a different brand then we usually use, and not human error (lol!). In any case today's tips have to do with rice!
1. Rinse your rice before cooking - this takes away excess starch that can make your rice sticky or "gummy" (no I did not rinse my rice last night....)
2. If you're in a rush, soak your rice in cold water - it will cook faster this way as well as give it a fluffier texture.
For more useful tips visit http://blogmommas.com



























we eat rice near daily here at my house. And we always rinse it. I was surprised to find that many people just cook it as is. Great tip for all!
Happy Tuesday!
:)
Becki@BlogMommas