,

Harry Connick Jr. - Your Songs CD - Giveaway & Review

Friday, September 25, 2009 Leave a Comment



I was first "introduced" to Harry as a pre-teen by my older brother. He is big into the jazz scene and if I wanted a ride to the mall, I got to listen to Harry on the way!

Harry Connick Jr's newest CD is entitled Your Songs (released on 9/22/09). These are Harry's rendition of classics. You know from the likes of Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett and Nat King Cole.

The tracks All The Way, The Way You Look Tonight and Some Enchanted Evening, made me reminisce about sitting in the back seat of my brother's Acadia bopping to the sounds of the beat and the horns. Of note is the incredible saxophone playing by Branford Marsallis in All The Way.

The rest of the album...

well let's just say it didn't live up to my memories of what Harry was all about. I liken it to music my parents might play at a dinner party. The other 11 tracks are more for kicking your feet up in front of the fire with a glass of wine (or in my case a mug of coffee since I don't drink) and letting the music lull you to sleep. Very unlike the usual jazz tempo Harry is known to deliver.

But why don't you decide for yourself? If you head over to Amazon.com you can listen to some samples from his new album, or if you have time. on Monday morning September 28th, Harry Connick Jr. will appear on the Today Show. You might want to watch that.

The One2One Network who supplied me with my review copy of Your Songs would like to give one of my readers the chance to snag a copy of their very own.

To enter: Leave a comment letting me know which one of the songs on the cd you think will be your favorite?


For extra entries (the above must be completed first) you can leave an additional comment for each you are eligible for:

1. Follow Me on twitter and tweet this giveaway (this can be done daily!) simply tweet '@threedifferent http://bit.ly/19y2XP Harry Connick Jr. 'Your Songs' CD Giveaway - Harry's rendition of classics'
2. Subscribe to my feed via reader or email
3. Follow my blog publicly
4. Add my button to your blog
5. Post about this giveaway on your blog and link back to it

This giveaway will end on October 8, 2009 at 11:59 pm cst and is open to U.S. Residents ages 18+. The winner will be chosen by random.org and will be e-mailed. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to the e-mail or an alternate winner will be chosen. By entering this giveaway you are stating that you have read my **About Reviews and my Privacy/Rules statements and agree to them.

108 comments »

  • Dad of Divas said:  

    For me, I like Some Enchanted Evening!

  • Dad of Divas said:  

    Following you on Twitter & Tweeted!

  • DarcyO said:  

    I think The Way You Look Tonight will be fabulous.

    dlodden at frontiernet dot net

  • DarcyO said:  

    I follow with Google Reader.

    dlodden at frontiernet dot net

  • DarcyO said:  

    I follow on Twitter and tweeted (darcy1956)

    dlodden at frontiernet dot net

  • Gigi said:  

    Besame Mucho! thanks
    ruth dot gray at gmail dot com

  • Gigi said:  

    tweet! https://twitter.com/graygirly/status/4382160887
    ruth dot gray at gmail dot com

  • Gigi said:  

    subscribe via rss. ruth dot gray at gmail dot com

  • Gigi said:  

    I follow your blog. ruth dot gray at gmail dot com

  • mverno said:  

    the way you look tonight mverno@roadrunner.com

  • Mary said:  

    Just The Way You Are, it's my wedding first dance song.

    mamie316(at)sbcglobal.net

  • Anonymous said:  

    Can't Help Falling in Love with You will be my favorite.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I am following you on Twitter and I tweeted:
    http://twitter.com/rhoneygee/status/4397514077

  • john ferris said:  

    Enchanted Evening.
    John Ferris
    guapo1317@live.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    Think I am just going to love everything on this CD because it has quite a few of my favorites. I am going to go with "Some Enchanted Evening" and just bliss myself out from there.

  • abfantom said:  

    I like "And I Love You So"

    abfantom at yahoo dot com

  • Peggy said:  

    Love the song,"The Way You Look Tonight" is my favorite
    Thanks
    matternu@aol.com

  • Peggy said:  

    subscriber
    matternu@aol.com

  • Peggy said:  

    follow
    matternu@aol.com

  • Peggy said:  

    Added button
    www.pegsplay.blogspot.com
    matternu@aol.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I like all the way

    jim.coyne2@verizon.net

  • Sellswifey said:  

    The way you look tonight is gonna be good!

  • juedy said:  

    "All The Way," and I'm ready to
    kick my feet up, sit back and listen!

  • Lucyinthesky said:  

    The old standards sound great. Like "The Way You Look Tonight" and "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face". Thanks for the chance to win.

    espressogurl at hotmail dot com

  • Lucyinthesky said:  

    I am an email subscriber at:


    espressogurl at hotmail dot com

  • Lucyinthesky said:  

    I follow publicly on Google Friend Connect/Blogger as Ally or sometimes Rubymoon. It likes to call me both.


    espressogurl at hotmail dot com

  • MOMFOREVERANDEVER said:  

    all the way..I saw him on Oprah..he is still classy and sexy in all ways- forget Brad Pitt

  • DARLA KIDDER said:  

    The way You Look Tonight.
    luckylady4163@yahoo.com

  • Joseph said:  

    I think "Besame Mucho (Kiss Me Much)" would be my favorite son on Harry Connick Jr. newly released CD - Your Songs.

  • Deborah Wellenstein said:  

    My favorite song of the bunch is First Time Ever I Saw Your Face. It was perfectly done by Roberts Flack, so I'd love to hear Harry's take on it. Thanks!

  • kalea_kane said:  

    Most definitely "Smile" would be my favorite. I have always loved it. Thank you for a wonderful giveaway!

    kalea_kane(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • kalea_kane said:  

    I follow you @kellyblackwell via Twitter and Tweeted!

    http://twitter.com/kellyblackwell/status/4431537439

    kalea_kane(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • kalea_kane said:  

    I follow your blog publicly!

    kalea_kane(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • kalea_kane said:  

    I subscribe via email! :)

    kalea_kane(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • marthajane said:  

    I will probably really like "Can't Help Falling in Love with You" since I was a big Elvis fan back in the day!

  • Debbie F said:  

    I like Just the Way You Are.

    dcf_beth at verizon dot net

  • Marjorie/cenya2 said:  

    A great singer, please count me in for this
    giveaway.
    I am a google follower.

    cenya2 at hotmail dot com

  • Nickolay said:  

    The Way You Look Tonight

    jason(at)allworldautomotive(dot)com

  • kalea_kane said:  

    Tweeted today, Sept 29. :)

    http://twitter.com/kellyblackwell/status/4483020006

    kalea_kane(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Unknown said:  

    Gotta go w/ The Way You Look Tonight, too!
    My Husband & I really enjoys some wine, a fire, & some HCJ tunes;)

  • ehhogan said:  

    I think "All The Way" will be my favorite


    ehhogan at bellsouth.net

  • kalea_kane said:  

    Tweeting as a little bird. :)

    http://twitter.com/kellyblackwell/status/4508802232

    kalea_kane(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Renee said:  

    The Way You Look Tonight *sigh*

  • Jeff said:  

    Elton John's Your Song

  • Anonymous said:  

    besame mucho
    timgus at cox dot net

  • justicecw said:  

    I would love Beseme Mucho! Thanks, justicecw@hotmail.com

  • justicecw said:  

    I am a blog follower
    justicecw@hotmail.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I tweeted today: http://twitter.com/rhoneygee/status/4575221557

  • mail4rosey said:  

    The Way You Look Tonight

    THank you.
    msurosey@Yahoo.com

  • mail4rosey said:  

    subscriber

    msurosey@yahoo.com

  • mail4rosey said:  

    follower (mail4rosey)

    msurosey@Yahoo.com

  • Ken said:  

    As an old Beatlemaniac, "And I Love Her is my favorite. Please accept my entry. Thank you.

  • ky2here said:  

    He'll do a great 'just the way you are' - it's a natural extension of his jazz orientation.

  • Ms. Anita said:  

    I like all of the songs... but Some Enchanted Evening will probably be my fave!
    roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com

  • Ms. Anita said:  

    I follow you on Twitter & tweeted for 10/4...

    http://twitter.com/HSBSuzanne/status/4621593222

    roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com

  • Ms. Anita said:  

    I'm subscribed to your feed.
    roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com

  • Ms. Anita said:  

    I follow your blog publicly.
    roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com

  • Ms. Anita said:  

    I tweeted for 10/5:

    http://twitter.com/HSBSuzanne/status/4643065145

    roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com

  • SeahorseLady said:  

    I love is voice! I think that my favorite song will be "The Way You Look Tonight".

  • Unknown said:  

    Hard to pick one but I'll say "Close To You"

  • Ms. Anita said:  

    I tweeted for 10/6:

    http://twitter.com/HSBSuzanne/status/4671570817

    roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com

  • Unknown said:  

    I've always liked the song "Smile" and glad to see it on the cd! Thanks for the nice giveaway!

  • Anonymous said:  

    And I Love Her.

  • Anonymous said:  

    "Just The Way You Are"!

    theyyyguy@yahoo.com

  • Unknown said:  

    The Way You Look Tonight will be good.

  • Kidazy said:  

    Smile will be my favorite because it's one of my all time favorite songs :)

    amysweepstake at yahoo.com

  • Kidazy said:  

    I follow you and I tweeted! http://twitter.com/Kidazy/status/4696235610

  • Kidazy said:  

    I'm subscribed by e-mail!

  • Kidazy said:  

    I follow your blog publicly!

  • Kidazy said:  

    I blogged you! http://www.kidazy.com/contests/eau-flirt-giveaway-and-more-2/

  • Allegro said:  

    And I love Her.

    allegro966(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Tiffany819 said:  

    Just The Way You Are

    tiffanys819 at gmail dot com

    thank you!!

  • CherylS22 said:  

    Can't Help Falling In Love With You

    Thanks ~ megalon22{at}yahoo{dot}com

  • CherylS22 said:  

    I subscribe via Google Reader
    megalon22{at}yahoo{dot}com

  • CherylS22 said:  

    I follow publicly on Google Friend Connect
    megalon22{at}yahoo{dot}com

  • Pamela S said:  

    I LOVE the song "Some Enchanted Evening" so I think that would be my favorite. Thanks so much! pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net

  • Pamela S said:  

    I'm already a follower. Thanks so much! pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net

  • kakihara said:  

    I love the song "The way You Look Tonight"
    kakihararocks@gmail.com

  • 1993wel said:  

    "The Way You Look Tonight" is one of my favorite songs.

  • karen4322 said:  

    I think Can't Help Falling in Love would be my favorite. I love that song.

  • pms3237 said:  

    Can't Help Falling in Love with You. He is absolutely wonderful!

  • Ms. Anita said:  

    I tweeted for 10/8:

    http://twitter.com/HSBSuzanne/status/4711561061

    roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com

  • AICORP said:  

    I'm sure The Way You Look Tonight will be great.

  • Tammy said:  

    The way you look tonight
    tjfirth@yahoo.com

  • susitravl said:  

    Your Song is my favorite on this CD.

  • susitravl said:  

    Follow you on Twitter - susitravl

    http://twitter.com/susitravl/status/4722845539

  • Kathy P said:  

    i like The Way You Look Tonight

  • Kathy P said:  

    http://twitter.com/klp1965/status/4723611261

  • Kathy P said:  

    following your blog as klp1965
    kathy pease

  • Sand said:  

    I love Some Enchanted Evening.

  • Donna said:  

    Some Enchanted Evening for me.
    donna444444@yahoo.com

  • Donna said:  

    subscriber
    donna444444@yahoo.com

  • Donna said:  

    follower
    donna444444@yahoo.com

  • lilyk said:  

    I like The Way You Look Tonight!

  • lilyk said:  

    I subscribed by email.

  • Leave your response!