, , , ,

How an HP Mini 110 Would Simplify My Life - Comment for a Chance to Win

Thursday, December 24, 2009 Leave a Comment

As home educators we often school on the go.  Being able to drive when we like to visit family in Canada, take educational vacations, and on the whim field trips is a perk to homeschooling.

Often that means though that we take our oodles of books with us, or we have to forfeit certain subjects because they aren't very conducive to on the go schooling.

An HP Mini 110-1100 with Windows 7 (which is by the way seriously awesome, if you use the Windows platform and haven't upgraded, it's fantastic), would really help simplify schooling on the go for us.  

Simplifying schooling; language arts and reading, social studies, could all be done while waiting for the orthodontist, and then while Amber is having her teeth checked, I could get caught up on my blogging!

Then there is our upcoming Transatlantic Cruise on the Disney Magic.  Not only is it a vacation for us, but it is also an educational field trip, since we'll be visiting ports in Gibraltar, Portugal and  Spain.  

How awesome it would be to chronicle those adventures using our HP Mini 110, both for myself and Amber.  Uploading photos, and blog posts when we have a wi-fi connection would be a serious fun time, and then all my blogging buddies could live vicariously through me!

It would definitely simplify the airport waits, since we could check and send e-mail, connect with family on Facebook, and of course play some games (and schoolwork!), all without adding extra bulk and weight to our luggage. (Seriously look how tiny that thing is!)

I'm sure that you can think of many ways that an HP Mini 110-1100 would simplify your life too.  Leave a comment and let me know how.  

As part of  Simplify My Life sweepstakes 3 Mom Bloggers Club members who enter will have a chance to win the fabulous HP Mini 110-1100 by Studio Tord Boontje with Windows 7 Home Premium.  But also 3 random readers of the bloggers who enter will have the chance to win as well.  That could be you!! Visit Mom Bloggers Club to view the details of the sweepstakes, who is eligible, how the winners will be chosen and when they will be announced.

23 comments »

  • makeetis said:  

    This looks like an awesome computer. I wish you all the luck in winning. I could think of many uses for one of these. My children's homework from school and being able to use the computer on the go for what ever reason or where ever I want are just a couple to name. With the size of it I could slip it in my handbag and take to my friends so they could play on it also.
    brewerchickey78@yahoo.com

  • Mami2jcn said:  

    The HP Mini is SWEEEET! I homeschool as well and it would be great for travel.


    mami2jcn at gmail dot com

  • debijackson said:  

    Winning the HP mini would make our lives easier by my son being able to work while traveling or waiting at the orthodontist etc. Sometimes he just needs a healthy distraction and he could be looking up things he's interested in or creating stories or projects. Thanks for the chance to win. jacksond@nhr3.net

  • DG said:  

    wow this would make my life easier because when I work from home I won't actually have to be at home and can maybe enjoy a caramel frap while working :)

    dreamzz12{at}aol{dot}com

  • karenmed409 said:  

    I know a HP Netbook would make all the difference with me also, while I am at home or on the go. I can quickly get to my photos and files, take notes, send a letter off to family, able to work on my scrapbooks while sitting and waiting for the kids at band or dance practice,very lightweight to take with me on the go.
    karenmed409 at comcast dot net

  • itsme said:  

    wow you have a lot of excitement coming up in your life. I would love any computer of my own right now. I always get the discards of my husband for pretty much everything...computers, cellphones etc. He gets rid of them because they are really old and most likely don't work right. So I get to put up with junk basically. Recently my hand-me-down computer died and now I am left sharing a computer with my children. There are quite a few children so its a fight who gets to use it and when and then you have to put up with sticky keyboards and finger printed monitors!

  • Nancy said:  

    We would love to have this to keep in touch with the cyber world while we travel. It would also be great to use in different rooms of the house. Good luck to us both! I hope we both win!

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

  • Jill Myrick (jsc123) said:  

    This would be so perfect for us. As we travel often to visit family and friends. And it looks and sounds like the perfect size for travel.
    Thank you so much for the chance to win.

    jweezie43[at]aol[dot]com

  • Anonymous said:  

    The HP Mini is just what I need. With four girls, 2 in school and using my pc ..this would be a great way for them to learn how to take care of their own! I could have mine back! Great giveaway!

  • Bob said:  

    Great design! Keep up the good work, HP.

  • Nancy said:  

    It is so small and light that it would be great to take along while I am on the road. I have been watching the netbooks since they came out, but have yet to buy one.

    Have a great time on your Transatlantic Cruise on the Disney Magic - that sounds like fun!!

  • Toystory said:  

    The HP Mini would be great so that you could have all the info you need right at your fingertips. Now I have to keep calling in for info I need from work, with a download of my personal work files, this would make on the go information readily accessible no matter where in the world I happened to be!
    1prizewinner(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Susan said:  

    Let's see, it's an HP so that is a plus. I have never had any problem with any HP that I ever owned be it a laptop or desktop. The portability factor is great. Using it for schooling would be wonderful, but it can also be used for as an additional learning tool since you have the abilty to connect to the resources of the Internet.

    Being able to stay connected with friends and family while traveling is great, but don't forget keeping up with local and world events.

    With the great software it would also be fun to use while just relaxing to watch movies or play games.

  • Renee said:  

    Good luck!
    This would make my life easier because my husband doesn't like to share the one laptop we have--I would GLADLY use the mini and let him have our current laptop all the time!

  • CherylS22 said:  

    This Christmas I was hoping Santa would bring me one of these great computers! It would make traveling with a computer a whole lot easier because of the small compact size. Thanks for the chance to win one!

  • Ashley S said:  

    I am always on the go, so this would be so great for me to have! I could keep in touch no matter where I am or what I am doing....I'd love one of these bad boys! ;)

    oldnavyash@aol.com

  • Deanna said:  

    An HP Mini 110 would simplify my life by allowing me to keep up with all of my computer activities (blogging, emailing, entering contests, social networking, surfing the Internet, etc.) when I'm not able to be on my laptop (which just so happens to be an HP) for whatever reason. With 4 kids, the reason I'm not able to be on my laptop could be anything! :O

  • Giveaway Lady said:  

    There are soo many ways we could use one of these!! We home-school also and this would come in real handy. We also do lots of ministry work which this would help with. I would love to win it and thank you for the chance:)

    esterried[at]yahoo[dot]com

  • cwf10 said:  

    Something this small would be really convenient for me since I need a computer for work and it is light enough to take on the bus which I use to commute every day. I could check e-mails & bills on my commute. My old laptop was actually stolen recently so I would love a new one! Good luck!

    AboutTreasureTrooper@gmail.com

  • Not Everyones Mama said:  

    Good luck! I can't wait to see who wins! Hope it's us. LOL

  • Unknown said:  

    Oh wow! I would love to win a HP mini because I am so, so busy and it would be small enough to carry in my bag. What a great giveaway!
    jedoggett@embarqmail.com

  • Beeb said:  

    Small computers simplify life for sure because of the portability! Thanks for sharing and the chance to win!

    ~Beeb
    supercoupongirl AT gmail.com

  • Superdumb Supervillain said:  

    I love Tord Boontje! His lacy papercut designs are super cool, I love the way they blend old fashioned craft with modern technology. Obviously, this new collaboration with HP is a great example… I’d love to try the HP Mini even though I am usually a Mac girl!

  • Leave your response!