, , , , ,

Country Bob's All Purpose Sauce Review, Recipe & Giveaway

Monday, January 19, 2009 Leave a Comment

In 1968 Country Bob perfected the sauce of his dreams. After years of giving the sauce to friends and family he began to sell it in 1977.

This sauce perfects the saying "An oldie but a goodie"! If something has lasting power from 1968 to 2009, it's gotta taste good right?

Al Malekovic from Country Bob's contacted me, and asked if I'd like to review their All Purpose Sauce, and I accepted his offer.

When it arrived, I took the 13 oz bottle in hand and headed to their website to see what I could do with it. With a plethora of recipes to choose from, I selected Country Bob's Meatloaf. Which I tweaked a bit. So keep reading if you'd like an easy yummy dinner recipe.

These are the ingredients you need for my version Country Bob's Turkey Meatloaf.

1 lb ground turkey, 1/2 cup of Country Bob's All Purpose Sauce, 1/3 cup of flour (the flour is in my container), 8 saltines (crushed), 1/4 cup of milk, 1 egg beaten, onion salt and seasoning salt to taste. (Country Bob's also sells a seasoning salt, however I didn't have any so I had to use what was in my pantry).

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees; Mix all the ingredients together, put it in a loaf pan;
Bake at 350 for 60 minutes. You may want to check it at the 60 minute mark, to see how moist or dry it is for your liking. Hubby likes his meat dry (really dry), and this was a moist meatloaf. So if you like yours dry, you may want to bake it for 75 minutes. That's probably what I'll do next time.
Yes I said next time....because we put it on our plates.....

and it was delicious! This sauce has a bit of a kick to it. Not spicy just zingy (isn't that a descriptive word!?!) It provides just enough flavor in the baked meat to make it taste unique to any other kind of meatloaf.

The rest of my family, kind of has a bland palate, they are not much into "flavor" (lol!), so they weren't quite brave enough to put more on top of the meatloaf. But we put some on the side of our plates, and ended up dipping our tater tots in it. It really is versatile.

The peeps proclaimed the meatloaf yummy, and said that I could make it again, which gives Country Bob's a thumbs up in this house. I have already bookmarked a bunch of recipes from their site, to try out. Good thing I can buy it at my local Wal-Mart Supercenter, as I'm sure this won't last long, with all the dishes I want to whip up.

Country Bob's wants you to be able to try their All Purpose Sauce too! They are generously giving away two bottles to two Three Different Directions commenters.

Please read my Privacy, Disclosure and Rules Policy before you enter this giveaway. By entering this giveaway you are agreeing to the rules.

1. To enter this giveaway go to Country Bob's Website, and click the "Great Recipes" and tell me which recipe, other than the meatloaf you would like to make if you are one of the winners. You really want to visit their site, you'll see why on their home page. Leave it as a comment on this post.

2. For an extra entry in this contest - follow my blog - you must follow publicly as that is the only way I have of confirming that. Leave a comment on this post with your user id.

3. For another entry - subscribe to my feed - Leave a comment on this post.

4. Yet another entry - twitter this giveaway and link the url and your twitter name. Leave it as a comment on this post.

5. wow - one more way to enter - Blog about this contest and leave the url to where you blogged it about it. - Again leave it as a comment on this post.

That is five ways to enter!

This contest will end on January 29th at 10:00 am cst. US Residents only please. The rest of the rules are located here. 2 random entrants will be chosen. Good Luck and remember to visit the sponsor's website.

For more great blog giveaways visit: Bloggy Giveaways Quarterly Carnival.

118 comments »

  • MOMFOREVERANDEVER said:  

    Country Bob's famous baked beans

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'd love to try the Tomato and Onion Steak Sauce Salad!

    Thanks for the chance!

  • Anonymous said:  

    I subscribe to your blog feed through Google Reader. Thanks!

  • Richard B said:  

    We want to try the "Country Bob's Meatballs"

  • susan1215 said:  

    Slow cooker stew sounds yummy

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'd like to try the Spicy Orange Country Bob Beef Kabobs.
    -Terra H.
    partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • pms3237 said:  

    I spend my summer in an RV and grill outside a lot, I would like to try the spicy orange country Bobs beef kabobs

  • agordon10 said:  

    I really do love their meatloaf recipe, so i guess i'd try the Country Bob's Meatballs

  • clynsg said:  

    The French Slice Beef sounds like a winner.

    clynsg at yahoo.com

  • valerie2350 said:  

    I'd like to try the buffallo wings :)

  • valerie2350 said:  

    tweet
    http://twitter.com/valerie2350/status/1133711799

  • valerie2350 said:  

    blogged
    http://sweeps4bloggers.blogspot.com/2009/01/threedifferentdirections-country-bob.html

  • Anya said:  

    The Slow Cooker Stew looks good. Thanks.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'd like to try the "Mexican Lasagna" without the beans.

  • Karen said:  

    Spicy Orange Country Bob Beef Kabobs look great :)

    ktgonyea at gmail.com

  • Sunnyvale said:  

    The baked beans sound good.

  • llinda29 said:  

    Slow cooker stew is my choice

  • Brn2lisn said:  

    The Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Wings sounds so easy and delicious.

    brn2lisn (at) gmail (dot) com

  • mverno said:  

    love to try the country kabobs

  • cpullum said:  

    My family would love to make the Country Bob's Spicy Hot Chicken Wings!
    Carla
    cpullum(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Andria said:  

    Id love to try the creole roast.

  • angie said:  

    Country Bob's BBQ Beef sounds yummy!

  • An iMperfect wIfe said:  

    I'd try the slow cooker stew!

    Jenny

  • Belinda said:  

    I just made the corn pone pie. Yummy!
    Thanks!
    1bmore @ gmail . com

  • Nickolay said:  

    I would like to make the country bobs baked beans

    jason@allworldautomotive.com

  • Mia J. said:  

    I would like to try the 24 hour chili.

  • janetfaye said:  

    I would like to try Country Bob Supper.

    On the homepage: sign up for a free bottle of Country Bob's Sauce!

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

  • janetfaye said:  

    I follow your blog as janetfaye.

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

  • Alicia said:  

    Country Bob's Spicy Hot Chicken Wings

    Thanks for the giveaway >^..^<

  • janetfaye said:  

    I subscribed.

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

  • jessica a said:  

    i would make the Country Bob's Corned Beef Cheese Ball with some ritz crackers.
    imjessica(at)mail(dot)com

  • Heather said:  

    I would like to make the Spicy chicken wings.

  • Sarah said:  

    I'd like to try the Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Wings.

  • Denise S. said:  

    Slow Cooker Stew sounds great, because we just got one.

  • Tiffany819 said:  

    I would love to try his Juicy Burgers recipe. It sounds delicious and I need something other than plain old burgers. :) Thank you for the opportunity to win this!

  • ky2here said:  

    First, I have this sauce and I really like it, not as much sodium as I'd feared. My favorite recipe to try would be the spicy orange country Bobs beef kabobs.

  • Anonymous said:  

    The Slow Cooker Stew sounds like just what we need this winter.

  • rosannepm said:  

    Country Bob's Spicy Hot Chicken Wings

  • rosannepm said:  

    I follow your blog
    rosans4@comcast.net

  • rosannepm said:  

    I'm a subscriber
    rosans4@comcast.net

  • Anonymous said:  

    Country Bob's Famous Baked Beans!

    wendym at cableone dot net

  • Anonymous said:  

    YUM!! Buffalo wings, definitely!

  • plhill2000 said:  

    I would like to try the BBQ Submarines. I use Country Bob's Sauce and I really like it.

  • Unknown said:  

    The Hamburger Potato Puff recipe sounds delicious!!

  • Re said:  

    i'd go with the stew recipe I'm having so much fun making friends and blog-hopping again this year.

    Thanks for such a generous giveaway! I hope I'm chosen as the lucky winner!!!

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'd love to try the famous baked beans

  • NMLady said:  

    Stuffed Pepper Soup.
    [I am repeating because my computer malfunctioned and I'm not sure my other comment went through]

  • yomomma said:  

    Deer Sticks is an awesome recipe. Thanks for the giveaway!

  • Angela C said:  

    I would like to try the cheese log.
    Thanks for the giveaway:)
    angelacisco at rocketmail.com

  • Qtpies7 said:  

    I have a recipe pamphlet from Country Bob's, and I tried their amazing hamburger recipe. Oh my goodness! It made the most moist hamburgers I have ever had! Delicious! I am hooked.
    Plus, my friends and I made Little Smokies with the sauce, and that was the first time I have ever liked little smokies.
    I want to try the meatloaf now. I think I need to make a trip to Walmart today.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would like to make Country's Bob's baked beans! Sounds yummy!

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'm now a follower as well!

  • simply_unique said:  

    Country Bob's Fantastic Baked Beans sounds yummy

  • Martia said:  

    Stuffed Pepper Soup sounds amazing. My husband always loved Country Bob's sauce when we lived in Alabama, but I haven't been able to find it now that we live in Texas. I will check Wal-Mart for it!

  • Miranda Ward said:  

    Tomato and Onion Steak Sauce Salad

  • Darla said:  

    Country Bob's baked beans! Thanks for the giveaway! dar.sieb at gmail.com

  • Unknown said:  

    DH loves horseradish so I think he would like the Spicy Meatloaf Supreme.
    Thanks for the chance to win!
    proudyaya04 {at} yahoo {dot} com

  • AmandaK said:  

    My family and I love chili, so I am dying to dry the 24 Hour Chili recipe!!

    orchestratenoise0726[at]yahoo[dot]com

  • Unknown said:  

    I am all about the crock pot orange honey chicken. That sounds so good and I love crock pot suppers!
    jackieksheaffer(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I love their Country Bob's Baked Beans. I make them a lot! Thanks so much for a wonderful giveaway!

  • Susan said:  

    The Tomato & Onion Steak Sauce Salad sounds yummy!!

    snkjohnson at gmail dot com

  • Sheila Hickmon said:  

    Im glad I looked at their site! :) I would like to try their Buffalo Wings and Blue Cheese dipping sauce recipe!!

  • Anonymous said:  

    we love country bob's . i'll pick Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff cuz my dh loves it!

  • Becky said:  

    The country bob's Man Slop sounds yummy

  • superdavefive said:  

    I'd love to try the French Slice Beef recipe.

    Thanks for the contest.

    superdavefive(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • demmi said:  

    stuff pepper soup sounds yummy con5459(at)gmail(dot)com

  • ariyana9501 said:  

    We're bean eaters here, so I'd love to try their version of baked beans. I currently use Country Bob's and LOVE it! Hubby and I both love it on our steaks.....much better than A-1! Thanks for hosting a fantastic giveaway!

  • Mindy said:  

    I think the meatballs wold be great to have on Super bowl Sunday

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would love to try the Ground Beef Gumbo. I love me some gumbo!

    :]

    clarkmurdock@yahoo.com

  • Jinxy and Me said:  

    The baked beans look great!

  • D Q said:  

    I would like to try the Slow Cooker Stew.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'd like to try the Country Bob's Sausage Snacks. I also signed up to get a free bottle of sauce on their site.
    -Terra H.
    partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    Following your blog...come follow mine!

    Deborah @ Comfort Joy Designs
    comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com
    comfortjoydesigns{AT}gmail{DOT}com

  • Anonymous said:  

    Twittered your giveaway.

    twitter.com/acupofjoy

    Deborah @ Comfort Joy Designs
    comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com
    comfortjoydesigns{AT}gmail{DOT}com

  • michelle said:  

    I would like to try making the chicken country kabobs. We tend to do a lot of grilling.

    michelle at northofthe49 dot com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I want to try the "Country Bob's Meatballs" Thanks for the chance to win.
    erma.hurtt@sbcglobal.net

  • Bebemiqui said:  

    I'd like to try the baked beans!
    Great giveaway! Count me in.
    bebemiqui82(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • djgroz said:  

    Slow cooker beef stroganoff

  • Nickolay said:  

    The Country Bob's Baked Beans, Or The Country Bob's Meatballs both look awesome and I think I will make them for the Super Bowl

    jason@allworldautomotive.com

  • Lady Christie said:  

    I'd like to try Bob's Texas-Style Cocktail Ribs

    imchristiedammit[at]yahoo[dot]com

  • Anonymous said:  

    touchdown meatballs

  • Becca said:  

    BBQ chicken pizza sounds awesome, thanks! sbcashortie (at) hotmail (dot) com

  • Becca said:  

    I am following your blog now. sbcashortie (at) hotmail (dot) com

  • rustic said:  

    I am intrigued by the cabbage ground beef skillet.

  • Stephanie J. said:  

    I have to pick just ONE?? I'd say the meatballs... touchdown!!

    step36576(at)gmail(dot)com

  • tammyduc7 said:  

    Spicey orange beef kabobs ! Yummo !
    tammyduc7@yahoo.com

  • mindy said:  

    hamburger potato puff thanks for the giveaway

  • Charlene S. said:  

    I'd like to try the slow cooker stew :o)

  • rdazer said:  

    i'd love to try the Country Bob's Meatballs...yummy

  • Anonymous said:  

    The Easy Party Canapes look like something I can handle!
    the_outsider01AThotmailDOTcom

  • Mommyhood is Thankless said:  

    Spicey orange beef kabobs yummy!

    mommyhoodisthankless{AT}gmail.com

  • Donna said:  

    I would like to try the Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff.
    donna444444@yahoo.com

  • Helen said:  

    The Spicy Orange Country Bob Beef Kabobs sound wonderful!

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'd love to try the Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff. Thank you for the opportunity to participate in this giveaway!

  • Anonymous said:  

    The Famous Baked Beans, for sure!
    digicat{AT}sbcglobal{DOT}net

  • L. K. said:  

    I'd like to try the Hamburger Potato Puff. Thanks for the giveaway!

    lmillitch (at) gmail (dot) com

  • AllieOop said:  

    I would try the Spicy Orange Country Bob Beef Kabobs with not so much spice. Thanks for the giveaway,

  • Samantha P said:  

    the creole roast sounds sooo amazing!

  • Samantha P said:  

    tweet!

    http://twitter.com/samanthapayntr/status/1158347361

    samanthapayntr

  • Samantha P said:  

    subscribed via google reader!

  • lilyk said:  

    I would like to make the Crockpot Orange Honey Chicken recipe!

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'd like to try Country Bob's Fantastic Baked Beans!

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

  • A Reader said:  

    slow cooker sttew.
    Thanks for the giveaway!

    kimspam66(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would like to make the Deviled Swiss Steak. garrettsambo@aol.com

  • arvard said:  

    The Slow Cooker Stew looks good and easy.

  • ZESTYWONDERLAND said:  

    The Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Wings is the recipe that I would love to make.

  • Leave your response!