Getting Fit
Rather than exercising (which I was planning to do this morning, but someone was already using the treadmill in our exercise room), I am posting to the blog this morning. Six years ago, I started a journey to lose weight. I used the Weight Watchers plan and after 6 months had lost 30 lbs. It was a life changing event, and changed all my eating habits. I am able to indulge when I want, but am easily able to get back on the wagon and eat in moderation and healthy due to the fact that I was taught how to do it. However,.....my body protests at exercise. I dislike it, a lot. I wait and wait, and say I will go do it, and then more often than not, don't. The only incentive for me to exercise, is so I can indulge in yummy treats (that is awful, I know!).
We have been looking since before Christmas to get a Wii for our family (bear with me this all relates!). On this front we too have been unsuccessful. Thus, I have entered every sweepstakes and contest that I can possibly find to get one, and alas, haven't won one either.
One of the reasons I'd love to have a Wii is for the Wii Fit. This will be a great way for our whole family to get active together and have fun while doing it. We are notorious for all sitting around our pcs playing games, blogging, reading email, surfing, well whatever you can do on a pc, which also equals, pretty much sedentary lifestyle. While we are all healthy and at appropriate weights right now, it does concern me what the future holds for us, especially Genius.
Genius does not care terribly much for exercising either, she much prefers the visual exploration of video games. Two years ago we got her a Dance Dance Revolution for her PS2 and she loves to play that, and we love it when she plays it, as it gets her up and moving.
Nintendo has provided Been There with a couple of Wiis and Wii Fits to give away to there audience, simply tell your story and link it back to to their site, and you will have a chance to win too.



























0 comments »
Leave your response!