Cystex - Help for UTIs - Information and Giveaway
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Leave a Comment
Not necessarily the funnest topic to be discussing, but generally items relating to sensitive health issues aren't are they? If you suffer from even occassional bladder irritation you will want to
keep reading.
Research says that ½ of all women will develop a urinary tract infection (UTI) in their lifetime, 20% of the women who develop one typically take three days or longer to see a doctor for help. Are you one of those numbers? I am.
In the heat of summer while in training for a mission trip at the age of 16, I developed a UTI. The advice I was given: drink cranberry juice. Ever heard of that? Well yeah, that's a good remedy to help "prevent" UTIs but not such a great one to "treat" a UTI. Actually once you have one, cranberry juice can exacerbate the symptoms. Wish I had known that 20 years ago.
I picked up that little bit of info at The Ladies Room Blog, part of the Cystex website.
Cystex is an OTC medication that eases the pain and discomfort of a UTI through the analgesic/pain reliever Sodium Salicylate. That's not all it does though, it also contains the antibacterial agent Methenamine so it helps control the infection until you can get in to see your doctor.
While I have not had a chance to use this product yet, I checked it out on Drugstore.com where Cystex is sold ($13.99 for a box of 100 tablets), and out of 40 reviews, 39 gave it 5 stars. Wow! You better believe this is getting space in my medicine cabinet.
One of the many benefits to Cystex is its non staining properties. Apparently other OTC urinary pain products change the color of the urine.
If you chronically develop UTIs you may want to check with your doctor to see if continuous use of Cystex is right for you as a preventative measure.
If you're like me you head to the internet to find out about medical issues before you call your doctor (self diagnosing is not a recommended practice lol!). Make sure if you do that, your information comes from a reputable source.
For things relating to UTIs, Cystex's website has plenty of resources to educate you, as you wait for your appointment to see your physician. Know Your Bladder Better Videos and The Ladies Room Blog are just a couple of them.
In the heat of summer while in training for a mission trip at the age of 16, I developed a UTI. The advice I was given: drink cranberry juice. Ever heard of that? Well yeah, that's a good remedy to help "prevent" UTIs but not such a great one to "treat" a UTI. Actually once you have one, cranberry juice can exacerbate the symptoms. Wish I had known that 20 years ago.
I picked up that little bit of info at The Ladies Room Blog, part of the Cystex website.
Cystex is an OTC medication that eases the pain and discomfort of a UTI through the analgesic/pain reliever Sodium Salicylate. That's not all it does though, it also contains the antibacterial agent Methenamine so it helps control the infection until you can get in to see your doctor.
While I have not had a chance to use this product yet, I checked it out on Drugstore.com where Cystex is sold ($13.99 for a box of 100 tablets), and out of 40 reviews, 39 gave it 5 stars. Wow! You better believe this is getting space in my medicine cabinet.
One of the many benefits to Cystex is its non staining properties. Apparently other OTC urinary pain products change the color of the urine.
If you chronically develop UTIs you may want to check with your doctor to see if continuous use of Cystex is right for you as a preventative measure.
If you're like me you head to the internet to find out about medical issues before you call your doctor (self diagnosing is not a recommended practice lol!). Make sure if you do that, your information comes from a reputable source.
For things relating to UTIs, Cystex's website has plenty of resources to educate you, as you wait for your appointment to see your physician. Know Your Bladder Better Videos and The Ladies Room Blog are just a couple of them.
The makers of Cystex would like to offer one of my readers the chance to try Cystex (winner will receive 1 box of 40 tablets).
To enter this giveaway just leave me a comment.
For extra entries you can (please leave a new comment for each additional entry):
1. Follow Me on twitter and tweet this giveaway (this can be done daily!) simply tweet 'Enter to win Cystex help for UTIs at http://bit.ly/wmzgH'
2. Subscribe to my feed via reader or email
3. Follow my blog publicly
4. Add my button to your blog
5. Post about this giveaway on your blog and link back to it
This giveaway will end on October 9, 2009 at 11:59 pm cst and is open to U.S. Residents ages 18+. The winner will be chosen by random.org and will be e-mailed. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to the e-mail or an alternate winner will be chosen. By entering this giveaway you are stating that you have read my **About Reviews and my Privacy/Rules statements and agree to them.





























i am a winner everyday mverno@roadrunner.com
Follow and a tweet
http://twitter.com/velvet1116/status/4399294720
Subscribe to feed via email
matternu@aol.com
Follow blog publicly
matternu@aol.com
Added button to your blog
matternu@aol.com
this looks great, would love to try
I would love to try this.
misusedinnocence@aol.com
I have been having a few problems this year with urinary infections. You are so right about the other products and staining. Would love to have this in the medicine cabinet instead.
Tweet http://twitter.com/sondrabelle/status/4428570196
Email subscriber
I follow your blog
I don't need this but I know someone who does so I'd like to win.
email subscriber
I get occasional UTIs, and I love that Cystex doesn't stain like the other ones I've tried have.
following on twitter and tweeted http://twitter.com/jsoldham/status/4539946491
subscribed via reader
following your blog
enter me!
I could really use these. Thanks for the entry.
These would come in handy
Following blog
I am having a recurring episode right now! I would like to try this product, because it sounds like many people have found it helpful. I really could use these in the house when this issue pops up again!
thanks!
yona_@hotmail.com
please enter me
cpsnsamples@aol.com
This would be a great product to have around, just in case.
ncschools at yahoo dot com
I follow you on twitter and I tweeted.
http://twitter.com/ncschools/status/4751067167
ncschools at yahoo dot com
I follow your blog.
ncschools at yahoo dot com
I subscribe to your feed.
ncschools at yahoo dot com
i hate when that happens..urinary pain :(
http://twitter.com/klp1965/status/4751782379
following your blog as klp1965 kathy pease
I'd like to try these
alterna7 at hotmail dot com
following
alterna7 at hotmail dot com
subscribed
alterna7 at hotmail dot com
Please enter me :)
I get UTI's all the time & would love to try this!
zestywonderland@gmail.com
I follow!
I subscribe!