Star Wars Clone Wars
Well we decided as a family that we would like to go to the movies today. So we packed in the car and headed to one of two theaters that our small city has. We chose to go see Journey to the Center of the Earth. We get to the theater, and Hubby pays for the tickets, and hands me three packages of glasses. "What are these for?" I ask him. "Uh...." he turns and looks at the ticket salesperson. "It's in 3D" she replies. 3D, 3D? No one told me it was in 3D. And lone behold I see a sign that says..."$2.00 extra charge for Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D". DOH. After a quick discussion, we decide, we don't want to see the movie in 3D, Genius is not fond of 3D productions, and I..well quite honestly...I get motion sickness from them. So we asked if we could exchange the just purchased tickets, and see Star Wars Clone Wars instead.
The previews had already started, as we walked in, we quickly found a seat in the almost empty theater (school has started here!!!), and settled in. On an up note, Disney has a new animated feature coming out at Thanksgiving called Bolt that looks really cute. I guess we'll catch that one on the cruise ship.
The movie starts with the famous narration of Star Wars flicks - spoken rather than read in this feature -- setting up the scene. And for the next 1 hour and 30 minutes, all that follows is animated blasting, light saber fights, funny to a 12 year old dialogue and a very disjointed story line. None of which has anything to do with the clone wars. Not really anyway.
Had I known this was the movie we were going to invest $35.00 in (including concessions), I would have stayed home and let Hubby take Genius on a Daddy/Daughter date. Genius liked it A LOT. But then as I said previously -- funny ...to a 12 year old. Hubby liked it. But then he is an ueber Star Wars fan. I enjoyed the popcorn. I really did.



























This is a GREAT review and an excellent example of how to "turn it around" for my TOS Homeschool Crew reviews. Thank you!
Patty
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/southofthefork/