, , ,

Little Husks Tableware Giveaway

Thursday, October 29, 2009 Leave a Comment

Little Husks makes some truly awesome children’s tableware.

Available at Simplygoodstuff.com, it includes a bowl, a cup, child-sized fork and spoon, divided plate and spaghetti plate all perfect for little hands.

Everything is dishwasher safe. The natural brown color means that there are no added dyes, fillers or chemicals.

Your not going to believe what this is made from though.....no it's not melamine, and its not ceramic...
it's made from RICE HUSKS!!  What a great way to ensure a safe way to feed your kids. That in itself is worth the price, which is $26.95 for the set.

You will also love the fact that these dishes can be put in the microwave.  Most children's dishes can't, and this makes Little Husks much more versatile in your kitchen.  As a matter of fact they are temperature resistant from -30 degrees Celsius to 120 degrees Celsius.

Because they are made from 100% natural fiber they are also biodegradable.  So after years of normal use when your children are done with them and your ready to move on, under optimal conditions they will break down 100%.

We have been using these dishes for the past couple of weeks even though we don't have any littles around.  The bowl has been a perfect size for breakfast cereal and ice cream, and the spaghetti plate for toast and snacks.  They have come out perfect from the dishwasher and it was noted when they arrived that they could have a "smell" to them when they get heated up because of the natural fibers, but we didn't notice any at all, and I have an extremely sensitive nose.

The labeling stickers that come on them are a little tough to get off even with some elbow grease, a different method of adhering them to the product would be nice, but it in no way effects the tableware.

The only other thing I wish, is that these dishes would come in "grown up" sets as well!  We like them so much we would buy a complete tableware set of four, for our home if they did.



SimplyGoodStuff.com has generously offered one reader from my blog to win a complete Little Husks Set.

To enter visit SimplyGoodStuff.com and leave a comment telling me another item that interests you from their site.

For extra entries (the above must be done first) you can:
 
1. Become a fan of Three Different Directions on Facebook
2. Follow me on twitter and tweet this giveaway (this can be once per day, please leave the direct link to your tweet in the comments). Just click the birdie.
3. Follow my blog publicly.
4. Subscribe to my feed via e-mail or reader.
5. Blog about this giveaway linking back to my blog.
6. Add my button to your blog.

This giveaway will end on November 12, 2009 at 11:59 pm cst and open to U.S. Residents (no PO Boxes) ages 18+. The winner will be chosen by random.org and will be e-mailed. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to the e-mail or an alternate winner will be chosen. By entering this giveaway you are stating that you have read my **About Reviews and Privacy/Rules declaration and agree to them.

I received a complimentary set of Little Husks Tableware from Simplygoodstuff.com for the purpose of this post.

96 comments »

  • Anonymous said:  

    I also like the I-Gami Gardener Kit A Unique Building Toy Based on Origami. seehorce(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'm a fan of yours on Facebook. seehorce(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I follow your blog. seehorce(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I subscribe to your blog. seehorce(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Terra Heck said:  

    I like the EasyDry Car Towel. Thanks.
    partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • Terra Heck said:  

    email subscriber
    partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • Terra Heck said:  

    I follow your blog.
    partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • Monica said:  

    The Twig building block set looks pretty cool.

    detroit.mommy (at) gmail (dot) com

  • Monica said:  

    I am a fan on facebook - Monica Ø.

    detroit.mommy (at) gmail (dot) com

  • Monica said:  

    I follow you publicly

    detroit.mommy (at) gmail (dot) com

  • Monica said:  

    I subscribe by email

    detroit.mommy (at) gmail (dot) com

  • Monica said:  

    I follow you on Twitter and I tweeted:
    http://twitter.com/detroitmommy/status/5269297286

    detroit.mommy (at) gmail (dot) com

  • itsme said:  

    i've been wanting a plasma car, they have it!!

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5278171696 tweet

  • itsme said:  

    http://clarissaneiding.blogspot.com/2009/10/three-different-directions-and-little.html blogged

  • itsme said:  

    have button http://clarissaneiding.blogspot.com/2009/10/three-different-directions-and-little.html

  • Anna said:  

    I'm also interested in the Plasmacar
    anna.courtney(at)virgin(dot)net

  • Anna said:  

    I would also love a Plasmacar.
    anna.courtney(at)virgin(dot)net

  • Anna said:  

    I am a fan of Three Different Directions on Facebook
    anna.courtney(at)virgin(dot)net

  • Anna said:  

    I follow your blog publicly.
    anna.courtney(at)virgin(dot)net

  • Anna said:  

    I subscribed to your feed via reader.
    anna.courtney(at)virgin(dot)net

  • Jana said:  

    I would totally love a massage pillow.

    dropcqueen@yahoo.com

  • Jana said:  

    I am a fan of Three Different Directions on Facebook

    drocpqueen@Yahoo.com

  • Jana said:  

    I follow on twitter and tweeted http://twitter.com/dropcqueen/status/5286519782

    dropcqueen@Yahoo.com

  • Jana said:  

    I subscribe via e-mail

    dropcqueen@yahoo.com

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5295487702 daily tweet

  • Anonymous said:  

    I like the sink strainers. JD

    SamneneD@aol.com

  • mytwogirls said:  

    The Perplexus marble game looks really cool. My 8 year old daughter would love it!!
    cillymoo@gmail.com

  • mytwogirls said:  

    I am following you as mytwogirls
    cillymoo@gmail.com

  • mytwogirls said:  

    I subscribe via email
    cillymoo@gmail.com

  • Anita Yancey said:  

    The Nonstick Bread Knife interests me. Please enter me. Thanks!

    ayancey(at)dishmail(dot)net

  • Anita Yancey said:  

    I am a email subscriber!

    ayancey(at)dishmail(dot)net

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5321266433 daily tweet

  • Stephanie said:  

    Perplexus looks awesome!!
    tvollowitz at aol do tcom

  • K. Rock said:  

    They have so much stuff. I like the microfiber car wash kit.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I like the sink strainer. I'm always peeling and cutting stuff over my sink, so this would keep that stuff from going down my drain.

  • mverno said:  

    dryer balls mverno@roadrunner.com

  • Desi @ Wee Share said:  

    The rubbabu balls are really neat!

    Desi
    drgdlgletterboxers@yahoo.com

  • Desi @ Wee Share said:  

    I follow your blog

    Desi
    drgdlgletterboxers@yahoo.com

  • Desi @ Wee Share said:  

    I am your fan on facebook

    Desi
    drgdlgletterboxers@yahoo.com

  • Desi @ Wee Share said:  

    I subscribe via email

    Desi
    drgdlgletterboxers@yahoo.com

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5346224190 daily tweet

  • Renee said:  

    I like and want to buy the Perplexus!

  • Meredith said:  

    I love the 800 thread count sheets and what a great price for only 24.95

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5369432471 daily tweet

  • Anonymous said:  

    Their store has a ton of awesome products, could definately use the Sh-Scoop La Poop for our two dogs. :)

  • mogrill said:  

    I like the nonstick bread knife. Thanks for the chance.
    mogrill@comcast.net

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5398717180 daily tweet

  • mail4rosey said:  

    I like the Super Dusting Wand.

    Thank you. msurosey@yahoo.com

  • mscoffee77 said:  

    My kids would love the Rubbabu Balls!

    mscoffee77(AT)juno(DOT)com

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5431979195 daily tweet

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5455586085 daily tweet

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5484243509 daily tweet

  • sweetsue said:  

    I really like the Rubbablox-soooo cool!
    smchester at gmail dot com

  • sweetsue said:  

    I follow your blog publicly.
    smchester at gmail dot com

  • Kristin said:  

    I love the idea of Baby Ganics All Purpose Cleaner. That is awesome!

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5510585303 daily tweet

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5537696709 daily tweet

  • CarrieAnn13 said:  

    I also like the Borner V-Slicer Plus

  • Anonymous said:  

    I like the bamboo cutting boards!

    robin@lolidots.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    Blog Follower!

    robin@lolidots.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    Twitter follower!
    @lolidots

    robin@lolidots.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    Facebook fan!

    robin@lolidots.com

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5564087555 daily tweet

  • Erica G said:  

    i like their SINK STRAINER. Thanks!

    egreca at hotmail dot com

  • roseh2o19 said:  

    twig building block set

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5594979130 daily tweet

  • Anonymous said:  

    I like the Standing Crane Statue.
    erma.hurtt@sbcglobal.net

  • dreamcleavers said:  

    the plasma car interests me
    dreamcleavers@yahoo.com

  • dreamcleavers said:  

    im a fan on facebook
    dreamcleavers@yahoo.com
    lance pearson
    dreamcleavers

  • dreamcleavers said:  

    i follow you on google connect
    dreamcleavers
    dreamcleavers@yahoo.com

  • dreamcleavers said:  

    i subscribe on google reader
    dreamcleavers@yahoo.com

  • Hotsnotty2 said:  

    I also like the 800 Thread Count Sheets, thanks!

    Hotsnotty2@hotmail.com

  • Andi said:  

    I like the Drinkwell Pet Fountain.

  • Angela G said:  

    I like the Dado cubes.
    ag1414@hotmail.com

  • Angela G said:  

    I follow and I tweeted: http://twitter.com/ag1414/status/5643082534

  • ReggieMann said:  

    Another interesting item is the PlasmaCar!!

    ReggieM1961 (at) gmail (dot) com

  • Unknown said:  

    I also like their Perplexus Toy.
    Jesskaufman at hotmail dot com

  • Unknown said:  

    I became a Fan on Facebook
    jesskaufman at hotmail dot com

  • Unknown said:  

    Follow on Twitter and Tweeted http://twitter.com/MACMOMof3/status/5651910444
    jesskaufman at hotmail dot com

  • Unknown said:  

    I subscribe to your feed.
    jesskaufman at hotmail dot com

  • Unknown said:  

    I have your button on my blog.
    jesskaufman at hotmail dot com

  • itsme said:  

    http://twitter.com/cneiding/status/5653577714 daily tweet

  • artsweet said:  

    I like the evrisink strainer.
    artsweets@gmail.com

  • taylorbagels said:  

    Microfiber bath mat
    electricisland(at)gmail.com

  • taylorbagels said:  

    Following blog publicly as georgie c

  • juau4 said:  

    I like the Evri-veggie knife. It's a great idea! I've got to get one!

  • /\Heather/\ said:  

    I like the Star Julienne Peeler. I need to Julienne daily!

  • /\Heather/\ said:  

    Follow and tweeted - http://twitter.com/choochoo428/status/5672169892

  • Leave your response!