, ,

A Money Saving Formula & Giveaway

Friday, October 30, 2009 Leave a Comment

It's been 12 years since I've had to feed a baby in my home.

I admit to being a rebel and having formula fed Amber. Not because I couldn't produce sufficient milk, not because she wouldn't latch, and not because I was working.

I never felt guilty having done it, had no problems bonding with my child and interestingly enough, out of all the children that she grew up with in the family and in church groups, she was healthiest (and the only one formula fed!) out of all of them.

That aside, formula is obviously more expensive then breast feeding, and while it was a choice I made, it's a necessity for others. And the cost can add up, especially if it was one you weren't anticipating in advance.

Even though we could afford formula, I always chose to purchase the "off brand". The nutritional value was the same, and hey I'm pretty smart, I know that the name brands plug the hospitals with freebies to get families to use their products, and I wasn't buying it (lol, pun intended).

Store brand formula is safe, contains all the nutritional requirements set by the FDA  and can save you up to 50% vs. buying the name brand. Do you want to learn how much you can save? Check out the savings calculator at www.parentschoiceformula.com

PBM Products, the largest U.S. supplier of store-brand formula, is offering you discount coupons that can be used to purchase store-brand formulas at Walgreens, Babies “R” Us, Kroger and dozens of other leading stores. You need only to fill out a quick form and the coupons will be on their way.

They are also giving one of my readers a free copy of the 368-page Consumer Reports Best Baby Products, a $16.95 value.

To enter the giveaway leave a comment telling me your favorite store to buy baby formula at.

For extra entries (the above must be done first) you can:
 
1. Become a fan of Three Different Directions on Facebook
2. Follow me on twitter and tweet this giveaway (this can be once per day, please leave the direct link to your tweet in the comments). Just click the birdie.
3. Follow my blog publicly.
4. Subscribe to my feed via e-mail or reader.
5. Blog about this giveaway linking back to my blog.
6. Add my button to your blog.

This giveaway will end on November 13, 2009 at 11:59 pm cst and open to U.S. Residents ages 18+. The winner will be chosen by random.org and will be e-mailed. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to the e-mail or an alternate winner will be chosen. By entering this giveaway you are stating that you have read my **About Reviews and Privacy/Rules declaration and agree to them.

I received the opportunity to share about PBM products through Team Mom, but did not receive any compensation for this post.

25 comments »

  • Anonymous said:  

    I buy it at the supermarket.

    bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    Email subscriber.

    bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Punked Mom said:  

    I like the Parents Choice brand from Walmart.

  • mverno said:  

    in the supermarket mverno@roadrunner.com

  • Jet'set said:  

    I've heard sams and costco are great places to buy formula...
    inalak at msn dot com

  • Meredith said:  

    CVS has great sales and I do extra bucks so i get lots of the price.

  • Renee said:  

    Walmart and Food Lion are the places I shopped.

  • Erica G said:  

    My favorite store to buy formula is BJs Wholesale Club. Thanks!

    egreca at hotmail dot com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I buy mine at King Soopers but here lately the price has gone up.So I buy on E BAy and choose the ones with free shipping. april_hobeck2000@yahoo.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I love to shop at walmart for forumla.
    erma.hurtt@sbcglobal.net

  • Anonymous said:  

    I always buy at either Walmart or Sam's Club.

    Shawnac68@hotmail.com

  • Molly K said:  

    I buy my formula at Walmart or Target-which ever one I am going to be closest to that day.

  • Anonymous said:  

    Sam's Club

    theyyyguy@yahoo.com

  • Tylerpants said:  

    I usually get baby formula at Costco
    tylerpants(at)gmail.com

  • Tylerpants said:  

    I'm a subscriber. tylerpants(at)gmail.com

  • Tylerpants said:  

    I'm a follower. tylerpants(at)gmail.com

  • Shane said:  

    I buy it at safeway because that's what is near my house.

  • Leave your response!