, , , ,

Tommywants Review & Giveaway

Monday, November 9, 2009 Leave a Comment


I have to say I am really amazed at how many clothes I see in the stores that flip me back to the 80's, and I can't say I mind it.

I was in Jr. High back then, and some of my favorite items to wear were preppy polo shirts (with the collar up of course!).

When I had the opportunity to review a polo from TommyWants for Amber, I was ecstatic! It's kind of like reliving those years through her lol!

I chose to receive the Buoy Blue (how great are the coastal/ocean inspired color names ☺), since Amber's not big on pink.

I'm telling you this is a shirt she can wear all the time. Casual with jeans or dressed up with black pants or (gasp!) even a skirt.



They are purposely cut slimmer than most children's tops.  This is the type of style you will find in high end brand name polos.  And who wants an alligator on their shirt when they can have a crab instead?

The quality and softness of the cotton belies the price tag of $29.50 though (truly these are the types of tops you would buy in Nordstrom's and department stores like that).


If you like dressing your kids similar, this is a great place to get matching tops for the "he-crabs" and the "she-crabs", and when you spend $100 or more, the shipping is free.

Currently TommyWants sells polos and belts in children's sizes 6-16. But they are soon adding a line called "Butter" with onesies and t-shirts featuring their signature crab on 100% organic cotton, and using water based inks. Check out the sneak peek of one


Amber loves her shirt, and I like their mission statement of "Get Up, Get Your Shell On, and Swim Against the Tide!"   (That may just be my new wake up call to Amber in the mornings!)

Fun, preppy and comfy TommyWants is a little bit of the Outer Banks no matter where you reside.

TommyWants is giving one of my readers  the chance to win a product of their choice from their website.

To enter the giveaway visit TommyWants and tell me what item you would choose.

For extra entries you can

1.Become a Fan of TommyWants on Facebook
2. Follow TommyWants on Twitter and tweet "@threedifferent @tommywants TommyWants giveaway http://bit.ly/2Cf2Ba Premium, fun polos and belts for he & she crabs!"  (you can do this daily!)
3. Subscribe by email or reader to Three Different Directions.
4. Blog about this giveaway with a link back.
5. Become a fan of Three Different Directions on Facebook

Open to US & Canadian residents, ages 18+,  ends November 23, 2009 at 11:59 pm cst. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. Email must be in comment or available in profile.  By entering this giveaway you are stating that you have read my **About Reviews and my Privacy/Rules statements and agree to them.

I received a complimentary TommyWants Polo for the purpose of this review.

58 comments »

  • Bethany said:  

    I like the softshell Polo buoy blue size small
    bethanyg153@gmail.com

  • itsme said:  

    boys white polo size 6

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5567284346 tweet

  • itsme said:  

    facebook fan three different directions

  • Desi @ Wee Share said:  

    I like the softshell polo in buoy blue, size XS

    Desiree
    weeshareblog@gmail.com
    http://weeshare.blogspot.com

  • Desi @ Wee Share said:  

    Fan of Tommywants on FB (Desiree Glaze)

    Desiree
    weeshareblog@gmail.com
    http://weeshare.blogspot.com

  • Desi @ Wee Share said:  

    email subscriber to drgdlgletterboxers@yahoo.com

    Desiree
    weeshareblog@gmail.com
    http://weeshare.blogspot.com

  • Desi @ Wee Share said:  

    FB Fan (Desiree Glaze)

    Desiree
    weeshareblog@gmail.com
    http://weeshare.blogspot.com

  • Desi @ Wee Share said:  

    http://twitter.com/WeeShare/status/5567457015

    follow as WeeShare

    Desiree
    weeshareblog@gmail.com
    http://weeshare.blogspot.com

  • Michelle AKA blabla3269 said:  

    I would get the blue softshel polo for my son

  • Kristie said:  

    I like the Sofshell Polo in Steamed Pink!

    khmorgan_00 [at] yahoo [dot] com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I like the softshell polo in red.

    denise_22315 at yahoo dot com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I subscribe.

    denise_22315 at yahoo dot com

  • mogrill said:  

    LOVE the blue softshell polo. Thanks for the chance.
    mogrill@comcast.net

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5604895092 daily tweet

  • Renee said:  

    I'd choose the same shirt your daughter picked for my daughter.

  • clynsg said:  

    I would pick the boy polo in sunwashed red, size 6.

    clynsg at yahoo dot com

  • darlanpaulsmamma said:  

    sun washed red softshell polo in size s
    melissa.barnes76 at yahoo dot com

  • darlanpaulsmamma said:  

    fan of tommywants on fb as melissa barnes
    melissa.barnes76 at yahoo dot com

  • darlanpaulsmamma said:  

    email subscriber
    melissa.barnes76 at yahoo dot com

  • darlanpaulsmamma said:  

    your fan on fb as melissa barnes
    melissa.barnes76 at yahoo dot com

  • darlanpaulsmamma said:  

    follow both on twitter as lovinmykiddos and tweeted
    http://twitter.com/lovinmykiddos/status/5636980697
    melissa.barnes76 at yahoo dot com

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5653451716 daily tweet

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5684404009 daily tweet

  • Unknown said:  

    I like the Sofshell Polo in Steamed Pink
    tanyainjville@yahoo.com

  • Unknown said:  

    Tommy Wants Facebook Fan (Tanya Riley)
    tanyainjville@yahoo.com

  • Unknown said:  

    Three different directions facebook fan (Tanya Riley)
    tanyainjville@yahoo.com

  • Wehaf said:  

    I like the sofshell belt!

    urchiken at gmail dot com

  • Anonymous said:  

    11/14/ entry kygonyea@gmail.com

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5716910113 daily tweet

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5740868553 daily tweet

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5771865487 daily tweet

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5800993096 daily tweet

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5834229230 daily tweet

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5865111789 daily tweet

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5895388595 daily tweet

  • Lala77 said:  

    The Girl's Polo in Steamed Pink sz Small.
    Thank you for the giveaway.

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5923626062 daily tweet

  • Belinda M said:  

    I would pick the white soft shell polo for boys in size large

    bluebelle0367(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • Belinda M said:  

    I follow tommywants on twitter as Prairiebelle

    http://twitter.com/Prairiebelle/status/5948688135

    bluebelle0367(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • Belinda M said:  

    I subscribe

    bluebelle0367(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • Belinda M said:  

    Facebook fan - Belinda M


    bluebelle0367(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5962187652 daily tweet

  • Hotsnotty2 said:  

    I would love to get the steamed pink softshell polo, thanks!

    Hotsnotty2@hotmail.com

  • Hotsnotty2 said:  

    I'm following on FB, thanks!

    Hotsnotty2@hotmail.com

  • Hotsnotty2 said:  

    Twittered - http://twitter.com/Hotsnotty2/status/5968864561 - Thanks!

    Hotsnotty2@hotmail.com

  • chazvgo said:  

    I like the Sun Washed Red Sofshell Polo :)

  • checkers said:  

    Out of the shirts and belts I took the Sofshell Polo in Steamed Pink.
    skyskyaa11(at)gmail.com

  • checkers said:  

    Subscribed with email option

  • checkers said:  

    Following on Twitter & Tweeted.
    http://twitter.com/checkkers/status/5972253134

  • Crystal F said:  

    My daughter would like the buoy blue sofshell polo. Thank you!

  • Tylerpants said:  

    I'd love the Sofshell Polo in Snow Crab White for my son!
    tylerpants(at)gmail.com

  • Tuesday Girl said:  

    I like the Sofshell Polo in Steamed Pink!

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5994392904 daily tweet

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would choose the Softshell Polo in Steamed Pink. garrettsambo@aol.com

  • cman said:  

    Softshell Polo in Steamed Pink :)

  • masonsgranny59 said:  

    red shirt for the "he-crabs:)

  • Leave your response!