, , ,

Breakfast for Supper

Monday, November 3, 2008 Leave a Comment

I used to make "proper" breakfasts a lot when Genius was younger. By proper I mean eggs and toast with potatoes, pancakes, waffles things like that. Microwaved baked goods and granola bars are on the menu most mornings these days, and I miss yummy breakfast foods to be honest. Today I have a craving for pancakes -- so that's what we're having for supper tonight. Hubby really likes Buttermilk Pancakes that I used to just by the Aunt Jemima mix for. I found a recipe online though (I can't even remember where), of a from scratch variety, and it has become a new family favorite. Here let me share.

Pancakes

1 ½ cups flour

3 ½ tsp baking powder

1 tsp salt

1tbs sugar

1 ¼ cups milk

1 egg

3 tbsp butter melted.

Mix all ingredients together. Prepare as you would any other type of Pancake.


The picture to the left, is actually an appliance that I have. I love it. I picked it up a few years ago at KMart for $5.00. One of the best five bucks I ever spent. No flipping the pancakes, and they come out completely uniform all the time! 4 minutes on the griddle and you have perfection. It is made by Toastmaster, and I have a funny feeling they are not made anymore. Which is said because if mine breaks down, I don't know if I'll ever make pancakes again, lol.




0 comments »

Leave your response!