The Big Brain Puzzle Book | Review and Giveaway
Friday, November 20, 2009
Leave a Comment
In 1983, November was recognized as National Alzheimer's Disease Awareness month.
As you get older, you may notice a decline in your mental faculties, and that can be because of changed connections among cells in your brain.
Just like exercise keeps the muscles in your body healthy, keeping your brain active seems to help with function and maybe even generate new brain cells.
Crosswords and other puzzles are a great way to keep your brain active and so the Alzheimer's Association presents The Big Brain Puzzle Book with over 200 puzzles from Terry Stickels.
Three levels of puzzles are within this book. they range from basic reasoning to higher level math equations.
Both Hubby and Amber are abstract thinkers. Give them a problem, and they will likely find an answer (or two) to solve it.
The Big Brain Puzzle Book is perfect for them to work at together. There are so many differnt varieties of puzzles, that they use thier individual strenths to solve them together.
These puzzles will definitely make you think too. Even the level one puzzles will put your brain through the "think tank" so to speak. I'm pretty sure I generated a whole year's worth of brain cells working on the puzzles just on the first three pages!
This would make a great gift for the intellect on your list, or really anyone who wants to keep their brain in shape.
The Big Brain Puzzle Book is available at Amazon.com for (as of this post being published) $8.63. You can even take a peek a some of the puzzles inside the covers.
To enter tell me in the comments what kind of puzzles you enjoy doing.
For extra entries you can (the above must be done first to be eligible for extra entries):
1. Subscribe to my feed.
2. Follow me on Twitter and Tweet this "@threedifferent is giving away The Big Brain Puzzle Book find it at http://bit.ly/34WCTa"
3. Get 2 extra entries if you blog about this giveaway and link back to my blog.
This giveaway will end on December 4, 2009 at 11:59 pm cst and open to U.S. Residents ages 18+. The winner will be chosen by random.org and will be e-mailed. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to the e-mail or an alternate winner will be chosen. By entering this giveaway you are stating that you have read my **About Reviews and Privacy/Rules declaration and agree to them.
I received a complimentary copy of The Big Brain Puzzle Book prior to writing this post.
As you get older, you may notice a decline in your mental faculties, and that can be because of changed connections among cells in your brain.
Just like exercise keeps the muscles in your body healthy, keeping your brain active seems to help with function and maybe even generate new brain cells.
Crosswords and other puzzles are a great way to keep your brain active and so the Alzheimer's Association presents The Big Brain Puzzle Book with over 200 puzzles from Terry Stickels.
Three levels of puzzles are within this book. they range from basic reasoning to higher level math equations.
Both Hubby and Amber are abstract thinkers. Give them a problem, and they will likely find an answer (or two) to solve it.
The Big Brain Puzzle Book is perfect for them to work at together. There are so many differnt varieties of puzzles, that they use thier individual strenths to solve them together.
These puzzles will definitely make you think too. Even the level one puzzles will put your brain through the "think tank" so to speak. I'm pretty sure I generated a whole year's worth of brain cells working on the puzzles just on the first three pages!
This would make a great gift for the intellect on your list, or really anyone who wants to keep their brain in shape.
The Big Brain Puzzle Book is available at Amazon.com for (as of this post being published) $8.63. You can even take a peek a some of the puzzles inside the covers.
I have one copy of The Big Brain Puzzle Book to giveaway.
To enter tell me in the comments what kind of puzzles you enjoy doing.
For extra entries you can (the above must be done first to be eligible for extra entries):
1. Subscribe to my feed.
2. Follow me on Twitter and Tweet this "@threedifferent is giving away The Big Brain Puzzle Book find it at http://bit.ly/34WCTa"
3. Get 2 extra entries if you blog about this giveaway and link back to my blog.
This giveaway will end on December 4, 2009 at 11:59 pm cst and open to U.S. Residents ages 18+. The winner will be chosen by random.org and will be e-mailed. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to the e-mail or an alternate winner will be chosen. By entering this giveaway you are stating that you have read my **About Reviews and Privacy/Rules declaration and agree to them.
I received a complimentary copy of The Big Brain Puzzle Book prior to writing this post.




























I enjoy doing word puzzles. I play online games like Fowl Words and Chicktionary. Jan Mader of Ignite to Write - http://ignitetowrite.blogspot.com/2009/11/hinky-pinky-game-time.html - also had a neat game in which you try to figure out hinky pinkys. It was really fun!
I enjoy word searches and scrambled word puzzles. Thanks so much.
I dig Sudoku!
tweet http://twitter.com/kgail11/status/5897900672
I like doing word searches and crossword puzzles.
bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com
I enjoy puzzles such as scenry but lately been doing alot of cartoons etc... with the kids
shopannies@yahoo.com
following on twitter and tweeted http://twitter.com/shopannies/status/5898164003
shopannies@yahoo.com
I enjoy doing jigsaw puzzles, I really need this
book, alhzeimers in the family big time.
I follow by email.
cenya2 at hotmail dot com
I like word puzzles like acrostics, crosswords etc.
wolfcarol451(at)gmail(dot)com
I subscribe to your feed with Google Reader.
wolfcarol451(at)gmail(dot)com
i like all puzzles but i especially like logic thanks minsthins at optonline dot net
word searches and crossword puzzles
http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5910555918 tweet
subscribe
http://clarissaneiding.blogspot.com/2009/11/win-at-three-different-directions_20.html blogged 1
http://clarissaneiding.blogspot.com/2009/11/win-at-three-different-directions_20.html blogged 2
I love puzzle books! Cryptograms are some of my favorite puzzles.
email subscriber
I like the kind where you have to find a word in a puzzle!
delilah0180(at)yahoo(dot)com
Sudoku or the Sunday crossword. Thanks for the giveaway.
s.mickelson at gmail dot com
tweet http://twitter.com/kgail11/status/5925516176
I love word scrambles!
ajcmeyer at go dot com
I love crossword puzzles of any kind. The harder the better!
mamie316(at)sbcglobal(dot)net
I like "find it" types. They're more enjoyable when they're online or electronic.
I love doing cross word puzzles. thankyou :)
tweet http://twitter.com/kgail11/status/5959870769
Google reader subscriber!
delilah0180(at)yahoo(dot)com
Nonograms/paint by numbers/picture crossword - whatever they're called. I like trying to figure out the pictures based on the clues provided.
paschott [at] gmail [dot] com
i love doing crossword puzzles!!!
I enjoy crosswords!
choateorama(at)gmail(dot)com
I enjoy playing Suduku.
pinkrose6785@hotmail.com
I get your feed in a reader.
I love puzzles. I especially love number puzzles like Sudoku
tweet http://twitter.com/kgail11/status/6068451264
I like seek and finds, along with number puzzles.
I really like mind bedners, though I don't think that is their official title. It's the one where you have clues and a grid and you make an "x" or "check mark" to figure out what goes together... if that made any sense! I'm sleepy and need to go to bed :)
Desi
weeshareblog@gmail.com
http://weeshare.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/WeeShare/status/6074744548
Desi
weeshareblog@gmail.com
http://weeshare.blogspot.com
My favorite kind are word puzzles, such as Boggle where I have to find the most words from a set of letters. Thanks.
partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com
crosswords and sudko
tjfirth@yahoo.com
i like crosswords!
tweet http://twitter.com/kgail11/status/6120322573
tweet http://twitter.com/kgail11/status/6140649805
I LOVE Soduko :)
ktgonyea at gmail.com
I enjoy doing crossword puzzles.
pkildow at gmail dot com
tweet http://twitter.com/kgail11/status/6176764740
I really enjoy doing crossword puzzles.
Tweeted
http://twitter.com/palmersf/statuses/6217719175
I like word find puzzles!
I subscribe by Yahoo rss.
supe61@hotmail.com
I like word puzzles best!
gaby317nyc at gmail dot com
subscriber
+2 follow on twitter and tweeted
(startingfreshny)
gaby317nyc at gmail dot com
I like crosswords the best.
I love doing crossword puzzles.
honeybeez80@yahoo.com
Love word searches! thanks for the contest!
airalynn@gmail.com
Saturday New York Times Crosswords!
theyyyguy@yahoo.com
My favorites are logic puzzles and fill-in puzzles. This reminds me that I need to get something like this for my dad for Christmas! :)
krtrumpet [at] aol [dot] com
My favorite kinds of puzzles are lateral thinking puzzles.
Love puzzles.. Right now it's Suduko..
I love logic puzzles.
I enjoy challenging crosswords (Wall Street Journal and New York Times)and word scrambles.
I like crossword puzzles.
msurosey@yahoo.com
tweet http://twitter.com/kgail11/status/6335394897
i like suduko puzzles
familytiesandgrowingpains@gmail.com
I like doing sudokos (sp?). My husband loves crosswords. I get to try to finish up the clues he couldn't figure out! Thanks!
egreca at hotmail dot com
I love crossword puzzles, thanks!
Hotsnotty2@hotmail.com
Crosswords are my favorite!
Katie
showbizkp[at]gmail[dot]com
I like playing Sudoku!
tylerpants(at)gmail.com
I'm a subscriber
I love doing crosswords puzzles!
Subscribe to your feed.
jesskaufman at hotmail dot com
I'm a word nerd and enjoy crossword puzzles.
jesskaufman at hotmail dot com
I like frameworks and fill ins :)
I love sudoku. Do at least one puzzle a day!
I enjoy Sudoku, crossword, and brain puzzles. vidomich(at)yahoo(dot)com
I subscribed to your feed.
I enjoy doing crossword puzzles.