, ,

Explorer's Bounty Review & Giveaway

Friday, January 30, 2009 Leave a Comment

Gallop-A-Loozas. If I handed that to you what do you think you'd get? A pastel striped horse? How about little children running around with cotton candy?

Well obviously it's not the previous statements, but they are sweet! Gallop-A-Loozas are a new puffed pure fruit snack, from Explorer's Bounty, that crunches! Are you questioning the whole "puffed" part? Well I don't know how they do it, but they are! No flat banana chips here, they really are "puffed" take a look. (The other yummy fruit in the picture is pineapple).

Now I'm sure your kids will want to eat these just because it's fun to say "Mom, I want some Gallop-A-Loozas", but you'll want to lavishly dole out these fruit snacks to them because:

1. They are pure fruit. 100%. No additives, preservatives or genetically engineered ingredients. None. Zip. The ingredients on the Banana Pineapple for example are "Organic Banana & Organic Pineapple".

2. They taste good. Really good. It's like you are eating the real thing (because you are!), except it's crunchy! I wouldn't be surprised if you are caught breaking into the stash yourself when your kids aren't looking!

3. They are organic. Certified by the USDA and Eco-Logica.

4. They come in great flavors like Banana, Cinnamon Banana, Banana Pineapple, Pineapple, Cinnamon Pineapple and Plantain. (The last really surprised me, as it was so very tasty and I wasn't expecting that!)

Claire at Explorer's Bounty didn't stop there though, she also sent some goodies for me to enjoy! Some coffee and tea.

I got to try their Expedition El Dorado, a medium body Colombian coffee. This my friends is what coffee is all about. With a rich flavor, and no bitter aftertaste, I enjoyed it so much. I'm really glad my husband doesn't drink coffee, because I didn't have to share it!
The teas are very unique. All of them made with Maté, have a woodsy, leafy flavor to them. I am not a huge tea drinker, but do like it on occasion, and I liked these very much. The scent and taste of them, kind of brought me back to when I was young at summer camp and we used to sit around the bonfire. Very natural. Again they come in a variety of flavors. The two I liked the best were the Orange & Maté and Hibiscus & Maté.
Explorer's Bounty is committed to bringing your family only the best in certified organic goodness. They have an extremely engaging website and I encourage you to go check it out. Nigel and Mortimer are your hosts, and there are some fun things to do there as well. Explorer's Bounty Coffee can be purchased online, and their other products can be found in health food and grocery stores.

Here is the most exciting part of this review though! Explorer's Bounty has offered up a Trunk of Organic Goodies for one random commenter on this post! The trunk will have some of the items reviewed here as well as one other that I did not review.

Here's how to enter: (By leaving a comment you agree to the Privacy Disclosure and Rules)

  • Visit Explorer's Bounty and leave a comment telling me what other product they sell that I did not mention in my review. (I will keep from publishing the comments until the contest is over so everyone has a fair chance!)

    For additional entries

  • Follow my blog publicly (that's the only way I can verify) if you already follow publicly just comment with that and your blogger id.
  • Subscribe to my feed, if you already subscribe just mention that you already do.
  • Write a post and link back to this contest on your blog.
  • Spread the word to your friends via twitter and leave your username with the link.

US Residents ages 18+ only please.

Contest ends on February 12, 2009 at 10:00 am cst.

149 comments »

  • ~ Doreen said:  

    YUM - chocolate covered macadamia nuts!

  • MOMFOREVERANDEVER said:  

    chocolate covered cashew nuts yummmm

  • Neen said:  

    Oooh the chocolate cocoa nibs sound tasty. Lots of stuff I'd love to try, those chocolate covered cashews are calling my name

  • 3carnations said:  

    Ooh - The other item is chocolate! Chocolate covered nuts, espresso beans and chocolate! Yum!

    Thanks so much for hosting this - It all looks delicious!

  • Tamara B. said:  

    Wow, what a really nice site! They really put alot into the design and graphics, loved it. They also sell Organic Artisan Panned Chocolates.
    tamben7996(at)aol(dot)com

  • daytoncat said:  

    Chocolate covered espresso beans....YUM!!!

    daytoncat1(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Hélène said:  

    I would love to try their chocolate covered cashew nuts.

  • Tamara B. said:  

    I follow your bolg.
    tamben7996(at)aol(dot)com

  • Tamara B. said:  

    I am a subscriber via reader.
    tamben7996(at)aol(dot)com

  • Jingle said:  

    I would love to try the Explorer's Bounty Chocolate Covered Cashew Nuts!!!!
    jinglesells at gmail dot com

  • Unknown said:  

    They also sell chocolate-covered nuts that look absolutely yummy!
    Thanks for the chance to win!
    proudyaya04 {at} yahoo {dot} com

  • Killlashandra said:  

    You don't mention their chocolate covered nuts. Those would be the best part if you ask me. Although mate tea is very good. I used to drink it alot when I lived in South America. :)

    killlashandra at hotmail dot com

  • Jennifer said:  

    The also sell Chocolate covered cocoa nibs, which look really good! Thanks for the giveaway!

    mattandjen[at]gmail.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    They also sellchocolates and various flavors or blends of coffee.
    traymona[at]aol.com

  • cl said:  

    They sell Organic Artisan Panned Chocolates. That includes chocolate covered cashews, macadamias, cocoa nibs, and espresso beans.

  • KLM39 said:  

    I follow your blog and I like their Inca Coffees!

  • Steph said:  

    Another Explorer's Bounty product is Explorer's Bounty Chocolate Covered Cashew Nuts.

  • Anonymous said:  

    Explorer's Bounty Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nuts.
    pkildow at gmail dot com

  • Barbara Bee said:  

    They also sell chocolate covered macadamia nuts and chocolate covered cocoa nibs. Bet those are chocolaty!

    3oink63moo484 (at) gmail(.)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    Yummy!
    I would holler "Dibs!"
    for their
    Chocolate Covered Cocoa Nibs.

    :)

    riceburns at hotmail dot com

  • Michelle Olsen Sasak said:  

    The Chocolate Covered items, especially the cashew nuts sound amazing.

  • Michelle Olsen Sasak said:  

    I am subscribed via Google Reader

  • Stephanie said:  

    oh my - you forgot the organic chocolate! Would love to try all four flavors of that!
    tvollowitz at aol dot com

  • Anonymous said:  

    The Chocolat Covered cashews look amazing. I would love to try those. Great Giveaway, thanks

  • Anonymous said:  

    Chocolate covered cashews!! Yum.
    Thanks for the giveaway.

    sc2466 at comcast dot net

  • judybrittle said:  

    Chocolate covered cashew nuts.

  • Amber said:  

    They also sell chocolate covered cashew nuts! Yummy!

    Thanks for the giveaway and please enter me :)

    hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Trish said:  

    They also sell Chocolate Covered Cashew Nuts.

    trishalitax3(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Re said:  

    chocolate covered macadamia nuts yummy!

  • Unknown said:  

    I loved the website it was cute! They also sell chocolate covered cashew nuts which do sound yummy! Thanks for entering me! unforgetable_dreamer_always(AT) hotmail(DOT)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    The would be Organic Artisan Panned Chocolates.
    the_outsider01AThotmailDOTcom

  • Becky said:  

    The chocolate covered cashews look divine!
    ndair4ce@cox.net

  • Maggie said:  

    Chocolates! Their chocolate covered macadamia nuts look delicious. Thanks for the giveaway!

  • Unknown said:  

    I would love the chance to win, but I can't get the site to open to the products or the shop. I think I saw some chocolate covered nuts in the treasure chest. They sure sound good!!!!

    sherri419 at gmail dot com

  • techyone said:  

    Explorer's Bounty Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans

  • Anonymous said:  

    i would love to try the chocolate covered cashews..yum

  • masonsgranny59 said:  

    the chocolate nuts look good:)

  • Anonymous said:  

    Explorer's Bounty Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nuts
    KawaiiNeko2008 (at) aol (dot) com

  • GracefilledLily said:  

    I think their Chocolate Covered Cocoa Nibs and Cashews look great! I subscribe to your blog.

  • Anonymous said:  

    The Chocolate Covered Cocoa Nibs sound so good! Thank you for offering this giveaway! rhonda(at) acedesignstudio (dot) com

  • Sarah said:  

    Explorers Bounty also sells Organic Artisan Chocolates. Yum!

  • Sarah said:  

    I subscribe via Google Reader.

  • Nicole said:  

    chocolate covered macademia nuts. Yum!

  • Linda said:  

    Chocolate covered cashew nuts. Yummy!

  • Unknown said:  

    chocolate covered cashews - yum!

  • Courtenay said:  

    Hi! I am following your blog.
    (Courtenay)
    Thanks!

  • Courtenay said:  

    I have subscribed to your RSS feed in Google Reader.
    Thanks!
    mysbc27-web at yahoo dot com

  • Courtenay said:  

    Here is my tweet:
    http://twitter.com/courtenay27/status/1164473170
    Thanks!
    (I accidentally closed this tab once so if I already sent a tweet post, please disregard this one)

  • Valancia said:  

    I love all their Organic products especially any of the Chocolate covered nuts or Coffee beans. I especially liked the Explorer's Bounty Chocolate Covered Macadamia nuts. Organic is the way to go and thanks for hosting this contest.
    skyxsky27(at)gmail.com

  • Valancia said:  

    I just clicked to follow you. skyxsky27(at)gmail.com

  • Valancia said:  

    I just subscribed via google reader and thanks again.
    skyxsky27(at)gmail.com

  • Betty N said:  

    Explorer's Bounty Chocolate Covered Cashew Nuts....wow! do those sound delicious!

  • Valancia said:  

    ... I just blogged about your contest at - http://skyxsky27.blogspot.com/

  • Anonymous said:  

    The CHOCOLATECOVERED MACADAMIA NUTS would be a treat!

  • Anonymous said:  

    Organic Artisan Panned Chocolates

    dangotmail AT yahoo DOT com

  • SharonAnne said:  

    Wow...thanks for the heads up about this company! I've bookmarked them for future use. I would love to try their chocolate covered cashews and macadamia nuts. Thanks to you for this terrific giveaway!

    sharonanne56[at]yahoo[dot]com

  • laurieahigh said:  

    You did not mention the chocolate covered nuts (artisian panned chocolates) in your review.

    laurieahigh at yahoo dot com

  • DEBIJOT said:  

    They offer chocolate covered cashews.

  • Brn2lisn said:  

    I am a feed subscriber

    brn2lisn (at) gmail (dot) com

  • Brn2lisn said:  

    chocolate covered Macadamia Nuts .. and boy do they sound delicious

    brn2lisn (at) gmail (dot) com

  • AmandaK said:  

    I would really love to try their Explorer's Bounty Chocolate Covered Cashew Nuts. Chocolate covered anything tastes good!

    orchestratenoise0726[at]yahoo[dot]com

  • sphinx63 said:  

    I think their Organic Artisan Panned Chocolates look good. Yum, the chocolate covered cocoa nibs sound great!

  • Joan Elliott said:  

    I'm craving the chocolate covered cashew nuts!!! Yum! Thanks for the contest!!

    hi_joan_elliott@hotmail.com

  • Erica G said:  

    They have chocolate covered cashews! Thanks for the giveaway!

    babychooch (at) gmail {dot} com

  • Anonymous said:  

    Organic Artisan Panned Chocolates : Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans and Chocolate Covered Cashews to name two

  • angie said:  

    Mmmm...they also have Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nuts. YUM!

  • Anonymous said:  

    Organic Artisan Panned Chocolates.... since it is chocolate it would be my favorite!! Please enter me in your drawing. Thanks for the giveaway.

    P.S. I am addicted to the plantain chips...

  • jennifer57 said:  

    Explorer's Bounty Chocolate Covered Cashew Nuts

  • Anonymous said:  

    I am a subscriber and follow you with google reader.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I twitted you

    http://twitter.com/vdeliz

  • Berek said:  

    Organic Artisan Panned Chocolates (the macadamia nuts look positively sinful.)

  • Amanda said:  

    The fruit puffs sound really good. I'd also love to try their chocolate covered macadamia nuts. Yum!

  • Anonymous said:  

    Ha Ha! Their other product is Organic Artisan Panned Chocolates - YUM! (and Mortimer is a very cute dog)! Thanks for a lovely giveaway.
    klownmom[at]gmail[dot]com

  • Cynthya said:  

    They also sell chocolates--yum! Thanks for the giveaway.

  • noreen said:  

    chocolate covered macadamia nuts, yummy

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'd love the Explorer's Bounty Chocolate Covered Cashew Nuts.

  • Ginny said:  

    The Explorer's Bounty Chocolate Covered Cashew Nuts look great!

  • Tina12312 said:  

    Their Explorer's Bounty Chocolate Covered Cashew Nuts sound delicious! Thank you so much!

  • chani said:  

    chocolate covered macadamia nuts!

    chani.adams (at) gmail (dot) com

  • Anonymous said:  

    oh good heavens the choco covered espresso beans might be the most coveted thing my bf loves! (besides me of course!) But I would go for the choco covered cashews! YUM!

    thanks so much!

    karissag at gmail.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I follow!
    karissag at gmail.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    subscriber
    karissag at gmail.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    http://twitter.com/kagey10/status/1168590310

    karissag at gmail.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I saw chocolate covered macadamian nuts! Please enter me, so long as there is chocolate and tea somewhere in the giveaway, I'll be happy. Thanks for this contest.

  • wendy wallach said:  

    Explorer's Bounty Chocolate Covered Cashew Nuts
    is one item that you did not mention.

    madmerkf at aol dot com

  • CaseyDeuce said:  

    Chocolate covered cashews sound amazing!! Thanks for the chance!!

  • Angela @ Nine More Months said:  

    Yummy! They also have Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nuts. Those are my favorite. Thanks for the giveaway!
    -Angela
    itsahumanzoo(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Karen said:  

    Follow.

    ktgonyea at gmail.com

  • llinda29 said:  

    Explorer's Bounty Chocolate Covered Cocoa Nibs must be good

  • Anonymous said:  

    Chocolate covered macadamia nut...I'm there!
    Linda
    spagsrags1 [at] yahoo [dot] com

  • msrodeobrat said:  

    Explorer's Bounty Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans

  • Anonymous said:  

    I blogged about it. http://cashcuddler.com hasgirl at gmail.com

  • rosannepm said:  

    I like the Chocolate covered macadamia nuts
    rosans4@comcast.net

  • eyeslikesugar said:  

    The Explorer's Bounty Chocolate Covered Cocoa Nibs caught my eye. I've had chocolate covered cocoa nibs before and they are soooooo good! Thank you for offering this giveaway! eyeslikesugar [at] gmail [dot] com

  • Anonymous said:  

    Would love the choclate covered Cashews, my favorite. Please enter me, thank you

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would like to try the Explorer's Bounty Chocolate Covered Cashew Nuts

    sharonaquilino at hotmail dot com

  • piper1 said:  

    What a great trunk full of delicious organic items. (Organic Artisan Panned Chocolates is the item that is missing.)

    Thank you! This is a most generous giveaway!

  • wigget said:  

    i'd love to try their Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nuts

  • Anonymous said:  

    Another product they sell is Explorer's Bounty Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nuts.
    -Terra H.
    partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • Heather S said:  

    Everybody Loves Chocolate Don't they??!! YUMMY! Thanks

    e-mail: hmahan_0529@yahoo.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    They also have chocolate covered cashews!

    twincere[at]hotmail.com

  • Carolyn said:  

    I like the Chocolate Covered Espresso BEans!

  • Sonya said:  

    The Explorer's Bounty Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nuts sound great!

  • Stacy said:  

    I would love the Explorer's Bounty Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans.

    Thanks for the giveaway!

    hetz-junk(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • Jayfr said:  

    The offer chocolates, including Chocolate Covered Cocoa Nibs, which sound very interesting.

  • forestgirl said:  

    What a great brand. I saw chocolate covered cashew nuts on the website (yum!)
    forestgirl@clearwire.net

  • heaventrees said:  

    Explorer's Bounty Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nuts is a product at their website. It sounds delicious!

  • Anonymous said:  

    The chocolates sounds wonderful, especially the chocolate-covered macadamias.

    jksweep@yahoo.com

  • joannaonthelake said:  

    I am so impressed with what I have learned today about Explorer's Bounty as a company and the wonderful products that they offer. I love learning about companies that offer natural, healthy food and beverages for my family of 5 and it always gives me great peace of mind to know that the products I purchase for them are safe and healthy for them! One products that sounds delicious is the Explorer's Bounty Chocolate Covered Cashew Nuts. I love snacking on cashews and these sound just yummie! Thank you for the opportunity to enter.
    joannaonthelake@gmail.com

  • joannaonthelake said:  

    I am now following your blog. My username is joannaonthelake

    joannaonthelake@gmail.com

  • joannaonthelake said:  

    I am subscribed to your blog via my Google Reader. My username is joannaonthelake

    joannaonthelake@gmail.com

  • joannaonthelake said:  

    I am now following you on Twitter. My username is joannaonthelake

    I Twittered about your wonderful giveaway. Here is the link to my Tweet:

    http://twitter.com/joannaonthelake/status/1198648975

    joannaonthelake@gmail.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    mmmmm......Explorer's Bounty Chocolate Covered Cocoa Nibs....i looovvvve those things! yummm!!

    thanks! kmsst19@gmail.com

  • dbacksfan001 said:  

    You didn't mention the
    organic artisan panned chocolates. And, you're right, that is a great website.

  • SeahorseLady said:  

    The chocolate covered cashews look delicious.
    Thanks for the yummy giveway.

  • Anonymous said:  

    The Explorer's Bounty Chocolate Covered Cashew Nuts look great!!

    annemarie562000(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    MMM two of my favorite combined, I would love to try the chocolate covered cashew nuts.. Yummmm

  • Lisa Garner said:  

    One product they sell not mentioned is the Chocolate Covered Cocoa Nibx. Thanks!
    lisalmg25 at gmail dot com

  • Lisa Garner said:  

    I'm following your blog.
    Thanks!
    lisalmg25 at gmail dot com

  • Lisa Garner said:  

    I'm now a google reader subscriber.
    lisalmg25 at gmail dot com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I also love the sounds of Explorer's Bounty Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans!

    autielady[at]live.com

  • Helen said:  

    They sell chocolate covered cashews.

  • Anonymous said:  

    The prize sounds delectable :) I visited the Explorer site and found products I would love to get my chocolate-addicted paws on: Chocolate Covered Cocoa Nibs; Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nuts; and Chocolate Covered Cashews!!! (They also offer Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans, but I am not a fan of coffee, blech!) Thanks for the entry!

    c81280@hotmail dot com

  • Storm Safety Blog said:  

    You didn't mention the organic artisan panned chocolates, which sound scrumptious!

  • Sunnyvale said:  

    chocolate covered macadamia nuts

  • Anonymous said:  

    Yum! The also have chocolate covered Macadamia Nuts! Thank you for the opportunity to participate in this giveaway!

  • Anonymous said:  

    Chocolate covered cashew nuts. Two of my favorite things put together.

    ladycat713@yahoo.com

  • lilyk said:  

    They also sell organic artisan panned chocolates.

  • Anonymous said:  

    They sell Organic Artisan Panned Chocolate-Chocolate Covered Cashew Nuts. garrettsambo@aol.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    They have Organic Artisan Panned Chocolate-Chocolate Covered Cashew Nuts. garrettsambo@aol.com

  • 07violet said:  

    organic artisan panned chocolates

    alterna7 at hotmail dot com

  • 07violet said:  

    following

    alterna7 at hotmail dot com

  • 07violet said:  

    subscribed

    alterna7 at hotmail dot com

  • Unknown said:  

    Explorer's Bounty Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nuts sound so yummy.

    I love their site and products. Thanks, we try to buy organic but its been hard lately. What a great giveaway.

  • Kathy P said:  

    organic artisan panned chocolates :)

  • weeblet said:  

    Chocolate covered cashew nuts- YUM!

  • Shannon said:  

    I'm interested in their Artisan Panned Chocolates! I love chocolate!

  • Leave your response!