, , ,

Holiday Ham Giveaway From Cook's

Tuesday, December 8, 2009 Leave a Comment

Typically one always thinks of turkey for Thanksgiving, but just a month later we're celebrating Christmas and ham is always a great option so the bird doesn't need to get roasted again. There are so many different cuts of it, and the glazes you can use to enhance ham are as unique as they are plenty.  Trust me, it's as good as it looks too!



Take a look at your grocery store's coolers, and you'll find many different brands of ham, and Cook's is likely among them, and that's because Cook’s is the nation's leading brand of traditional and spiral sliced smoked bone-in ham, corned beef and smoked picnics.
Cook's branded products are manufactured using raw materials purchased only from meat packers who meet the company's strict quality standards. An unwavering commitment to strict quality standards, product consistency and manufacturing efficiencies are trademarks of the Cook's brand and are evident throughout the company's manufacturing and service operations. As a result, the Cook's brand is top quality, competitively priced and, in many regions, dominates the supermarket meat showcase

We recently ate a Cook's Pork Shoulder Picnic - Half. The package weighed in at 5.8 lbs, and I served it for 4 adults and 1 teen. I was eagerly awaiting leftovers so that I could pick out some recipes at Cook's Ham website to use it. But seriously, the ham was so good, everyone had seconds, which didn't leave us with enough meat to use for all the great ideas Cook's has. I guess that means, next time I need to get a bigger ham!! I really wanted to try the Easy Pork and Pepperoni Pizza Bake .

To check out more products, recipes and where to find Cook's products near you, visit http://www.cooksham.com/.

One reader will win a coupon for a free Cook's Ham up to $30 in value.

To enter visit Cook's Ham recipe landing page and let me know which recipe most appeals to you.

For extra entries (the above must be done first to be eligible for any extra entries)

*Subscribe to my feed by feed reader or email (or let me know if you already do).
*Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway:  I just entered to win a free Cook's Ham from @threedifferenthttp://bit.ly/8NBQvv
*Grab my button and link to me

Open to US residents, ages 18+, ends December 22, 2009 at 11:59 pm cst. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. Email must be in comment or available in profile. By entering this giveaway you are stating that you have read my **About Reviews and my Privacy/Rules statements and agree to them.

Cook's Ham provided me with a complimentary coupon to receive a free Cook's Product for the purpose of this post.

190 comments »

  • Barbara Montag said:  

    I like this recipe the most - Yukon Gold Potatoes and Ham.

  • Barbara Montag said:  

    Twitter follower @JalapenoMama and a tweet.
    http://twitter.com/JalapenoMama/status/6465726903

  • The Need 2 Read said:  

    The cornmeal pancakes with ham sound YUMMY!! Would LOVE to win this to cook for my family - we've never done a ham...they would be so excited...haha!! :)

    jamieandandre at bellsouth dot net

  • The Need 2 Read said:  

    I subscribe via reader!! :)

    jamieandandre at bellsouth dot net

  • The Need 2 Read said:  

    I follow on twitter as savinginstyle - and I tweeted!!

    http://twitter.com/SavinginStyle/status/6465877705

    jamieandandre at bellsouth dot net

  • Unknown said:  

    I love ham...and I also like deviled eggs, so I'd like to try the Ham Stuffed Eggs! Probably the only thing to make deviled eggs better is by adding some ham! I wonder why I never thought of that! Thanks!
    hondaray6 at hotmail dot com

  • Unknown said:  

    I follow on twitter and tweeted-
    http://twitter.com/hondaray6/status/6468179928

  • Benita said:  

    Raisin Chutney Glazed Ham appeals to me.

    bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • nightowl said:  

    I like the Baked Ham with Spiced Sugar Rub.

  • nightowl said:  

    I subscribe by reader and email.

  • tauntonlake said:  

    The Plum Glaze ham with horseradish sounds kinda good. I do like horseradish. I think the sweet and hot would go good together!

    Also did the Twitter thing =)
    @tauntonlake

  • lmurley2000 said:  

    i would like to try the cherry sauce for ham steaks
    lmurley2000@yahoo.com

  • lmurley2000 said:  

    follow and tweeted
    http://twitter.com/lmurley2000/status/6473149069
    lmurley2000@yahoo.com

  • Stacie said:  

    I would love to try the Cherry Sauce For Ham Steaks. That sounds so good!

    stacie@supermommytotherescue.com

  • Stacie said:  

    I follow your feed

    stacie@supermommytotherescue.com

  • Stacie said:  

    I follow you on twitter as @a49erfangirl

    stacie@supermommytotherescue.com

  • Stacie said:  

    I follow as a49erfangirl and I tweeted
    http://twitter.com/a49erfangirl/status/6473418351

    stacie@supermommytotherescue.com

  • tawndam said:  

    ham stuffed eggs sound like a great appetizer

  • Anonymous said:  

    I like the ham tortilla christmas tree.

    denise_22315 at yahoo dot com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I subscribe.

    denise_22315 at yahoo dot com

  • Jackie said:  

    The Cherry Sauce for Ham Steaks sounds delicious! Thanks for the review and generous giveaway!

  • peg42 said:  

    The Havarti-Ham Croissants sounds delicious. We love Cooks Ham! Thanks so much and Happy Holidays.

  • peg42 said:  

    I'm a email subcriber.
    Thanks again.

  • mlswin@triad.rr.com said:  

    Yukon potatoes & ham

  • JC said:  

    I like Yukon Gold Potatoes and Ham!

  • JC said:  

    http://twitter.com/tcarolinep/status/6475824904 @tcarolinep follower.

  • JC said:  

    button added.http://tcarolinep.blogspot.com/

  • Jenn@Sweet T Makes Three said:  

    I know it's right on the home page, but the Ham Tortilla Christmas Tree is so neat!

  • Doreen said:  

    The Cooks Ham Tortilla Christmas Tree looks sooo cool, love it!!
    purposedrivenlife4you at gmail dot com

  • Doreen said:  

    I'm a already a Subscriber!

  • Nancy said:  

    I think the Baked Spiral Sliced Ham with Sugar & Spice Pecan Rub sounds really good.

  • Anonymous said:  

    Raisin Chutney Glazed Ham--
    I already have everything--- except the ham!!!

    gandtiques(at)hotmail (dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    The Baked Spiral Sliced Ham with Sugar & Spice Pecan Rub sounds amazing

  • Anonymous said:  

    I Subscribe by email (iheartsweeping@aol.com)

  • Anonymous said:  

    I follow (@eyzofblu63) and tweeted http://twitter.com/eyzofblu63/status/6484627081

  • casey aubut said:  

    The picutre of this recipe makes me hungry!
    Cornmeal Pancakes With Ham Steak! Yummm
    cassandra@aubut.net

  • casey aubut said:  

    subscribe via google reader
    cassandra@aubut.net

  • casey aubut said:  

    subscribe via email
    cassandra@aubut.net

  • casey aubut said:  

    follow you on Twitter and tweeted!
    http://twitter.com/tally2525/status/6486488820
    cassandra@aubut.net

  • Tamara B. said:  

    The Havarti-Ham Croissants recipe look delicious
    tamben7996(at)aol(dot)com

  • itsme said:  

    the vanilla scented sweet potatoes

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/6489937259 tweet

  • Anonymous said:  

    I like the Plum-glazed ham.

    rhoneygtn at yahoo dot com

  • Blessings Abound said:  

    There's so many good choices. I like the sounds of the Baked Ham with Spiced Sugar Rub!

  • Kristie said:  

    The Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust looks delicious!

    khmorgan_00 [at] yahoo [dot] com

  • Deborah Wellenstein said:  

    I must make the Cherry Sauce for Ham Steaks. Thanks!

  • ~ Cee ~ said:  

    The Yukon Gold Potatoes and Ham recipe sounds most appealing -- so comfort food-y! Thank you for this giveaway! ceevegnashville [at] gmail [dot] com

  • phxbne said:  

    Pomegranate Ginger-Glazed Ham

  • phxbne said:  

    tweet http://twitter.com/phxbne/status/6510678266

  • Anonymous said:  

    I like the Ham & Egg Breakfast Bake recipe.

  • Brn2lisn said:  

    Havarti-Ham Croissants - is different and sounds really good

    brn2lisn(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Kia89 said:  

    I would like to try the Cherry Sauce For Ham Steaks.
    austma7@aol.com

  • Sue E said:  

    I like the Baked Spiral Sliced Ham with Sugar & Spice. Thanks!

    sueellison@hcecwildblue.com

  • Sue E said:  

    I follow you on Twitter.
    Tweet
    https://twitter.com/suebaby05/status/6514162114

    sueellison@hcecwildblue.com

  • A said:  

    Yukon Gold Potatoes and Ham

  • ezmerelda said:  

    Orange Honey-Glazed Ham

  • Jennifer Wilson said:  

    Yukon Gold potatoes and ham

  • Renee said:  

    That Cooks Ham Tortilla Christmas Tree looks so yummy and festive all at the same time :)

  • llinda29 said:  

    I want to try Pomegranate Ginger-Glazed Ham

  • CJensen said:  

    Baked Spiral Sliced Ham with Sugar & Spice Pecan Rub sounds soooo yummy :)

    kissyjensen at gmail dot com

  • EDRing said:  

    The Vanilla Scented Sweet Potatoes sounds fantastic & I'm going to try them Christmas.

    Ellen
    eering99@hotmail.com

  • mogrill said:  

    The Cherry sauce sounds great. Thanks for the Chance.
    mogrill@comcast.net

  • Mississippi Songbird said:  

    I'd love to try that Cherry Sauce for Ham steaks..Yummy. Thanks for hosting this..
    emeraldrose63@yahoo.com

  • Mississippi Songbird said:  

    I subscribed to your blog by e-mail..
    emeraldrose63@yahoo.com

  • jappleseed said:  

    Vanilla Scented Sweet Potatoes sounds intresting i have to try that

  • Lois S said:  

    Cornmeal Pancakes With Ham Steak

  • Lois S said:  

    I follow on Twitter and I tweeted https://twitter.com/ljshores/status/6590261814

  • clynsg said:  

    The Raisin-Chutney Glazed Ham sounds delicious.

    clynsg at yahoo dot com

  • Anonymous said:  

    Vanilla-scented Sweet Potatoes sounds wonderful!

  • Anonymous said:  

    RSS subscriber.

  • Anonymous said:  

    Tweeted: http://twitter.com/Getalonghome/statuses/6608921638

  • Anonymous said:  

    I like the Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust recipe

    matt4melis at hotmail dot com

  • Anonymous said:  

    subscribe to your feed

    matt4melis at hotmail dot com

  • Anonymous said:  

    follow you on twitter and tweeted

    http://twitter.com/matt4melis/status/6620214243

    matt4melis at hotmail dot com

  • Gina Ferrell said:  

    The recipe most appeals to me is the Cherry Sauce for Ham Steaks.
    ginaferrell3@yahoo.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    Following on Twitter and Tweeted
    theluckyladybug[at]gmail[dot]com

  • Molly C. said:  

    I would love to try the Baked Spiral Sliced Ham with Sugar & Spice

  • momznite said:  

    Havarti Ham Croissants with pineapple would probably taste good.

  • Jill said:  

    The Ham and Egg bake looks like an easy, morning after Christmas recipe.

    tutucuteforme(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • Joseph said:  

    Hamtastic Panini with Provolone and Black Olives appeals to me. I love warm sandwiches.

  • Krissie said:  

    The Pomegranate Ginger-Glazed Ham really appeals to me. Sounds so much better than my boring mustard glaze!
    AllMyCrazyCats @ AOL.com

  • Krissie said:  

    I subscribe with Google Reader
    AllMyCrazyCats @ AOL.com

  • Krissie said:  

    I follow you on Twitter @pudyqat and I tweeted
    http://twitter.com/pudyqat/status/6657653452
    AllMyCrazyCats @ AOL.com

  • Leslie said:  

    I'd love to make the Plum Glazed Ham recipe.

  • Leslie said:  

    I subscribe to your RSS feed.

  • Leslie said:  

    Follow your twitter as lprice79 and tweeted the giveaway. http://twitter.com/lprice79

  • sweetsue said:  

    I would like to try the Yukon Gold Potatoes and Ham-sounds delicious!
    smchester at gmail dot com

  • Erica C. said:  

    Yum the Ham Stuffed Eggs would be tasty! Thanks :)

  • debijackson said:  

    Love your ham! I'd like the one with plum sauce.

  • Joannie said:  

    I'd love to try the recipe for Yukon Gold Potatoes and Ham.
    hi_joan_elliott at hotmail.com

  • scottsgal said:  

    glazed ham with plum sauce

  • Ken said:  

    I'd like to taste the Baked Spiral Sliced Ham with Sugar & Spice. Please accept my entry. Thank you.

  • LittleEagle said:  

    I would make the Ham Steak Pasta Salad. sharonaquilino at hotmail dot com

  • arla said:  

    Pomegranate Ginger-Glazed Ham!

    lighthousee27(at)gmail.com

  • arla said:  

    I am already subscribed

  • arla said:  

    I'm following you on twitter and tweeted, http://twitter.com/litehouse27/status/6813989968

  • Jennai said:  

    The Raisin Chutney-Glazed Ham sounds delish!
    HobartsMama at AOL.COM

  • Jennai said:  

    I subscribe with Google Reader
    HobartsMama at AOL.COM

  • gsm57 said:  

    Vanilla Scented Sweets Potatoes sound good to me - I could serve these with Cooks ham which is wonderful - very moist and tatsy.

  • Anonymous said:  

    adam says,
    I'd like to try the Ham Stuffed Eggs!
    akted(at)live.com

  • chlorinebrain said:  

    My favorite is the Baked Ham with Spiced Sugar Rub

  • heaventrees said:  

    I think I'd like the Cornmeal Pancakes With Ham Steak recipe.

  • Anonymous said:  

    The Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust sounds good.
    erma.hurtt@sbcglobal.net

  • chad sexington said:  

    The Pomegranite Ginger Glazed Ham sounds pretty dang tasty (I wouldn't want to be the one to make it though). My job is just to eat! Thanks!

  • Ellie Wright said:  

    The ham Stuffed Eggs certainly sound different and delicious.

  • Ellie Wright said:  

    I follow on twitter and tweeted. http://twitter.com/eswright18/status/6901357018

  • Faither said:  

    Like the cornmeal pancakes with ham steak

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'd like to try the plum-glazed ham. Thanks for this offer.
    oak462@juno.com

  • janetfaye said:  

    I like the recipe for Yukon Gold Potatoes and Ham.

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

  • Happi Shopr said:  

    Baked Ham with Spiced Sugar Rub sounds wonderful. trinitygsd at yahoo dot com

  • janetfaye said:  

    Subscribed with Google Reader.

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

  • SeahorseLady said:  

    I want to try their Zesty Potato-Ham Casserole recipe.

  • grannyvon said:  

    I would like to try the Easy Pork abd Pepporoni Bake. When I was young and we killed our own hogs, we did not waste any part of it. My granny took the drippings and made a pan of dressing just subing the ham broth for the chicken. It was really salty so no salt was put in anything. We also used it to cook rice. Probably was very un-healthy, but I wish I had some of my granny's good cooking. My grandaddy smoked our hams and bacon. Cooks is the best ham I have found locally and that is what I buy. Thanks for the chance to win one. It would be good for New Year's Day with dried black-eyed peas and turnip greens. Peas for luck and turnips(green for money). Thanks

  • Anonymous said:  

    The Plum-Glazed Ham sounds really good.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I subscribe with reader.

  • Anonymous said:  

    Tweet http://twitter.com/DreeG/status/6909178485

  • intime said:  

    cornmeal pancakes with ham

  • tattwo said:  

    I am going to try the Honey Glazed Ham with Cranberry Relish. Ham is a favorite at our house and I can't get enough Cranberry Relish during the holidays. Thanks for the giveaway.

  • Pat said:  

    Cornmeal Pancakes with Ham Steaks sounds divine!

    pbabcock2004(at)verizon(dot)net

  • Hotsnotty2 said:  

    I'd love to try to make the Baked Stuffed Sweet Potatoes With Apricot, thanks!

    Hotsnotty2@hotmail.com

  • chromiumman said:  

    the Baked Spiral Sliced Ham with Sugar & Spice

  • Christy said:  

    I think my husband would go crazy over the Ham Stuffed Eggs.

    safety_chick@hotmail.com

  • mickeyfan said:  

    Yukon gold potatoes and ham. I LOVE Cook's!

  • skytoucher said:  

    Cornmeal pancakes and ham caught my eye.

  • Sue said:  

    The Yukon Gold Potatoes and Ham recipe sounds delish! Thanks!

  • Janet and Maya said:  

    Cherry Sauce for Ham Steaks....yummy!

  • Janet and Maya said:  

    I subscribe by email
    mayacarpenter at verizon dot net

  • Janet and Maya said:  

    following you on twitter and tweeted here http://twitter.com/janetmom2maya/status/6916950690

    mayacarpenter at verizon dot net

  • Janet and Maya said:  

    I have your button at www.giveawaysonblogs.blogspot.com
    mayacarpenter at verizon dot net

  • Jinxy and Me said:  

    Plum-Glazed Ham looks good

  • Tatum said:  

    I subscribe via email..
    tatum810@yahoo.com

  • Tatum said:  

    Follow you on twitter and tweeted.
    http://twitter.com/tatum810/status/6921948906

    tatum810@yahoo.com

  • Oneangel said:  

    Baked Ham with Spiced Sugar Rub Sounds yummy.

  • Anne said:  

    The plum glazed ham sounds good to me.

  • Anne said:  

    I subscribe by email
    ajolly1456 at gmail dot com

  • Anne said:  

    I tweeted
    http://twitter.com/lunaj1456/status/6930309716

  • demmi said:  

    Havarti-Ham Croissants
    con5459(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    The Pomegranate Glazed Ham sounds great.
    msurosey@yahoo.com

  • susan1215 said:  

    ham stuffed eggs sounds yummy

  • startrek said:  

    I
    george ferris
    littlegeorgie56@yahoo.com like to try the Ham Stuffed Eggs.

  • Heather said:  

    My family would love to try the yukon gold potatoes and ham.

  • Heather said:  

    My tweet; http://twitter.com/HSlater351/status/6940137840

  • Charity S said:  

    I like the Havarti-Ham Croissants.



    charisscharity at yahoo dot com

  • Charity S said:  

    subscribe via yahoo reader

  • Charity S said:  

    subscribe via yahoo reader.

  • Charity S said:  

    follow and tweeted.

    http://twitter.com/ccboobooy/status/6940887105


    charisscharity at yahoo dot com

  • Pamela S said:  

    I'd like to try the Ham, SPinach, and Pepper Appetizers! That would be great to make with the leftover ham. Thanks so much! pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net

  • Pamela S said:  

    Subscribed to feed with google reader. Thanks so much! pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net

  • theolotto said:  

    The Baked Ham with Spiced Sugar Rub sounded good to me.

  • giggling kids said:  

    Vanilla Scented Sweet Potatoes

  • Liz Mays said:  

    The Pumpkin cheesecake with gingersnap crust sounds divine!
    doot65[at]comcast{dot}net

  • Liz Mays said:  

    I'm an email subscriber.
    doot65[at]comcast{dot}net

  • Anonymous said:  

    The Zesty Potato-Ham Casserole sounds good. Thanks!

  • Anonymous said:  

    I subscribe in a reader.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I follow and tweeted.
    http://twitter.com/shoesandsocks/status/6950111284

  • Unknown said:  

    Baked Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Apricots

  • Jayfr said:  

    The Yukon Gold Potatoes and Ham looks like a nice, tasty dish.

    jayfr at yahoodotcom

  • Kathy P said:  

    id love to try the # Grilled Ham Steak with Peach-Chipotle Glaze

  • Kathy P said:  

    http://twitter.com/klp1965/status/6952228693

  • Anonymous said:  

    The recipe that most appeals to me is the Baked Sprial Ham with Sugar & Spice pecan Rub. Yummy!

    FrugalSouthernLiving@yahoo.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I am following you on Twitter and I tweet'd about your giveaway here:
    http://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/81529442.rss

    FrugalSouthernLiving@yahoo.com

  • Derk Thomas said:  

    Ham Steak with pineapple- green onion salsa.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I have your button on my blog here:
    http://frugalsouthernliving.wordpress.com/

    FrugalSouthernLiving@yahoo.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I subscribed to your blog via e-mail.

    FrugalSouthernLiving@yahoo.com

  • Mississippi Songbird said:  

    The ham stuffed egg recipe is one that I would like to try..
    emeraldrose63@yahoo.com

    thanks for hosting..

  • Mississippi Songbird said:  

    I follow your blog..
    emeraldrose63@yahoo.com

  • Mississippi Songbird said:  

    I subscribe to your blog..
    emeraldrose63@yahoo.com

  • Unknown said:  

    I would liek to try the The Havarti-Ham Croissants.

    jesskaufman at hotmail dot com

  • Charlene Kuser said:  

    I like the Baked Spiral Sliced Ham with Sugar & Spice Pecan Rub recipe

    CharlieGurl57@aol.com

  • Charlene Kuser said:  

    I am a subscriber via email

    CharlieGurl57@aol.com

  • Unknown said:  

    I subscribe to your feed.


    jesskaufman at hotmail dot com

  • Unknown said:  

    I have your button here: http://macmomof3.blogspot.com/
    jesskaufman at hotmail dot com

  • Charlene Kuser said:  

    Follow and Tweet:Swtlilchick
    http://twitter.com/Swtlilchick/status/6954727835

    CharlieGurl57@aol.com

  • cman said:  

    Hamtastic Panini with Provolone and Black Olives :)

  • ZESTYWONDERLAND said:  

    I would love to make the Plum Glazed ham recipe!

    zestywonderland@gmail.com

  • lilyk said:  

    I love the Vanilla Scented Sweet Potatoes recipe!

  • lilyk said:  

    I subscribed by email.

  • ZESTYWONDERLAND said:  

    Follow on Twitter & Tweeted!
    Username: ZESTYWONDERLAND

    ZESTYWONDERLAND@GMAIL.COM

    http://twitter.com/ZESTYWONDERLAND/status/6955171265

  • ZESTYWONDERLAND said:  

    I am a email subscriber & feed too in google reader!

    zestywonderland@gmail.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I like the Cornmeal Pancakes With Ham Steak recipe. garrettsambo@aol.com

  • Leave your response!