, , , ,

Exergen Temporal Scanner Giveaway

Friday, October 23, 2009 Leave a Comment

About six months ago I was fortunate enough to win a giveaway on another blog for an Exergen Temporal Scanner.

I was really wondering before we received it whether it was "that much" better than the ear thermometer we currently owned, as we found our ear thermometer quite good, except when the fever was accompanied by an ear infection, ouch!

We were extremely impressed by the accuracy of the Exergen Temporal Scanner.  Often we had to use our ear thermometer three or four times successively in order to receive a reading that was in line with a previous one.  It could fluctuate by as much as a degree one way or another.  But the Exergen has never given us a reading more than .2 degrees either way when we have taken a few or more readings, so now we just stick to 2 readings and we know we are getting the correct temperature.

The reason it is so accurate?  In the couple of seconds that it takes to sweep over the forehead to the temple it takes about 2000 readings and it selects the most accurate.

It takes some practice to use it right, but once you get the hang of it, you'll feel like you're a medical professional.  Take a peek at how easy it is to use.



As part of The Parent Reviewers Blog Tour for the Exergen Temporal Scanner, each participating blog was sent an Exergen Temporal Scanner to use and review in their home.  Since I already own one, I am giving away the one that was provided to me for this blog tour away to one of my readers!

To enter the giveaway visit Exergen.com and tell me something you learned about the Exergen Temporal Scanner or a place near you where you can purchase one.

For extra entries (the above must be done first) you can:
 
1. Become a fan of Three Different Directions on Facebook
2. Follow me on twitter and tweet this giveaway (this can be once per day, please leave the direct link to your tweet in the comments). Just click the birdie.
3. Follow my blog publicly.
4. Subscribe to my feed via e-mail or reader.
5. Blog about this giveaway linking back to my blog.
6. Add my button to your blog.

This giveaway will end on November 8, 2009 at 11:59 pm cst and open to U.S. Residents ages 18+. The winner will be chosen by random.org and will be e-mailed. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to the e-mail or an alternate winner will be chosen. By entering this giveaway you are stating that you have read my **About Reviews and Privacy/Rules declaration and agree to them.

I received an Exergen Temporal Scanner from Exergen as part of a Parent Reviewers Blog Tour which I in turn am giving away to one of my readers via this post giveaway.

223 comments »

«Oldest   ‹Older   1 – 200 of 223   Newer›   Newest»
  • tawndam said:  

    I've seen these at the local Walmart... but I'd much rather win one for a friend's new baby (if I win it... I can't get yelled at that I didn't have to buy anything... lol)

  • Unknown said:  

    these look great. You can purchase them at costco. amypugmire@live.com

  • Unknown said:  

    follow on twitter and tweeted. amypugmire@live.com
    http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/5100248606

  • Anonymous said:  

    I learned that The operating environmental temperature range for this product is 60 to 104°F (15.5 to 40°C). Very interesting. seehorce(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I follow your blog. seehorce(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Kim said:  

    I learned I can buy it at my walmart!

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'm a fan of Three Different Directions on Facebook. seehorce(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Kim said:  

    follow & tweeted http://twitter.com/kgail11/status/5103288688

  • Anonymous said:  

    I subscribe to your blog. seehorce(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I can purchase it at Walmart.

    bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    Email subscriber.

    bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Marla said:  

    The best place to measure temperature is in the center of the heart, but this can only be done under a doctor's supervision. That was new to me. Thank you for the aweseome giveaway. Would love to win.

    koinonia572001@yahoo.com

  • Marla said:  

    I am a follower of your blog. Thanks!

    koinonia572001@yahoo.com

  • Marla said:  

    I am also an email subscriber. Thanks again!

    koinonia572001@yahoo.com

  • Mami2jcn said:  

    I can purchase one at my local Walmart.

    mami2jcn at gmail dot com

  • Whitney said:  

    I learned that the best place to measure temp is the center of your heart- who knew?? :)
    I could buy one at Babies R Us!

  • Whitney said:  

    follow on twitter- whitlump
    tweet- http://twitter.com/whitlump/status/5104610861

  • Andrea Kruse said:  

    I have seen these at Costco & Babies R Us.

  • Andrea Kruse said:  

    I am a fan of Three Different Directions on facebook. (andrea kruse)

  • Andrea Kruse said:  

    Following you on Twitter & Tweeted
    http://twitter.com/notimeMom/status/5106237707

  • mrsshukra said:  

    This is available at Walmart in my neighborhood!

    delilah0180(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • mrsshukra said:  

    Google reader subscriber!

    delilah0180(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • mrsshukra said:  

    Google friend follower!

    delilah0180(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • jlmk said:  

    I can purchase at my local Walgreens!

  • Anonymous said:  

    Oh man, I hope I win! I need one so bad! After a few years of use ours got played with and broke :(

    One thing I didn't know was to take the temp behind the ear if there's any sweat on the forehead.

    lukeandbryn AT gmail DOT com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I subscribe

    lukeandbryn AT gmail DOT com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I follow
    lukeandbryn AT gmail DOT com

  • lfhpueblo said:  

    I can purchase it at Walmart, Walgreen's or Sam's Club.

  • lfhpueblo said:  

    I'm a fan and left a message under the name Lauralee Hensley. I'm hoping to win, but good luck to all.

  • Shelly Leatham said:  

    I can buy one at Costco...but I'd much rather win one!
    bleatham(at)gmail.com

  • Shelly Leatham said:  

    facebook fan shelly leatham
    bleatham(at)gmail.com

  • Shelly Leatham said:  

    follow on twitter and tweeted
    http://twitter.com/sleatham1/status/5120040077
    bleatham(at)gmail.com

  • Shelly Leatham said:  

    email subscriber
    bleatham(AT)gmail.com

  • Shelly Leatham said:  

    I follow your blog publicly
    bleatham(at)gmail.com

  • pamcallahan said:  

    I can purchase this at my local Walgreens!

  • pamcallahan said:  

    I follow as "Pam"

    pamela.callahan@sbcglobal.net

  • scarlette10 said:  

    I can buy one locally at my Walgreens

  • Andrea Kruse said:  

    Daily Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/notimeMom/status/5126617590
    andrea.kruse at gmail dot com

  • Heidi Gail said:  

    I can get one at Walmart.

  • Lori said:  

    Arterial temperature is the same temperature as the blood flowing from the heart. It is the best determinate of body temperature.

    NickyseesMom(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

  • Lori said:  

    FB Fan
    NickyseesMom(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

  • Lori said:  

    Follow blog publicly

    NickyseesMom(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

  • Lori said:  

    Blogged
    http://nickyseesmom.blogspot.com/

    NickyseesMom(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

  • Lori said:  

    Got your button
    http://nickyseesmom.blogspot.com/

    NickyseesMom(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

  • ohstac said:  

    I learned that you can get a $5.00 rebate and they sell it at Sam'c Club.

  • ohstac said:  

    I follow & tweet
    http://twitter.com/ohstac/statuses/5131900621

  • Deborah Wellenstein said:  

    This product can be purchased at Sams. Thanks!

  • Joannie said:  

    I can purchase the temporal scanner at several places in my locality: Walmart, Walgreens, and probably other places nearby! But maybe I will win one??
    hi_joan_elliott at hotmail dot com

  • carrieallen84 said:  

    I learned you can ask your pediatrician for your TAT-2000C Educational Pamphlet which includes a $5.00 (mail-in) rebate coupon good toward your purchase of a TAT-2000C ComfortSCANNER™ or TemporalScanner™ Temporal Artery Thermometer
    carrieallen84@hotmail.com

  • carrieallen84 said:  

    I became a fan on facebook.
    carrieallen84@hotmail.com

  • carrieallen84 said:  

    I follow you on twitter and tweeted!!! http://twitter.com/carrieallen84
    carrieallen84@hotmail.com

  • carrieallen84 said:  

    I follow your blog publically!!!
    carrieallen84@hotmail.com

  • carrieallen84 said:  

    I subscribed to your blog via google reader!!!!
    carrieallen84@hotmail.com

  • carrieallen84 said:  

    I blogged about your giveaway!!!
    http://carriesgoodies.blogspot.com/2009/10/exergen-temporal-scanner-giveaway.html
    carrieallen84@hotmail.com

  • carrieallen84 said:  

    I added your button to my blog!!!!!
    http://carriesgoodies.blogspot.com/
    carrieallen84@hotmail.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    i can get it at walmart

    autumn398 @ yahoo.com

  • mogrill said:  

    I can get this at Walmart. I am there weekly. Thanks for the chance.
    mogrill@comcast.net

  • Kim said:  

    tweet http://twitter.com/kgail11/status/5151903718

  • lissaxolove said:  

    I think I've seen this at my local Walmart :)
    Looked really nice and easy!
    Avoids germs from mouth

    melis4745@yahoo.com

  • lissaxolove said:  

    I subscribe via email
    melis4745@yahoo.com

  • Sue E said:  

    The Exergen can be bought at several locations including Walmart, Target, and Walgreesn. Thanks!

    sueellison@hcecwildblue.com

  • Gigi said:  

    I learned it is almost impossible to miss the temporal artery on the forehead. I need fool proof! ruth dot gray at gmail dot com

  • Kim said:  

    tweet http://twitter.com/kgail11/status/5179382890

  • jlafount said:  

    It is more accurate because Temporal artery temperature is not affected by the things that cause oral and underarm temperatures to be misleading.

  • Estelle said:  

    I learned that the temporal artery is a branch of the internal carotid artery.

  • Kim said:  

    tweet http://twitter.com/kgail11/status/5206682322

  • Kristie said:  

    I could get it at Toys R Us!

    khmorgan_00 [at] yahoo [dot] com

  • Anonymous said:  

    The Exergen Temporal Thermometer is easy to use, accurate, and is available at Walmart.

    lindasuekoester@hotmail.com

  • Luv to Save said:  

    The nearest store I can buy it is in babies r us.
    luvtosave at gmail.com

  • Luv to Save said:  

    twitter follower and tweeted
    http://twitter.com/Luv_to_Save/status/5230452658
    luvtosave at gmail.com

  • mail4rosey said:  

    I learned that their software is patented, and that I can purchase this at Walmart.

    Thank you.
    msurosey@yahoo.com

  • miller lawn service said:  

    They're available at Walgreens.com and and Wal-Mart--both very convenient. Thanks!

  • Kim said:  

    tweet http://twitter.com/kgail11/status/5236370694

  • Unknown said:  

    My doctor recommended this thermometer highly. I always use the under the arm method and it is not as accurate as this one.

  • Renee said:  

    These are available at our Wal-mart. I bought mine there! I love it and would like to win one for my friend who is expecting.

  • Kim said:  

    tweet http://twitter.com/kgail11/status/5265080984

  • Carol W. said:  

    I can buy an Exergen Temporal Scanner at Walgreen's.

    wolfcarol451(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Carol W. said:  

    I follow on Friends Connect.

    wolfcarol451(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Carol W. said:  

    I subscribe with Google Reader.

    wolfcarol451(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Erica C. said:  

    I love that it's at Walmart...thanks!

  • tomato said:  

    I learned that they are available at Costco!

    hanovertomato at yahoo dot com

  • Evie said:  

    I have seen this at walmart and target in my area.

  • Evie said:  

    fan of Three Different Directions on Facebook (luvmakeup)

  • Evie said:  

    follow and tweeted: http://twitter.com/shopgurl/status/5281694395

  • Evie said:  

    subscriber via reader

  • Kim said:  

    tweet http://twitter.com/kgail11/status/5285457690

  • Anonymous said:  

    Exergen creates non-invasive temperature measurement devices providing lower cost and higher accuracy.JD

    SamneneD@aol.com

  • mytwogirls said:  

    I can get this at Costco or Walgreens.
    cillymoo@gmail.com

  • mytwogirls said:  

    I am a follower as mytwogirls
    cillymoo@gmail.com

  • mytwogirls said:  

    I am a subscriber
    cillymoo@gmail.com

  • Kim said:  

    tweet http://twitter.com/kgail11/status/5318407455

  • Beth said:  

    Well, I *could* get one at Costco, but it would be much better for my budget if I were lucky enough to win one. ;)

    wordygirl (at) earthlink (dot) net

  • DIANE said:  

    It is easier and gentler to use tryly non-invasive. Can be bought @ Costco Wholesale and Sams Club and Target.
    Diane blumoon.dh@gmail.com

  • Susan said:  

    I can purchase the Temposral Scanner at the Walgreens about 3 blocks from my house.

  • Unknown said:  

    It can be purchased at the Walgreen's near me. I have been really wanting to get one of these - they'd make taking temps so much easier!

  • Kim said:  

    tweet http://twitter.com/kgail11/status/5343124140

  • Kim said:  

    tweet http://twitter.com/kgail11/status/5369882257

  • Michele said:  

    Thank you for the great giveaway. You can purchase these at your local Walmart stores!

  • Kim said:  

    tweet http://twitter.com/kgail11/status/5398514851

  • Jill said:  

    I can buy one at my local Walmart. I have to say as I went around the house today taking everyone's temperatures, I was really thinking that I needed one of these. It's so hard making sure a regular ear thermometer is properly inserted and then I can take my little one's temp and it can be different every time.

    tutucuteforme(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • Amy L. said:  

    I saw these at my local Walgreens. Thanks for the great giveaway!

    melazy1(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Kim said:  

    tweet http://twitter.com/kgail11/status/5418874984

  • Lower Mitten Kitten said:  

    I can purchase one at my nearby Babies R Us store.

  • Hearts N Flowers said:  

    I found out I can purchase one of these at walmart.

    heartsnflowers72@gmail.com

  • Hearts N Flowers said:  

    fanned you on facebook

    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000045462010&ref=profile

    heartsnflowers72@gmail.com

  • Hearts N Flowers said:  

    followed you from @mistysunrise and tweeted

    http://twitter.com/MistySunrise/status/5443226214

    heartsnflowers72@gmail.com

  • Hearts N Flowers said:  

    followed your blog

    heartsnflowers72@gmail.com

  • Kim said:  

    tweet http://twitter.com/kgail11/status/5448509160

  • turboterp said:  

    I learned I can purchase the Exergen at Costco! Thank you!

  • Erica G said:  

    I can buy it at Toys 'R Us. Thanks!

    egreca (at) hotmail {dot} com

  • roseh2o19 said:  

    the best place to measure temp is the center of your heart

  • Kerry said:  

    It measures the temperal artery, which gives the most accurate temp for the body. I never knew this. I have 6 children, it seems someone is always getting sick! I'd love to be able to take their temp, and check on them while they are sleeping, and not have to wake them up like I do now.

    Thanks!

  • Kerry said:  

    I am following you ob FB- Kerry Ryan- Wali

  • Kerry said:  

    following you on twitter- batchicky



    ryan82299@comcast.net

  • Kim said:  

    tweet http://twitter.com/kgail11/status/5477442915

  • Anonymous said:  

    Walmart and toys r us are right down the road

  • Jen V said:  

    They are available at Walgreens. I have one 5 minutes from my house. Would love one of these to use on my daughter. For some reason she hates our ear thermometer.
    ssovrnej@gmail.com

  • Jen V said:  

    facebook fan (Jen Voss)
    ssovrnej@gmail.com

  • Jen V said:  

    I follow you on twitter and tweeted about this giveaway.
    http://twitter.com/Greatgiveaways/status/5486079328
    ssovrnej@gmail.com

  • Jen V said:  

    I follow your blog through google friend connect (Jen V)
    ssovrnej@gmail.com

  • taylorbagels said:  

    Subscribed by google reader

  • monky said:  

    I learned that The operating environmental temperature range for this product is 60 to 104°F (15.5 to 40°C)

    I can buy it at Walmart

    :) Thank you for the wonderful giveaway! :)

  • whysoitenly5 said:  

    I learned the Exergen Temporal Scanner captures naturally emitted infrared heat
    from the arterial blood supply at about 1000 times per second, locking in
    the highest temperature it senses.

    whysoitenly5(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Molly K said:  

    I learned that I could buy one at either Walmart, Costco and Toys R Us.

  • kwinger said:  

    They are sold at Toys R Us!

  • Hearts N Flowers said:  

    daily tweet

    http://twitter.com/MistySunrise/status/5499381768

    heartsnflowers72@gmail.com

  • heaventrees said:  

    I can buy the Exergen near me at Walmart.

  • Kim said:  

    tweet http://twitter.com/kgail11/status/5505400921

  • Anonymous said:  

    I have a Walgreens right around the corner where I can get the Exergen. Thanks for the giveaway.

  • Anonymous said:  

    It would be wonderful to have one and they are sold at Walmart..which is only a 10 min drive!

  • Anonymous said:  

    I became a fan on Facebook!

  • Hearts N Flowers said:  

    daily tweet

    http://twitter.com/MistySunrise/status/5515033233

    heartsnflowers72@gmail.com

  • denyse said:  

    This is non evasive. I NEED this so bad. I have 3 children and my little guy has been fevering for almost 2 weeks now. The Dr's don't seem worried, but I am!

    denyse_g@hotmail.com

  • Xenia said:  

    This would be such an upgrade for us! I can get one at the Walmart near me.

  • Xenia said:  

    I follow on Twitter and tweeted!
    http://twitter.com/thxmailcarrier/status/5516476905

  • Melodic Mom said:  

    I learned that I can buy it at Walmart, which is good because there's one right down the street. :)

  • Melodic Mom said:  

    Tweeted: http://twitter.com/MelodicMom/statuses/5517098861

  • Brandi said:  

    I can purchase one at my local Wal-Mart!

  • Angela G said:  

    I can buy it at Walmart.
    ag1414@hotmail.com

  • Angela G said:  

    I'm an e-mail subscriber.

  • Angela G said:  

    I'm a facebook fan. angela.gaffke

  • Angela G said:  

    I follow and I tweeted: http://twitter.com/ag1414/status/5521346777

  • Anonymous said:  

    I learned that the best place to take temperature is in the center of the heart. This can only be done with Doctor supervision.

    wendym at cableone dot net

  • wantsandwishes said:  

    I tried several of the information pages but they all were not found error messages so i looked up where I could get one and they have them at Costco and the nearest one to me would be in Los Feliz.

  • Pamela S said:  

    I can buy it at my local Walgreen's or Walmart. Thanks so much! pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net

  • Pamela S said:  

    Follower GFC. Thanks so much! pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net

  • Pamela S said:  

    Subscribed via Google Reader. Thanks so much! pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net

  • Susan said:  

    I learned there is a link to a rebate form on the Exergen website.

  • Susan said:  

    Three Different Directions Facebook fan

  • Susan said:  

    Three Different Directions follower via Google

  • Susan said:  

    Three Different Directions Subscriber

  • pitaharmon said:  

    There is a Walgreen's on the corner and they sell these there, I just don't have the extra coin right now to get one, in fact, two weeks ago my thermometer broke and I am currently using my hand to check for fevers!
    harmonden[at]wowway[dot]com

  • Kim said:  

    tweet http://twitter.com/kgail11/status/5532226113

  • Candie L said:  

    They are sold at our local Wal-mart. thank you

    candieluster(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Sheila Hickmon said:  

    I learned that The best place to measure temperature is the center of the heart, but this can be done only under a doctor's supervision. Thanks!
    hawkgirl_16{at}hotmail{dot}com

  • Sheila Hickmon said:  

    I subscribe!

    hawkgirl_16{at}hotmail{dot}com

  • Sheila Hickmon said:  

    I follow your blog! mom2anutball

    hawkgirl_16{at}hotmail{dot}com

  • lilbabypug said:  

    I have seen them available at Walgreens here, and according to the Exergen web site, my local Walmart should have it too. thanks for the wonderful giveaway!

  • Tylerpants said:  

    The temporal artery is the only artery positioned close enough to the skin surface to provide access needed to take an accurate measurement!
    tylerpants(at)gmail.com

  • Tylerpants said:  

    I'm a follower. tylerpants(at)gmail.com

  • AmentsChick said:  

    I learned I can find it at Toys R Us!!

    amentschick(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Hotsnotty2 said:  

    I can buy it at my local Walgreens, thanks!

    Hotsnotty2@hotmail.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I learned The TemporalScanner Thermometer is designed to measure the temperature of the skin surface over the temporal artery, a major artery of the head.
    fefebelkin[at]live[dot]com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'm a fan on facebook as Felicia Marie.
    fefebelkin[at]live[dot]com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I follow you via google friend connect as LadybugMama.
    fefebelkin[at]live[dot]com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I subscribe via email.
    fefebelkin[at]live[dot]com

  • Anonymous said:  

    Publish this one~
    I subscribe via google reader.
    fefebelkin[at]live[dot]com

  • Bridget3496 said:  

    I can purchase one at walmart

  • Bridget3496 said:  

    email subscriber- brdgcombs at aol dot com

  • trixx said:  

    I learned that it captures the naturally emitted heat from the skin over the temporal artery, taking 1,000 readings per second!

  • Amy delong said:  

    I learned how accurate it is,that is very important!

    ardelong2(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Kate said:  

    I can buy one at the Walgreens down the street! Thanksf or the giveaway!!

    strycker@slu.edu

  • Anonymous said:  

    Costco would be my place to get one, but I'm so poor... I really need this for the kids :(

    mzpaw@yahoo.com

  • AmyLynn said:  

    I can buy the Exergen TemporalScanner at Walgreens, which is right down the street from my house. Thanks for the chance!

  • AmyLynn said:  

    I'm following your blog.

  • AmyLynn said:  

    I subscribe to your feed via google reader.

  • Jessica said:  

    I can get it at Costco.

    jessicaannewilde at gmail.com

  • susitravl said:  

    I learned that they sell these great thermometers at Wal-Mart.

  • Hearts N Flowers said:  

    daily tweet

    http://twitter.com/MistySunrise/status/5545250015

    heartsnflowers72@gmail.com

  • Sue said:  

    It's non invasive which is the biggest plus, in my opinion!

  • Jinxy and Me said:  

    I could get it at Walmart.

  • «Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 223   Newer› Newest»

    Leave your response!