Ariel's Journey
"Ariel's Journey" written by Doug Kane and Christy Wood
275 pages - Published by Blue Ink Press
Unlike the usual fare published for tween girls, Ariel’s Journey captured my attention. It is a refreshing change from the typical media thrust at our young daughters.
The book should appeal to a broad range of girls between the ages of 12 and 14, but especially to either those who like horses or those who like fantasy reading.
When a group of girls, part of a 4-H club revolving around horses, gets transported back in time 800 years, they need to work together to save an Icelandic village and rescue a chieftain’s daughter. Full of action and drama this book keeps the pages turning.
The glossary of Icelandic terms and pronunciations at the beginning of the book is helpful; however it would have been nice if the authors would also have provided horse terms to go along with that. Unfortunately some of us city folks are pretty equestrian incompetent!
The book can be quite intense, with implied content that is not in words, but the actions conveyed through the story-telling, get the point across.
I would personally recommend this book if the young person intending to read it has read most of the popular literature that lines the shelves these days. However, if you as a parent or adult monitors the reading material of the children you have in your charge, this is one book you may want to read first before deciding to pass it on to them.
Keep reading if you would like to see Genius’s review of the book, as she is actually the audience intended for it!
Hello, Genius here to give you a book report on the story "Ariel's Journey". This book was full of adventure!
The story itself is about five girls and five Icelandic horses that go back in time 800 years into Iceland's past. Two villages are warring, and the good chieftain's daughter is kidnapped and it's up to the girls to rescue her. The book also involves a bit of romance. The girls are courageous during their venture.
I liked the book during the latter half when they were back in time and fighting. Also, I enjoyed reading about the younger girls, and how they helped out on the action plan. I didn't like the book during the gushy romance. The book had a lot of horse terms I didn't understand (and there was no appendix).
I think anybody in the pre-teen and teen range would like this book. It has a style for almost everybody and the way it's written is meant for that age range.
Thank you Blue Ink Press and Parent Reviewers for the chance to review this book!



























This sounds like a great book, I have only 1 daughter and she is only 4 but I will keep it in mind for the future, actually it sounds like I book I would love!
Angela