,

Ore-Ida Steam n'Mash

Friday, September 26, 2008 Leave a Comment


I was fortunate to be able to try Ore-Ida Steam N' Mash Potatoes courtesy of Ore-Ida and SheSpeaks.

We tried the Garlic Seasoned version - although there are a number of other flavors to choose from.

These are so easy to make! You simply put the bag in the microwave for 10 minutes, dump them in a bowl, add some milk, and butter if you desire, mash them up and voila, mashed potatoes that are about as close to homemade as they come!

Since Genius loves potatoes, these went over well, but then I knew they would, that kid even would ask for seconds from boxed mashed potatoes. Hubby on the other hand, generally likes only homemade mashed potatoes, which get made very rarely in our home. He really liked these. I too enjoyed them very much.

Price wise they are a little expensive. The package we purchased here in Podunk was approximately $3.49 - the price of a 5lb bag of yellow potatoes. So cost effective it is not.

If you are looking for a quick potato fix though, and want something close to homemade I say try them, I don't think you'll be disappointed. It is something that I will purchase on occasion, at least to have one in my freezer on hand, so when we need some comfort food, we can get our fix....quick!

2 comments »

  • Anonymous said:  

    These sound WONDERFUL! I love mash pototoes but I agree homemade take so long. These would be great to throw together quickly. I putting them on my grocery list tonight! Thanks for partcipating in Tuesday Review, I hope you join again sometime!

    Angela

  • Leave your response!