Fireproof DVD & The LoveDare Book Review
I can't think of a better way for a couple to spend Valentine's Day this year, then to put your children to bed (if you have any), curl up on the couch, and pop Fireproof into your dvd player.
Thanks to Monique at Lovell-Fairchild; I was able to preview this dvd that will be released on January 27, 2009 across the country.
Quite honestly, it can feel like you are seeing parts of your own marriage played out on the television screen. If you don't I congratulate you, because then your marriage must already be Fireproof!
As you watch Caleb, a fire captain, try to re-captivate the love of his wife Catherine throughout the movie, you might (as I was), even be moved to tears. He does this with the help of the LoveDare, the book his father sends him to help and encourage him to keep his marriage together.
The movie starts off a little slow, but don't form an opinion based on that, keep watching, trust me. There is enough action, humor and truth to this movie, to keep you to the end. When you've finished the movie, and have reflected on what it is exactly you can do to help fireproof your marriage, there are many extra options on the dvd to check out. Our favorite was the "Firegoofs", we always enjoy watching outtakes of movies! The making of the movie and a study guide are just a couple of the extras that are included in this disc.
This movie and the book that goes along with it, The LoveDare, already has had a big impact on our family. Perhaps if you are a regular reader to my blog, you've seen The LoveDare posts I've been making occasionally the last couple of weeks. FamilyLife has been posting them daily, and this is just a sampling of what's in the book.
When seeing the book in the movie, Hubby asked "is that the book you received with this too?" He picked it up and leafed through it. The next day, I was out the door on my way to the homeschool co-op with Genius, leaving a pile of dishes in the sink, that I was going to tackle when I returned home. To my surprise and delight, the dishes were washed, dried and in the cupboards, when I went to do them. That my readers is the power of The LoveDare. We are both looking through it each day, trying to follow the Love Dares, and hopefully after the 40 days are done, we will have a better, stronger marriage to show for it.
No matter how good you think your marriage might be, there is always room for improvement. If you want to make your marriage Fireproof, buy this movie and/or the book, it will be money well invested.




























Oh I LOVED this movie!! We went with a couple couples (lol) and we all really enjoyed it.
This is another movie that will be added to our movie collection. Right next to Facing the Giants :-)
Thanks for your sweet comments about my craziness with my blog design.
I tried uploading a new one today, then when that didn't work, I tried loading the old one and it didn't work. Very crazy.
My church is doing a six-week program based on the Love Dare book, and starting it off with a viewing of the Fireproof movie. I'm not married, but it seems like it is a very good concept.
I'm going to the library today so will take a look for it. I've been hearing a lot about it and one of the adult Bible studies at our church is using it, unfortunately though, they meet at the same time as I teach Sunday School.